Skip to content

Lead With Your Helmet Much Jimmie?

The Browns Board
50 15 2.1k
  • The Soldier said:

    Harrison is not a "down to earth" guy. He is not real bright and kind of a jerk. He would not visit the White House after a Super Bowl win because he wouldn't get the invitation if they had lost? What a great mind!

    But he is a heck of a linebacker. Exactly what you want on defense. He intimidates. His type of play is what made the NFL successful. The way the NFL is headed now though, this type of Butkus, Nitschke, Taylor linebacker will soon be a thing of the past.

    Being within walking distance from where Harrison went to HS, I have talked to a few people that know him....casually. They do say he was not the brightest bulb in the pack, but they also say that any "jerkiness...or assholeness" has been only a phenomena that has occurred since he has joined the Steelers. They thought he was quiet and a bit aloof actually. To me, he is more of a system guy than anything. LeBeau gets guys like that to play well.

    @the-gipper said:

    Being within walking distance from where Harrison went to HS, I have talked to a few people that know him....casually. They do say he was not the brightest bulb in the pack, but they also say that any "jerkiness...or assholeness" has been only a phenomena that has occurred since he has joined the Steelers. They thought he was quiet and a bit aloof actually. To me, he is more of a system guy than anything. LeBeau gets guys like that to play well.

    roids.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Me an authority on anything? No sir-e. I'm an authority on your BS if anything.

    I still don't see how James Harrison not being allowed to cheap shot people means the NFL is favoring offenses? How about don't lead with your head and don't hit a defenseless WR after he's already dropped the ball? Defenses can still play aggressive.

    It's obvious you're already making excuses for your team's fall off this year. Maybe if the penalties were relaxed in the secondary it'd help your OL keep the defense off Big Ben's nutts?

    So the rule changes don't favor the offense this year? I'm not even talking about James Harrison. It's also REALLY early to be talking about a "fall off" isn't it? I'm not saying the Steelers don't look average but starting at 2-2 doesn't mean things can't change down the road. A lot of the "preseason favorites" have fallen off. In addition to this if you've watched any games this year you would have seen several times calls made on the field where the WR HAS the ball but is hit before he can get his head around and the penalty flags start flying. It's now a situation of "you need to let this guy catch the ball, let him take a few steps and then you can hit him and try and jar it loose' Don't be ignorant. You know exactly what I mean.

  • Well I dont know what drugs Homotard is on,nor do I care. But,James Harrison is "NOT" a "Down to earth guy". You want down to earth ,try someone like Jake Delhomme or Clay Mathews SR. JH is not remotely close to being on Earth,let alone down to it. But I guess thats a typical Stooler Monkey Fan trying to once again,Twist the facts.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Oh please Homo, defenders can still make a play on the ball and make a CLEAN hit to drop a WR without getting a penalty. Sorry your team's entire defense and Dunta Robinson need to learn how to tackle all over again.

    I guess you're only watching Browns games this year. I can't count on both hands the number of times I've watched a game where a flag was thrown on a text book tackle because the WR didn't have his head all the way around once he caught the ball. It's happened AT least 15 times and I'm not even talking about Steeler games. I'm actually not talking about Steeler games at all. Put your Steeler hate aside for a change and look at the reality of the situation. The league has been pussified and specific attention has been given to providing a upper hand to the offensives of the NFL.

  • Does anyone on here even remember the hits Eric Turner made on people? Not only would he take your head off, but he would stand over you talking shit when he was done. That is football.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Oh please Homo, defenders can still make a play on the ball and make a CLEAN hit to drop a WR without getting a penalty. Sorry your team's entire defense and Dunta Robinson need to learn how to tackle all over again.

    I guess you're only watching Browns games this year. I can't count on both hands the number of times I've watched a game where a flag was thrown on a text book tackle because the WR didn't have his head all the way around once he caught the ball. It's happened AT least 15 times and I'm not even talking about Steeler games. I'm actually not talking about Steeler games at all. Put your Steeler hate aside for a change and look at the reality of the situation. The league has been pussified and specific attention has been given to providing a upper hand to the offensives of the NFL.

    Homotron said:

    I guess you're only watching Browns games this year. I can't count on both hands the number of times I've watched a game where a flag was thrown on a text book tackle because the WR didn't have his head all the way around once he caught the ball. It's happened AT least 15 times and I'm not even talking about Steeler games. I'm actually not talking about Steeler games at all. Put your Steeler hate aside for a change and look at the reality of the situation. The league has been pussified and specific attention has been given to providing a upper hand to the offensives of the NFL.

    I have seen instances where tacklers have been called for personal fouls for what seem to be text book hits on WRs....where they put their shoulder pad onto the WRs chest or torso. No crown of the helmet shot, no hit to the head, no head to head, no forearm shiver. The refs just said the hit was to a "defenseless receiver". In those instances you are right. I think those calls are BS. A defender should be able to try to dislodge a ball from a WR trying to make a catch. And yes, these haven't been in Steeler games or Browns games.

  • Homotron said:

    I guess you're only watching Browns games this year. I can't count on both hands the number of times I've watched a game where a flag was thrown on a text book tackle because the WR didn't have his head all the way around once he caught the ball. It's happened AT least 15 times and I'm not even talking about Steeler games. I'm actually not talking about Steeler games at all. Put your Steeler hate aside for a change and look at the reality of the situation. The league has been pussified and specific attention has been given to providing a upper hand to the offensives of the NFL.

    I have seen instances where tacklers have been called for personal fouls for what seem to be text book hits on WRs....where they put their shoulder pad onto the WRs chest or torso. No crown of the helmet shot, no hit to the head, no head to head, no forearm shiver. The refs just said the hit was to a "defenseless receiver". In those instances you are right. I think those calls are BS. A defender should be able to try to dislodge a ball from a WR trying to make a catch. And yes, these haven't been in Steeler games or Browns games.

    @the-gipper said:

    I have seen instances where tacklers have been called for personal fouls for what seem to be text book hits on WRs....where they put their shoulder pad onto the WRs chest or torso. No crown of the helmet shot, no hit to the head, no head to head, no forearm shiver. The refs just said the hit was to a "defenseless receiver". In those instances you are right. I think those calls are BS. A defender should be able to try to dislodge a ball from a WR trying to make a catch. And yes, these haven't been in Steeler games or Browns games.

    My point to the letter. Defenses are now neutered as a result of the rule changes.

  • Harrison would be a 2nd string nobody for the squeelers, if it weren't for his desire to cheapshot and try to "take out" other players, by breaking rules.

    I hope he goes blind in his one hurt eye, and gets pink eye in the other.

    Then, on the way out of the doctor's office, I hope he picks a fight with some street gang.

    He sucks.

    ...can't wait for Steeler week in Jan. @@

  • I never liked Harrison before he started getting his fines and talking a whole lot of Retarded shit...But who i do love is Jack Tatum,Dick Butkus,Ronnie Lott and many others...The NFL is turning this league away from what it once was.

  • @hoorta said:

    .....Harrison Has Eye Owie.......

    Damn near breaks my heart- couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

    Clearly you didn't watch the game. I believe it was Duane Brown that came up on a block that and drove his face mask up and in to the face of Harrison. Brown was low and fired up and that was all she wrote for James and his face. Harrison gets a bad rap from rival fan bases. He's a down to earth, hard working outside linebacker that takes every offensive gain personally. Every team in the league would kill for a guy that carries himself in the same regard. All the guy does is work. End of story.

    Homotron said:

    Harrison gets a bad rap from rival fan bases. He's a down to earth, hard working outside linebacker that takes every offensive gain personally. Every team in the league would kill for a guy that carries himself in the same regard. All the guy does is work. End of story.

    Uh Huh. πŸ™„ Karma's a bitch!

    james-harrison.gif

  • Homotron said:

    Harrison gets a bad rap from rival fan bases. He's a down to earth, hard working outside linebacker that takes every offensive gain personally. Every team in the league would kill for a guy that carries himself in the same regard. All the guy does is work. End of story.

    Uh Huh. πŸ™„ Karma's a bitch!

    james-harrison.gif

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    Uh Huh. πŸ™„ Karma's a bitch!

    james-harrison.gif

    Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    Uh Huh. πŸ™„ Karma's a bitch!

    james-harrison.gif

    Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

    look,it obvious your boy Harrison is dirty. He has a history of it and, your attempt to make a saint out of him is completely laughable. Take your horseshit to a Stooler board and convince your moronic bretheren. because none of us here are buying it jack.

    Homotron said:

    Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

  • look,it obvious your boy Harrison is dirty. He has a history of it and, your attempt to make a saint out of him is completely laughable. Take your horseshit to a Stooler board and convince your moronic bretheren. because none of us here are buying it jack.

    Homotron said:

    Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

    @nickers said:

    look,it obvious your boy Harrison is dirty. He has a history of it and, your attempt to make a saint out of him is completely laughable. Take your horseshit to a Stooler board and convince your moronic bretheren. because none of us here are buying it jack.

    Ok. I don't care if you aren't buying what I'm selling. I'm providing what I know about the guy via the local media so you can take it or certainly leave it. It's out there to consider if you were to so choose. No skin off my ass one way or another. I'm happy to have the guy in black and gold. He's arguably the hardest worker on the entire Steeler roster.

  • he works that hard trying to figure out how to cheapshot other players in the helmet, and apparently trying to

    have them end up paralyzed?

    You are proud of that?

    squeeler ilk, just here to muck up this forum.

  • he works that hard trying to figure out how to cheapshot other players in the helmet, and apparently trying to

    have them end up paralyzed?

    You are proud of that?

    squeeler ilk, just here to muck up this forum.

    @calfoxwc said:

    he works that hard trying to figure out how to cheapshot other players in the helmet, and apparently trying to

    have them end up paralyzed?

    You are proud of that?

    squeeler ilk, just here to muck up this forum.

    Anything that exits your mouth should be automatically discounted by EVERYONE on this message board. You're seriously one of the most unintelligent and sheltered individuals I've ever encountered. I'm not kidding. James Harrison also isn't playing to seriously injure but every defender in the NFL plays to knock the opposition and around and if you knock them cleanly out of the game so be it. You should also know and understand that helmet to helmet hits weren't always banned. It's time you pick and choose which arguments you choose to enter because with all the activity you have in the other sub forum you're stretching your intelligence thin and it's as thin as a piece of construction paper. Do yourself a favor and back away slowly.

  • @choco said:

    Not injure....just "hurt"

    http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2010/10/18/james-harrison-i-want-to-hurt-somebody

    I basically said the same. I should have linked a similar article myself and I have no problem with "hurting" someone because that's always been the idea with NFL defense. You don't go out there and tackle the guy to grab his ass or get in a quick discussion. You tackle to hurt, knock the ball loose, instill fear. Should I seriously believe you have a problem with that position? If so maybe we should be watching flag football or the lingerie football league.

  • @brownsfan4evr said:

    Uh Huh. πŸ™„ Karma's a bitch!

    james-harrison.gif

    Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

    Homotron said:

    Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

    Yes, its manageable. With Harrison's injury that defense how now just "Managed" to become somewhat weaker.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    he works that hard trying to figure out how to cheapshot other players in the helmet, and apparently trying to

    have them end up paralyzed?

    You are proud of that?

    squeeler ilk, just here to muck up this forum.

    Anything that exits your mouth should be automatically discounted by EVERYONE on this message board. You're seriously one of the most unintelligent and sheltered individuals I've ever encountered. I'm not kidding. James Harrison also isn't playing to seriously injure but every defender in the NFL plays to knock the opposition and around and if you knock them cleanly out of the game so be it. You should also know and understand that helmet to helmet hits weren't always banned. It's time you pick and choose which arguments you choose to enter because with all the activity you have in the other sub forum you're stretching your intelligence thin and it's as thin as a piece of construction paper. Do yourself a favor and back away slowly.

    Homotron said:

    Anything that exits your mouth should be automatically discounted by EVERYONE on this message board. You're seriously one of the most unintelligent and sheltered individuals I've ever encountered. I'm not kidding. James Harrison also isn't playing to seriously injure but every defender in the NFL plays to knock the opposition and around and if you knock them cleanly out of the game so be it. You should also know and understand that helmet to helmet hits weren't always banned. It's time you pick and choose which arguments you choose to enter because with all the activity you have in the other sub forum you're stretching your intelligence thin and it's as thin as a piece of construction paper. Do yourself a favor and back away slowly.

    In law, we have this concept called "wanton disregard" which is somewhat less than say "specific intent", but more than "recklessness".

    Perhaps Harrison hasn't specifically intended to cause injury and harm with his action of making helmet to helmet hits on other players; but, he has shown wanton disregard for the known potential consequences of those actions.

    If this were a criminal situation, he may not have received the highest maximum charge and the highest maximum penalties for his actions, but he would have received significant prison time for his crime.

  • Homotron said:

    Anything that exits your mouth should be automatically discounted by EVERYONE on this message board. You're seriously one of the most unintelligent and sheltered individuals I've ever encountered. I'm not kidding. James Harrison also isn't playing to seriously injure but every defender in the NFL plays to knock the opposition and around and if you knock them cleanly out of the game so be it. You should also know and understand that helmet to helmet hits weren't always banned. It's time you pick and choose which arguments you choose to enter because with all the activity you have in the other sub forum you're stretching your intelligence thin and it's as thin as a piece of construction paper. Do yourself a favor and back away slowly.

    In law, we have this concept called "wanton disregard" which is somewhat less than say "specific intent", but more than "recklessness".

    Perhaps Harrison hasn't specifically intended to cause injury and harm with his action of making helmet to helmet hits on other players; but, he has shown wanton disregard for the known potential consequences of those actions.

    If this were a criminal situation, he may not have received the highest maximum charge and the highest maximum penalties for his actions, but he would have received significant prison time for his crime.

    @the-gipper said:

    In law, we have this concept called "wanton disregard" which is somewhat less than say "specific intent", but more than "recklessness".

    Perhaps Harrison hasn't specifically intended to cause injury and harm with his action of making helmet to helmet hits on other players; but, he has shown wanton disregard for the known potential consequences of those actions.

    If this were a criminal situation, he may not have received the highest maximum charge and the highest maximum penalties for his actions, but he would have received significant prison time for his crime.

    James Harrison and Dick Lebeau have both been on record when stating they don't intend to change the way they play the game. Lebeau is telling the entire defense the same thing. No one is out on the field with intent to seriously injure. Hurt maybe but seriously injure absolutely not. I actually disagree with a couple of his fines but that's neither here nor there and I most definitely don't want to discuss it on this board.