Phil Taylor- Droy
-
According to NFL Scout Jayson Braddock, Von Miller is the favorite to win Defensive Rookie of the Year, but Phil Taylor is not far behind.
According to NFL Scout Jayson Braddock, Von Miller is the favorite to win Defensive Rookie of the Year, but Phil Taylor is not far behind.
AWESOME, with only 16 games left.
-
The more I watch Taylor, the more amazed I am. He can't be stopped. And he can really move for a huge man,
and he isn't just a beer belly - wow. This defense will be a lot of fun to watch - as usual, as long as they stay healthy.
And it isn't just Taylor on the line - Rubin is right up there, and our two starting DE's are going to make themselves known, too.
And the secondary.... How ya goin to double team both inside DT's ?
Can't wait til things get started in Cincy. Taylor is the main reason the dline starts taking over.
The more I watch Taylor, the more amazed I am. He can't be stopped. And he can really move for a huge man,
and he isn't just a beer belly - wow. This defense will be a lot of fun to watch - as usual, as long as they stay healthy.
And it isn't just Taylor on the line - Rubin is right up there, and our two starting DE's are going to make themselves known, too.
And the secondary.... How ya goin to double team both inside DT's ?
Can't wait til things get started in Cincy. Taylor is the main reason the dline starts taking over.
I hate to be a wet blanket, but lets see how they play in a regular season game first.
BTW, the armchair coaches have pointed out Sheard made a couple of big time rookie mistakes in the Eagles game. On both those qb roll out TDs, Sheard gave up outside contain to rush inside- and it was a free trip to the endzone when he did. -
The more I watch Taylor, the more amazed I am. He can't be stopped. And he can really move for a huge man,
and he isn't just a beer belly - wow. This defense will be a lot of fun to watch - as usual, as long as they stay healthy.
And it isn't just Taylor on the line - Rubin is right up there, and our two starting DE's are going to make themselves known, too.
And the secondary.... How ya goin to double team both inside DT's ?
Can't wait til things get started in Cincy. Taylor is the main reason the dline starts taking over.
I hate to be a wet blanket, but lets see how they play in a regular season game first.
BTW, the armchair coaches have pointed out Sheard made a couple of big time rookie mistakes in the Eagles game. On both those qb roll out TDs, Sheard gave up outside contain to rush inside- and it was a free trip to the endzone when he did.BTW, the armchair coaches have pointed out Sheard made a couple of big time rookie mistakes in the Eagles game. On both those qb roll out TDs, Sheard gave up outside contain to rush inside- and it was a free trip to the endzone when he did.
rookies will be rookies.

on the bright side, those whiffs are coachably correctable.....well, at least on paper they are.
personally i think Rubin is the bright spot on the line.
-
The more I watch Taylor, the more amazed I am. He can't be stopped. And he can really move for a huge man,
and he isn't just a beer belly - wow. This defense will be a lot of fun to watch - as usual, as long as they stay healthy.
And it isn't just Taylor on the line - Rubin is right up there, and our two starting DE's are going to make themselves known, too.
And the secondary.... How ya goin to double team both inside DT's ?
Can't wait til things get started in Cincy. Taylor is the main reason the dline starts taking over.
I hate to be a wet blanket, but lets see how they play in a regular season game first.
BTW, the armchair coaches have pointed out Sheard made a couple of big time rookie mistakes in the Eagles game. On both those qb roll out TDs, Sheard gave up outside contain to rush inside- and it was a free trip to the endzone when he did.I hate to be a wet blanket, but lets see how they play in a regular season game first.
BTW, the armchair coaches have pointed out Sheard made a couple of big time rookie mistakes in the Eagles game. On both those qb roll out TDs, Sheard gave up outside contain to rush inside- and it was a free trip to the endzone when he did.I agree with hoorta, sheard not only made some serious rookie mistakes against philly but has been easily and consistently manipulated and controlled against both run and pass blockers all preseason, IMHO we are extremely suspect at both DEs (mitchell as well) and questionable on our LBs horizontal speed to boot..
Which may equal being ran through, over and around our under sized defensive ends for big gains if these guys dont adjust quickly it could get ugly real fast..
-
I like Taylor and think that he will be our long term anchor on that d-line. Shears is a rookie and will learn how to play the position. I have confidence that the right side if our d-line is set for the next several years.
-
I'm going to reserve judgement for as long as I can because I jumped all over the Savage bandwagon on being a great scout/drafter, but looking back I don't see him any better than Butch, Dwight or any of the other morons. I only HOPE that Heck is one heck of a drafter...
Wimbley over Ngata......UGH
-
mikeyP72 said:
Are u guys calling him Shear(s) on purpose?
Well, he could use a good haircut.
Call me an old f***er, but I just don't like those long flowing dreadlocks or those manes that these football players wear. I guess I want my ball players to look like ball players and not like rejects from Fabio lookalike contest or like members of Parliament-Funkadelic. Those looks are fine on a rock n' roll or a reggae band...but not on a football player.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Are u guys calling him Shear(s) on purpose?
"QWERTY" proximity, at least on choco's part i suspect.
while i've seen a lot of things they can improve upon, i feel pretty good about this group as a whole-Taylor definitely included. there are a lot of subtle nuances to effective NFL D-line play and with the bullrush being their primary go-to move in college, they still have a lot of other techniques they need to add to their repertoire i feel confident will come with more time and experience .
Big Phil arrived with a couple tools already in his toolbox that will help him this season early on (especially his "chop" he showcased on Michael Vick), and coupled with Ahtyba's advice and mentoring i have faith he'll be fairly productive. same with Jabaal practicing across from Joe T, although it would be nice if Brian Cox were still around Berea (no offense to the present coaches, i just like BC).
this is all a stark contrast to rudimentery ball-catching and having the stones to impose your will on your opponent, which i have been vocal about in another thread. regardless of rookie technique i give "A's" for effort.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Are u guys calling him Shear(s) on purpose?
Well, he could use a good haircut.
Call me an old f***er, but I just don't like those long flowing dreadlocks or those manes that these football players wear. I guess I want my ball players to look like ball players and not like rejects from Fabio lookalike contest or like members of Parliament-Funkadelic. Those looks are fine on a rock n' roll or a reggae band...but not on a football player.
Well, he could use a good haircut.
Call me an old f***er, but I just don't like those long flowing dreadlocks or those manes that these football players wear. I guess I want my ball players to look like ball players and not like rejects from Fabio lookalike contest or like members of Parliament-Funkadelic. Those looks are fine on a rock n' roll or a reggae band...but not on a football player.
Old fukker!

you know i couldn't resist that low hanging fruit lol.
what about Cribbs, Gip? i feel that Predator look is rather apropo for a ST gunner, or any defensive player for that matter. clay III looks like a bitch imho though. dude's got the pedigree, but on a personal level i think he's Home Depot (there's tools, toolsheds, and there's the clay III's of the world).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login