Another GM?
-
I think DesertDawg played HS football with McCreight.
I'm guessing that McCreight's really interviewing to keep his current job, especially if we end up bringing in a non-draft guru to be our next GM (someone like McKay).
-
@jadbf said:
If that's the case then, and Piloi has reservationsd about Magini, then tell Piloi thanks but no thanks. I jsut fear that Lerner is attempting to get them both and HOPE they work well together. I don't like that idea at all.Well if Lerner wants Pioli and Mangini, and Pioli doesn't want Mangini, there is no way Lerner will get both.
-
Since he is from Liberty, if he was our GM, we would most likely draft RASHAD JENNINGS!!!
-
I think DesertDawg played HS football with McCreight.
I'm guessing that McCreight's really interviewing to keep his current job, especially if we end up bringing in a non-draft guru to be our next GM (someone like McKay).
Aloysius said:
I think DesertDawg played HS football with McCreight.I'm guessing that McCreight's really interviewing to keep his current job, especially if we end up bringing in a non-draft guru to be our next GM (someone like McKay).
Wow Alo, great memory. Yes I did go to HS with TJ and we played ball together. He has the best pair if hands of anyone I have met. He used to pluck bombs out of the air with one hand during practice. Not cradle into his body - snatch the fooker right out of the air, for 15-20 mins after practice. 98% of the time he caught them. Kid was a freak of nature catching the ball.
I think TJ is being given the interview for two reasons. 1) Lerner wants him to stick around as VP of PP, and 2) it is a courtesy to TJ. Sort of allows him to practice interviewing for a future "top dog" front office position, i.e GM.
I don't think he is - at this time, anway - what the Browns need right now.
But he is a good, good person and very bright. Really knows his shit. He started out as a regional scout, than was promoted up the ranks via Savage.
-
McCreight is the type of guy you would put in place if you got a coach like Shanahan who had the final say players and the draft.
He's a good personnel guy but not ready to run a FO.
-
Of course I'm going to remember something like that. Hell, I still think it's cool that Stan's brother speaks in tongues with Savage's bro.
McCreight's going to be
a coolan even cooler guy to know when he becomes a GM some day. Maybe I should ask you for a rec: according to Rich & Ghoolie, being the GM's personal coffee fetcher is a very good job to have
-
@jadbf said:
Or a guy who could be put under someone like McKay who would be VP of football operations, and mangini as coach.which is kind of where I was going with this...and the Pioli in NE thread.
-
@jadbf said:
Or a guy who could be put under someone like McKay who would be VP of football operations, and mangini as coach.TJ under McKay with Mangini..............................That works for me.
Who knows, Pioli might just be looking for a raise in NE. He has done this crap before.
-
@jadbf said:
Or a guy who could be put under someone like McKay who would be VP of football operations, and mangini as coach.TJ under McKay with Mangini..............................That works for me.
Who knows, Pioli might just be looking for a raise in NE. He has done this crap before.
Who knows, Pioli might just be looking for a raise in NE. He has done this crap before.
I think if Lerner wants the guy, than pay him. If you need to get into a negotiation with his Agent and/or New England, than maybe you don't know if he is the guy. All I have heard about was that Cowher was his guy. If that is your guy, pay him out of retirement. Believe me Lerner is gun shy about long term contracts right now. Not because of money, but because he is not the football guy.
All I am saying is money talks. If Pioli is looking for a raise by interviewing with the Browns, and money is not a problem for Lerner, than pay the fooker, or let NE overpay for him.
No hurry in this decision. I am just thinking that if Cowher is not interested, make him interested.
Like Crapgame said at the end of Kelly's Heroes
"Make him a deal."
If you lose Cowher, and then Pioli, your 3rd option is going to be overpaid anyway. And possibly have zero mandate because he was the 3rd choice.
Not this shit again, please.
-
Who knows, Pioli might just be looking for a raise in NE. He has done this crap before.
I think if Lerner wants the guy, than pay him. If you need to get into a negotiation with his Agent and/or New England, than maybe you don't know if he is the guy. All I have heard about was that Cowher was his guy. If that is your guy, pay him out of retirement. Believe me Lerner is gun shy about long term contracts right now. Not because of money, but because he is not the football guy.
All I am saying is money talks. If Pioli is looking for a raise by interviewing with the Browns, and money is not a problem for Lerner, than pay the fooker, or let NE overpay for him.
No hurry in this decision. I am just thinking that if Cowher is not interested, make him interested.
Like Crapgame said at the end of Kelly's Heroes
"Make him a deal."
If you lose Cowher, and then Pioli, your 3rd option is going to be overpaid anyway. And possibly have zero mandate because he was the 3rd choice.
Not this shit again, please.
I think if Lerner wants the guy, than pay him. If you need to get into a negotiation with his Agent and/or New England, than maybe you don't know if he is the guy. All I have heard about was that Cowher was his guy. If that is your guy, pay him out of retirement. Believe me Lerner is gun shy about long term contracts right now. Not because of money, but because he is not the football guy.
All I am saying is money talks. If Pioli is looking for a raise by interviewing with the Browns, and money is not a problem for Lerner, than pay the fooker, or let NE overpay for him.
No hurry in this decision. I am just thinking that if Cowher is not interested, make him interested.
Like Crapgame said at the end of Kelly's Heroes
"Make him a deal."
If you lose Cowher, and then Pioli, your 3rd option is going to be overpaid anyway. And possibly have zero mandate because he was the 3rd choice.
Not this shit again, please.
It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with the guy he wants to bring in as coach and the fact that he wants "absolute power".
Cowher could have named his ticket also. As much as you would like to think money is the answer to everything, you are wrong in this case. Pioli supposedly asked for $4 million per and Lerner said fine. Lerner wants a coach with NFL experience and pioli want to bring in a college coach. You want to make that deal.
Did you ever hear the saying, "sometimes the best deal is the deal you don't make".
Just because you interview a guy 2nd or 3rd doesn't make him worse then the first guy you interviewed. Maybe he isn't available because his team is playing this weekend. Or, maybe after you interview your first choice you realize he isn't the best choice.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login