Skip to content

Giving Up Season Tickets

The Browns Board
13 6 1.2k
  • @browns149 said:

    Just found out today, 2 people I know, both of whom have had their season tickets since 1999, just gave them up

    They didn't let anyone know, and they didn't sell them to anyone, they just didn't pay and let the PSL's go BYE BYE.

    CAN YOU IMAGINE?????????????????????????????????

    I wish they would have said something, I would have bought them. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And the Browns thank you very much. Cause now we can re-sell them to someone else. Good Lord, you go to Craiglist or eBay and sell them for at least a couple hundred.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @hoorta said:

    And the Browns thank you very much. Cause now we can re-sell them to someone else. Good Lord, you go to Craiglist or eBay and sell them for at least a couple hundred.

    EXACTLLY

    Hell, the 4 PSL's are $1000 a piece.They could've just kept buying the tickets and sold them for that price.

    we paid $500 a peice for the PSL's in 1999. Not too mention the season tickets every year. In 1999 they were $30 a seat, now they are $50 a seat. They blew it BIG TIME

  • Just found out today, 2 people I know, both of whom have had their season tickets since 1999, just gave them up

    They didn't let anyone know, and they didn't sell them to anyone, they just didn't pay and let the PSL's go BYE BYE.

    CAN YOU IMAGINE?????????????????????????????????

    I wish they would have said something, I would have bought them. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @browns149 said:

    Just found out today, 2 people I know, both of whom have had their season tickets since 1999, just gave them up

    They didn't let anyone know, and they didn't sell them to anyone, they just didn't pay and let the PSL's go BYE BYE.

    CAN YOU IMAGINE?????????????????????????????????

    I wish they would have said something, I would have bought them. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If they were Clubs, then he didn't have much choice. There are no buyers. i tried to sell mine (bought in 1999) for $1 per PSL last year and had to let them go. Thankfully, i still have my regular seats.

    If they weren't Clubs, then they probably could have got some $ for them.

  • @browns149 said:

    Just found out today, 2 people I know, both of whom have had their season tickets since 1999, just gave them up

    They didn't let anyone know, and they didn't sell them to anyone, they just didn't pay and let the PSL's go BYE BYE.

    CAN YOU IMAGINE?????????????????????????????????

    I wish they would have said something, I would have bought them. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If they were Clubs, then he didn't have much choice. There are no buyers. i tried to sell mine (bought in 1999) for $1 per PSL last year and had to let them go. Thankfully, i still have my regular seats.

    If they weren't Clubs, then they probably could have got some $ for them.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @roach said:

    If they were Clubs, then he didn't have much choice. There are no buyers. i tried to sell mine (bought in 1999) for $1 per PSL last year and had to let them go. Thankfully, i still have my regular seats.

    If they weren't Clubs, then they probably could have got some $ for them.

    They are upper endzone seats. 4 in-a-row. Not the dawg pound but the other side.

    To just let them go for nothing is INSANE. Especially after buying the PSL's in 99 and buying 12 years of tickets.

  • @roach said:

    If they were Clubs, then he didn't have much choice. There are no buyers. i tried to sell mine (bought in 1999) for $1 per PSL last year and had to let them go. Thankfully, i still have my regular seats.

    If they weren't Clubs, then they probably could have got some $ for them.

    They are upper endzone seats. 4 in-a-row. Not the dawg pound but the other side.

    To just let them go for nothing is INSANE. Especially after buying the PSL's in 99 and buying 12 years of tickets.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @browns149 said:

    They are upper endzone seats. 4 in-a-row. Not the dawg pound but the other side.

    To just let them go for nothing is INSANE. Especially after buying the PSL's in 99 and buying 12 years of tickets.

    That puts a different spin on things. Upper level seating comes and goes. No way I could sell my 500 level seating to a ticket broker way back when. However, when after many years we finally got upgraded into the 100 level, it's a different story. Here's the deal- you get priority in seat improvement in your section, and if you get upgraded into a new section, you go to the bottom of the pool in that section. Short of Club Level which IMHO ain't worth the price, the "best seats in the house" are between the 20s 100 level and row 20 or higher. Ballpeen will make a serious argument the first 5 rows of 500 level between the 30s are in the same category. But they either get inherited in wills, or go on eBay for about $6,000 a seat.

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I've been a Browns fan since 1987 and I've never seen the Browns live once, living a few thousand miles away from Cleveland.

    This makes me salivate...

  • @browns149 said:

    They are upper endzone seats. 4 in-a-row. Not the dawg pound but the other side.

    To just let them go for nothing is INSANE. Especially after buying the PSL's in 99 and buying 12 years of tickets.

    That puts a different spin on things. Upper level seating comes and goes. No way I could sell my 500 level seating to a ticket broker way back when. However, when after many years we finally got upgraded into the 100 level, it's a different story. Here's the deal- you get priority in seat improvement in your section, and if you get upgraded into a new section, you go to the bottom of the pool in that section. Short of Club Level which IMHO ain't worth the price, the "best seats in the house" are between the 20s 100 level and row 20 or higher. Ballpeen will make a serious argument the first 5 rows of 500 level between the 30s are in the same category. But they either get inherited in wills, or go on eBay for about $6,000 a seat.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @hoorta said:

    That puts a different spin on things. Upper level seating comes and goes. No way I could sell my 500 level seating to a ticket broker way back when. However, when after many years we finally got upgraded into the 100 level, it's a different story. Here's the deal- you get priority in seat improvement in your section, and if you get upgraded into a new section, you go to the bottom of the pool in that section. Short of Club Level which IMHO ain't worth the price, the "best seats in the house" are between the 20s 100 level and row 20 or higher. Ballpeen will make a serious argument the first 5 rows of 500 level between the 30s are in the same category. But they either get inherited in wills, or go on eBay for about $6,000 a seat.

    I am in row 19, so I can't say anything about the first 5 rows, though i do like uppers for numerous reasons.

    My attitude is this: I like being a season ticket holder and plan to be such until I die. I like being able to tell people I hold Browns season tickets.

    I didn't buy them as a investment or anything other then being able to go to games when I wanted.

    I hope to sell my extras, but if not, no big deal since the money spent was months before....that money is gone IMO.....I've always been like that.

    When I die, they go to my son Chris....if he wants to keep them, great, if not, that is his choice.

    If I have to give them up, no big deal there since the $3000 I spent a decade or more ago for the PSL's isn't going to be my concern. My concern will be the money lost that caused me to have to give them up.

    Bottom line is your friends might be like me.....the money was spent years ago. The money was lost years ago. I don't view it like I am sitting on a asset.

  • @hoorta said:

    That puts a different spin on things. Upper level seating comes and goes. No way I could sell my 500 level seating to a ticket broker way back when. However, when after many years we finally got upgraded into the 100 level, it's a different story. Here's the deal- you get priority in seat improvement in your section, and if you get upgraded into a new section, you go to the bottom of the pool in that section. Short of Club Level which IMHO ain't worth the price, the "best seats in the house" are between the 20s 100 level and row 20 or higher. Ballpeen will make a serious argument the first 5 rows of 500 level between the 30s are in the same category. But they either get inherited in wills, or go on eBay for about $6,000 a seat.

    I am in row 19, so I can't say anything about the first 5 rows, though i do like uppers for numerous reasons.

    My attitude is this: I like being a season ticket holder and plan to be such until I die. I like being able to tell people I hold Browns season tickets.

    I didn't buy them as a investment or anything other then being able to go to games when I wanted.

    I hope to sell my extras, but if not, no big deal since the money spent was months before....that money is gone IMO.....I've always been like that.

    When I die, they go to my son Chris....if he wants to keep them, great, if not, that is his choice.

    If I have to give them up, no big deal there since the $3000 I spent a decade or more ago for the PSL's isn't going to be my concern. My concern will be the money lost that caused me to have to give them up.

    Bottom line is your friends might be like me.....the money was spent years ago. The money was lost years ago. I don't view it like I am sitting on a asset.

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ballpeen said:

    I am in row 19, so I can't say anything about the first 5 rows, though i do like uppers for numerous reasons.

    My attitude is this: I like being a season ticket holder and plan to be such until I die. I like being able to tell people I hold Browns season tickets.

    I didn't buy them as a investment or anything other then being able to go to games when I wanted.

    I hope to sell my extras, but if not, no big deal since the money spent was months before....that money is gone IMO.....I've always been like that.

    When I die, they go to my son Chris....if he wants to keep them, great, if not, that is his choice.

    If I have to give them up, no big deal there since the $3000 I spent a decade or more ago for the PSL's isn't going to be my concern. My concern will be the money lost that caused me to have to give them up.

    Bottom line is your friends might be like me.....the money was spent years ago. The money was lost years ago. I don't view it like I am sitting on a asset.

    Well said.

    Cheers!

    roach

  • @ballpeen said:

    I am in row 19, so I can't say anything about the first 5 rows, though i do like uppers for numerous reasons.

    My attitude is this: I like being a season ticket holder and plan to be such until I die. I like being able to tell people I hold Browns season tickets.

    I didn't buy them as a investment or anything other then being able to go to games when I wanted.

    I hope to sell my extras, but if not, no big deal since the money spent was months before....that money is gone IMO.....I've always been like that.

    When I die, they go to my son Chris....if he wants to keep them, great, if not, that is his choice.

    If I have to give them up, no big deal there since the $3000 I spent a decade or more ago for the PSL's isn't going to be my concern. My concern will be the money lost that caused me to have to give them up.

    Bottom line is your friends might be like me.....the money was spent years ago. The money was lost years ago. I don't view it like I am sitting on a asset.

    Well said.

    Cheers!

    roach

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @roach said:

    Well said.

    Cheers!

    roach

    I can't figure out why I hang onto my two seats. I used to get to a couple of games a year and sell some of the rest. The last couple of years I haven't had any luck finding a buyer. I own the cheap seats in the upper deck and people who go into town for just one game usually prefer something better. Personally, I like the view from up there but I think I'm in the minority. One of these days maybe I'll hand off my PSL's to someone else and use the money for baseball tickets to my local minor league team.

    I suspect the year after I sell my PSL's (or give them away) The Browns will become world beaters.

  • @roach said:

    Well said.

    Cheers!

    roach

    I can't figure out why I hang onto my two seats. I used to get to a couple of games a year and sell some of the rest. The last couple of years I haven't had any luck finding a buyer. I own the cheap seats in the upper deck and people who go into town for just one game usually prefer something better. Personally, I like the view from up there but I think I'm in the minority. One of these days maybe I'll hand off my PSL's to someone else and use the money for baseball tickets to my local minor league team.

    I suspect the year after I sell my PSL's (or give them away) The Browns will become world beaters.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @kshutchins said:

    I can't figure out why I hang onto my two seats. I used to get to a couple of games a year and sell some of the rest. The last couple of years I haven't had any luck finding a buyer. I own the cheap seats in the upper deck and people who go into town for just one game usually prefer something better. Personally, I like the view from up there but I think I'm in the minority. One of these days maybe I'll hand off my PSL's to someone else and use the money for baseball tickets to my local minor league team.

    I suspect the year after I sell my PSL's (or give them away) The Browns will become world beaters.

    Well Kathy, when I went in with Don on our season tickets he warned me when the Browns play badly over a stretch of years, you can't give the tickets away- and he was right. However, now that we've moved down into the 100 level, I feel a lot better about things. When I croak the seats will most likely pass on down to the nephews. And I'm hoping for at least one Super Bowl win before that happens.

    When I sell off tickets, I make certain they only go to Browns fans, and I don't charge a premium for them either. Yeah, I could post a couple of games on Stubhub and that would make my season tickets virtually free, but I'd rather burn them than potentially see a fan of an opposing team using them. It seriously honks me off to see the sheer number of opposing fans down in my section 111. That means the season ticket holders are using those seats as a cash cow, rather than being dedicated fans, as they ought to be.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I did sell my Seahawks tickets to a friend of a friend who is a Seahawks fan, but he is a good guy who just like to root for his team.

    Hawks fans are pretty tame.

  • @roach said:

    Well said.

    Cheers!

    roach

    I can't figure out why I hang onto my two seats. I used to get to a couple of games a year and sell some of the rest. The last couple of years I haven't had any luck finding a buyer. I own the cheap seats in the upper deck and people who go into town for just one game usually prefer something better. Personally, I like the view from up there but I think I'm in the minority. One of these days maybe I'll hand off my PSL's to someone else and use the money for baseball tickets to my local minor league team.

    I suspect the year after I sell my PSL's (or give them away) The Browns will become world beaters.

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by kshutchins
    #13

    @kshutchins said:

    I can't figure out why I hang onto my two seats. I used to get to a couple of games a year and sell some of the rest. The last couple of years I haven't had any luck finding a buyer. I own the cheap seats in the upper deck and people who go into town for just one game usually prefer something better. Personally, I like the view from up there but I think I'm in the minority. One of these days maybe I'll hand off my PSL's to someone else and use the money for baseball tickets to my local minor league team.

    I suspect the year after I sell my PSL's (or give them away) The Browns will become world beaters.

    Back when PSL's were first being sold, I had two teenaged boys ($$$$$) in the house. I actually tried to get four people together so we could buy four seats and split the tickets four ways. We had four folks and two dropped out at the last minute so two of us bought four seats. My seat partner had to sell his two but I hung onto mine. Since that time various circumstances made it impractical to upgrade, leaving me waiting for a miracle. 🙂