Skip to content

Florida Is A Huge Shit Hole.

Barber Shop Talk
44 20 5.6k
  • Where should I start? Horrible traffic, crime, poor schools, corrupt politicians, terrible summer weather, hurricanes, nazi HOA's, postage stamp size lots for the price of an acre anywhere else but CA, illegal aliens jabbering in spanish, and toll roads in every direction. What's to like, the beach that I never get to visit?

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Where should I start? Horrible traffic, crime, poor schools, corrupt politicians, terrible summer weather, hurricanes, nazi HOA's, postage stamp size lots for the price of an acre anywhere else but CA, illegal aliens jabbering in spanish, and toll roads in every direction. What's to like, the beach that I never get to visit?

    Well it's been over 4 yrs is it getting any better?
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I've been to Florida many times. At least 20. The first time Epcot Centre wasn't even there.

    The heat is overrated. It only seems to bother the old people. And that's almost everyone there. I always wondered why old people moved there in the first place.

    A family friend owns a house there. The neighborhood was nice back in the late 70 to mid 80's. Then it became a drug fueled piece of garbage. He never sold it and since about 2004 it became a nice place again.

    The friend has recently passed away, so I probably won't get to go there again

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I've been to Pensacola on vacation on time. I was a total tourist.

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    Where should I start? Horrible traffic, crime, poor schools, corrupt politicians, terrible summer weather, hurricanes, nazi HOA's, postage stamp size lots for the price of an acre anywhere else but CA, illegal aliens jabbering in spanish, and toll roads in every direction. What's to like, the beach that I never get to visit?

    Well it's been over 4 yrs is it getting any better?
    P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #29

    "One said:

    Well it's been over 4 yrs is it getting any better?

    Lol I moved back to Ohio three years ago. Now we are talking about moving to St. Augustine. I actually miss the beach lmao.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #30

    The weather in Florida is the only thing to recommend it to anyone. But that's kinds a big thing.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #31

    My work may be taking me to Savannah, Ga or Jacksonville. I am not bothered by it. My best friend lives in Jax and I like it everytime I visit. I have had my fill of snow and shit weather.

  • My work may be taking me to Savannah, Ga or Jacksonville. I am not bothered by it. My best friend lives in Jax and I like it everytime I visit. I have had my fill of snow and shit weather.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @logicisforsquares said:

    My work may be taking me to Savannah, Ga or Jacksonville. I am not bothered by it. My best friend lives in Jax and I like it everytime I visit. I have had my fill of snow and shit weather.

    Savannah is a hot mofo with sand fleas. Nice city though. We had a relatively nice winter until a few weeks ago with the cold and snow coming. Really sick of the cold and snow. If I were to move probably SC or southern NC.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Maybe Im just not a hot weather type.....but we lived in Savannah while my dad was stationed there and went back to visit for years and lemme tell ya....it's brutally hot and humid....pretty much completely unbearable. My daughter just moved to Clearwater and it's not nearly as bad. Rains everyday though, which makes the humidity more than I like.....so you gotta really love hot or hate cold to live there....

    Conversely, I have a brother whose been in Tucson for the last 20 years and its much more bearable, even though the actual temps go way higher....plus evenings and night are usually really nice....so, if I ever move "to the heat", it gonna be west.....

  • Maybe Im just not a hot weather type.....but we lived in Savannah while my dad was stationed there and went back to visit for years and lemme tell ya....it's brutally hot and humid....pretty much completely unbearable. My daughter just moved to Clearwater and it's not nearly as bad. Rains everyday though, which makes the humidity more than I like.....so you gotta really love hot or hate cold to live there....

    Conversely, I have a brother whose been in Tucson for the last 20 years and its much more bearable, even though the actual temps go way higher....plus evenings and night are usually really nice....so, if I ever move "to the heat", it gonna be west.....

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @mudfly said:

    Maybe Im just not a hot weather type.....but we lived in Savannah while my dad was stationed there and went back to visit for years and lemme tell ya....it's brutally hot and humid....pretty much completely unbearable. My daughter just moved to Clearwater and it's not nearly as bad. Rains everyday though, which makes the humidity more than I like.....so you gotta really love hot or hate cold to live there....

    Conversely, I have a brother whose been in Tucson for the last 20 years and its much more bearable, even though the actual temps go way higher....plus evenings and night are usually really nice....so, if I ever move "to the heat", it gonna be west.....

    My preference would be out west. Dry heat isn't that bad. I really like Arizona but my work doesn't have any offices out that way.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Florida story look out!

    A buddy and I went to Pensacola and we were at a party bar type thing. It had three stories with a different band on each floor. Upon arrival we were met by some dudes and they bought us beer and smoked some weed and bullshitted with us before we entered. My buddy and I were amazed of how friendly they were.

    As the night grew on we were chatting with some locals and they told us there was a lot of gay people there because it was Memorial Day weekend and it was customary for them to party at this particular place. I guess them queers that bought us beers thought me and my buddy were an item. Lol!

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Appalachia surrounded by a beach.

    WSS

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Been here 43 yrs.

    I've had numerous opportunities to return to Ohio.. No thanks..

    I'll stick with the 34217

    314254_10150999927771511_1834744897_n.jp

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Nice

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #39

    Yeah, today we visited one of our local shithole beaches where it was just shy of 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and no wind.. Not a bad way to spend 10:00-2:00 on a February Monday......

    223430_10150155609836511_3881753_n.jpg?o

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I get the ocean and I love visiting there but I don't really see the appeal of living there. Perhaps the blow is lessened by living on the shores of one of the great Lakes that shares many of the benefits of the ocean. The added benefit of course is there's no need to ever worry about fresh water in my or my kids lifetimes. Maybe if I lived somewhere landlocked I would desire the ocean more. I'm no fan of extreme heat either which us why when I think ocean I go to the Carolinas 10x more than Florida even though I have a sister who I love dearly that lives in Jacksonville.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Just spent a little time in FLA....Tallahassee area. Nice, pleasant area mostly.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #42

    They got better cocain in FL. Not this cut down bullshit Gipper snoots all the time.

  • They got better cocain in FL. Not this cut down bullshit Gipper snoots all the time.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    One Post From the Truth said:

    They got better cocain in FL. Not this cut down bullshit Gipper snoots all the time.

    Coca Cola perhaps

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Been in Florida for nearly 11 years.....has some good things and bad like everywhere else.....moving to Ashevill NC this year tho ...probably in the fall