Skip to content

Pay Da Man!

The Browns Board
24 17 1.4k
  • πŸ˜’
  • I would like to see a deal worked out for him, but I would feel more compelled to speak out in support of it if he has another good/great season.

  • He is in the final year of his contract.

    Haha zombo that is funny and gay and gets me pumped up all that the same time. I just went from 6 to 12

  • Can we offer contract extensions all season or is there a deadline?

  • Can we offer contract extensions all season or is there a deadline?

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Can we offer contract extensions all season or is there a deadline?

    All season, I beleive until the fiscal new year is when any contract that is signed the signing bonus can no longer be used against this years cap

  • let him put two consecutive productive seasons together. not saying he's a one hit wonder, but hasn't earned it yet. one more year then either give him a long term or franchise him and then give him a long term.

  • As much as some losers on here thinks hillis is a one year wonder. I hope we get a long term deal done.

    Is there anyone more liked than him around the league by fans? Ok clay matthews jr may have him beat.

    I know all of my buddies none of them browns fans love hillis.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/peyton-hillis-takes-quiet-approach-to-contract-talks/

    @wrrebel said:

    Is there anyone more liked than him around the league by fans? Ok clay matthews jr may have him beat.

    I know all of my buddies none of them browns fans love hillis.

    why, because he's white? just sayin............think about it. is he better than foster? better than johnson? petersen? there's like 10 other RBs ranked higher than him. i know one thing......i'm taking hardesty in my fantasy team. we'll see who's the better RB by the end of the year (yes i'll eat crow if i have to). hillis is a beast but he's got a target on his back this year.

    and why clay matthews? what do you like his long greasy hair?

  • Well he deserves more than the league minimum cuz he's out entire offense (at least hr wad last season). What's there not to like about him. Chris Johnson sits out like a bitch and peyton plays with heart and knows they'll pay him when he's due. He's very down to earth for a football star.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Is there anyone more liked than him around the league by fans? Ok clay matthews jr may have him beat.

    I know all of my buddies none of them browns fans love hillis.

    why, because he's white? just sayin............think about it. is he better than foster? better than johnson? petersen? there's like 10 other RBs ranked higher than him. i know one thing......i'm taking hardesty in my fantasy team. we'll see who's the better RB by the end of the year (yes i'll eat crow if i have to). hillis is a beast but he's got a target on his back this year.

    and why clay matthews? what do you like his long greasy hair?

    @miktoxic said:

    why, because he's white? just sayin............think about it. is he better than foster? better than johnson? petersen? there's like 10 other RBs ranked higher than him. i know one thing......i'm taking hardesty in my fantasy team. we'll see who's the better RB by the end of the year (yes i'll eat crow if i have to). hillis is a beast but he's got a target on his back this year.

    and why clay matthews? what do you like his long greasy hair?

    I can ask my black friends if that's the reason they like him, but I doubt it...

    You know, as a white guy yes it adds a little extra to hillis I think. How can you not root for a white bruiser like hillis? it happens all the time in spoorts and politics. For one I don't think there is anything wrong with it. As long as ur not rooting against someone for there race or heritage.

    I remember back in high school when michael chang was big in tennis, all the asian kids joined the tennis team and loved him..

    I think in football in certain positions like wr, lb and rb its hard not to root for the white guy, if ur white.

    A good comparison is an white american heavy weight boxer.. hell yeah I would root for him..

    Once again my favorite basketball players are michael jordan and john starks.

    Tons of african americans love tiger woods. Is this wrong??

  • Because we are operating our team based on how the successful teams do it, don't sign him. Make him prove himself over more than one year.

    And If he doesn't like it, he can walk.

    Well run, quality teams plug in new players when their players sign elsewhere. They don't care because they know what they are doing. NEXT!

    Also, the organizations we are basing ourselves on, don't sign players once the season starts.

  • Sign him to a 3 year deal. Nothing longer than that because he is a bruiser and might not last as long as other RB's who have different styles of play. But he has proven that he is worth much more than he is being paid now. There is also NOBODY else who we can count on right now. Jackson is injured, and given Hardesty's track record he will be injured again within the next few weeks.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Is there anyone more liked than him around the league by fans? Ok clay matthews jr may have him beat.

    I know all of my buddies none of them browns fans love hillis.

    why, because he's white? just sayin............think about it. is he better than foster? better than johnson? petersen? there's like 10 other RBs ranked higher than him. i know one thing......i'm taking hardesty in my fantasy team. we'll see who's the better RB by the end of the year (yes i'll eat crow if i have to). hillis is a beast but he's got a target on his back this year.

    and why clay matthews? what do you like his long greasy hair?

    @miktoxic said:

    why, because he's white?

    Sure, why not?? I like it.

    Why should whites be excluded from excelling at everything other than running a football or shooting a basketball?

    Do it all I say.

  • He needs a new deal and i think it'll be done within 4 games into the season at least,I mean Brandon Jackson is making more than him.

    Hes a great player and for people doubting him i think he will have a great season..O yeah miketoxic good look with that Hardestry pick im not betting agasnt him but hes starting to look like Ki Jana Carter.

  • Unless we gave Hillis a small raise/extension I feel it would be foolish to resign now. I like him as much as the nest guy ... but you don't get paid after having 10-12 good games. He really broke down at the end of the year and could very well be a one season wonder (I don't think he will be ... but you never know)

    I say let him earn it. We can always ink him to an extension if he has a great start and is on his way to a second good year. I just think to ink him now long term to a lucrative contract might be a mistake.

  • New deal later....he has alot to prove

  • Id give anything to make the $500,000 a year he makes. Espically if I got to sit at home on my ass half the year. I highly doubt he's hurting for money so im sure he's ok with waiting one more season for that bigger check.

  • i hope they take a wait and see approach...a path rarely taken by previous Browns regimes. if he repeats this season they should definitely pay him big >> like top 5-ish big. maybe somewhere near yet just under the franchise tag $. that seems fair enough...but if he's happy i certainly am as well. while most likely deserving, i obviously have no dog in the fight.

    i love me some Hillis, but ZERO cool points for that video.

    if i were him i'd hate that it even existed, let alone mounted above the fold on my personal website homepage (!). but who gives a hell, dude can play.

  • I love Peyton Hillis.

  • He needs a new deal and i think it'll be done within 4 games into the season at least,I mean Brandon Jackson is making more than him.

    Hes a great player and for people doubting him i think he will have a great season..O yeah miketoxic good look with that Hardestry pick im not betting agasnt him but hes starting to look like Ki Jana Carter.

    @nw220 said:

    He needs a new deal and i think it'll be done within 4 games into the season at least,I mean Brandon Jackson is making more than him.

    Hes a great player and for people doubting him i think he will have a great season..O yeah miketoxic good look with that Hardestry pick im not betting agasnt him but hes starting to look like Ki Jana Carter.

    Actually, Brandon Jackson is making three times more than Hillis this year. I vote for a middle of the road approach. If Peyton starts the year off like gangbusters, then you give him the big raise.

  • I say sign him.

    If we wait and allow other teams to start bidding, the price goes up.