Bill Parcells
-
@inspecta said:
Don't be an ass. With an easier schedule, and a few more additions there is absolutely no reason to think that a strong winning coach such as Parcells couldnt have us at 11-5.I didn't say anything about a Super Bowl.
He hasnt been to the playoffs in over a decade. And there is a difference between thinking that he could get us there and claiming that "He would have this team at no less than 11-5 next year."
-
Good point I forgot what he did to Atlanta last year.
Don't forget stringing along TB several years ago too.
Masters said:
Don't forget stringing along TB several years ago too.Is Pioli getting that string them along shit from his father-in-law? Would Parcells use us as a bargaining chip to get a better deal from the new Miami owner? I guess no more then Pioli would use us to get a better deal with someone.
Go talk to McKay..............................
-
Well It didn't take Long for Miami to get out of the playoffs..
-
I will point out again today as I have in the past.............now that Miami has lost.........Bill Parcells NEVER won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick.........so going gaga over him is maybe over the top
But I do like Atenears idea of thinking before shooting
-
@inspecta said:
Well I am of the belief that this team has a good amount of talent. Are you saying Parcells can't coach an already talented team to at least an 11-5 record?It is certainly possible, which I think I implied in my last post. That doesnt make your claim that "He would have this team at no less than 11-5 next year" any less ridiculous. Do you think it is impossible for the Browns under Parcells to win fewer than 11 games? Neither do I. To say otherwise is absurd... which was my point in the first place.
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Parcells / Shanahan is exciting. Now THAT's something worth beliving in. Pioli? Piol-eeeeeeeze!
-
I will point out again today as I have in the past.............now that Miami has lost.........Bill Parcells NEVER won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick.........so going gaga over him is maybe over the top
But I do like Atenears idea of thinking before shooting
I will point out again today as I have in the past.............now that Miami has lost.........Bill Parcells NEVER won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick.........so going gaga over him is maybe over the top
But I do like Atenears idea of thinking before shooting
Not only that, but he lost to BB the one time they faced off in the playoffs.
I like the idea of acting carefully and thoughtfully, but waiting until after the Super Bowl is way too long. We would be months behind on scouting free agents and the draft, and we would have to spend part of the Spring analyzing our own roster rather than catching up.
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
yes and Bill Cowher had "Bought a house in Strongsville ! "
-
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Parcells / Shanahan is exciting. Now THAT's something worth beliving in. Pioli? Piol-eeeeeeeze!
Parcells / Shanahan is exciting. Now THAT's something worth beliving in. Pioli? Piol-eeeeeeeze!
I love the idea of Shanahan if we had a strong DC (RAC or Mangini would make me happy), but the reason Shanahan was chased out of Denver was precisely because he wouldnt cede control over the defense. You cant win in the AFC North with Shanahan's defense.
-
Yep it was Belichick coaching the Browns to their last playoff victory ever in 1994............when they beat the Patriots coached by Bill Parcells..............heh heh...........Parcells never won a playoff game without Belichick.............
NOT A SINGLE ONE not at the Giants not at New England and not at the Jets..................all of his victories for those teams in playoffs Belichick was either Defensive Coord or Asst Head Coach...........and without Belichick at Dallas he never won a playoff game and not this year at Miami either
you all figure out who was the genius
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
yes and Bill Cowher had "Bought a house in Strongsville ! "
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
yes and Bill Cowher had "Bought a house in Strongsville ! "The guy had the number 1 show in the country a few years back so I think he knows some people. But I do think this is bs I was just reporting what I heard.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login