Skip to content

Aaron Curry

The Browns Board
38 18 3.1k
  • I think a 7th Round pick would be worth the risk on this guy. He was a stud at Wake. He might not have panned out thus far in the NFL, but for a 7th Round pick it would be worth a shot.

  • Lol...yeah, its obvious that giving gocong an extension means we're never gonna get another linebacker....that's the stupidest shit I've heard yet.

    And curry....again, hes been freaking terrible. Does anyone really think adding a linebacker worse than what we have on the practice squad is gonna make that group better? Why even waste a pick....cause the kid could play college ball? What does that have to do with anything?

    This is xxxxing comical....that anyone is suggesting giving up s draft pick for a Guy who has proved he can't play at this level because....he was good in college? Lmao....wow. that pretty sad.....

    We should have got the track star Mays as well right? Awesome in college....maybin and gholston were beasts! Except they all suck now. Draft slotting and college performance does not mean said player is good....some are obviously busts. But giving up picks....even a 7th...for a proven bust is some of the dumbest shit I think I've heard around here....far, far dumber than the cries for TO

  • Gocong is a beast compared to Curry.

    We allready have special teams players so we don't need Curry. It would be a waste to give up a draft pick for him.

  • In the violent sport of football, i like thugs!

    With gocong getting a 3 year deal we can forget about getting any quality LBs and im not sure curry is any good anyhow..

    I dont like the gocong extension cuz i see the guy as mediocre however coach shurmur calls mediocre "solid" so we are stuck with him..

    Personally i seen this team as being only a few good draft picks or even a couple young FAs away from a really solid defense but now i see it as being weak at both OLBs and perhaps FS not unlike the eagles and it was a bad decision by heckert to pay 16.7m for this level of talent imho..

    I dont dislike gocong or fujita they are mediocre but serviceable, i just call it how i see it from a talent perspective and we could have gotten better and really strengthened up this defense..

    @gips said:

    In the violent sport of football, i like thugs!

    With gocong getting a 3 year deal we can forget about getting any quality LBs and im not sure curry is any good anyhow..

    I dont like the gocong extension cuz i see the guy as mediocre however coach shurmur calls mediocre "solid" so we are stuck with him..

    Personally i seen this team as being only a few good draft picks or even a couple young FAs away from a really solid defense but now i see it as being weak at both OLBs and perhaps FS not unlike the eagles and it was a bad decision by heckert to pay 16.7m for this level of talent imho..

    I dont dislike gocong or fujita they are mediocre but serviceable, i just call it how i see it from a talent perspective and we could have gotten better and really strengthened up this defense..

    So by resigning Gocong, we aren't able to acquire any more FA's, were now more than a couple key pieces away from being a contender as opposed to being on the cusp right before this resigning, and we are now worse off than we were last week.

    Enlighten us some more of your football insight.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, we CAN use a linebacker. If this guy is available, he may be worth a look, expecially if the price is reasonable.

    More than Lofa Tatupu who is a free agent also? unless he caught aid's what the xxxx imo.

    @represent said:

    More than Lofa Tatupu who is a free agent also? unless he caught aid's what the xxxx imo.

    Bring em both in for a try. I don't mind....if it means an upgrade in our LB corps. Though right now I think the Browns are gonna stick with what they have unless an injury occurs. The upgrade...hopefully...will come in next year's draft.

  • I say if all it costs us is a 6th or 7th round pick then go for it. It will provide us with some depth and a chance for Curry to learn from Jauron, DQJ and Fujita. Then he may prove to be worth the risk.

  • Lol...yeah, its obvious that giving gocong an extension means we're never gonna get another linebacker....that's the stupidest shit I've heard yet.

    And curry....again, hes been freaking terrible. Does anyone really think adding a linebacker worse than what we have on the practice squad is gonna make that group better? Why even waste a pick....cause the kid could play college ball? What does that have to do with anything?

    This is xxxxing comical....that anyone is suggesting giving up s draft pick for a Guy who has proved he can't play at this level because....he was good in college? Lmao....wow. that pretty sad.....

    We should have got the track star Mays as well right? Awesome in college....maybin and gholston were beasts! Except they all suck now. Draft slotting and college performance does not mean said player is good....some are obviously busts. But giving up picks....even a 7th...for a proven bust is some of the dumbest shit I think I've heard around here....far, far dumber than the cries for TO

    @choco said:

    Lol...yeah, its obvious that giving gocong an extension means we're never gonna get another linebacker....that's the stupidest shit I've heard yet.

    And curry....again, hes been freaking terrible. Does anyone really think adding a linebacker worse than what we have on the practice squad is gonna make that group better? Why even waste a pick....cause the kid could play college ball? What does that have to do with anything?

    This is xxxxing comical....that anyone is suggesting giving up s draft pick for a Guy who has proved he can't play at this level because....he was good in college? Lmao....wow. that pretty sad.....

    We should have got the track star Mays as well right? Awesome in college....maybin and gholston were beasts! Except they all suck now. Draft slotting and college performance does not mean said player is good....some are obviously busts. But giving up picks....even a 7th...for a proven bust is some of the dumbest shit I think I've heard around here....far, far dumber than the cries for TO

    They were bust's at the draft slot they were taken and money they were making...so far, it's still early...sometimes players just need a fire lit under them, getting cut should motivate anyone. These guys can still play in this league, just not at the money they were making. Lets face it, being a millionaire before playing a down can have a huge effect on a young kid.

  • After watching Fujita jog 80 yards after the Titans TE, I think someone better get on the horn somewhere...

  • After watching Fujita jog 80 yards after the Titans TE, I think someone better get on the horn somewhere...

    @hx214 said:

    After watching Fujita jog 80 yards after the Titans TE, I think someone better get on the horn somewhere...

    [/quote]

    exactly. thank you. that was the exclamation point to the case that those of us who say at least take a look at the guy.

  • Zombo said:

    Never liked him. At all. The same people that loved him loved Brady Quinn. I think they own a Broncos Board now.

    Z

    CasserlyCBS Charley Casserly

    by AaronAloysius

    Aaron Curry-I interviewed 25 teams before the draft about him. All of them had him in the top 10. Most in top 5.

    I would say you are pretty wrong on that point.

  • If 7th rounder is all it takes; I think it is worth a shot.

  • If 7th rounder is all it takes; I think it is worth a shot.

    @brownindian said:

    If 7th rounder is all it takes; I think it is worth a shot.

    How about if we trade a can of out dated tuna for him instead.

  • @brownindian said:

    If 7th rounder is all it takes; I think it is worth a shot.

    How about if we trade a can of out dated tuna for him instead.

    @mr.-t said:

    How about if we trade a can of out dated tuna for him instead.

    Can an outdated Tuna tackle ?

  • @mr.-t said:

    How about if we trade a can of out dated tuna for him instead.

    Can an outdated Tuna tackle ?

    @brownindian said:

    Can an outdated Tuna tackle ?

    I havent seen Parcells hit anybody in a couple years, so no.

    BOOM.

  • If 7th rounder is all it takes; I think it is worth a shot.

    @brownindian said:

    If 7th rounder is all it takes; I think it is worth a shot.

    Actually, I believe they got a 7th rounder next year, and another conditional pick for the following year.

  • we'll all be kicking ourselves in the ass by the end of the year when this guy goes bananas and we got gocong doing shit.

  • Man, good thing we didn't give up that 7th round pick for this guy. Don't want to build depth with a young guy with all kinds of upside.

    Raiders pick him up and start him day one....

    Old man Scott goes down with a head injury and we play a practice squader.

  • WE ARE THE ROBOTS - kraftwerk.

    can't get out of our own way from being so dumb.

    does anyone with anything have the balls to do anything??? we are sooo dumb.

  • we'll all be kicking ourselves in the ass by the end of the year when this guy goes bananas and we got gocong doing shit.

    @miktoxic said:

    we'll all be kicking ourselves in the ass by the end of the year when this guy goes bananas and we got gocong doing shit.

    End of the year? How about around sunset yesterday?