Skip to content

Suck For Luck

The Browns Board
32 13 1.7k
  • @albinorhino40 said:

    I'm watching the Packers play, and I swear if Andrew Luck is supposed to be anywhere near as good as Aaron Rodgers then I want him... no matter what it takes.

    I say trade our 2 1st rounders this year, a 2013 1st rounder, plus whatever else it would take to move up and draft him.

    Seriously, we could get a RT and veteran WR in FA next year. Draft a OLB in the 2nd round. And, make a couple moves to shore up our secondary and help the RB corps.

    Rodgers, Brady, Manning (when healthy), little Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees.... these guys MAKE their teams. Seriously, the Packers talent is only the "Packers" talent because Rodgers is so damn good...

    It's a QBs league, and I want an elite one... NOW!!!!

    What do you guys think?

    Geez, since me and Ghoolie have been saying for ten years this is what it is, are we ready to go for a stud franchise QB, we passed on so many especially Ben, naw we need a right tackle that is what the experts here say, as dumb as they are

    @rich4eagle said:

    Geez, since me and Ghoolie have been saying for ten years this is what it is, are we ready to go for a stud franchise QB, we passed on so many especially Ben, naw we need a right tackle that is what the experts here say, as dumb as they are

    You are undoubtedly full of crap. You wanted no part of BR at the time. Second guessing is what I think you are best at.

  • I'm watching the Packers play, and I swear if Andrew Luck is supposed to be anywhere near as good as Aaron Rodgers then I want him... no matter what it takes.

    I say trade our 2 1st rounders this year, a 2013 1st rounder, plus whatever else it would take to move up and draft him.

    Seriously, we could get a RT and veteran WR in FA next year. Draft a OLB in the 2nd round. And, make a couple moves to shore up our secondary and help the RB corps.

    Rodgers, Brady, Manning (when healthy), little Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees.... these guys MAKE their teams. Seriously, the Packers talent is only the "Packers" talent because Rodgers is so damn good...

    It's a QBs league, and I want an elite one... NOW!!!!

    What do you guys think?

    @albinorhino40 said:

    I'm watching the Packers play, and I swear if Andrew Luck is supposed to be anywhere near as good as Aaron Rodgers then I want him... no matter what it takes.

    I say trade our 2 1st rounders this year, a 2013 1st rounder, plus whatever else it would take to move up and draft him.

    Seriously, we could get a RT and veteran WR in FA next year. Draft a OLB in the 2nd round. And, make a couple moves to shore up our secondary and help the RB corps.

    Rodgers, Brady, Manning (when healthy), little Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees.... these guys MAKE their teams. Seriously, the Packers talent is only the "Packers" talent because Rodgers is so damn good...

    It's a QBs league, and I want an elite one... NOW!!!!

    What do you guys think?

    I think if the Colts land the first pick, it's untradable whatever we offer them.

    I happen to think you can win a Super Bowl with an average quarterback as long as the rest of your team is really good. BTW,

    you're over rating Eli Manning, got a resident Giants fan at work. Inconsistent as hell- and won a Super Bowl on the back of Osi Umeuora, and a miracle "catch it off my helmet" play. Rivers has thrown for a ton of yards this year, and has also thrown a ton of picks- including a couple last week that got the Chargers beat.

    Think about this one. IIRC there have been two "give up the ranch" trades in NFL history. Ditka giving up his entire draft for Ricky Williams, and the Vikes selling the farm to land Hershel Walker. Both turned out badly for the teams that initiated them- and it turned the Cowboys into a Super Bowl team with all the picks they got.

  • agreed....giving up that many picks for any player is borderline insanity and would set you back years even if you hit the pick.

  • This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

  • This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

    @usfbrown said:

    This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

    I was actually thinking the same thing. I'd like to have Luck, but there are plenty of qbs with a lot of upside this year.

  • This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

    @usfbrown said:

    This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

    No, except for Luck, this crop of QBs is a pretty mediocre bunch. It doesn't match up to last year's "crop" even.

  • @usfbrown said:

    This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

    No, except for Luck, this crop of QBs is a pretty mediocre bunch. It doesn't match up to last year's "crop" even.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, except for Luck, this crop of QBs is a pretty mediocre bunch. It doesn't match up to last year's "crop" even.

    Seriously?

    Percent complete isn't everything but these are more than mediocre QBs.

    Matt Barkley 67%

    Landry Jones 64%

    Robert Griffin 74%

    Kellen Moore 74%

    Russel Wilson 72%

    Case Keenum 74%

    Not saying all will be all stars, but there's a lot of potential with these guys if they all come out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, except for Luck, this crop of QBs is a pretty mediocre bunch. It doesn't match up to last year's "crop" even.

    Seriously?

    Percent complete isn't everything but these are more than mediocre QBs.

    Matt Barkley 67%

    Landry Jones 64%

    Robert Griffin 74%

    Kellen Moore 74%

    Russel Wilson 72%

    Case Keenum 74%

    Not saying all will be all stars, but there's a lot of potential with these guys if they all come out.

    @usfbrown said:

    Seriously?

    Percent complete isn't everything but these are more than mediocre QBs.

    Matt Barkley 67%

    Landry Jones 64%

    Robert Griffin 74%

    Kellen Moore 74%

    Russel Wilson 72%

    Case Keenum 74%

    Not saying all will be all stars, but there's a lot of potential with these guys if they all come out.

    Yea, seriously. The bunch you mention above is not rated as high, prospectwise, I do not believe, as the group of Newton, Locker, Ponder, Gabbert, Dalton, Mallet, Kaepernick.

  • We'll just have to agree to disagree.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    I think you made a lucid, clear, well-thought out post. The problem however is that Heckert is a total dud at drafting. He is a fish out of water; a deer caught in the headlights; he is, Romeo Crennel without a donut.

    A guy who passed on Julio Jones to take a slow version of Gerrard Warren doesn't have the smarts to go after luck and tell his players to lay down.

    Unless the Browns get with the program and go after luck, we will continue to have a shit team.

    Sorry Tom. I saw that slow version of Gerrard Warren getting double and triple teamed against the Texans. Put on your thinking cap to figure out why he wasn't doing much. As to selling the farm to draft Luck, well- the Bengals seem to be doing OK with second round pick Andy Dalton no?

  • We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    @usfbrown said:

    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

    I guess time will tell. There is truly no evaluating these things until 3-5 years down the road.