Andrew Luck
-
I was watching the Stanford-Oregon game and Luck seemed very inaccurate to me. Maybe he was just having a bad game?
Also, his throws seem to lack zip.
This is just my opinion and I know nothing, but has anyone else notised these issues?
-
I am not sold on Luck being the best qb ever out of college. How many times have we heard that and the qb never makes it. That being said Luck was playing without his nmuber 1 WR and without his number 1 TE, against a very good team in Oregon.
-
I don't understand what all the excitement is about. Are they dazzled by the fact that he calls some of his own plays? Are his mechanics particularly good? I am not an expert on QBs so I'm really interested in what the experts see.
-
I live in Pac-12 land, I'm a huge Oregon fan, and I've seen a lot of Luck. Luck didn't have a good game obviously, but I've seen enough to trade Bradford for him in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd take Luck over most QB's in the league.
Luck's dad has been very forthcoming regarding exerting leverage regarding where his son will play. Just because a team drafts Luck doesn't mean he'll play there. Also, there is no guarantee Luck will even come out this year, he has one more year of college eligibility.
Bottom line, if the Rams draft Luck (unlikely) I think there is no way his dad allows him to go to St Louis. If the Colts draft him, I think he goes there. I think the most interesting aspect with Luck is where his dad allows him to go play.
-
his dad has no say....team that drafts him holds the rights. he may not play...he can hold out, but he has no say where he goes.
-
elway did it. manning did it. who's to say luck doesn't do it? i thought we heard earlier this year that he wouldn't go to a loser. at this point, with our standing in the division and conference and league you don't think we fit in the 'loser' category?
other than that what i saw of luck against oregon was this (IMO) he like holds the ball way high like he's playing keep away with some midgets and when he does throw it looks like it's in slow motion. i mean i'm no nfl defender but it looks like he telegraphs every throw.
bad mojo.
stick with colt and draft blackmon tops with whatever stud RB in the first. then minnifield then RT then LB then CB then..........
-
his dad has no say....team that drafts him holds the rights. he may not play...he can hold out, but he has no say where he goes.
his dad has no say....team that drafts him holds the rights. he may not play...he can hold out, but he has no say where he goes.
Actually, in 2012 he does. If he really doesn't like the team he gets drafted by he can play his "I have one more year of college eligibility" card. he would then go back into the pool for the 2013 draft, and the team that drafted him gets screwed, unless they trade him to a team he wants to play for. The sticking point would be if the team that holds his rights wants the moon to trade him away.
-
I don't understand what all the excitement is about. Are they dazzled by the fact that he calls some of his own plays? Are his mechanics particularly good? I am not an expert on QBs so I'm really interested in what the experts see.
I don't understand what all the excitement is about. Are they dazzled by the fact that he calls some of his own plays? Are his mechanics particularly good? I am not an expert on QBs so I'm really interested in what the experts see.
KS the "experts" say Luck is mechanically perfect, can make all the throws, and has ideal size to be a pro qb.
His dad Oliver- remember him? Houston Oilers qb? Has been coaching him proper technique ever since he was old enough to hold a football.
He had ONE BAD game against Oregon, and all the nit-pickers are having a field day.
That said- I've seen Luck play- and he can't walk on water yet. Drafting him doesn't necessarily mean you've just punched your ticket to multiple Super Bowl wins- just ask Dan Fouts & Dan Marino.
-
his dad has no say....team that drafts him holds the rights. he may not play...he can hold out, but he has no say where he goes.
Actually, in 2012 he does. If he really doesn't like the team he gets drafted by he can play his "I have one more year of college eligibility" card. he would then go back into the pool for the 2013 draft, and the team that drafted him gets screwed, unless they trade him to a team he wants to play for. The sticking point would be if the team that holds his rights wants the moon to trade him away.
Actually, in 2012 he does. If he really doesn't like the team he gets drafted by he can play his "I have one more year of college eligibility" card. he would then go back into the pool for the 2013 draft, and the team that drafted him gets screwed, unless they trade him to a team he wants to play for. The sticking point would be if the team that holds his rights wants the moon to trade him away.
Once you're drafted, you can't return to college.
Well, at least...you can't play football again. You forfeit your NCAA eligibility the moment you declare for the draft, unlike with college basketball.
-
Actually, in 2012 he does. If he really doesn't like the team he gets drafted by he can play his "I have one more year of college eligibility" card. he would then go back into the pool for the 2013 draft, and the team that drafted him gets screwed, unless they trade him to a team he wants to play for. The sticking point would be if the team that holds his rights wants the moon to trade him away.
Once you're drafted, you can't return to college.
Well, at least...you can't play football again. You forfeit your NCAA eligibility the moment you declare for the draft, unlike with college basketball.
Once you're drafted, you can't return to college.
Well, at least...you can't play football again. You forfeit your NCAA eligibility the moment you declare for the draft, unlike with college basketball.
Unlike Ghoolie- my bad, forgot about that one- whether you have an agent or not.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login