What Can We Learn From New Hot Teams
-
just what has holmgren done....exactly?
won a superbowl as a coach, with ron wolf as his GM...whom i might add, brought in farve and white.
took a huge position with the seahawks as Exec. VP, GM and head coach. how long did that gig last? 4 years....he was fired as GM after 4 years. a few years later, after he was stictly the coach, he took them to the superbowl in '05.
now he's here in a role he failed at once. that gives me that warm and fuzzy...ya know? great coach, failure as a leader.
I am not proclaiming Holmgren as our savior. My point is he actually has football knowledge. He was responsible for bringing in Heckert and it has resulted in 2 pretty good drafts. The jury is still out on Shurmur but I don't see how you can write off Holmgren for what he has done here so far.
I am not proclaiming Holmgren as our savior. My point is he actually has football knowledge. He was responsible for bringing in Heckert and it has resulted in 2 pretty good drafts. The jury is still out on Shurmur but I don't see how you can write off Holmgren for what he has done here so far.
I hear you and you're right about what Holmgren has done well. But I'll also say that I am disappointed that he has not done more. That's a lot of money for a guy that hired someone to make quality draft picks and a few good trades. I expected him to be much more of a seasoned leader and strategist. I could be wrong looking at it from way out here, but "his" team is lacking in many areas that I think he could have done more to improve it. Furthermore, he implemented a whole new system on offence that doesn't use our strengths as well as last year and was brought in during a strike shortened season.
Perhaps I'm being too harsh. I don't know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login