Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Sunday Ticket To Ps3 (Direct Tv Not Required)

Sunday Ticket To Ps3 (Direct Tv Not Required)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 12 Posters 2.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 270 Reputation
    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Thought some of you might like to know:

    http://mashable.com/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-ps3/

    NFL Sunday Ticket will be available to PS3 users with or without Direct TV. If you have Direct TV it's $50. Without Direct TV it's $350.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • halfsane halfsaneH
      • 696 Posts
      • 49 Reputation
      halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by halfsane
      #2

      That seems steep.

      As an out of towner Browns fan who owns an Xbox, I would probably buck up with the 360 had this. I just don't want to get cable.

      I will not buy a PS3 for this unless someone wants to donate it to me.

      USFBrownU 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • jasont44094 J
        • 225 Posts
        • 4 Reputation
        J jasont44094 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Boo, since direct tv is giving it free this year.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • halfsaneH halfsane

          That seems steep.

          As an out of towner Browns fan who owns an Xbox, I would probably buck up with the 360 had this. I just don't want to get cable.

          I will not buy a PS3 for this unless someone wants to donate it to me.

          USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 270 Reputation
          USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @halfsane said:

          That seems steep.

          As an out of towner Browns fan who owns an Xbox, I would probably buck up with the 360 had this. I just don't want to get cable.

          I will not buy a PS3 for this unless someone wants to donate it to me.

          Yes it is expensive, but they charge near that (except this year) for the NFL Sunday Ticket as a current DTV subscriber.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • FearTheRoo F
            • 496 Posts
            • 14 Reputation
            F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by FearTheRoo
            #5

            I have Time Warner, in PA, and an XBox. I'm pretty much F'ed! I hate how they make it so difficult to watch freaking football games come on!!!

            I don't care about the whole football package because I ONLY watch the Browns, I just don't understand why they don't do an on-demand online service or something where you can pay per game. I'm planning on going to every home game, so I really don't think it's fair to make me go out and get a whole new TV provider to watch 8 freaking games.

            MLB.tv is what $25 per month? and you can watch on ANY device you want including PC's and smartphones. The only thing I've found is the GameRewind, but it's useless because from what I understand you watch replays of the game, not live.

            F 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              does anyone have directv with the sunday ticket package here? I'm going to call them today and ask if the PS3 stream has to be in the same house as the actual service. If not, i'd be willing to offer someone a good amount of money to let me share it so i can watch it on my ps3

              USFBrownU 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • jrb12711J jrb12711

                does anyone have directv with the sunday ticket package here? I'm going to call them today and ask if the PS3 stream has to be in the same house as the actual service. If not, i'd be willing to offer someone a good amount of money to let me share it so i can watch it on my ps3

                USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 270 Reputation
                USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @jrb12711 said:

                does anyone have directv with the sunday ticket package here? I'm going to call them today and ask if the PS3 stream has to be in the same house as the actual service. If not, i'd be willing to offer someone a good amount of money to let me share it so i can watch it on my ps3

                Let me know what you find out. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Might also want to ask if you can watch simultaneously on TV and ps3 (in another room) on same account.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • F FearTheRoo

                  I have Time Warner, in PA, and an XBox. I'm pretty much F'ed! I hate how they make it so difficult to watch freaking football games come on!!!

                  I don't care about the whole football package because I ONLY watch the Browns, I just don't understand why they don't do an on-demand online service or something where you can pay per game. I'm planning on going to every home game, so I really don't think it's fair to make me go out and get a whole new TV provider to watch 8 freaking games.

                  MLB.tv is what $25 per month? and you can watch on ANY device you want including PC's and smartphones. The only thing I've found is the GameRewind, but it's useless because from what I understand you watch replays of the game, not live.

                  Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 605 Posts
                  • 77 Reputation
                  F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @feartheroo said:

                  I have Time Warner, in PA, and an XBox. I'm pretty much F'ed! I hate how they make it so difficult to watch freaking football games come on!!!

                  I don't care about the whole football package because I ONLY watch the Browns, I just don't understand why they don't do an on-demand online service or something where you can pay per game. I'm planning on going to every home game, so I really don't think it's fair to make me go out and get a whole new TV provider to watch 8 freaking games.

                  MLB.tv is what $25 per month? and you can watch on ANY device you want including PC's and smartphones. The only thing I've found is the GameRewind, but it's useless because from what I understand you watch replays of the game, not live.

                  Exactly. Why wouldn't theclevelandcrowns.com offical NFL/team site not offer a game day $5 dollar on-line broadcast? Why all games or nothing? How can these smart business people miss these obvious opportunities. It's like the record labels of the early internet years - "the internet is hurting record sales!" Then, sell records over the internet dummy! Give people what they want at a reasonable prize and you might be amazed how many of them would rather pay than search for free sites.

                  F 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Sooner or later they will, but it will be a bit higher then $5 per view.

                    My guess it would be $15-20 a pop.....similar to what people pay to see fights on PPV.

                    Live events always hold a premium.

                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 270 Reputation
                      USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I'm pretty sure it has to do with the deal the NFL and directv currently have. Once this deal expires I believe the NFL will start to capitalize on streaming.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • F Frenchie

                        @feartheroo said:

                        I have Time Warner, in PA, and an XBox. I'm pretty much F'ed! I hate how they make it so difficult to watch freaking football games come on!!!

                        I don't care about the whole football package because I ONLY watch the Browns, I just don't understand why they don't do an on-demand online service or something where you can pay per game. I'm planning on going to every home game, so I really don't think it's fair to make me go out and get a whole new TV provider to watch 8 freaking games.

                        MLB.tv is what $25 per month? and you can watch on ANY device you want including PC's and smartphones. The only thing I've found is the GameRewind, but it's useless because from what I understand you watch replays of the game, not live.

                        Exactly. Why wouldn't theclevelandcrowns.com offical NFL/team site not offer a game day $5 dollar on-line broadcast? Why all games or nothing? How can these smart business people miss these obvious opportunities. It's like the record labels of the early internet years - "the internet is hurting record sales!" Then, sell records over the internet dummy! Give people what they want at a reasonable prize and you might be amazed how many of them would rather pay than search for free sites.

                        FearTheRoo F
                        • 496 Posts
                        • 14 Reputation
                        F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @frenchie said:

                        Exactly. Why wouldn't theclevelandcrowns.com offical NFL/team site not offer a game day $5 dollar on-line broadcast? Why all games or nothing? How can these smart business people miss these obvious opportunities. It's like the record labels of the early internet years - "the internet is hurting record sales!" Then, sell records over the internet dummy! Give people what they want at a reasonable prize and you might be amazed how many of them would rather pay than search for free sites.

                        I agree. I don't feel like searching 100s of random spam-filled sites to to find a Browns stream, that chances are will cut out after the 1st quarter and have terrible quality. I think they'd probably charge more than $5 per game, but anything under $20 would be reasonable. Seeing as I would most likely be paying about $140 a season. We usually get 1-2 Browns games on TV here, if we're lucky. I understand even if they made people pay for all the Browns games, but really all the games for every team? It's a little much. I don't think I should be getting charged to watch crap like Bills vs. Jaguars or Broncos vs. Raiders.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • longhorn L
                          • 332 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          L longhorn wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          If you live out of state like I do, this is a pretty good deal. It sucks trying to watch online via Russia or wherever. So far as I know, the ability to stream is tied to your PS3 account so any PS3 anywhere can be used for access. I believe they have eliminated simultaneous, multiple sign-on's with the same PS3 account to help prevent people sharing their PS3 account info.

                          The one and only time losing is acceptable is when it involves your virginity.
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Halfbreed216 Halfbreed216H
                            • 45 Posts
                            • 1 Reputation
                            Halfbreed216H Halfbreed216 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Found this and thought you all might like to know. I just got Directv so i can watch the Browns. Can't wait til the 1st game. Being in the Navy, it's hard to follow the team. Gotta love shore duty lol. Here's what I found about thier contract.....

                            On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014.[1] The contract extension also calls for the establishment of an online version of NFL Sunday Ticket, for customers who cannot subscribe to DirecTV by 2012 as well as a "Red Zone" channel to be carried on cable and telco television systems.[3] So far, Cox, Golden Belt Telephone, Comcast, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS, AT&T Uverse, Blue Ridge Communications, BendBroadband and Buckeye Cable have picked up the new Red Zone channel.

                            hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Sheepdog S
                              • 292 Posts
                              • 7 Reputation
                              S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I just moved to Colorado and it was either DirecTV or Dish Network for where I live so obviously I picked DirecTV for this years free Sunday Ticket. Of course I have to pay for it next year and it is around $350-400 so it's about the same price as the PS3 service. I consider that money well spent to watch the Browns play this year and next.

                              I own a PS3 and an Xbox so I hope NFL Sunday ticket will be coming to Xbox soon since I find it more user friendly than PS3.

                              Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or forsee a fight. -The Havamal (Book of Viking Wisdom)
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Halfbreed216H Halfbreed216

                                Found this and thought you all might like to know. I just got Directv so i can watch the Browns. Can't wait til the 1st game. Being in the Navy, it's hard to follow the team. Gotta love shore duty lol. Here's what I found about thier contract.....

                                On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014.[1] The contract extension also calls for the establishment of an online version of NFL Sunday Ticket, for customers who cannot subscribe to DirecTV by 2012 as well as a "Red Zone" channel to be carried on cable and telco television systems.[3] So far, Cox, Golden Belt Telephone, Comcast, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS, AT&T Uverse, Blue Ridge Communications, BendBroadband and Buckeye Cable have picked up the new Red Zone channel.

                                hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 20k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                                #15

                                @halfbreed216 said:

                                Found this and thought you all might like to know. I just got Directv so i can watch the Browns. Can't wait til the 1st game. Being in the Navy, it's hard to follow the team. Gotta love shore duty lol. Here's what I found about thier contract.....

                                On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014.[1] The contract extension also calls for the establishment of an online version of NFL Sunday Ticket, for customers who cannot subscribe to DirecTV by 2012 as well as a "Red Zone" channel to be carried on cable and telco television systems.[3] So far, Cox, Golden Belt Telephone, Comcast, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS, AT&T Uverse, Blue Ridge Communications, BendBroadband and Buckeye Cable have picked up the new Red Zone channel.

                                There you have the reason why Sunday Ticket is so damn expensive. Divide $4 billion into X number of accounts per year, and I'd bet you'd come up with a $300 buck a year per subscriber dollar amount. It seriously pisses me off as a 10 year Direct subscriber that D* is offering it FOR FREE this year, just to entice new subscribers into their network. Yeah, and I asked them for a discount with no luck- seeing as they are trying to build up the fan base on my back.

                                What doesn't compute is why the NFL would give Direct an exclusive- as IMHO they could make way more money charging a per person fee to whatever system (Time Warner, Comcast, Dish ) picked up the service.

                                K 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • hoortaH hoorta

                                  @halfbreed216 said:

                                  Found this and thought you all might like to know. I just got Directv so i can watch the Browns. Can't wait til the 1st game. Being in the Navy, it's hard to follow the team. Gotta love shore duty lol. Here's what I found about thier contract.....

                                  On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014.[1] The contract extension also calls for the establishment of an online version of NFL Sunday Ticket, for customers who cannot subscribe to DirecTV by 2012 as well as a "Red Zone" channel to be carried on cable and telco television systems.[3] So far, Cox, Golden Belt Telephone, Comcast, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS, AT&T Uverse, Blue Ridge Communications, BendBroadband and Buckeye Cable have picked up the new Red Zone channel.

                                  There you have the reason why Sunday Ticket is so damn expensive. Divide $4 billion into X number of accounts per year, and I'd bet you'd come up with a $300 buck a year per subscriber dollar amount. It seriously pisses me off as a 10 year Direct subscriber that D* is offering it FOR FREE this year, just to entice new subscribers into their network. Yeah, and I asked them for a discount with no luck- seeing as they are trying to build up the fan base on my back.

                                  What doesn't compute is why the NFL would give Direct an exclusive- as IMHO they could make way more money charging a per person fee to whatever system (Time Warner, Comcast, Dish ) picked up the service.

                                  kshutchins K
                                  • 951 Posts
                                  • 19 Reputation
                                  K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @hoorta said:

                                  There you have the reason why Sunday Ticket is so damn expensive. Divide $4 billion into X number of accounts per year, and I'd bet you'd come up with a $300 buck a year per subscriber dollar amount. It seriously pisses me off as a 10 year Direct subscriber that D* is offering it FOR FREE this year, just to entice new subscribers into their network. Yeah, and I asked them for a discount with no luck- seeing as they are trying to build up the fan base on my back.

                                  What doesn't compute is why the NFL would give Direct an exclusive- as IMHO they could make way more money charging a per person fee to whatever system (Time Warner, Comcast, Dish ) picked up the service.

                                  FYI, I have a friend who is moving and called Direct TV to cancel. They transferred him to a "retention specialist" and he got Sunday Ticket for free to entice him to STAY a customer after the move.

                                  Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                                  hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • K kshutchins

                                    @hoorta said:

                                    There you have the reason why Sunday Ticket is so damn expensive. Divide $4 billion into X number of accounts per year, and I'd bet you'd come up with a $300 buck a year per subscriber dollar amount. It seriously pisses me off as a 10 year Direct subscriber that D* is offering it FOR FREE this year, just to entice new subscribers into their network. Yeah, and I asked them for a discount with no luck- seeing as they are trying to build up the fan base on my back.

                                    What doesn't compute is why the NFL would give Direct an exclusive- as IMHO they could make way more money charging a per person fee to whatever system (Time Warner, Comcast, Dish ) picked up the service.

                                    FYI, I have a friend who is moving and called Direct TV to cancel. They transferred him to a "retention specialist" and he got Sunday Ticket for free to entice him to STAY a customer after the move.

                                    hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 20k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @kshutchins said:

                                    FYI, I have a friend who is moving and called Direct TV to cancel. They transferred him to a "retention specialist" and he got Sunday Ticket for free to entice him to STAY a customer after the move.

                                    KS, that's well known tactic when dealing with Direct. It all depends on how persistent you want to be, and the mood of the CSR\Retention Specialist you happen to be talking to at the time. People have hung up, called back, and gotten a better deal the second (or third) time around. 🙂

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate