Skip to content

Free Agents

The Browns Board
103 15 3.8k
  • Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

    If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

    And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

    Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

    What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

    Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

  • Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay

    If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.

    Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.

    And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.

    Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.

    I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".

  • Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

    If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

    And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

    Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

    What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

    Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

    @wrrebel said:

    Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

    If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

    And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

    Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

    What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

    Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

    You're acting like $24 million is Monopoly money- hate to tell you in the real world- it isn't.

    Rice is getting playmaker money sonny. Can I call you a bozo if his hip injury puts him on IR, and Seattle just paid him $8 million to soak in a tub?

    If, if if. Boldin wasn't coming to Cleveland, regardless of what we offered him. Same deal like Asomugah this year- experienced vet at the top of his game- why go to a run down franchise, when you have your pick of contending teams to play for?

  • Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay

    If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.

    Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.

    And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.

    Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.

    I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".

    @the-gipper said:

    Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay

    If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.

    Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.

    And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.

    Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.

    I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".

    Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.

    I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay

    If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.

    Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.

    And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.

    Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.

    I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".

    Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.

    I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.

    @1-more-season said:

    Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.

    I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.

    Well, Cleveland has no NHL team, and the Penquins have been a succesful operation, winning 3 titles in the last 20 years I believe. And Y-town is only about 50 miles away, so it may be natural.

    Question, since you appear to be from that area: what about Indians vs. Pirates?

  • I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.

    If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.

  • Zombo, tim couch pulls out and the rest who don't feel like a free agent wr was needed this year.

    I will shut my mouth for now... and trust me I hope I'm wrong! I hope by week 6 all of u can tell me what an idiot I was.. being wrong would be the best case scenario here...

  • @1-more-season said:

    Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.

    I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.

    Well, Cleveland has no NHL team, and the Penquins have been a succesful operation, winning 3 titles in the last 20 years I believe. And Y-town is only about 50 miles away, so it may be natural.

    Question, since you appear to be from that area: what about Indians vs. Pirates?

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, Cleveland has no NHL team, and the Penquins have been a succesful operation, winning 3 titles in the last 20 years I believe. And Y-town is only about 50 miles away, so it may be natural.

    Question, since you appear to be from that area: what about Indians vs. Pirates?

    Me? Former Jr. Pen and Penquins season ticket holder. Pirates with a soft spot for the Tribe.

  • Zombo, tim couch pulls out and the rest who don't feel like a free agent wr was needed this year.

    I will shut my mouth for now... and trust me I hope I'm wrong! I hope by week 6 all of u can tell me what an idiot I was.. being wrong would be the best case scenario here...

    @wrrebel said:

    Zombo, tim couch pulls out and the rest who don't feel like a free agent wr was needed this year.

    I will shut my mouth for now... and trust me I hope I'm wrong! I hope by week 6 all of u can tell me what an idiot I was.. being wrong would be the best case scenario here...

    I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot.

  • Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

    If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

    And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

    Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

    What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

    Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

    @wrrebel said:

    Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

    If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

    And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

    Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

    What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

    Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

    The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

    Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..

    If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.

    And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.

    Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.

    What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.

    Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner

    The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

    Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

    Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

    You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

    Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

    You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

    @wrrebel said:

    You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

    How do you like them apples?

  • I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.

    If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.

    @choco said:

    I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.

    If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.

    try being surrounded by jets, giants, yankees, mets, rangers, islanders, nets and the more than prevalent cowboys and steelers fans that just infiltrate the biggest bandwagon minefield known to man. the other day i got props for wearing a browns tshirt cuz they couldn't believe that i was still sticking by the team after all these shitty Fing years. that makes me feel much better while i'm watching the scores and they're celebrating a playoff berth.

    i'll take a 3 team sports town any day. i gotta get the F outta here.

  • @wrrebel said:

    You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

    How do you like them apples?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    How do you like them apples?

    HAHA close same actor Matt Damon, but it was school ties!

  • No I knew the movie. I'm a giant Brenden Fraser fan, actually. Probably the only one.

    I was just continuing with Matt Damon quotes

  • @choco said:

    I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.

    If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.

    try being surrounded by jets, giants, yankees, mets, rangers, islanders, nets and the more than prevalent cowboys and steelers fans that just infiltrate the biggest bandwagon minefield known to man. the other day i got props for wearing a browns tshirt cuz they couldn't believe that i was still sticking by the team after all these shitty Fing years. that makes me feel much better while i'm watching the scores and they're celebrating a playoff berth.

    i'll take a 3 team sports town any day. i gotta get the F outta here.

    @miktoxic said:

    try being surrounded by jets, giants, yankees, mets, rangers, islanders, nets and the more than prevalent cowboys and steelers fans that just infiltrate the biggest bandwagon minefield known to man. the other day i got props for wearing a browns tshirt cuz they couldn't believe that i was still sticking by the team after all these shitty Fing years. that makes me feel much better while i'm watching the scores and they're celebrating a playoff berth.

    i'll take a 3 team sports town any day. i gotta get the F outta here.

    i hear ya...i get my fair share of micheal kay, legreca, boomer and mike and mike. been working in fishkill for the past year and a half. commutting 400 miles one way every week kinda sucks....but not as much as jets fans. 😉

  • @wrrebel said:

    True story, last weekend there was a religious revival at Madison Square Garden. Bishop Fulton Sheen made such a stirring speech that 10,000 people converted to Catholicism. Then Billy Graham got up and did some inspired preaching and 10,000 people converted to Protestantism, then to close the program, Pat Boone got up and sang "There's A Gold Mine In The Sky" and 20,000 Jews joined the Air Force!

    ahh got you!! both great movies...

    really Branden Frasier? Because of the movie encino man huh?

    A little of that, a little of The Scout, mostly Airheads though. And, embarassingly enough, a lot of Bedazzled. I had a schoolboy crush on Elizabeth Hurley. I'm talking full-on hump the tv kind of deal.

  • HAHHA bedazzled..

    Hey i quote lines from clueless so i wont give you a bad time for that.. Who didnt have a crush on Elizabeth hurley? Especially with the rumors that shes likes people to poop on her...

    I had a crush on Samantha Fox when i was younger and heather locklier. I mean full on crush that i baught the posters and put wholes in the wall and lubed it up with sponges.

  • Here's an example of a FA WR we picked up and it amounted to nothing....anyone remember Dante Stallworth? Yeah the same Dante Stallworth whose talent mysteriously disappeared along with the ability to stay healthy on the way to Cleveland. To make matters worse the jackass takes a nice Sunday drive one night in Miami and kills someone while being under the influence of alcohol. These are some of the things to be aware of when you go shopping for players in free agency. It's buyer beware about 80% of the time. Just chill out and watch some football guys. Have a drink or two to wash down that nice Sunday ham sammich. Like Samuel L. Jackson says in Pulp Fiction "Be cool."

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.

    Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.

    You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

    @wrrebel said:

    You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.

    Half the people that attend Harvard are Jews. So, what are you gonna do then?

    (and what makes you think you are going to get into Harvard? Are you in high school now? Have you been accepted? Or are you talking grad school?)