Skip to content

Next Years Draft

The Browns Board
24 18 1.0k
  • With multiple picks in the early rounds and knowing what we know now about this team after four games, what positions should we go after?

  • With multiple picks in the early rounds and knowing what we know now about this team after four games, what positions should we go after?

    @browns57 said:

    With multiple picks in the early rounds and knowing what we know now about this team after four games, what positions should we go after?

    Your poll will only allow one vote. IIRC, we have two first rounders, and one second. First round will depend on what's still on the board when we draft. We need a stud WR and OLB- badly. Which we take first will depend on the highest ranked player on the board when we draft- the need is about equal. Second round is easy- a RT.

    And Heckert has shown he'll take BPA over need, so it may be something out of left field, like a FS or another CB.

    And Free Agency- which won't be as discombobulated as it was this year, will play a large part also.

  • I agree Larry. It's hard to talk draft and say we will take this position or that position since we draft BPA.

    It's also hard to speculate who will be there since you don't know who will even be in the draft, or at what position we will be drafting so we can speculate on who might possibly be there.

    As a general theme, I hope we get faster at the non lineman positions and bigger and stronger on the lines.

  • I would pick O-Line, but I think we will look into that in FA and around round 3.

  • I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

    If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

  • I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

    If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

    @browns57 said:

    I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

    How the FFFF do you know? Taylor may prove to have been worthy of a top ten pick. Who was oh so much better than Taylor who was taken after him in your professional opinion? I am assuming that you are a paid pro personnel talent scout since you seem so sure of yourself in this opinion.

    If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Browns took a LB and an OL with those 2 picks...because I think Heckert is a "makeup artist. He believes in applying the foundation and blush before you add the glitter.

    (Does anyon think that is a gay analogy?)

  • Lmao...STILL don't understand why we traded down....

    Try to comprehend that BPA does NOT mean who YOU think is the BPA...

  • Lmao...STILL don't understand why we traded down....

    Try to comprehend that BPA does NOT mean who YOU think is the BPA...

    @choco said:

    Lmao...STILL don't understand why we traded down....

    Try to comprehend that BPA does NOT mean who YOU think is the BPA...

    Right. It means who does Tom Heckert and Mike Holmgren think is the best player available! Not you, me, Mel Kiper, or anyone else.

  • Lmao...STILL don't understand why we traded down....

    Try to comprehend that BPA does NOT mean who YOU think is the BPA...

    @choco said:

    Lmao...STILL don't understand why we traded down....

    Because we have 2 first rounders in a draft that is looking to have twice the offensive talent as last year. Atlanta has as many loses as they did last year already.

  • I'm hoping OL(RT) WR and LB. Not necessarily in that order.

  • I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

    If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

    @browns57 said:

    I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

    If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

    Phil Taylor has been pretty damn good so far so maybe heckert knows something about scouting that you don't. You know? Like maybe how to do it.

  • @browns57 said:

    With multiple picks in the early rounds and knowing what we know now about this team after four games, what positions should we go after?

    Your poll will only allow one vote. IIRC, we have two first rounders, and one second. First round will depend on what's still on the board when we draft. We need a stud WR and OLB- badly. Which we take first will depend on the highest ranked player on the board when we draft- the need is about equal. Second round is easy- a RT.

    And Heckert has shown he'll take BPA over need, so it may be something out of left field, like a FS or another CB.

    And Free Agency- which won't be as discombobulated as it was this year, will play a large part also.

    @hoorta said:

    Your poll will only allow one vote. IIRC, we have two first rounders, and one second. First round will depend on what's still on the board when we draft. We need a stud WR and OLB- badly. Which we take first will depend on the highest ranked player on the board when we draft- the need is about equal. Second round is easy- a RT.

    And Heckert has shown he'll take BPA over need, so it may be something out of left field, like a FS or another CB.

    And Free Agency- which won't be as discombobulated as it was this year, will play a large part also.

    You guys all argue on my previous threads that we havent or currently dont need a playmaking WR and I constantly see you guys saying stuff like this. Do you really think I don't read other threads or something? Or for some reason you love to disagree with me. Now after four games everyone realizes we need a WR bad. It's ok its not a matter of who said what first, we arent in highschool anymore. It's a relief to see browns fans acknowledging this problem. Put some heat on management to get this stud WR. Let's Go

  • It will be an interesting draft next year. As much as i hate heckert and Holmgren it is a make of break draft..

    So far they havent found any diamonds in the rough.. They need to draft some talented speed guys

  • 1a-Quarterback

    1b-Defensive Line

    2-Linebacker

  • 1a-Quarterback

    1b-Defensive Line

    2-Linebacker

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    1a-Quarterback

    1b-Defensive Line

    2-Linebacker

    Amazing you really think that

    LB thats a priority yes

  • yeah we need WR,WR and WRS!!!

    I think we should just use every pick and draft WRS!

  • yeah we need WR,WR and WRS!!!

    I think we should just use every pick and draft WRS!

    @wrrebel said:

    yeah we need WR,WR and WRS!!!

    I think we should just use every pick and draft WRS!

    well see what we should do is draft a few more DT in the first round, so we can just really stuff up the middle. Or draft a couple more possesion WR's to keep it consistent with our previous WR draftees.

  • It will be an interesting draft next year. As much as i hate heckert and Holmgren it is a make of break draft..

    So far they havent found any diamonds in the rough.. They need to draft some talented speed guys

    @wrrebel said:

    It will be an interesting draft next year. As much as i hate heckert and Holmgren it is a make of break draft..

    So far they havent found any diamonds in the rough.. They need to draft some talented speed guys

    The draft pics are one of the only areas I think the browns are doing really well in. Completely disagree with your post. I think heckert is building an awesome defense. Give it some time before you start baying for blood. No one in their right mind thought the 2011 browns would be awesome.

  • Yea i've been pleased with the drafts so far from Heckert.

    I think WR, DB, LB, and RT are the picks for our four picks in the first 3 rounds.. I want a stud WR obv, Sheldon is looking worn down, we can get more aggressive at the LB positions (although I like what i see from DQ Jackson), and RT for depth/talent..

  • Agree

    WR-Justin Blackmon,Alshon Jeffery,Ryan Broyles

    LB-Vontaze Burfict,Luke Kuechly,Monte Te'O,Zach Brown

    CB-Chase Minnifeild,Alfonso Dennard,Stephon Gilmore

    RT-Matt Kahil,Johnathan Martin

    These are some of the players ill be looking at in the 1st