Skip to content

We Lost. It Sucked. But There Were Some Positives.

The Browns Board
40 24 2.5k
  • alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by alporcini
    #1

    D'Qwell had a good game. Taylor looked like he might be a beast. Haden let Green get behind him, but he had no help... Joe's going to Pro Bowl. MoMass made a couple of nice catches. Hardesty ran hard (and didn't get hurt). Ward is a player.... Cribbs looked like... Cribbs.

    Better than a stick in the eye.

  • W why cant we win wrote on last edited by
    #2

    colt looked good when the oline gave him time as well

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
    #3

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

  • No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @usfbrown said:

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    Look at it again when you can see straight. They get rid of all the penalties early on and they are fine.

  • No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @usfbrown said:

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    lol. I'm with him

  • @usfbrown said:

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    lol. I'm with him

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @d-bone said:

    lol. I'm with him

    im sober and im with him also.

  • @usfbrown said:

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    lol. I'm with him

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @d-bone said:

    lol. I'm with him

    Lol. Then again... I'm with him too!

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Haden didn't even cover green....complete mental lapse

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Bottom line: We got beat at home, on opening day, by a bad team, with a rookie QB, who was knocked out of the game and replaced by the backup QB....................Not many positives there.

  • P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The team looked terribly undisciplined. I miss Mangini already.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Blame Haden if you want on that TD catch because it is his fault, but NO ONE on the defense was ready and the WR was 20 yards wide open on the other side of the field as well. Besides that fact that our most of our O-Line minus Mack looked like a pile of shit I think the person I was most disappointed in was Ward. Was 20 yards out of position on Bensons TD run and got burnt in coverage all day.

    Jackson played extremely well, both Phil Taylor and Rubin played very well, I think Sheard is still showing improvement, MoMass showed some stuff, Hardesty and Hillis did well considering that shitty blocking, McCoy was good when he could get some protection, Joe Haden minus that one play had a all pro caliber day. Considering all of that it doesn't matter when you end up shitting down your leg and losing to one of the worst football teams in the NFL. The shittiest part was that I think the coaching schemes were good, the players lost this one. If I were Shurmer I would run make them all run a lap for every single penalty flag and I would make them do it as a team. Mangini might not have been a great coach but he had the right idea when it came to punishing players for mistakes and it worked, 3rd fewest penalties called the last two seasons. That shit is embarrassing and Shurmer should be pissed.

  • Haden didn't even cover green....complete mental lapse

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @choco said:

    Haden didn't even cover green....complete mental lapse

    The whole defense was still in a huddle when that play happened. Unacceptable.

    8 or 9 penalties in the 1st Quarter. I bet that's an NFL record...unacceptable.

    Losing yet again to a division rival at home....I'm sick of it.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Well, the Colts and Steelers got blasted, and they don't have a new coach with a complete new system with a bunch of new players playing new positions...

    and they still played intense, and nearly could have won the game.

    I figured they've have problems with two completely new guys on the offensive line.

    Though, Pinkston got manhandled by one dlineman several times, being pushed right into the backfield near McCoy..

    The Browns had a nice pass rush, made adjustments started shutting down the run, and Haden

    played an outstanding game. But for the one play, Green wouldn't have been able to get one catch, I think.

    Learning, jelling experience. But RT and Lg is still a major problem, and we need a new cb opposite Haden.

    The old guy they have there just isn't quick enough anymore.

    I bet they bounce back next week bigtime.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Sry...I didn't mean lapse on Joe's part. More a collective lapse.....especially on the "coaches"....of u can call them that.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Just curious, are you a Steeler fan, any other team fan, Browns fan, or what? I'm being serious, and just trying to see where you're coming from.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #16

    No positives with a game like that.

  • No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @usfbrown said:

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    3 outta your 4 statements are as true as it gets....drunk or not. Saw a few positives from what peices I was able to stay awake for.

  • @usfbrown said:

    No positives.

    0-1.

    Conference loss.

    Lose against a terrible team with a backup qb.

    In my drunkeness, i can't see anything to be happy about now.

    3 outta your 4 statements are as true as it gets....drunk or not. Saw a few positives from what peices I was able to stay awake for.

    slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @slimdawg said:

    3 outta your 4 statements are as true as it gets....drunk or not. Saw a few positives from what peices I was able to stay awake for.

    AND I wasn't sleepin cause it wasn't a snoozer of a game, just lifes circumstances forcin me do so. Haven't missed a game or part, (half in todays case) be it live, t.v. or radio for as long as I can remember.prolly since I was 8 and I feel bad cause it was over friggin sleep lol

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #19

    This franchise stinks. I didn't expect anything different. I just hope when they are 0-2 when I'm at the Dolphin game they win. What makes me laugh is every year Browns fans are sooo optimistic and the reality is this franchise is so poorly managed they will never be successful. They are the Clippers of the NFL....

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I read this book last year.

    I very much believe when it was 17-13 we changed our offensive attack and defensive scheme to burn clock and when it started raining the bengals caught us in one of the worst defense laps maybe in all of professional history not one personal was lined up to cover anyone, that ended the game... i had a glimmer of hope when i thought Josh broke the side line with 3:30 left and i saw Little deck him with the best hit in the game and all the energy i built up the last 60 days exploded out of my chest and i am xxxxing PISSED OFF

    Division Loss to the Bengals .... Rookie QB goes down and their backup burns us for the game terrible