Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Something We All Agree On

Something We All Agree On

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
22 Posts 7 Posters 915 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 6k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Can we get rid of xxxxing columbus day and make election day a national holiday? I'm serious.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • heckofajobbrownie H
      • 6k Posts
      • 47 Reputation
      H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Certainly. Or move it to a Saturday.

      W 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • H heckofajobbrownie

        Certainly. Or move it to a Saturday.

        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @heckofajobbrownie said:

        Certainly. Or move it to a Saturday.

        If you're doing a change make it a holiday on a Monday.

        I guess that'd mean more working people might vote, so be careful Heck.

        <G>

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • heckofajobbrownie H
          • 6k Posts
          • 47 Reputation
          H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
          #4

          That's the whole idea, Steve. Make it easy for working people - for everybody - to vote.

          C 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Vapor translation:

            "Dammit. I'm going to feel bad if Cal wins the bet that Obamao won't be reelected. I have to think of something....anything...." 🙄

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • heckofajobbrownie H
              • 6k Posts
              • 47 Reputation
              H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by heckofajobbrownie
              #6

              Also, if you make it a holiday on a Monday, you might entice people to make it a three day weekend like they do with Memorial Day and MLK Day and then you've ruined the whole purpose of a voting holiday. That's probably why it's better to make it a Tuesday holiday or move it to a Saturday.

              I haven't seen any research on this, but I'd suspect you'd lose some people that way.

              I mean, if you gave me a three day weekend in November I'd vote early or absentee and then go away somewhere, wouldn't you?

              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #7

                gosh, maybe we should just move election day to MLK day ....

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Pumpkin Eater P
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 297 Reputation
                  P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  John Wayne? Do you mean Mad Anthony Wayne?

                  :neutral_face:
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • H heckofajobbrownie

                    Also, if you make it a holiday on a Monday, you might entice people to make it a three day weekend like they do with Memorial Day and MLK Day and then you've ruined the whole purpose of a voting holiday. That's probably why it's better to make it a Tuesday holiday or move it to a Saturday.

                    I haven't seen any research on this, but I'd suspect you'd lose some people that way.

                    I mean, if you gave me a three day weekend in November I'd vote early or absentee and then go away somewhere, wouldn't you?

                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @heckofajobbrownie said:

                    Also, if you make it a holiday on a Monday, you might entice people to make it a three day weekend like they do with Memorial Day and MLK Day and then you've ruined the whole purpose of a voting holiday. That's probably why it's better to make it a Tuesday holiday or move it to a Saturday.

                    I haven't seen any research on this, but I'd suspect you'd lose some people that way.

                    I mean, if you gave me a three day weekend in November I'd vote early or absentee and then go away somewhere, wouldn't you?

                    Yes Heck. I can see that point.

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 6k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I see what you mean heck, but more importantly, this week is my birthday week, so I'm 100% an advocate of making it a national holiday.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • heckofajobbrownie H
                        • 6k Posts
                        • 47 Reputation
                        H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        You're like my wife. Somehow a birthday becomes a birthweek.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 6k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I have to work 12 hours tomorrow, on my birthday 🙁

                          And I'm trying to put together a digital copy of a laboratory notebook. Grrr. Grad school.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Personally I prefer to take the entire month of november.

                            I will be 59 on the 27th!

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • W Westside Steve

                              Personally I prefer to take the entire month of november.

                              I will be 59 on the 27th!

                              WSS

                              Mr. T Mr. TM
                              • 7k Posts
                              • 184 Reputation
                              Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @westside-steve said:

                              Personally I prefer to take the entire month of november.

                              I will be 59 on the 27th!

                              WSS

                              But you dont qualify for unemployment. If so I would take 99 weeks off and sit on my arse.

                              Head or Gut?
                              W 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                • 64k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                                #15

                                Personally I prefer to take the entire month of november.

                                I will be 59 on the 27th!

                                WSS

                                ***************************************

                                Hah. And I'll still be a year + older - I'm 61 in Dec.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 6k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Holy hell. I'm a baby. I just turned 24 today. (er yesterday.... i'm a little late.)

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 39k Posts
                                    • 9k Reputation
                                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Well then, happy birthday kid!

                                    WSS

                                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Mr. TM Mr. T

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      Personally I prefer to take the entire month of november.

                                      I will be 59 on the 27th!

                                      WSS

                                      But you dont qualify for unemployment. If so I would take 99 weeks off and sit on my arse.

                                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                      • 39k Posts
                                      • 9k Reputation
                                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @mr.-t said:

                                      But you dont qualify for unemployment. If so I would take 99 weeks off and sit on my arse.

                                      LOL

                                      I heard that!

                                      WSS

                                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • H heckofajobbrownie

                                        That's the whole idea, Steve. Make it easy for working people - for everybody - to vote.

                                        Chicopee John C
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 104 Reputation
                                        C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @heckofajobbrownie said:

                                        That's the whole idea, Steve. Make it easy for working people - for everybody - to vote.

                                        Unionized Connecticut State Workers get 2 hours off with pay so they can vote. Some people don't find this troubling. Our State is dead. Nobody seems to care.

                                        "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • heckofajobbrownie H
                                          • 6k Posts
                                          • 47 Reputation
                                          H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by heckofajobbrownie
                                          #20

                                          Many people come in to work late, or leave early, on voting day and nobody docks their pay for the time they missed. I think you're getting worked up over something that's fairly commonplace.

                                          In fact, I've got a friend who is alive today because he went in late to work on 9/11. He was voting. I don't suspect Morgan Stanley was planning to dock him for those two hours he missed.

                                          C W 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate