Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. After 4 Weeks

After 4 Weeks

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
6 Posts 5 Posters 578 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
    • 891 Posts
    • 80 Reputation
    tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
    #1

    After 4 weeks in the NFL season, here are my thoughts

    If we do not fix our Offense in the bye week, we might not win another game. This is what I would do.

    Hillis needs to carry the bal 15-20 times, now I am a big fan of Hardesty, and think Hardesty will be great in the WCO. This offense is just not there yet. I understand that they are force feeding this offense, but really need to use the tools you have. I aslo think the Browns do not give Hillis a huge contract because of Hardesty, Anyways Hillis 15-20 touches a game. Hardesty 10-15 touches. Colt is not a good QB, I have been saying this since we drafted him. He is just like Wynn,Frye,Quinn, he just is teh 2011 version. Undersized, ok arm, is really not that all accurate as everybody thinks ( ask Watson). People say he is a leader. Really he is leading us to what??? Our run/pass needs to be 60/40. I like what I see in Cribbs and Little, those two are playmakers but Colt has to trust them on making plays..Throw them the ball!!!! (that is what Stafford does with Megatron, I know they are npw where close to his skills)

    1 problem is, is that Shurmer knows he is not getting fired anytime, he thinks he getting a free pass. I am fine with that I do not think we should fire anyone, but we have to improve every week, and we are not. You give Moore more money to sit on the bench?? He has the best hands on the team

    Fact is that the 4 teams we played, I do not think they are more talented. I think we were just out coached and out hussled. Our coming up schedule with Oak, Hou they have more talent. Cincy, Miami, Tenn. Are not more talented than us. Indy has more talent everywhere, but no QB

    Andrew Luck will be the next great QB in the NFL. Some of you have agrued that he could be a Russel,leaf, etc etc. The difference is that he stayed in school for 4 years, is very smart and has a great head on his shoulders. Alot of bust QBs that come from collage are 1 yr wonders..

    This Browns team is not very good, yes we won 2 games both of those teams have not won a game yet, and are really not good.

    On Offense the only ones who should feel safe our: Thomas, Mack, Cribbs, Little. I really do not think our Coach likes Hillis. I do not think he is safe at all

    Defense: Haden, Jackson, Ward, and our front 4 to 5

    Thats it 11 to 12 players, I know not everyone is going to be a super star, but have to have a roll to be good at.

    Losing Vickers was a really bad move by our front office!!!!!

    1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I agree with you on certain points about how this team should be distributing its plays. In an average game, an offense usually runs 75 plays. Of those 75 plays the Browns should be doing as follows:

      Hillis should be getting 25 carries a game.

      Hardesty should be getting 15 carries a game.

      McCoy should be making about 30 throws per game (not freeking 60)

      That is 70 plays. The other 5 could be things like reverses to a WR. A fullback dive play, or a 3rd string RB play, or maybe a couple or three other throws....but that's it.

      I guess being down 21-6 dictated more throwing....but no way should it have been 61 throws.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • WRREBEL WRREBELW
        • 2k Posts
        • 87 Reputation
        WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
        #3

        The problem is we are still not talented enough top over come mistakes and poor play calling..

        I look at a couple plays in this game, that destroyed us. First small play was the dumb reverse to Cribbs down byt the titans end of the field. We lose 7 yards..

        The biggest play was the 4 and 1 toss to aldon smith.. This was a killer. Not only did we not score but we let them score to really put the game out of reach..

        Throw is some poor tackling and mccoys horrible INT.

        This team should not have signed Gocong to an extension.. Fujuti is terrible now, osama young blows..

        If my daddy Gruden was here things would be different

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
          • 891 Posts
          • 80 Reputation
          tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I like Gruden, but I live in Tampa and he just does not know how to devolp a young QB. If he had a team like the Eagles who have a ton a talent, but are underacheiving he couldtake that team to the superbowl.

          Other teams he wouldbe a great fit

          Oakland

          San Diego

          Altanta

          Both New York teams

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • tampadawgsT tampadawgs

            After 4 weeks in the NFL season, here are my thoughts

            If we do not fix our Offense in the bye week, we might not win another game. This is what I would do.

            Hillis needs to carry the bal 15-20 times, now I am a big fan of Hardesty, and think Hardesty will be great in the WCO. This offense is just not there yet. I understand that they are force feeding this offense, but really need to use the tools you have. I aslo think the Browns do not give Hillis a huge contract because of Hardesty, Anyways Hillis 15-20 touches a game. Hardesty 10-15 touches. Colt is not a good QB, I have been saying this since we drafted him. He is just like Wynn,Frye,Quinn, he just is teh 2011 version. Undersized, ok arm, is really not that all accurate as everybody thinks ( ask Watson). People say he is a leader. Really he is leading us to what??? Our run/pass needs to be 60/40. I like what I see in Cribbs and Little, those two are playmakers but Colt has to trust them on making plays..Throw them the ball!!!! (that is what Stafford does with Megatron, I know they are npw where close to his skills)

            1 problem is, is that Shurmer knows he is not getting fired anytime, he thinks he getting a free pass. I am fine with that I do not think we should fire anyone, but we have to improve every week, and we are not. You give Moore more money to sit on the bench?? He has the best hands on the team

            Fact is that the 4 teams we played, I do not think they are more talented. I think we were just out coached and out hussled. Our coming up schedule with Oak, Hou they have more talent. Cincy, Miami, Tenn. Are not more talented than us. Indy has more talent everywhere, but no QB

            Andrew Luck will be the next great QB in the NFL. Some of you have agrued that he could be a Russel,leaf, etc etc. The difference is that he stayed in school for 4 years, is very smart and has a great head on his shoulders. Alot of bust QBs that come from collage are 1 yr wonders..

            This Browns team is not very good, yes we won 2 games both of those teams have not won a game yet, and are really not good.

            On Offense the only ones who should feel safe our: Thomas, Mack, Cribbs, Little. I really do not think our Coach likes Hillis. I do not think he is safe at all

            Defense: Haden, Jackson, Ward, and our front 4 to 5

            Thats it 11 to 12 players, I know not everyone is going to be a super star, but have to have a roll to be good at.

            Losing Vickers was a really bad move by our front office!!!!!

            1 more season 1 more season1
            • 659 Posts
            • 30 Reputation
            1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tampadawgs said:

            After 4 weeks in the NFL season, here are my thoughts

            If we do not fix our Offense in the bye week, we might not win another game. This is what I would do.

            Hillis needs to carry the bal 15-20 times, now I am a big fan of Hardesty, and think Hardesty will be great in the WCO. This offense is just not there yet. I understand that they are force feeding this offense, but really need to use the tools you have. I aslo think the Browns do not give Hillis a huge contract because of Hardesty, Anyways Hillis 15-20 touches a game. Hardesty 10-15 touches. Colt is not a good QB, I have been saying this since we drafted him. He is just like Wynn,Frye,Quinn, he just is teh 2011 version. Undersized, ok arm, is really not that all accurate as everybody thinks ( ask Watson). People say he is a leader. Really he is leading us to what??? Our run/pass needs to be 60/40. I like what I see in Cribbs and Little, those two are playmakers but Colt has to trust them on making plays..Throw them the ball!!!! (that is what Stafford does with Megatron, I know they are npw where close to his skills)

            1 problem is, is that Shurmer knows he is not getting fired anytime, he thinks he getting a free pass. I am fine with that I do not think we should fire anyone, but we have to improve every week, and we are not. You give Moore more money to sit on the bench?? He has the best hands on the team

            Fact is that the 4 teams we played, I do not think they are more talented. I think we were just out coached and out hussled. Our coming up schedule with Oak, Hou they have more talent. Cincy, Miami, Tenn. Are not more talented than us. Indy has more talent everywhere, but no QB

            Andrew Luck will be the next great QB in the NFL. Some of you have agrued that he could be a Russel,leaf, etc etc. The difference is that he stayed in school for 4 years, is very smart and has a great head on his shoulders. Alot of bust QBs that come from collage are 1 yr wonders..

            This Browns team is not very good, yes we won 2 games both of those teams have not won a game yet, and are really not good.

            On Offense the only ones who should feel safe our: Thomas, Mack, Cribbs, Little. I really do not think our Coach likes Hillis. I do not think he is safe at all

            Defense: Haden, Jackson, Ward, and our front 4 to 5

            Thats it 11 to 12 players, I know not everyone is going to be a super star, but have to have a roll to be good at.

            Losing Vickers was a really bad move by our front office!!!!!

            Matt Leinart stayed in school for 4 years

            Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
            htownbrownH 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • 1 more season1 1 more season

              @tampadawgs said:

              After 4 weeks in the NFL season, here are my thoughts

              If we do not fix our Offense in the bye week, we might not win another game. This is what I would do.

              Hillis needs to carry the bal 15-20 times, now I am a big fan of Hardesty, and think Hardesty will be great in the WCO. This offense is just not there yet. I understand that they are force feeding this offense, but really need to use the tools you have. I aslo think the Browns do not give Hillis a huge contract because of Hardesty, Anyways Hillis 15-20 touches a game. Hardesty 10-15 touches. Colt is not a good QB, I have been saying this since we drafted him. He is just like Wynn,Frye,Quinn, he just is teh 2011 version. Undersized, ok arm, is really not that all accurate as everybody thinks ( ask Watson). People say he is a leader. Really he is leading us to what??? Our run/pass needs to be 60/40. I like what I see in Cribbs and Little, those two are playmakers but Colt has to trust them on making plays..Throw them the ball!!!! (that is what Stafford does with Megatron, I know they are npw where close to his skills)

              1 problem is, is that Shurmer knows he is not getting fired anytime, he thinks he getting a free pass. I am fine with that I do not think we should fire anyone, but we have to improve every week, and we are not. You give Moore more money to sit on the bench?? He has the best hands on the team

              Fact is that the 4 teams we played, I do not think they are more talented. I think we were just out coached and out hussled. Our coming up schedule with Oak, Hou they have more talent. Cincy, Miami, Tenn. Are not more talented than us. Indy has more talent everywhere, but no QB

              Andrew Luck will be the next great QB in the NFL. Some of you have agrued that he could be a Russel,leaf, etc etc. The difference is that he stayed in school for 4 years, is very smart and has a great head on his shoulders. Alot of bust QBs that come from collage are 1 yr wonders..

              This Browns team is not very good, yes we won 2 games both of those teams have not won a game yet, and are really not good.

              On Offense the only ones who should feel safe our: Thomas, Mack, Cribbs, Little. I really do not think our Coach likes Hillis. I do not think he is safe at all

              Defense: Haden, Jackson, Ward, and our front 4 to 5

              Thats it 11 to 12 players, I know not everyone is going to be a super star, but have to have a roll to be good at.

              Losing Vickers was a really bad move by our front office!!!!!

              Matt Leinart stayed in school for 4 years

              htownbrown htownbrownH Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 685 Reputation
              htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @1-more-season said:

              Matt Leinart stayed in school for 4 years

              I seem to remember more than half the league passing on him too. If Luck came out in the last draft he would be playing in Carolina.

              β€œIt is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.”
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate