2012 Draft Picks.
-
Well. Since this season is about half way over and it looks like we'll be picking relatively early again. I thought I'd like to see where you guys think we'll be going with our first pick. I personally see us picking one of three players. Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, or Alshon Jeffrey.
As for the second pick, I don't know where we'd pick or who we'd even target.
-
I was just gonna post something. I'm assuming Barkley Luck and Kalil will all be gone. I hope it's Blackmon or Jeffery. If not, I hope it's Burfict or a RT. I just think we can get a solid RB in round 2 or 3, so I'm not sure Richardson is the best pick. That and I think we are okay with Hardesty for now. I would like to see Lamichael James in 2 or 3, not sure where he is slotted, but the kid can play.
-
I'm just getting AP vibes out of Richardson for some reason. He's fast. He's beastly. He can catch. He's got a low center of gravity and great balance. I just don't want to pass on that again like we did in 2007. But Jeffery or Blackmon are both going to be studs too. I"m pretty content with any of those three. I also personally think Aaron Murray the QB out of Georgia might be a good pick with our second pick or second round pick. I have no idea where he'd be slotted, but I think he's a solid qb. Also need a linebacker. It sucks cause we need so much. At least we have two first round picks this year.
-
I'm just getting AP vibes out of Richardson for some reason. He's fast. He's beastly. He can catch. He's got a low center of gravity and great balance. I just don't want to pass on that again like we did in 2007. But Jeffery or Blackmon are both going to be studs too. I"m pretty content with any of those three. I also personally think Aaron Murray the QB out of Georgia might be a good pick with our second pick or second round pick. I have no idea where he'd be slotted, but I think he's a solid qb. Also need a linebacker. It sucks cause we need so much. At least we have two first round picks this year.
I'm just getting AP vibes out of Richardson for some reason. He's fast. He's beastly. He can catch. He's got a low center of gravity and great balance. I just don't want to pass on that again like we did in 2007. But Jeffery or Blackmon are both going to be studs too. I"m pretty content with any of those three. I also personally think Aaron Murray the QB out of Georgia might be a good pick with our second pick or second round pick. I have no idea where he'd be slotted, but I think he's a solid qb. Also need a linebacker. It sucks cause we need so much. At least we have two first round picks this year.
Murray may stay at Georgia another year. I think he's only a junior. But he is a good QB. I do feel he'd benefit from another year in school though.
-
I'm just getting AP vibes out of Richardson for some reason. He's fast. He's beastly. He can catch. He's got a low center of gravity and great balance. I just don't want to pass on that again like we did in 2007. But Jeffery or Blackmon are both going to be studs too. I"m pretty content with any of those three. I also personally think Aaron Murray the QB out of Georgia might be a good pick with our second pick or second round pick. I have no idea where he'd be slotted, but I think he's a solid qb. Also need a linebacker. It sucks cause we need so much. At least we have two first round picks this year.
Murray may stay at Georgia another year. I think he's only a junior. But he is a good QB. I do feel he'd benefit from another year in school though.
Murray may stay at Georgia another year. I think he's only a junior. But he is a good QB. I do feel he'd benefit from another year in school though.
Yea. He's only a redshirt sophomore so he could very easily stay and most likely will. I just think he's good. If he comes out this year we can steal him. If he comes out next year he might be a higher pick than we pick

-
Richardson would be a nice pick
Obviously, Blackmon or Jeffrey would also be nice
Also, wouldn't mind Morris Claiborne from LSU or Zach Brown from UNC
Lastly, Michael Floyd from ND or Alfonso Dennard from Neb
If we could get any 2 of those guys in the 1st, I'd be happy.
I'd also be happy with some type of crazy trade where we get to #1 and take Luck...dreaming
-
I think Blackmon fits this offense better than Jeffrey, plus i've seen some grumbling about his work effort and has some weight problems.. I think Trich makes more sense now since it seems that Hillis wont be back, Hardesty cant stay healthy and Jackson will be coming off a major injury..that leaves a injured Jackson or Obagnya as our rbs next year..
-
Does anyone think we need to draft a QB with our 2nd round pick or get a veteran QB through the FA ? Not writing off Colt yet, but we need insurance !
-
I think we really shouldn't start talking about the draft under after FA. I don't see how our FO can go another year without at least trying to get some decent names in FA. I think depending on where we pick at, if it's around 10 we try to sign Campbell and we go with him and Wallace (assuming that McCoy doesn't improve any from here to now). I would really like to see us go after Forte who is a true WCO RB with speed and receiving ability. I would really like to see us pick up Richardson, but not any sooner that pick 10 since I think he should fall some and be available around 15. Also between the top WR's I think the only one worth picking is Blackmon. Floyd is a major character concern with 2 DUI's and Jeffery, even though he has great size and hands, is one slow bastard. Blackmon has the good size and hands, but he also has something like 4.4 speed.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login