Skip to content

For Those Who Said We Shouldnt Sign Free Agents

The Browns Board
22 11 998
  • I find it funny that the last 2 years now i have pounded my fist and complained about not signing a WR free agent. Last year when i complained and midway through the season people finnally saw the light all those who defended not signing a WR either dissappeared or denied it..

    This year the same thing is happening. Jake and I agued in this thread about signing a player maker. NOW it seems the media, fans, experts all GET the fact we needed to do somethign except the Penguin (walrus) and Heckert!

    So let me take a second to call out those people and give then a chance to respond..

    chrisP_chicken choco,1 more season mikeyp72,Tim Couch Pulls Out ,hoorta ,marcus , miktoxic ,jrb12711 Zombo ,DieHardBrownsFan

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19956&st=80

  • I find it funny that the last 2 years now i have pounded my fist and complained about not signing a WR free agent. Last year when i complained and midway through the season people finnally saw the light all those who defended not signing a WR either dissappeared or denied it..

    This year the same thing is happening. Jake and I agued in this thread about signing a player maker. NOW it seems the media, fans, experts all GET the fact we needed to do somethign except the Penguin (walrus) and Heckert!

    So let me take a second to call out those people and give then a chance to respond..

    chrisP_chicken choco,1 more season mikeyp72,Tim Couch Pulls Out ,hoorta ,marcus , miktoxic ,jrb12711 Zombo ,DieHardBrownsFan

    http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19956&st=80

    @wrrebel said:

    I find it funny that the last 2 years now i have pounded my fist and complained about not signing a WR free agent. Last year when i complained and midway through the season people finnally saw the light all those who defended not signing a WR either dissappeared or denied it..

    This year the same thing is happening. Jake and I agued in this thread about signing a player maker. NOW it seems the media, fans, experts all GET the fact we needed to do somethign except the Penguin (walrus) and Heckert!

    So let me take a second to call out those people and give then a chance to respond..

    chrisP_chicken choco,1 more season mikeyp72,Tim Couch Pulls Out ,hoorta ,marcus , miktoxic ,jrb12711 Zombo ,DieHardBrownsFan

    http://thebrownsboar...pic=19956&st=80

    I think we should look for a high quality Jewish WR.

  • For forgot my name and I stick to my statement. Any guy we could have (or for all we know did) go after are not/did not want to come here and everyone else is either 1 year away from retiring ie not worth it, or a cancer ie OWENS. Ya it could have been great if we could have signed Rice (injury Prone, only one good year) Floyd (never had a 1000 yard season), Breaston (injury prone, no 1000 yard season), Jackson or Holmes (1 suspension away from missing whole seasons). There is not one FA WR that could be labeled anywhere near playmaker that we could have brought in to this team without it making our WR's worse off than they are now.

  • I've got no problem sign a WR if it's the right fit not some a-hole that will kill what's being built.

    What do you want to hear? That after 1 game the passing looked bad because of a poor o-line or gee wreb you've been right all along your a genius.

    Your not going to bait me into an online argument. Congratulations on doing it with Jake though. Good for you.

  • @wrrebel said:

    I find it funny that the last 2 years now i have pounded my fist and complained about not signing a WR free agent. Last year when i complained and midway through the season people finnally saw the light all those who defended not signing a WR either dissappeared or denied it..

    This year the same thing is happening. Jake and I agued in this thread about signing a player maker. NOW it seems the media, fans, experts all GET the fact we needed to do somethign except the Penguin (walrus) and Heckert!

    So let me take a second to call out those people and give then a chance to respond..

    chrisP_chicken choco,1 more season mikeyp72,Tim Couch Pulls Out ,hoorta ,marcus , miktoxic ,jrb12711 Zombo ,DieHardBrownsFan

    http://thebrownsboar...pic=19956&st=80

    I think we should look for a high quality Jewish WR.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think we should look for a high quality Jewish WR.

    You mean Julian Edelman??? he is only a half jew

  • I've got no problem sign a WR if it's the right fit not some a-hole that will kill what's being built.

    What do you want to hear? That after 1 game the passing looked bad because of a poor o-line or gee wreb you've been right all along your a genius.

    Your not going to bait me into an online argument. Congratulations on doing it with Jake though. Good for you.

    @1-more-season said:

    I've got no problem sign a WR if it's the right fit not some a-hole that will kill what's being built.

    What do you want to hear? That after 1 game the passing looked bad because of a poor o-line or gee wreb you've been right all along your a genius.

    Your not going to bait me into an online argument. Congratulations on doing it with Jake though. Good for you.

    What does that mean?? he's not arguing with me. Its just soo funny how people can't admit to what they said or just admit how they were wrong.

    Love the hate.

    Everyone thats disagreed with us before the year started are just to embarrassed to say "hey we were wrong and yes we do need a WR"

    Colts

    Pats

    Jets

    Saints

    Packers

    Steelers

    Texans

    etc..........

    All/Majority of the top NFL teams have solid WR core or Playmakers at the WR position

    You guys suck your wrong i love it we need a WR you know it buhhhh bye...Siggggnnnnnnnnnnn Heeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeee

    P.S. Who here plays madden and dosent somehow land a sweet WR to go to??????? If you didnt the game wouldnt be fun

  • I've got no problem sign a WR if it's the right fit not some a-hole that will kill what's being built.

    What do you want to hear? That after 1 game the passing looked bad because of a poor o-line or gee wreb you've been right all along your a genius.

    Your not going to bait me into an online argument. Congratulations on doing it with Jake though. Good for you.

    @1-more-season said:

    I've got no problem sign a WR if it's the right fit not some a-hole that will kill what's being built.

    What do you want to hear? That after 1 game the passing looked bad because of a poor o-line or gee wreb you've been right all along your a genius.

    Your not going to bait me into an online argument. Congratulations on doing it with Jake though. Good for you.

    thank you for making my point! It doesnt take a genius to tell we needed help at WR. It doesnt take a half whit to tell robiske shouldnt be on an NFL roster..

    So why doesnt Heckert and Holmgren see it!!

    We deserve better than the shit they are putting on the field!

  • I'm sure they see it. The must not have been someone available and willing to come to the browns.

  • jesus christ man, it's been one god damn game! Do you think anyone ever in the history of statistics bases a whole body of work on one sample? You and Ghoolie are literally worthless to this site. I swear to God you want the browns to be bad simply so you can make your worthless lives better by getting a self-esteem boost on this board. We played poorly despite having a completely shortened off-season, brand new head coach and coordinators, and rookies in many positions. I said that i didn't think Robo fits the bill. I'm not going to say shit about you being "right" based on one bad game. Get a grip and get off your high horse. I'll tell you what, if the rookies don't show promise by the midway point in the season, I will write you a formal apology. But for you and Ghoolie to make these dumbass posts on one game just makes you look like a five year old child.

  • jesus christ man, it's been one god damn game! Do you think anyone ever in the history of statistics bases a whole body of work on one sample? You and Ghoolie are literally worthless to this site. I swear to God you want the browns to be bad simply so you can make your worthless lives better by getting a self-esteem boost on this board. We played poorly despite having a completely shortened off-season, brand new head coach and coordinators, and rookies in many positions. I said that i didn't think Robo fits the bill. I'm not going to say shit about you being "right" based on one bad game. Get a grip and get off your high horse. I'll tell you what, if the rookies don't show promise by the midway point in the season, I will write you a formal apology. But for you and Ghoolie to make these dumbass posts on one game just makes you look like a five year old child.

    @jrb12711 said:

    jesus christ man, it's been one god damn game! Do you think anyone ever in the history of statistics bases a whole body of work on one sample? You and Ghoolie are literally worthless to this site. I swear to God you want the browns to be bad simply so you can make your worthless lives better by getting a self-esteem boost on this board. We played poorly despite having a completely shortened off-season, brand new head coach and coordinators, and rookies in many positions. I said that i didn't think Robo fits the bill. I'm not going to say shit about you being "right" based on one bad game. Get a grip and get off your high horse. I'll tell you what, if the rookies don't show promise by the midway point in the season, I will write you a formal apology. But for you and Ghoolie to make these dumbass posts on one game just makes you look like a five year old child.

    1 game dude??? Robiske and momass are in there 3rd year.. I have said many times i wish i was wrong. I would rather be wrong than put up with losing.. Im sorry that I want a winner..

    losers go home and cry about there best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen!

  • @jrb12711 said:

    jesus christ man, it's been one god damn game! Do you think anyone ever in the history of statistics bases a whole body of work on one sample? You and Ghoolie are literally worthless to this site. I swear to God you want the browns to be bad simply so you can make your worthless lives better by getting a self-esteem boost on this board. We played poorly despite having a completely shortened off-season, brand new head coach and coordinators, and rookies in many positions. I said that i didn't think Robo fits the bill. I'm not going to say shit about you being "right" based on one bad game. Get a grip and get off your high horse. I'll tell you what, if the rookies don't show promise by the midway point in the season, I will write you a formal apology. But for you and Ghoolie to make these dumbass posts on one game just makes you look like a five year old child.

    1 game dude??? Robiske and momass are in there 3rd year.. I have said many times i wish i was wrong. I would rather be wrong than put up with losing.. Im sorry that I want a winner..

    losers go home and cry about there best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen!

    @wrrebel said:

    1 game dude??? Robiske and momass are in there 3rd year.. I have said many times i wish i was wrong. I would rather be wrong than put up with losing.. Im sorry that I want a winner..

    losers go home and cry about there best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen!

    I literally just stated in my post that I don't think Robo fits the bill. Can you not read? as for momass, his QB's have been a mixture of Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace and a rookie Colt McCoy. I mean seriously dude, what do you expect from that? Look what Larry Fitz did last year with bum QB's....jack shit. It doesn't just fall on WR's clearly, but it's obviously a waste of time explaining that to you further.

  • I blocked this guy and this board has been so much nicer ever since. Responding to him is the biggest waste of time.

  • I blocked this guy and this board has been so much nicer ever since. Responding to him is the biggest waste of time.

    @blowe said:

    I blocked this guy and this board has been so much nicer ever since. Responding to him is the biggest waste of time.

    Blah blah blah.... His name says it all "blow" with his gay ass chuck norris avatar..

  • just curious, did you just coincidentally not respond to my point or do you just not want to accept it as truth?

  • @wrrebel said:

    1 game dude??? Robiske and momass are in there 3rd year.. I have said many times i wish i was wrong. I would rather be wrong than put up with losing.. Im sorry that I want a winner..

    losers go home and cry about there best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen!

    I literally just stated in my post that I don't think Robo fits the bill. Can you not read? as for momass, his QB's have been a mixture of Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace and a rookie Colt McCoy. I mean seriously dude, what do you expect from that? Look what Larry Fitz did last year with bum QB's....jack shit. It doesn't just fall on WR's clearly, but it's obviously a waste of time explaining that to you further.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I literally just stated in my post that I don't think Robo fits the bill. Can you not read? as for momass, his QB's have been a mixture of Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace and a rookie Colt McCoy. I mean seriously dude, what do you expect from that? Look what Larry Fitz did last year with bum QB's....jack shit. It doesn't just fall on WR's clearly, but it's obviously a waste of time explaining that to you further.

    well i was on my cell phone before so i missed over ur quote.. Robo is slow, i see you said he doesnt fit the bill. So why is he on our roster. Your right about Momass on a team with a good number 1 wr he could be a solid number 2 o3 3 wr. But he will never be a number 1.

    Really Larry Fitz did jack shit??? Do you follow football?? I wouldnt call 90 receptions 1137 yrds and 6tds jack shit.. Obviously you dont play madden or you would know his stats!!

    come back at me when you actually watch football

  • This team is 1 (ONE) STUD wide receiver from being a decent team. It's like the only thing missing. We have nothing to stretch the field and nothing that is remotely a dangerous weapon running routes.

    You fools must enjoy 6-10 seasons

  • This team is 1 (ONE) STUD wide receiver from being a decent team. It's like the only thing missing. We have nothing to stretch the field and nothing that is remotely a dangerous weapon running routes.

    You fools must enjoy 6-10 seasons

    Chickenwang said:

    This team is 1 (ONE) STUD wide receiver from being a decent team. It's like the only thing missing. We have nothing to stretch the field and nothing that is remotely a dangerous weapon running routes.

    You fools must enjoy 6-10 seasons

    The team is just a solid (notice I said solid, as is avererage) RG and RT away from being a good team. We get blocks, we get more completed passes. Detroit has a great WR, but not a solid OL. There defense can only do so much when Stafford gets pressured and sacked all the time (and hurts his pussy shoulder in the process). Do I think we need to address OL in the first round this year. Hell now, we already have two 1st round picks there, but it needs to be looked into in the 2nd and 3rd round and a real solid player needs signed in FA. Do those things before a play making WR is picked up.

  • I disagree with alot of people because i think in order for Colt to suceed we need to surround him with some playmakers,the TE position is set as well as Hillis in the backfeild we just need to give him another option on the outside for teams to respect are offense...I think Greg Little is going to be a stud but i also think he could use another big playmaker next to him..

    Next Year we should be looking at one of the following-Blackmon,Jeffery or Broyles all three are going to be stars at the next level...

    And if you dont think we could use one just ask Colt how happy he'd be to be able to throw to one of them.

  • I disagree with alot of people because i think in order for Colt to suceed we need to surround him with some playmakers,the TE position is set as well as Hillis in the backfeild we just need to give him another option on the outside for teams to respect are offense...I think Greg Little is going to be a stud but i also think he could use another big playmaker next to him..

    Next Year we should be looking at one of the following-Blackmon,Jeffery or Broyles all three are going to be stars at the next level...

    And if you dont think we could use one just ask Colt how happy he'd be to be able to throw to one of them.

    @nw220 said:

    I disagree with alot of people because i think in order for Colt to suceed we need to surround him with some playmakers,the TE position is set as well as Hillis in the backfeild we just need to give him another option on the outside for teams to respect are offense...I think Greg Little is going to be a stud but i also think he could use another big playmaker next to him..

    Next Year we should be looking at one of the following-Blackmon,Jeffery or Broyles all three are going to be stars at the next level...

    And if you dont think we could use one just ask Colt how happy he'd be to be able to throw to one of them.

    Agree............Blackmon sweepstakes!!!

    LETS GO IRISH

    Except for the Greg Little being a stud......not sure why soooooo man people have such high expectatons for this guy...esp since he played three seasons at UNC, with his freshman year he was a running back, and junior year only caught 60 something passes for 700 yds.....not impressed

  • Respond to what? You think if we signed a free agent WR he would have alerted the defense that the Bengals were in formation or actually tackled Cedric Benson from off the bench?

    No, I didn't watch that game and say "Boy, we should have signed a f/a WR". Not at all.

    Right now a veteran WR would just keep Little off the field, and I want him on it.

    That's why we drafted him.

    It's all about the draft right now, Grasshopper.

    Let the team grow. Anyone panicking after one game needs a visit from the Ghost of NFL Seasons Past.

    Zombo

    I love ur optimism. I use to be the same way then i went to rehab 🙂

    pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory last for ever!