Skip to content

What's Going On With Peyton Hillis?

The Browns Board
66 32 4.3k
  • S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Like everyone has said, defenses are gameplanning for him now, the O-line is depleted and we lost Vickers. Plus going to a new offense that is more pass happy, it will take a while for Hillis to adjust. As Hillis showed in the Indy game, he still has the ability to be explosive.

  • @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    I appreciate the fact that you showed your work in coming to this opinion but you are way off. The Dolphins are not good at all. Trust me, I don't have the ticket and have to watch enough of their games down here. They may beat the Browns but they are not much better if any.

    They haven't looked bad this season IMO. I'm not saying they are world beaters and honestly they may not even be a playoff team BUT they've done some good things in week 1 and 2. My point was you can't base your opinion on the Dolphins by their YPG given up or their defense for that matter. They played two elite offenses in week 1 and 2. They are better than both the Colts and the Bengals but as you eluded it is a winnable game for the Browns. I just don't see it happening.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
    #54

    Homotron said:

    They haven't looked bad this season IMO. I'm not saying they are world beaters and honestly they may not even be a playoff team BUT they've done some good things in week 1 and 2. My point was you can't base your opinion on the Dolphins by their YPG given up or their defense for that matter. They played two elite offenses in week 1 and 2. They are better than both the Colts and the Bengals but as you eluded it is a winnable game for the Browns. I just don't see it happening.

    I'd have to agree with Homo here. I watched the Phins/Pats game and the Phins looked pretty decent. I was amazed that Daboll wasn't doing run, run, pass like he did over here.

    I know we've beaten the Phins the last few times we've played them, but they look much improved and their offense is pretty darn good. Just be leery.

    IMO, I see the Browns offense not being able to keep up with the Phins offense. I don't think the Browns offense will put up enough points to win this one.

    Hope i'm wrong.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Why is it "big deal, we beat a "hobbled Colts", when

    the Browns won, are are hobbled on the offensive line, and Hardesty was injured,

    and GoCong was injured, and MoMass was injured. Good grief.

    Anyways, there isn't any freakin thing wrong with Hillis, fer cryin out loud:

    ************************************************************************

    GM Tom Heckert blames Peyton Hillis' 3.4 yards per carry average on changes in personnel on the offensive line.

    "Obviously, we want him to be better," said Heckert, "but ... new left guard, new right tackle, new fullback, new offense. It's gonna come. I really think we're gonna be able to run the ball." Hillis' low per-carry average goes back to last season when he wore down under a heavy workload. Since Week 10 of the 2010 season, he's averaged just 3.67 yards per carry.

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by 1 more season
    #56

    Hillis not practicing today. The Browns say he is sick but will be fine by Sunday.

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by Represent
    #57

    To answer your original post, it's plain and simple why the run game is slightly off, Eric Steinbach being MIA, and Lawrence Vickers moving on... But once these new guys in those slot's feel their roles in peyton's run style i think he'll get another 20-35 yards a game and average something around 107.4 yards a game when this season ends.

  • G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by Gafreleets
    #58

    what's wrong with hillis?

    two words................

    madden curse.

  • G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by
    #59

    i'm just sayin.

  • S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Was hoping the curse wouldn't happen to him since he wasn't selected by the Madden people to be on the cover, instead he won a tournament based on fan votes. I didn't vote for this reason. If he does suffer from the curse then the only one to blame are the fans.

  • Was hoping the curse wouldn't happen to him since he wasn't selected by the Madden people to be on the cover, instead he won a tournament based on fan votes. I didn't vote for this reason. If he does suffer from the curse then the only one to blame are the fans.

    R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @sheepdog said:

    Was hoping the curse wouldn't happen to him since he wasn't selected by the Madden people to be on the cover, instead he won a tournament based on fan votes. I didn't vote for this reason. If he does suffer from the curse then the only one to blame are the fans.

    Ya when he ends the season with 1300 Yards and 17 touchdowns he is for real cursed.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Looks like Hillis might not be playing this week. They found out his illness was strep throat and Cabot just reported on Twitter that Hillis was seen getting his car from valet and leaving the stadium.

    https://twitter.com/#!/MaryKayCabot

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #63

    That sucks. Can't have him infecting the rest of the team though.

  • BodogjoeB Bodogjoe wrote on last edited by
    #64

    I just hope it truly is just strep throat. Whenever something like this happens, I always have a fear in the back of my mind that its more then they are saying. "Oh he has strep" Then it comes out he was involved in a double homicide.

  • I just hope it truly is just strep throat. Whenever something like this happens, I always have a fear in the back of my mind that its more then they are saying. "Oh he has strep" Then it comes out he was involved in a double homicide.

    1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @bodogjoe said:

    I just hope it truly is just strep throat. Whenever something like this happens, I always have a fear in the back of my mind that its more then they are saying. "Oh he has strep" Then it comes out he was involved in a double homicide.

    That's the Bengals or R. Lewis.

  • what's wrong with hillis?

    two words................

    madden curse.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @gafreleets said:

    what's wrong with hillis?

    two words................

    madden curse.

    Do you really believe in that sort of thing? If so then you must believe that such a curse can be reversed. Therefore I shall now do so with a simple "prayer" or incantation. Here it goes:

    "Grant O Gods and Goddesses, to Payton Hillis thy protection

    and in protection, strength

    and in strength, understanding

    and in understanding, knowledge

    and in knowledge, the knowledge of justice

    and in the knowledge of justice, the love of it

    and in the love of it, the love of all existences

    and in the love of all existences, the love of the Gods and Goddesses and all Goodness"

    Now watch. Payton Hillis will be named the MVP of the NFL!!!