Skip to content

Colt Mccoy

The Browns Board
41 15 2.3k
  • you cant judge colt so harshly, because he has one of the worst WR cores in the league, plus he's always running for his life, new offense, new coaches

    Just everybody please get off his freaking back my god, you guys sound like idiots

    He's done outstanding with the bullshit we have given him

  • Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.

    @carlos said:

    Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.

    Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.

  • @carlos said:

    Colt McCoy is a good QB. His mechanics are sound and he is highly accurate. I know, he had a down game and hasn't found any rhythm from game to game. I've been watching the games too. Thing is, a lot goes into a QB being successful. The timing Colt has with his wideouts right now is off. This is because of a number of things, the lack of protection he gets and you have to look at the OC for the way timing is created. The OC has to be the one to make sure the QB/WRs rep right and there are a handful of OCs that can take a QB to the next level in the league. Its a lack of protection, the people that surround Colt, and yes, a number of bad reads and passes on his part that have contributed to this slump. But it's important to remember that Colt has what it takes, its not just about him. I keep reading all of this business about his lack of a big arm. NFL is about accuracy and mechanics and McCoy can be accurate. Look at QBs like McNabb and you can see why they never got to the ship in the long run. When it counted he couldn't make those 5-6 throws he needed to move on. That's on his mechanics and footwork. Colt is a good QB, but yall have to look at how the OC sets up practices and the timing with the wideouts is established to see why the passing game isn't working. Also, you have to give your coaches time to get McCoy to the next level. Last thing, he needs time to throw. Seriously. We've all seen QBs go in and get the shit beat out of them. This is happening.

    Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.

    @carlos said:

    Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.

    A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.

  • Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.

    Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.

    He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.

    Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.

  • @carlos said:

    Today I was talking to my friend, Craig (who played QB at NDSU and PG at Marquette and ran QB camps Kyle Orton attended) about what he thought of Colt McCoy. I wanted to get a QB's perspective. He said he thought that McCoy was good, that he liked him, that his mechanics were sound. That you had to look at the OC and the way that he worked with the Quarterback to prepare him. And he also said protection was important. Just an outsiders perspective, so you know I'm not being a homer. My buddy's a yankee, so you know its not just me backing up an ex-Horn.

    A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.

    @the-gipper said:

    A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.

    haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.

  • Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.

    Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.

    He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.

    Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.

    @usfbrown said:

    Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.

    Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.

    He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.

    Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.

    Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?

  • Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.

    Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.

    He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.

    Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.

    @usfbrown said:

    Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.

    Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.

    He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.

    Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.

    He doesn't need to be the next Montana, he just needs to find a timing that clicks with his recievers and he needs time to throw. The protection he's afforded is no small thing. Like I said, weve all seen new QBs get thrown in there and just get the snot knocked out of them. Ive tried outlining a few of the things that are issues and you just get up there and say that he smells like jizz. wtf

  • @usfbrown said:

    Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.

    Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.

    He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.

    Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.

    Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?

    @carlos said:

    Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?

    Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.

  • @carlos said:

    Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?

    Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.

    @usfbrown said:

    Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.

    "mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    A "yankee"? As in a New York Yankee? That would be baseball, not football....or basketball.

    haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.

    @carlos said:

    haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.

    By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?

    Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there from the north within the last 40 years. (ah, the wonder of airconditioning)

    And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.

  • @carlos said:

    Well if you dont know what it is, then why in the hell are you talking like you do?

    Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.

    @usfbrown said:

    Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.

    I didnt say you couldn't talk man. Go right ahead.

  • @carlos said:

    haha i was just being sarcastic. I call everybody up north a Yankee to ruffle their feathers. its not actually accurate.

    By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?

    Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there from the north within the last 40 years. (ah, the wonder of airconditioning)

    And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.

    @the-gipper said:

    By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?

    Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there within the last 40 years.

    And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.

    Its definitely an outmoded term. I was trying to make a jab at the fact that some folks from the South still act like the Civil War is going on. Wasn't very funny but it was just a joke.

  • @usfbrown said:

    Listen here Carlos mi amigos...you little bean factory. I know what he isn't and that's GOOD. So i'll talk all I want, this is a forum after all.

    "mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.

    @carlos said:

    "mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.

    Lol. I'm pretty sure every knows that. I had a friend names Carlo and we'd always say mi amigo. Anyways, no one around here really seems to give a rat what you say either.

    So welcome to the club.

  • @carlos said:

    "mi amigos" means my friends so you sound like an idiot to anyone that speaks spanish OR more than one language. And as for your analysis of QBs, i could give a tiny rat's ass.

    Lol. I'm pretty sure every knows that. I had a friend names Carlo and we'd always say mi amigo. Anyways, no one around here really seems to give a rat what you say either.

    So welcome to the club.

    @usfbrown said:

    Lol. I'm pretty sure every knows that. I had a friend names Carlo and we'd always say mi amigo. Anyways, no one around here really seems to give a rat what you say either.

    So welcome to the club.

    okay cool its good to be here

  • Anyways Colt is 21st in yardage and 27th in qb rating.

    I'd say my assessment of he stinks like shit is pretty accurate.

  • Anyways Colt is 21st in yardage and 27th in qb rating.

    I'd say my assessment of he stinks like shit is pretty accurate.

    @usfbrown said:

    Anyways Colt is 21st in yardage and 27th in qb rating.

    I'd say my assessment of he stinks like shit is pretty accurate.

    youre entitled to it.

  • Oh, bullbleep.

    if YOU whiners were an NFL qb, pretty much a rookie, with a new coaching staff, new offense, only one legit blue chippie caliber wr (Little @@),

    without your battering ram rb Hillis, and your other rb can't catch a cold or a simple dump off pass, you don't even HAVE a legit ORT,

    and your veteran OLG is out for the year and a rookie plays in his place, your ORG is still learning and growing into a solid player,

    and your are your outstanding center is playing WHILE RECOVERING FROM APPENDIX SURGERY, and your offensive line has little or no legit depth....,

    you can't run the ball, and you have no protection on the right side, and ....

    you criticize Colt for being jumpy? Come on, man. Seriously. Get a grip.

  • Oh, bullbleep.

    if YOU whiners were an NFL qb, pretty much a rookie, with a new coaching staff, new offense, only one legit blue chippie caliber wr (Little @@),

    without your battering ram rb Hillis, and your other rb can't catch a cold or a simple dump off pass, you don't even HAVE a legit ORT,

    and your veteran OLG is out for the year and a rookie plays in his place, your ORG is still learning and growing into a solid player,

    and your are your outstanding center is playing WHILE RECOVERING FROM APPENDIX SURGERY, and your offensive line has little or no legit depth....,

    you can't run the ball, and you have no protection on the right side, and ....

    you criticize Colt for being jumpy? Come on, man. Seriously. Get a grip.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, bullbleep.

    if YOU whiners were an NFL qb, pretty much a rookie, with a new coaching staff, new offense, only one legit blue chippie caliber wr (Little @@),

    without your battering ram rb Hillis, and your other rb can't catch a cold or a simple dump off pass, you don't even HAVE a legit ORT,

    and your veteran OLG is out for the year and a rookie plays in his place, your ORG is still learning and growing into a solid player,

    and your are your outstanding center is playing WHILE RECOVERING FROM APPENDIX SURGERY, and your offensive line has little or no legit depth....,

    you can't run the ball, and you have no protection on the right side, and ....

    you criticize Colt for being jumpy? Come on, man. Seriously. Get a grip.

    Great reasons for why his play has been bad. I like the kid and think he has what it takes but you gotta judge him by his performance. If you don't judge by that, what else is there to go off of?

    He's got potential but he's stuck on a bad team and he's playing bad football.

  • I think the team as a whole is playing really tight right now. They need a couple breaks and a big scoring game this weekend to loosen things up. Once Hillis gets back and healthy you'll see this offense start to warm up.

  • Oh, bullbleep.

    if YOU whiners were an NFL qb, pretty much a rookie, with a new coaching staff, new offense, only one legit blue chippie caliber wr (Little @@),

    without your battering ram rb Hillis, and your other rb can't catch a cold or a simple dump off pass, you don't even HAVE a legit ORT,

    and your veteran OLG is out for the year and a rookie plays in his place, your ORG is still learning and growing into a solid player,

    and your are your outstanding center is playing WHILE RECOVERING FROM APPENDIX SURGERY, and your offensive line has little or no legit depth....,

    you can't run the ball, and you have no protection on the right side, and ....

    you criticize Colt for being jumpy? Come on, man. Seriously. Get a grip.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, bullbleep.

    if YOU whiners were an NFL qb, pretty much a rookie, with a new coaching staff, new offense, only one legit blue chippie caliber wr (Little @@),

    without your battering ram rb Hillis, and your other rb can't catch a cold or a simple dump off pass, you don't even HAVE a legit ORT,

    so if you were to place blame on a single individual as to why those things you've pointed out have happened, who would that be?

    whose fault is it we have a new coaching staff, no playmakers, no discipline and aren't ready to play on sunday? i'm not talkin injuries either.

    i can only think of two people that you can attribute these things to. and yes if everything works out they get the praise. but that isn't the case right now.

    i wonder who that could be????