Skip to content

Are You Ready For Over 800 Free Agents?

The Browns Board
40 15 2.4k
  • At this point I don't know if I would use the list and select players based on positions played.

    No doubt to a degree you have to, but I would do it based on our scouting reports.

    Somewhere in there are a few players we had targeted but could never get because they were selected by another team.

    If I had to pick a position....sure QB would be one, but since I go by the theory you are pretty much screwed if your back-up QB has to play let alone your 3rd team guy, it doesn't really matter to me who is on the 3rd team.

  • At this point I don't know if I would use the list and select players based on positions played.

    No doubt to a degree you have to, but I would do it based on our scouting reports.

    Somewhere in there are a few players we had targeted but could never get because they were selected by another team.

    If I had to pick a position....sure QB would be one, but since I go by the theory you are pretty much screwed if your back-up QB has to play let alone your 3rd team guy, it doesn't really matter to me who is on the 3rd team.

    @ballpeen said:

    At this point I don't know if I would use the list and select players based on positions played.

    No doubt to a degree you have to, but I would do it based on our scouting reports.

    Somewhere in there are a few players we had targeted but could never get because they were selected by another team.

    If I had to pick a position....sure QB would be one, but since I go by the theory you are pretty much screwed if your back-up QB has to play let alone your 3rd team guy, it doesn't really matter to me who is on the 3rd team.

    Well, as I have pointed out before, last year the Browns had to go to their 3rd string QB (who happened to be Colt McCoy) and 3 years ago they had to go to a 4th stringer they had to pick up off the street (Gradkowski, after Quinn, DA, and Dorsey all got hurt). I do not think they should be prepared to into it with Jarret Brown at 3rd string QB. Perhaps they will risk it and if the worst happens and both McCoy and Wallace go down, they may then reach into the FA market for a guy. But right now Brown has taxi squad written all over him.

    But I agree that they should not just look at positions. There does not appear to be ANY position or unit on this team that couldn't use a little depth.

  • The transfer window is closing today in the EPL and it looks like Aston Villa is trying to make some substantial moves to improve their offense. Villan supporters have been complaining that they didn't go after any big names during the transfer period.

    Two country's separated by a common language.

  • The transfer window is closing today in the EPL and it looks like Aston Villa is trying to make some substantial moves to improve their offense. Villan supporters have been complaining that they didn't go after any big names during the transfer period.

    Two country's separated by a common language.

    @1-more-season said:

    The transfer window is closing today in the EPL and it looks like Aston Villa is trying to make some substantial moves to improve their offense. Villan supporters have been complaining that they didn't go after any big names during the transfer period.

    Two country's separated by a common language.

    Actually, I think the only part of that which needs translation is the definition of the term "transfer period".

    e.g. it could mean the "trading deadline"

    or it could mean the "free agent signing period"

    There are several different ways to "transfer" players. Which is it?

  • , the transfer window is the period during the year in which a football club can transfer players from other countries into their playing staff. Such a transfer is completed by registering the player into the new club through FIFA.

  • I was just trying to show that fans all bitch about the same things.

  • Hearing Golden Tate will not make the final roster in Seattle according to espn and couple other sites. Remember when people around here wanted to draft him? Sad for everybody.

    Note to Heckert: Please do not sign this guy!!

  • Haha please no to golden tate, I would rather have a golden shower

  • Haha please no to golden tate, I would rather have a golden shower

    @wrrebel said:

    Haha please no to golden tate, I would rather have a golden shower

    Arranging.

  • Whoa not so fast to judge Tate hear...i mean i know he didnt live up to expectations last year but the guy has the unteachables for wr's with a 4.4 40 time and great hands...the problem with tate is his route running abilitys....which he can work on that..take a look what espn has to say about him:

    News: Tate, whose goal is to be more consistent this season, is having a strong training camp thus far, MyNorthwest.com reports. (Mon Aug 15)

    Spin: Tate's not the first rookie receiver to flame out, so, of course, don't write him off. But he has a long way to go to become a part of the offense. Sidney Rice, Mike Williams and Zach Miller figure to gobble up the targets. And Tate still is no lock to be next in line. What's more, as the article points out, Tate had a strong camp last season, and then he wasn't even active for Week 1.

    ESPN Fantasy Projection: Tate fooled us last year. We assumed he was pro-ready coming out of Notre Dame, but the Seahawks quickly discovered that wasn't the case. He has 4.4 speed and boasted spectacular hands in college, but his route-running with the Seahawks was awful. That's the kind of thing that could clear up in his second year, but we wonder if he'll get the chance, considering the team signed Sidney Rice this summer. Tate figures to be Seattle's third receiver at best, which isn't a recipe for a fantasy breakout.

    Im a huge Notre Dame fan and this guy was amazing to watch...i wouldnt count him out yet and if it was up to me...what do we have to lose giving this guy a chance with the WR's we have now?

  • , the transfer window is the period during the year in which a football club can transfer players from other countries into their playing staff. Such a transfer is completed by registering the player into the new club through FIFA.

    @1-more-season said:

    , the transfer window is the period during the year in which a football club can transfer players from other countries into their playing staff. Such a transfer is completed by registering the player into the new club through FIFA.

    Well, whateverthef88k. It sounds like free agency to me. Maybe the Browns can find a Japanese Sumo wrestler that they can "transfer" in to play OL for them?

    I guess this guy didn't take kindly to something saying "Hey, You, you assahoryu"

  • @1-more-season said:

    , the transfer window is the period during the year in which a football club can transfer players from other countries into their playing staff. Such a transfer is completed by registering the player into the new club through FIFA.

    Well, whateverthef88k. It sounds like free agency to me. Maybe the Browns can find a Japanese Sumo wrestler that they can "transfer" in to play OL for them?

    I guess this guy didn't take kindly to something saying "Hey, You, you assahoryu"

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, whateverthef88k. It sounds like free agency to me. Maybe the Browns can find a Japanese Sumo wrestler that they can "transfer" in to play OL for them?

    I guess this guy didn't take kindly to something saying "Hey, You, you assahoryu"

    Like in "The Replacements".

    "He's a Sumo wrestler. That means he's an expert at pushing people around. That's what pass blocking is, Leo"

    Shit... let's go get Jimmy McGinty to coach us.

  • By the way, on Madden 12 I did an all rookie team. My WR's are Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Greg Little.

    Guess who progressed more and took the #1 nod? You guessed it...Greg Little.

    Suck on that WRREBEL. Even your beloved Madden loves Greg Little.

  • Hahahaha

    Tim couch, u have a ps3? Or xbox? I will crush you in madden online..

    By the way robiske reminds me of clifford franklin

  • Hahahaha

    Tim couch, u have a ps3? Or xbox? I will crush you in madden online..

    By the way robiske reminds me of clifford franklin

    @wrrebel said:

    Hahahaha

    Tim couch, u have a ps3? Or xbox? I will crush you in madden online..

    By the way robiske reminds me of clifford franklin

    Neither as of yet, I was playing on my friends Xbox. Sometime before opening day, I'll have a PS3, though. Trading LeGarrette Blount for a new PS3, it's a hell of a deal if I do say so myself.

    I'll get you my name whenever I make one. We'll see who gets owned.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Hahahaha

    Tim couch, u have a ps3? Or xbox? I will crush you in madden online..

    By the way robiske reminds me of clifford franklin

    Neither as of yet, I was playing on my friends Xbox. Sometime before opening day, I'll have a PS3, though. Trading LeGarrette Blount for a new PS3, it's a hell of a deal if I do say so myself.

    I'll get you my name whenever I make one. We'll see who gets owned.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Neither as of yet, I was playing on my friends Xbox. Sometime before opening day, I'll have a PS3, though. Trading LeGarrette Blount for a new PS3, it's a hell of a deal if I do say so myself.

    I'll get you my name whenever I make one. We'll see who gets owned.

    Wait ur trading blount for a ps3? In a fantasy keeper league?

    Madden is great. Everyone online plays with the packers, how gay is that?? Some dueche ran a fake fg against me and matt flynn ran over dqell jackson and tjward..

  • I wish they still made Madden for the PC. The newest system I have is a Dreamcast lol.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Neither as of yet, I was playing on my friends Xbox. Sometime before opening day, I'll have a PS3, though. Trading LeGarrette Blount for a new PS3, it's a hell of a deal if I do say so myself.

    I'll get you my name whenever I make one. We'll see who gets owned.

    Wait ur trading blount for a ps3? In a fantasy keeper league?

    Madden is great. Everyone online plays with the packers, how gay is that?? Some dueche ran a fake fg against me and matt flynn ran over dqell jackson and tjward..

    @wrrebel said:

    Wait ur trading blount for a ps3? In a fantasy keeper league?

    Madden is great. Everyone online plays with the packers, how gay is that?? Some dueche ran a fake fg against me and matt flynn ran over dqell jackson and tjward..

    Not even a keeper league, that's the best part.

    It truly is the deal of a lifetime.

    The Packers are probably the easiest team to use since the Patriots in Madden '08.

  • Hillis combined for 75% of rushing yards, 36% of total yards and 50% of total touchdowns..

    This is what I'm saying. Take some of the load off him by making our wrs relevant. If we have the passing attack we had last year I agree he will get stuffed

  • Sounds like the guy is fencing stolen property.