Skip to content

Steinbach Out "indefinitely'

The Browns Board
37 9 2.0k
  • they blitzed the left side the entire game. joe didn't look much better tho....

    overall pinkston didn't look bad...hardly red headed step child bad. considering what he was up against, he held his own. thrown to the fire and tested all night, so all things considered, he wasn't that bad.

    i remember everyone saying luavo (?) looked bad last year as well....and he's rounding out nicely. youre very knee jerk with everything you contend. one game and its "holy shit cut him for an over-the-hill vet."

  • Yeah cause I said cut him.. you can read, right? Where do I say cut him? I'm not sure you really follow fuzball.

    Listen coco beware... the only thing better than a crawfish dinner, is two crawfish dinners!

  • its just your typical response. so a rookie struggled. solution of the madden GM: bring in a 33yo declining player, which takes a roster spot resulting in youth being cut....promising youth at that.

    after signing a seven year deal, davis was cut by the cowboys...serving only 3 years on that contract. so i hope the comment was merely in jest, cause he was cut for more reasons than simply a salary cap casualty.

    can we dispel the notion that aging vets only desired by the most desperate teams are a good idea if a rookie struggles a bit picking up the game? i feel more hopeful that a rookie can step up and improve rather than a 30-something vet with declining skills. if experience was more important than potential, tiki barber would have a job right now.

  • its just your typical response. so a rookie struggled. solution of the madden GM: bring in a 33yo declining player, which takes a roster spot resulting in youth being cut....promising youth at that.

    after signing a seven year deal, davis was cut by the cowboys...serving only 3 years on that contract. so i hope the comment was merely in jest, cause he was cut for more reasons than simply a salary cap casualty.

    can we dispel the notion that aging vets only desired by the most desperate teams are a good idea if a rookie struggles a bit picking up the game? i feel more hopeful that a rookie can step up and improve rather than a 30-something vet with declining skills. if experience was more important than potential, tiki barber would have a job right now.

    @choco said:

    its just your typical response. so a rookie struggled. solution of the madden GM: bring in a 33yo declining player, which takes a roster spot resulting in youth being cut....promising youth at that.

    after signing a seven year deal, davis was cut by the cowboys...serving only 3 years on that contract. so i hope the comment was merely in jest, cause he was cut for more reasons than simply a salary cap casualty.

    can we dispel the notion that aging vets only desired by the most desperate teams are a good idea if a rookie struggles a bit picking up the game? i feel more hopeful that a rookie can step up and improve rather than a 30-something vet with declining skills. if experience was more important than potential, tiki barber would have a job right now.

    [/quote

    choco, I would def crush you in madden..

    You heard of stop gap players? Thats what im looking for here. Ok so lets say steinbach injury is as serious as they think and he misses the whole year. Why not sign a veteren to a one year deal? You will have a extra roster spot..

    When you played nintendo ice hockey you probably choose all the skinny guys huh?

  • conversely, why not let the rookie play so he gets the experience to get better?

    we dont need stop gaps....we need long term solutions. stop gaps only prolong that process....especially when that stop gap was let go for not getting it done elsewhere.

  • conversely, why not let the rookie play so he gets the experience to get better?

    we dont need stop gaps....we need long term solutions. stop gaps only prolong that process....especially when that stop gap was let go for not getting it done elsewhere.

    @choco said:

    conversely, why not let the rookie play so he gets the experience to get better?

    we dont need stop gaps....we need long term solutions. stop gaps only prolong that process....especially when that stop gap was let go for not getting it done elsewhere.

    Ok but what if the rookie A) is getting our QB killed so we can't evaluate him or our WRS? 😎 gets hurt

  • what if what if what if.....what if he excels? what if he gets better every game. to answer your question, if he is constantly getting beat, you bring in greco.

    problem with your plan is we would never know the answer to whether he can play the position at full speed against elite competition. anyone can get injured on any given play....only a certified idiot would base decisions on a what if. its a physical sport...injuries happen.

  • Listen everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

  • I'll take that is deferring to wisdom. 😉

    This is why building thru the draft takes time.

  • I was quotng mike tyson..

    Ur plan is gay.. but to each is own...

    Tell me though, how the heck do the steelers get mike wallace and antoine brown.

    Yeah were happy with slow high character guys

  • least mine makes sense....yours is just rehashed history that we tried for the past 12 years. how'd it work out?

    wallace and brown? they drafted and developed them. perhaps they should sign TO, bring in randy moss from retirement and cut the two of them....lol

  • Again u would be the worst madden player of all time.

    Where do u see me calling for to or moss??

    Difference between us and pitt, is they can realize when u develop players and when u cut ties.

    Robo and momass are so slow I had to double check there pictures to make sure they were white.

  • what year was limas sweed drafted? now try to count the number of years he was given.

    this isn't madden...which is why u dont understand what im learnin ya.

    heres a clue...

    Receptions 7

    Receiving Yards 69

    Receiving TDs 0

  • Ok I understand you want to compare when players where drafted to prove the browns can develop players.

    Ok tell me what year mike wallace was drafted, now tell me what year robo and momass where drafted

  • wallace 3rd round in '09....and he's panned out well. the point with sweed was simply that as horrible as he was (2nd rounder btw), that they gave him 3 full years to see if he would get it before they moved on.

    robo and mo were 2nd round in '09....and by comparison cant hold wallace's jock. maybe theyre the next limas sweeds....but you dont give up on them after 2 years...especially in the system daboll ran. will they be dominant receivers? doubt it....but they can certainly be effective. lets see before you write them off....K?

  • Hahaha maybe you don't watch other football games besides the browns. Other teams wrs get seperation. You keep on bringing up pitt. You know they have signed wrs, randel el and cochery. And u want to make the sweed comparison, at least he was hurt and didn't really get the chance to prove himself.

    You know nothing about football in todays era. You don't put your hopes in a bunch of rookies and guys who are unproven. I'm going to laugh at u even worse when robo shows u how bad he is.

    See what I would do in madden is sign leonard davis and then when I started blowing out teams put in pinkston to get his rating up.

    What do u want to discuss next, my favorite color?

  • Hahaha maybe you don't watch other football games besides the browns. Other teams wrs get seperation. You keep on bringing up pitt. You know they have signed wrs, randel el and cochery. And u want to make the sweed comparison, at least he was hurt and didn't really get the chance to prove himself.

    You know nothing about football in todays era. You don't put your hopes in a bunch of rookies and guys who are unproven. I'm going to laugh at u even worse when robo shows u how bad he is.

    See what I would do in madden is sign leonard davis and then when I started blowing out teams put in pinkston to get his rating up.

    What do u want to discuss next, my favorite color?

    @wrrebel said:

    You know they have signed wrs, randel el and cochery.

    who play behind their drafted wr's....they're compliments, not the main show...

    You know nothing about football in todays era. You don't put your hopes in a bunch of rookies and guys who are unproven. I'm going to laugh at u even worse when robo shows u how bad he is.

    so you put your hopes in has-been vets? lmao...wait.......bwahahahahahahaha! i didn't realize dan snyder posted here. thats some signature quiality shit right there...

    gimme a sec to catch my breath.....

    roflcopter......

    hold on....

    ok....besides, scroll up a bit and find where i said robo would be l33t.....i merely said it was too premature to cut him loose.

    See what I would do in madden is sign leonard davis and then when I started blowing out teams put in pinkston to get his rating up.

    and your inability to distinguish between the real game and video games is why your cant fathom what i propose. ur not even worth the time really....

    i guess the real issue is that im thinking in terms of long term development and stability of the franchise, to grow a long term winner. you dont even know what that means, let alone how to achieve it.

  • if you can't get the fact that I'm kidding about madden, well then I can see why holmgren and heckert have won you over so easily.

    What have holmgren and heckert proven that makes you think that they lknow what's going on?????

    Fact holmgren great coach, terrible gm...

    Fact in philly andy reid had final say on roster and draft picks.

    I don't know why browns fans are so sold on them.. sorry I'm not a sheep.. I'm a wolf...

    Yes I want to build for the future but at the same time put the most competiitve team on the field.

    Yes I want to give colt mccoy a chance to see if he is a franchise qb. Now if the oline sucks and he has no play maker than how can you evaluate him????

    Riddle me that!!

  • Did you see pinkston play against the eagles? He was getting beat like a red headed step child

    @wrrebel said:

    Did you see pinkston play against the eagles? He was getting beat like a red headed step child

    I have red hair. Do you think you can come and beat me? I seriously doubt it. Cans would be opened on you I am afraid.

  • Gurode was released today by Dallas. In my world, Cleveland signs him to replace Steinbach.

    I also wouldn't mind St Louis or Oakland picking him up - because I have Jackson and McFadden in fantasy.