Skip to content

Eric Mangini Fun Facts

The Browns Board
8 6 1.1k
  • From Wikipedia

    Mangini is also known for naming his children after important figures in his career as a professional football coach. His son Zack was born on Brett Favre's 39th birthday, and Mangini had promised Favre that he would name his son after the quarterback should he choose to sign with the Jets. As such, Mangini's third son is named Zack Brett.

    In addition, his first son, Jake Harrison, is named after New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison, and his middle child is named Luke William after Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

  • God I hate Mangini.

  • I've seen much worse ways to name kids and using William is hardly going out on a limb. Can't say this changes my opinion of him.

    I have also heard he called out his son's namesake on game film, and Favre despised it as he hasn't been questioned about any football decision in years. So, it seems at least he isn't a suck-up.

    (Note, I have a friend with the last name of "Fields" and he's seriously considering "Wrigley" for the baby on the way.)

  • Reckon he's rethinking that?

    Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but someday, when lil' Brett throws three INTs to lose a game for his Pee Wee League team, and for the rest of his life.

    Dennis

    I bet Mrs. Mangini met him at the door after he got fired with the kid in her arms and a "Great job, knucklehead" look on her face.

  • I've seen much worse ways to name kids and using William is hardly going out on a limb. Can't say this changes my opinion of him.

    I have also heard he called out his son's namesake on game film, and Favre despised it as he hasn't been questioned about any football decision in years. So, it seems at least he isn't a suck-up.

    (Note, I have a friend with the last name of "Fields" and he's seriously considering "Wrigley" for the baby on the way.)

    @oconrecon said:

    (Note, I have a friend with the last name of "Fields" and he's seriously considering "Wrigley" for the baby on the way.)

    Oy...why do people not realize that it's their kids who have to go around with the names they give them, and not them?

    Dennis

    People name their kids "Wrigley" and "Dakota" when they can't spell "Loquisha."

  • I've seen much worse ways to name kids and using William is hardly going out on a limb. Can't say this changes my opinion of him.

    I have also heard he called out his son's namesake on game film, and Favre despised it as he hasn't been questioned about any football decision in years. So, it seems at least he isn't a suck-up.

    (Note, I have a friend with the last name of "Fields" and he's seriously considering "Wrigley" for the baby on the way.)

    @oconrecon said:

    I've seen much worse ways to name kids and using William is hardly going out on a limb. Can't say this changes my opinion of him.

    I have also heard he called out his son's namesake on game film, and Favre despised it as he hasn't been questioned about any football decision in years. So, it seems at least he isn't a suck-up.

    (Note, I have a friend with the last name of "Fields" and he's seriously considering "Wrigley" for the baby on the way.)

    OK. this might be a little OT, but Wrigley Fields would rate in my book. When I was working in a local hospital one of the supervisors kept a book of names you shouldn't give your kid. I swear on a stack of bibles I'm not making any of these names up.

    First off the Armed forces-

    Admiral Foster

    Sergeant Sergeant

    General Grant

    And some of the rest of the more memorable ones-

    Candi Barr

    Shade Bush

    Perfect Champagne- who named her kid "Dom Perignon"

  • Hes right up there with the late Frank Zappa who subsequently named his kids Dweezil,Ahmet and Moon Unit...So yeah...wierd stuff...gotta wonder what makes people do the things they do...

  • I heard Phil Savage was planning on naming his first child Horse Balls. And that's if it was a girl.

    For me though, the feeling Mangini'll get when he looks at young Zack Brett and know that child's namesake got him fired makes me all warm inside.