Bill Parcells
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Booms had Carl Peterson going to Miami (based on PFT report) , Pioli going to KC and Parcells coming here..
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
I agree. WTF is the hurry? I don't see anyone other than Mangini and the Browns in a fooking hurry. Think Pioli is rushing things? We can wait for the right guy. The team is not going to be hurt without a HC/GM right now.
I have no idea who we should get. I would like Shanahan, period. And of course I want my buddy TJ to keep his job, with maybe a VP title, and McKay or someone else above him.
-
I don't buy it and I don't trust Parcels to actually opt out of his deal. He has strung along more than his fair share of teams.
What happens if MIA plays for two more weeks and Parcels decides he is going to stay in MIA?
Masters said:
I don't buy it and I don't trust Parcels to actually opt out of his deal. He has strung along more than his fair share of teams.What happens if MIA plays for two more weeks and Parcels decides he is going to stay in MIA?
Good point I forgot what he did to Atlanta last year.
-
Masters said:
I don't buy it and I don't trust Parcels to actually opt out of his deal. He has strung along more than his fair share of teams.What happens if MIA plays for two more weeks and Parcels decides he is going to stay in MIA?
Good point I forgot what he did to Atlanta last year.
Good point I forgot what he did to Atlanta last year.
Don't forget stringing along TB several years ago too.
-
@inspecta said:
Give the keys to Parcells, yeah he's only a 2-3 year rent at best, but he'll turn this team around in that time.Even though Parcells is a rent an executive now, he could get this organization moving in the right direction. He'll get a young GM to mentor and a young coordinator to step in as HC. Wouldn't people shit if his choices were McCreight and McDaniel or even Mangini. LOL
If you bring Parcells maybe it could be the start of our own tree.
-
@inspecta said:
Exactly. The guy knows how to win, plain and simple. We need that winning attitude in cleveland.He would have this team at no less than 11-5 next year.
Why stop there? With Bill Parcells, we would win at least one Super Bowl next year. Maybe two or three.
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
AFTER the Super Bowl? That would give us about 4 weeks to meet with, make offers to, and sign a HC and GM before free agency begins. They would then get a few days to make decisions about who stays, who goes, and which free agents would fit our team. And I havent even mentioned draft prep yet. The offseason is too important to forfeit, IMO.
-
@inspecta said:
Don't be an ass. With an easier schedule, and a few more additions there is absolutely no reason to think that a strong winning coach such as Parcells couldnt have us at 11-5.I didn't say anything about a Super Bowl.
Who is to say the schedule will actually be easier? When it was all said and done this year, CLE had the toughest schedule, DET had one of the toughest, PITs wasn't quite as hard as it looked before the season, and so on. Who is good and who is bad changes quite a bit year to year. But no one really knows until after the games are played.
-
@inspecta said:
Don't be an ass. With an easier schedule, and a few more additions there is absolutely no reason to think that a strong winning coach such as Parcells couldnt have us at 11-5.I didn't say anything about a Super Bowl.
He hasnt been to the playoffs in over a decade. And there is a difference between thinking that he could get us there and claiming that "He would have this team at no less than 11-5 next year."
-
Good point I forgot what he did to Atlanta last year.
Don't forget stringing along TB several years ago too.
Masters said:
Don't forget stringing along TB several years ago too.Is Pioli getting that string them along shit from his father-in-law? Would Parcells use us as a bargaining chip to get a better deal from the new Miami owner? I guess no more then Pioli would use us to get a better deal with someone.
Go talk to McKay..............................
-
Well It didn't take Long for Miami to get out of the playoffs..
-
I will point out again today as I have in the past.............now that Miami has lost.........Bill Parcells NEVER won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick.........so going gaga over him is maybe over the top
But I do like Atenears idea of thinking before shooting
-
@inspecta said:
Well I am of the belief that this team has a good amount of talent. Are you saying Parcells can't coach an already talented team to at least an 11-5 record?It is certainly possible, which I think I implied in my last post. That doesnt make your claim that "He would have this team at no less than 11-5 next year" any less ridiculous. Do you think it is impossible for the Browns under Parcells to win fewer than 11 games? Neither do I. To say otherwise is absurd... which was my point in the first place.
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Parcells / Shanahan is exciting. Now THAT's something worth beliving in. Pioli? Piol-eeeeeeeze!
-
I will point out again today as I have in the past.............now that Miami has lost.........Bill Parcells NEVER won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick.........so going gaga over him is maybe over the top
But I do like Atenears idea of thinking before shooting
I will point out again today as I have in the past.............now that Miami has lost.........Bill Parcells NEVER won a single playoff game without Bill Belichick.........so going gaga over him is maybe over the top
But I do like Atenears idea of thinking before shooting
Not only that, but he lost to BB the one time they faced off in the playoffs.
I like the idea of acting carefully and thoughtfully, but waiting until after the Super Bowl is way too long. We would be months behind on scouting free agents and the draft, and we would have to spend part of the Spring analyzing our own roster rather than catching up.
-
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
Listening to WKRN this morning, Chuck Booms states that Bill Parcells has called Randy Lerner and has told him to wait for the Dolphins to get out of the playoffs and they will have a talk..pretty interesting...
yes and Bill Cowher had "Bought a house in Strongsville ! "
-
Exactly why I stated earlier this morning in a thread that it can do us great justice to wait things out until after the Super Bowl, and get a re-freshed Shanahan interview and perhaps within a time table for a Parcells &/or Cowher.
If we are going to go grab a quick Ravens scout and a mediocre re-tread or college coach, we might as well have just kept Savage & Crennel.
Parcells / Shanahan is exciting. Now THAT's something worth beliving in. Pioli? Piol-eeeeeeeze!
Parcells / Shanahan is exciting. Now THAT's something worth beliving in. Pioli? Piol-eeeeeeeze!
I love the idea of Shanahan if we had a strong DC (RAC or Mangini would make me happy), but the reason Shanahan was chased out of Denver was precisely because he wouldnt cede control over the defense. You cant win in the AFC North with Shanahan's defense.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login