Hurricane Irene
-
T, are you leaving?
-
T, are you leaving?
T, are you leaving?
I am live in Raleigh, NC. People are getting a little nervous here. It could be anything from a category 1 to a 3 if it hits NC. I will wait till Friday morning before I decide if I will wait it out at my girlfriends house (brick with a basement) or try to head further inland like Charlotte for a night at a hotel. Really depends on path and strength.
-
T, are you leaving?
I am live in Raleigh, NC. People are getting a little nervous here. It could be anything from a category 1 to a 3 if it hits NC. I will wait till Friday morning before I decide if I will wait it out at my girlfriends house (brick with a basement) or try to head further inland like Charlotte for a night at a hotel. Really depends on path and strength.
I am live in Raleigh, NC. People are getting a little nervous here. It could be anything from a category 1 to a 3 if it hits NC. I will wait till Friday morning before I decide if I will wait it out at my girlfriends house (brick with a basement) or try to head further inland like Charlotte for a night at a hotel. Really depends on path and strength.
First storm of the season is always hyped up. Dude you will be fine in Raleigh. I live on the Outer Banks and sometimes it takes days to get back on the island so I am told.
-
It could still go farther west than projected and hit FL. I'm ready if it does.
-
It could still go farther west than projected and hit FL. I'm ready if it does.
It could still go farther west than projected and hit FL. I'm ready if it does.
Pumpkin, where you at. In it's projected path right now, the eye of the storm is going right over the Outer Banks.
-
Be safe, guys.
-
Orlando area. In 2004 Charley shifted at the last minute and came right through here. Until 2-3 hours before he came, the projected path was to hug the western peninsula coastline and make landfall in the big bend area. Weather is so dynamic anything could happen. I won't feel safe until she's north of here.
-
The time for it to hit Raleigh would be around 2 AM Sunday. I might just sleep through it. Maybe I will have a hurricane party and my girlfriends house.

-
The time for it to hit Raleigh would be around 2 AM Sunday. I might just sleep through it. Maybe I will have a hurricane party and my girlfriends house.

The time for it to hit Raleigh would be around 2 AM Sunday. I might just sleep through it. Maybe I will have a hurricane party and my girlfriends house.

Have her girlfriends come and I'll bring the beer.
-
T, are you leaving?
T, are you leaving?
Hell No! I love hurricanes. I'm gonna sleep right through it.
I'll bet they will clear the Outer Banks though.
My experience with hurricanes is that it stimulates the local econmy after they hit.
actually on second thought, hurricanes suck as bad as this dude in the video.
-
Seems as though the cable news stations are a bit fixated on this Hurricane. Lot's of rain, wind. But they are acting the entire Eastern Seaboard is going to be destroyed.
-
@Diehard, if the storm is a category 2 if/when it hits NYC, it's going to really xxxx up that city. The worry was that the subways would flood. That would cause a huge amount of congestion and cost the city millions.

-
The fascist ObaMao regime is racist. Thousands are suffering, some have even died,
while the trucks to load emergency supplies still haven' t been loaded.
It proves that Obamao and co hate white people, because so many of those along the coast are white.
It's a complete, cold blooded failure and Obamao couldn't care less.
It's Obamao's and Biden's Irene disaster.
he and Biden are pure evil. They surely "frighten" Shep..... @@
-
@Diehard, if the storm is a category 2 if/when it hits NYC, it's going to really xxxx up that city. The worry was that the subways would flood. That would cause a huge amount of congestion and cost the city millions.

@Diehard, if the storm is a category 2 if/when it hits NYC, it's going to really xxxx up that city. The worry was that the subways would flood. That would cause a huge amount of congestion and cost the city millions.

Sorry Vapor. I'm not buying the hype. I've been through many "Typhoon's" and can tell you what they are like. It didn't xxxx up the city. It didn't destroy the subways. Sure some people died, but people die in normal thunder storms. This was nothing.
-
Right, but cities always need to plan for the worst case scenario, which is what a cat-2 hurricane would have been in NYC. Luckily, it was only a tropical storm when it made landfall in NYC.
-
Right, but cities always need to plan for the worst case scenario, which is what a cat-2 hurricane would have been in NYC. Luckily, it was only a tropical storm when it made landfall in NYC.
Right, but cities always need to plan for the worst case scenario, which is what a cat-2 hurricane would have been in NYC. Luckily, it was only a tropical storm when it made landfall in NYC.
What a BULLSHIT Excuse! 14 people died while trying to evacuate because of all the Fear Mongering done over this pussy storm. I live in Wilmington NC and have seen my fair share of storms AND hurricanes, and this little so called hurricane that didn't even have an eye was not even strong enough for them to force mandatory evacuations on a lot of the island around here. So when they started the Fear Factor and forced over 2 Million people to leave NY I knew this was just a Homeland Security DRILL/PYSOPS
And now all we see on the local television stations around here is "Trust has been Earned".

-
Meh. I'm not sure about the mandatory evacuations. New York probably didn't need them, but New Orleans sure did. It's kind of backwards.
-
The fascist ObaMao regime is racist. Thousands are suffering, some have even died,
while the trucks to load emergency supplies still haven' t been loaded.
It proves that Obamao and co hate white people, because so many of those along the coast are white.
It's a complete, cold blooded failure and Obamao couldn't care less.
It's Obamao's and Biden's Irene disaster.
he and Biden are pure evil. They surely "frighten" Shep..... @@
The fascist ObaMao regime is racist. Thousands are suffering, some have even died,
while the trucks to load emergency supplies still haven' t been loaded.
It proves that Obamao and co hate white people, because so many of those along the coast are white.
It's a complete, cold blooded failure and Obamao couldn't care less.
It's Obamao's and Biden's Irene disaster.
he and Biden are pure evil. They surely "frighten" Shep..... @@
Bullshit Cal, the Outer Banks which took the brunt of the storm had trucks, supplies and Red Cross out as Irene was leaving, a great response, but you should know that because you live here. Just another reason your ideologies cloud your better judgement. FACT.
T, it wasn't as bad as other storms, but the amount of rain and the length it was here messed some stuff up. It created a new island in Hatteras, 150 yard wide inlet from the ocean to the sound. Hatteras will be without power for months. My friends house on the sound is gone. Hundreds of houses are gone from the rain and surge. There are random boats everywhere. 8 people died here.
-
Right, but cities always need to plan for the worst case scenario, which is what a cat-2 hurricane would have been in NYC. Luckily, it was only a tropical storm when it made landfall in NYC.
What a BULLSHIT Excuse! 14 people died while trying to evacuate because of all the Fear Mongering done over this pussy storm. I live in Wilmington NC and have seen my fair share of storms AND hurricanes, and this little so called hurricane that didn't even have an eye was not even strong enough for them to force mandatory evacuations on a lot of the island around here. So when they started the Fear Factor and forced over 2 Million people to leave NY I knew this was just a Homeland Security DRILL/PYSOPS
And now all we see on the local television stations around here is "Trust has been Earned".

What a BULLSHIT Excuse! 14 people died while trying to evacuate because of all the Fear Mongering done over this pussy storm. I live in Wilmington NC and have seen my fair share of storms AND hurricanes, and this little so called hurricane that didn't even have an eye was not even strong enough for them to force mandatory evacuations on a lot of the island around here. So when they started the Fear Factor and forced over 2 Million people to leave NY I knew this was just a Homeland Security DRILL/PYSOPS
And now all we see on the local television stations around here is "Trust has been Earned".

Come on. The truth is T, no one knew what this storm was going to do. People downgraded Katrina from a 4 to a 3, then back to a 5 within hours. Give it up.
-
What a BULLSHIT Excuse! 14 people died while trying to evacuate because of all the Fear Mongering done over this pussy storm. I live in Wilmington NC and have seen my fair share of storms AND hurricanes, and this little so called hurricane that didn't even have an eye was not even strong enough for them to force mandatory evacuations on a lot of the island around here. So when they started the Fear Factor and forced over 2 Million people to leave NY I knew this was just a Homeland Security DRILL/PYSOPS
And now all we see on the local television stations around here is "Trust has been Earned".

Come on. The truth is T, no one knew what this storm was going to do. People downgraded Katrina from a 4 to a 3, then back to a 5 within hours. Give it up.
Come on. The truth is T, no one knew what this storm was going to do. People downgraded Katrina from a 4 to a 3, then back to a 5 within hours. Give it up.
You know that a class 1 or class 2 hurricane is nothing to worry about. Plus as hurricanes head further north they lose speed because of the colder water temps.
It sounds like Big Sis and Obama needed a crisis to manage so they strike fear into all the sheep.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login