Skip to content

Aaron Curry

The Browns Board
38 18 3.1k
  • Remember how all of us were clamoring over LB Aaron Curry a few years back and many of us were disappointed when he didnt fall to us? I certainly wanted the LB from Wake Forest that year, anyway, he has been demoted on the Seahawks D and according to ESPN NFL Rumors Insider he is available and a 7th rounder is the best Seattle would be able to get for him (for financial obligations). We could use another LB, maybe worth a look to take a flier on...

  • He is a good player that does not fit into the Seattle system. A 7th rounder? Heck ya! He is not a head case or a locker room cancer either.

    H & H need to be on the phone and let Holmgren ask for the the old team association discount.

    Thomaspro

  • Well, we CAN use a linebacker. If this guy is available, he may be worth a look, expecially if the price is reasonable.

  • all for it. i mean, can all the scouts be this wrong, again???

    i like deals like this get a guy who still has so much upside potential, not hurt, young and not an a-hole.

    why not?

  • all for it. i mean, can all the scouts be this wrong, again???

    i like deals like this get a guy who still has so much upside potential, not hurt, young and not an a-hole.

    why not?

    @miktoxic said:

    all for it. i mean, can all the scouts be this wrong, again???

    i like deals like this get a guy who still has so much upside potential, not hurt, young and not an a-hole.

    why not?

    Why not? Because it's the Browns. That's why.

    I'd love to see it, though.

  • Really??? Have u guys watched him at all??? I know he was not in the ideal system for his skills. But the guy is consistently out of postion and when he is in position to make a play he some how blows it...

    Pass!

  • Finally agree with rebel....

    He does fit their 4-3....why the xxxx would he fit ours?

    Jesus....

  • Doesn't...

  • I said back before he was drafted that he sucked.

    I'm glad we didn't waste a draft pick on him.

  • Not fair. I like Brady Quinn. I think he's a completely viable third string QB.

  • Remember how all of us were clamoring over LB Aaron Curry a few years back and many of us were disappointed when he didnt fall to us? I certainly wanted the LB from Wake Forest that year, anyway, he has been demoted on the Seahawks D and according to ESPN NFL Rumors Insider he is available and a 7th rounder is the best Seattle would be able to get for him (for financial obligations). We could use another LB, maybe worth a look to take a flier on...

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    Remember how all of us were clamoring over LB Aaron Curry a few years back and many of us were disappointed when he didnt fall to us? I certainly wanted the LB from Wake Forest that year, anyway, he has been demoted on the Seahawks D and according to ESPN NFL Rumors Insider he is available and a 7th rounder is the best Seattle would be able to get for him (for financial obligations). We could use another LB, maybe worth a look to take a flier on...

    He was demoted last week I believe. You boys are slow to the punch 🙂 He's not a 4-3 LB, he's better suited for the 3-4 as a ILB in my opinion. I doubt the Browns give him a look because of that fact.

  • @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    Remember how all of us were clamoring over LB Aaron Curry a few years back and many of us were disappointed when he didnt fall to us? I certainly wanted the LB from Wake Forest that year, anyway, he has been demoted on the Seahawks D and according to ESPN NFL Rumors Insider he is available and a 7th rounder is the best Seattle would be able to get for him (for financial obligations). We could use another LB, maybe worth a look to take a flier on...

    He was demoted last week I believe. You boys are slow to the punch 🙂 He's not a 4-3 LB, he's better suited for the 3-4 as a ILB in my opinion. I doubt the Browns give him a look because of that fact.

    Homotron said:

    He was demoted last week I believe. You boys are slow to the punch 🙂 He's not a 4-3 LB, he's better suited for the 3-4 as a ILB in my opinion. I doubt the Browns give him a look because of that fact.

    Our LBs are not very good (despite DQJ winning AFC Defensive Player of the Month...I didn't see that coming at all).

    Like I said, he may be worth a look. If he is a fish that is too small then throw him back in the lake.

  • 7th rounder? That's bargain bin pricing! I'd say at the very least you are adding young depth to a young team. Later on in the season when Chicken Fajita goes down because of osteoporosis they are probably going to need a young healthy guy with experience to fill in. Its low risk either way, might lose a 7th rounder, or might hit a home run.

    Although I would like to see Titus get some PT in that situation, what is the word on his injury?

  • yeah he's gotta be better than most of our 7th rounders we have. even if you play him on special teams just to see what he can do. sometimes it takes guys 2-3 years to play at their potential. i know he was fast that's something we're lacking with our LBS, maybe jauron can do something with the kid?

  • I would have like to have seen us pick up Maybin after the Jets let him go...

    He looked good in the preseason...

    Jets must have seen something too... They reigned him yesterday.

    Bummer.

    I'm down with Curry. He was great at Wake.

  • I would have like to have seen us pick up Maybin after the Jets let him go...

    He looked good in the preseason...

    Jets must have seen something too... They reigned him yesterday.

    Bummer.

    I'm down with Curry. He was great at Wake.

    @alporcini said:

    I would have like to have seen us pick up Maybin after the Jets let him go...

    He looked good in the preseason...

    Jets must have seen something too... They reigned him yesterday.

    Bummer.

    I'm down with Curry. He was great at Wake.

    The identity of the Jets defense is having somebody on the roster who has yet to record an NFL sack.

    They had a solid defense with Gholston riding the bench. Then he left and the defensive woes began. Ryan is superstitious and feels like adding a similar player, such as Maybin, will bring them back.

  • In the violent sport of football, i like thugs!

    With gocong getting a 3 year deal we can forget about getting any quality LBs and im not sure curry is any good anyhow..

    I dont like the gocong extension cuz i see the guy as mediocre however coach shurmur calls mediocre "solid" so we are stuck with him..

    Personally i seen this team as being only a few good draft picks or even a couple young FAs away from a really solid defense but now i see it as being weak at both OLBs and perhaps FS not unlike the eagles and it was a bad decision by heckert to pay 16.7m for this level of talent imho..

    I dont dislike gocong or fujita they are mediocre but serviceable, i just call it how i see it from a talent perspective and we could have gotten better and really strengthened up this defense..

  • Well, we CAN use a linebacker. If this guy is available, he may be worth a look, expecially if the price is reasonable.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, we CAN use a linebacker. If this guy is available, he may be worth a look, expecially if the price is reasonable.

    More than Lofa Tatupu who is a free agent also? unless he caught aid's what the xxxx imo.

  • I think a 7th Round pick would be worth the risk on this guy. He was a stud at Wake. He might not have panned out thus far in the NFL, but for a 7th Round pick it would be worth a shot.

  • Lol...yeah, its obvious that giving gocong an extension means we're never gonna get another linebacker....that's the stupidest shit I've heard yet.

    And curry....again, hes been freaking terrible. Does anyone really think adding a linebacker worse than what we have on the practice squad is gonna make that group better? Why even waste a pick....cause the kid could play college ball? What does that have to do with anything?

    This is xxxxing comical....that anyone is suggesting giving up s draft pick for a Guy who has proved he can't play at this level because....he was good in college? Lmao....wow. that pretty sad.....

    We should have got the track star Mays as well right? Awesome in college....maybin and gholston were beasts! Except they all suck now. Draft slotting and college performance does not mean said player is good....some are obviously busts. But giving up picks....even a 7th...for a proven bust is some of the dumbest shit I think I've heard around here....far, far dumber than the cries for TO