Colt Mccoy
-
I think Colt McCoy has the potential to be the next Joe Montana.
Montana
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
1979 23 SFO 16 16 1 0-1-0 13 23 56.5 96 1 4.3 0 0.0 18 4.2 5.0 7.4 6.0 81.1 0 0 4.2 5.0 0.0 0
1980 24 SFO qb 16 15 7 2-5-0 176 273 64.5 1795 15 5.5 9 3.3 71 6.6 6.2 10.2 119.7 87.8 15 100 5.9
McCoy
2010 23 CLE QB 12 8 8 2-6-0 135 222 60.8 1576 6 2.7 9 4.1 47 7.1 5.8 11.7 197.0 74.5 23 132 5.9 4.7 9.4 5
2011 24 CLE QB 12 5 5 2-3-0 121 217 55.8 1199 8 3.7 3 1.4 56 5.5 5.6 9.9 239.8 78.1 8 48 5.1 5.2 3.6
-
Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.
-
He hasn't looked fantastic, but has shown flashes at times-the Miami game in the last drive, for instance.
My concern is he doesn't look comfortable, and has happy feet. We are playing teams, like Seattle, Jacksonville, the Rams, where I think he can do well in the next month.
I hate being patient, but frankly, it's too soon to make a correct call on McCoy.
-
you cant judge colt so harshly, because he has one of the worst WR cores in the league, plus he's always running for his life, new offense, new coaches
Just everybody please get off his freaking back my god, you guys sound like idiots
He's done outstanding with the bullshit we have given him
-
Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.
Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.
Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.
-
Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.
Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.
Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.
A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.
-
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
-
Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.
A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.
A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.
haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.
-
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?
-
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
He doesn't need to be the next Montana, he just needs to find a timing that clicks with his recievers and he needs time to throw. The protection he's afforded is no small thing. Like I said, weve all seen new QBs get thrown in there and just get the snot knocked out of them. Ive tried outlining a few of the things that are issues and you just get up there and say that he smells like jizz. wtf
-
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?
-
Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.
"mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.
-
A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.
haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.
haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.
By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?
Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there from the north within the last 40 years. (ah, the wonder of airconditioning)
And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.
-
-
haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.
By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?
Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there from the north within the last 40 years. (ah, the wonder of airconditioning)
And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.
By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?
Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there within the last 40 years.
And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.
Its definitely an outmoded term. I was trying to make a jab at the fact that some folks from the South still act like the Civil War is going on. Wasn't very funny but it was just a joke.
-
Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.
"mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.
"mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.
Lol. I'm pretty sure every knows that. I had a friend names Carlo and we'd always say mi amigo. Anyways, no one around here really seems to give a rat what you say either.
So welcome to the club.
-
"mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.
Lol. I'm pretty sure every knows that. I had a friend names Carlo and we'd always say mi amigo. Anyways, no one around here really seems to give a rat what you say either.
So welcome to the club.
-
Anyways Colt is 21st in yardage and 27th in qb rating.
I'd say my assessment of he stinks like shit is pretty accurate.
-
Anyways Colt is 21st in yardage and 27th in qb rating.
I'd say my assessment of he stinks like shit is pretty accurate.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login