Wow We Look Bad
-
My biggest concern is our oline looks horrible.
Defense will be bad. We know this already.
-
we're literally playing probably the best all around team in the NFL. They have by estimation 10-11 potential all star players and are pre-season favorites for a super bowl run. In contrast, we went 5-11 last year and are trying to rebuild with rookie players, including about half our starters out on defense. Holy jesus christ it just embarrasses me how ignorant some people are on this forum about football. We look bad against an elite team in a warmup game when half our starters aren't playing and it's like we're 0-12. Get an understanding about football guys, cmon
-
Get an understanding of Football???
I understand that we have been drafting in the top 10 for the past 11 years. That we have an owner with deep pockets. That we have brought in top free agents over the past 10 years.
I also understand that an NFL team is an NFL team, and we as fans we should have the expectation of being good every year and having a down year is the exception and not the norm.
Also, the team we have to beat to win our division wiped out the same team we are playing now, just a few days ago.
-
I'm just hoping that this is a result of playing against the best secondary in the NFL and in bad weather. Most likely though, we are probably just getting a sign of things to come. I said this a few weeks ago and I think it holds true: our record is between 6-10 and 8-8 this year at best.
-
Get an understanding of Football???
I understand that we have been drafting in the top 10 for the past 11 years. That we have an owner with deep pockets. That we have brought in top free agents over the past 10 years.
I also understand that an NFL team is an NFL team, and we as fans we should have the expectation of being good every year and having a down year is the exception and not the norm.
Also, the team we have to beat to win our division wiped out the same team we are playing now, just a few days ago.
The Soldier said:
Get an understanding of Football???
I understand that we have been drafting in the top 10 for the past 11 years. That we have an owner with deep pockets. That we have brought in top free agents over the past 10 years.
I also understand that an NFL team is an NFL team, and we as fans we should have the expectation of being good every year and having a down year is the exception and not the norm.
Also, the team we have to beat to win our division wiped out the same team we are playing now, just a few days ago.
i mean you're literally playing into my point man. Yes, we've been bad for a long time. It sucks, and I understand that just as much as any browns does. but you have to realize that this FO actually has brains to get it right, unlike any set of execs we've had since '99. I'm just baffled that people can look at one preseason game against a dominant NFL team and think wow we're going to be terrible when the likes of Ward, Cribbs and Steinbach not out on the field. I mean come on, what do you expect. I mean for God's sake even the likes of Brady or Manning are going to suffer on that eagles secondary. If you can't see that we have the right people making the right moves for our team to finally grow the right way, then yes i absolutely stick to my original statement that you don't understand football.
-
Jrb,
I think you don't understand fuzball. I cried for us to upgrade the right side of our oline. Not with a high priced free agent but a capable starter. Our right side looks like ass, again! Doesn't take a football guru to see we needed an upgrade. But heckert was all high on pashos...
I also said we needed a wr threat. Some one who could get seperation. No not randy moss or terrel owens. But hey lee evans sure looks good for the ravens.
Again doesn't take bill parcels, bill polian or bill belichik to see we should have added talent.
But noooooo heckert and holmgren were busy being doughboys..
Let me ask you, who's the fool, the fool or the fool who follows the'
-
boys! don't fight like little girls!
I am excited about the Browns and believe for the first in years we are going to climb the ladder to success but unfortunately we need to go one rung at a time. Sometimes you slip and have to take a step back wards but I feel we are finally heading up.
Sure we lost to an elite team and we looked bad but it takes time... but we get to watch this team develop and its going to be a great ride so... buckle in.
-
it's all screwy to watch these games in the preseason and try to make sense of it. pittsburgh gets their shit shoved in by washington the first week then plow the eagles. we look good against green bay looked good against detroit and look like an expansion team against philly.
we got a lot of pressure on vick but at times guys we're just running free wide open across the middle our DBs playing ten yards deep at the line letting a screen go for 25 yards. i like jauron but we better start laying the hammer down on these guys to get ready for the regular season.
and yes we're thin as a whisker at every position on defense.
this was a wake up call.
-
Shurmer must go. He's had long enough.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login