Skip to content

2011 Browns Board Weekend

The Browns Board
41 15 2.2k
  • Everyone needs to wear a nametag with their forum name

  • Yea who is who. Do a css popup with screen names.

  • i like the angry lookin girl 2nd from the left. someone's gotta get her some browns gear.

    yeah looks like a blast. gotta make it next year.

  • Amazing weekend. Still sad that it's over, although my liver is very happy to be out of Cleveland. It was threatening a work stoppage I think if I had stayed.

    Thanks to Stan and his limo service to driving our sorry asses around all weekend and to Ed and Don for the tremendous tailgate party on Sunday.

    Can't wait to see all of you again next year!

  • Looks like everyone had a great time. I'll have to make plans for the next one. We were busy attending a funeral.

  • Hey, why am I not in the picture. Oh well. Thanks to Stan and Ed and Don for making this all possible. And thanks to Zombo for hibernating long enough for me to join the gang.😁

  • i like the angry lookin girl 2nd from the left. someone's gotta get her some browns gear.

    yeah looks like a blast. gotta make it next year.

    @miktoxic said:

    i like the angry lookin girl 2nd from the left. someone's gotta get her some browns gear.

    yeah looks like a blast. gotta make it next year.

    Dude. She's hot and she's a blast. That is the girlfriend of one of our finest. The picture was snapped at a bad time for a few of us. If you look close, the ugly guy in the middle just farted and blew Kathy's hair back. Shit happens (and I take no responsibility- lunch had just finished). Stan was tough, but Gareth (# 31) couldn't take it. I was upwind.

  • As I sit here back in England I wonder whether I can actually do another trip like that ever again.

    Having spent $180 dollars on alcohol within the first 5 hours of my trip to Cleveland perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to having a good time.

    Stan was the legendary party bringer yet again - how Kathy puts up with him I will never know. Thanks to you both for always taking such good care of us. Sorry if my stage invasion and Zombo's open field tackle on me into the band's drum set means you can't go back to Scoundrels ever again. I think taking to all the locals on that patio for 2 hours in short sleeves that night has also given me the worst cold ever - or was it kissing Zombo in our Sombrero hats?

    I look back on this weekend with many regrets - and they are that i did not speak to everyone on the board for long enough bur here's what i remember (there are large periods of the weekend that are a blur)

    It was great to see Ed and Mrs R - although I did promise not to return on her birthday weekend next year!

    Don and Don Jnr! Don I am not sure I hugged you enough this weekend! Had a great time with your son playing cornhole again - and even won a game this year.

    Ballpeen and Mrs Ballpeen - was great to chat to you at the Eastland Inn on Saturday night - wish I had spent more time with you at the tailgate

    Mr and Mrs Gipper - great to speak to you both on the Saturday night too - it was a real wonder I didn't need your legal services after this weekend!

    Westside Steve - Sorry I was son drunk when offered to play your guitar that I could hardly hold the pick! I'll try harder next year!! Your Martin is lovely and I have your skull and crossbones tee shirt to remind me of a great night - see you next year.

    Keith - I'm not going to let you take a camera out with you ever again

    Zombo - what can i say - you are a legend - despite the hibernation - it was a memorable one.

    There will be a movie made soon to commemorate - all the very best, Howie

  • No doubt always a blast.

    I know you have windows in which to travel, and much depends on when you, G-man, and Keith can make the trip, but maybe try to make it a bit earlier in the season next year.

    By this point in the season the Browns are usually DOA. A few weeks earlier most of us are at least still pretending we can win the game.

    As usual, thanks to all and see you next year, God Willing.

  • What a great weekend with great friends. The tailgate party was by far the best of the year. The only issue I had was with Keiths scotch. I actually had to chase it with russ's moonshine or was it the other way around, not sure. I hope everyone made it home safe and would be great to see everyone and more next year

    Happy Holidays to everyone

    Don

  • What a great time all around....so great, I ended up in the hospital for 2 days afterward!!

    But....relax, it had nothing to do with the party and the tailgate. I woke up Monday AM with pains in my chest, shoulder and down my arm....so naturally you worry about cardiac. But all my EKGs, x-rays, blood tests, and stress tests came out negative. In fact they said my heart was in great shape. They believe the pain came from some nerve issues in my shoulder, perhaps from the way I sleep on it. So no worries mates (I just have to worry about the bills now).

    Though, the doctor that discharged me from the hospital said that my liver levels were a bit elevated.....gee, I wonder why the f**k that would be?

    I had to bribe my wife with a steak dinner to be my designated driver on Saturday night. She thought she might be bored (because she is not much of a football fan), but she had a great time.

    So, thanks to all who made it a great weekend...Stan, roach, sperk, WSS and Sue, Howie, Gareth, Zombo, Mark O, Pavo Joe, Kamac, ballpeen and wife, and everyone else I haven't mentioned.

    I even got to meet rich4eagle. He didn't seem at all like a schizophrenic! Nice Guy!

  • What a great time all around....so great, I ended up in the hospital for 2 days afterward!!

    But....relax, it had nothing to do with the party and the tailgate. I woke up Monday AM with pains in my chest, shoulder and down my arm....so naturally you worry about cardiac. But all my EKGs, x-rays, blood tests, and stress tests came out negative. In fact they said my heart was in great shape. They believe the pain came from some nerve issues in my shoulder, perhaps from the way I sleep on it. So no worries mates (I just have to worry about the bills now).

    Though, the doctor that discharged me from the hospital said that my liver levels were a bit elevated.....gee, I wonder why the f**k that would be?

    I had to bribe my wife with a steak dinner to be my designated driver on Saturday night. She thought she might be bored (because she is not much of a football fan), but she had a great time.

    So, thanks to all who made it a great weekend...Stan, roach, sperk, WSS and Sue, Howie, Gareth, Zombo, Mark O, Pavo Joe, Kamac, ballpeen and wife, and everyone else I haven't mentioned.

    I even got to meet rich4eagle. He didn't seem at all like a schizophrenic! Nice Guy!

    @the-gipper said:

    I even got to meet rich4eagle. He didn't seem at all like a schizophrenic! Nice Guy!

    Hence the mastery of being a schizophrenic. You just can't tell which one you are talking to. The ones that sits behind his keyboard usually never show up for the parties.

    i love most of the Richs (actually, about 7 of the 9 of him- i don't care the Steeler Richs).

  • As I sit here back in England I wonder whether I can actually do another trip like that ever again.

    Having spent $180 dollars on alcohol within the first 5 hours of my trip to Cleveland perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to having a good time.

    Stan was the legendary party bringer yet again - how Kathy puts up with him I will never know. Thanks to you both for always taking such good care of us. Sorry if my stage invasion and Zombo's open field tackle on me into the band's drum set means you can't go back to Scoundrels ever again. I think taking to all the locals on that patio for 2 hours in short sleeves that night has also given me the worst cold ever - or was it kissing Zombo in our Sombrero hats?

    I look back on this weekend with many regrets - and they are that i did not speak to everyone on the board for long enough bur here's what i remember (there are large periods of the weekend that are a blur)

    It was great to see Ed and Mrs R - although I did promise not to return on her birthday weekend next year!

    Don and Don Jnr! Don I am not sure I hugged you enough this weekend! Had a great time with your son playing cornhole again - and even won a game this year.

    Ballpeen and Mrs Ballpeen - was great to chat to you at the Eastland Inn on Saturday night - wish I had spent more time with you at the tailgate

    Mr and Mrs Gipper - great to speak to you both on the Saturday night too - it was a real wonder I didn't need your legal services after this weekend!

    Westside Steve - Sorry I was son drunk when offered to play your guitar that I could hardly hold the pick! I'll try harder next year!! Your Martin is lovely and I have your skull and crossbones tee shirt to remind me of a great night - see you next year.

    Keith - I'm not going to let you take a camera out with you ever again

    Zombo - what can i say - you are a legend - despite the hibernation - it was a memorable one.

    There will be a movie made soon to commemorate - all the very best, Howie

    @howiedawg said:

    As I sit here back in England I wonder whether I can actually do another trip like that ever again.

    Having spent $180 dollars on alcohol within the first 5 hours of my trip to Cleveland perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to having a good time.

    Stan was the legendary party bringer yet again - how Kathy puts up with him I will never know. Thanks to you both for always taking such good care of us. Sorry if my stage invasion and Zombo's open field tackle on me into the band's drum set means you can't go back to Scoundrels ever again. I think taking to all the locals on that patio for 2 hours in short sleeves that night has also given me the worst cold ever - or was it kissing Zombo in our Sombrero hats?

    I look back on this weekend with many regrets - and they are that i did not speak to everyone on the board for long enough bur here's what i remember (there are large periods of the weekend that are a blur)

    It was great to see Ed and Mrs R - although I did promise not to return on her birthday weekend next year!

    Don and Don Jnr! Don I am not sure I hugged you enough this weekend! Had a great time with your son playing cornhole again - and even won a game this year.

    Ballpeen and Mrs Ballpeen - was great to chat to you at the Eastland Inn on Saturday night - wish I had spent more time with you at the tailgate

    Mr and Mrs Gipper - great to speak to you both on the Saturday night too - it was a real wonder I didn't need your legal services after this weekend!

    Westside Steve - Sorry I was son drunk when offered to play your guitar that I could hardly hold the pick! I'll try harder next year!! Your Martin is lovely and I have your skull and crossbones tee shirt to remind me of a great night - see you next year.

    Keith - I'm not going to let you take a camera out with you ever again

    Zombo - what can i say - you are a legend - despite the hibernation - it was a memorable one.

    There will be a movie made soon to commemorate - all the very best, Howie

    What the fuck? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

  • @howiedawg said:

    As I sit here back in England I wonder whether I can actually do another trip like that ever again.

    Having spent $180 dollars on alcohol within the first 5 hours of my trip to Cleveland perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to having a good time.

    Stan was the legendary party bringer yet again - how Kathy puts up with him I will never know. Thanks to you both for always taking such good care of us. Sorry if my stage invasion and Zombo's open field tackle on me into the band's drum set means you can't go back to Scoundrels ever again. I think taking to all the locals on that patio for 2 hours in short sleeves that night has also given me the worst cold ever - or was it kissing Zombo in our Sombrero hats?

    I look back on this weekend with many regrets - and they are that i did not speak to everyone on the board for long enough bur here's what i remember (there are large periods of the weekend that are a blur)

    It was great to see Ed and Mrs R - although I did promise not to return on her birthday weekend next year!

    Don and Don Jnr! Don I am not sure I hugged you enough this weekend! Had a great time with your son playing cornhole again - and even won a game this year.

    Ballpeen and Mrs Ballpeen - was great to chat to you at the Eastland Inn on Saturday night - wish I had spent more time with you at the tailgate

    Mr and Mrs Gipper - great to speak to you both on the Saturday night too - it was a real wonder I didn't need your legal services after this weekend!

    Westside Steve - Sorry I was son drunk when offered to play your guitar that I could hardly hold the pick! I'll try harder next year!! Your Martin is lovely and I have your skull and crossbones tee shirt to remind me of a great night - see you next year.

    Keith - I'm not going to let you take a camera out with you ever again

    Zombo - what can i say - you are a legend - despite the hibernation - it was a memorable one.

    There will be a movie made soon to commemorate - all the very best, Howie

    What the fuck? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    @mark-o said:

    What the xxxx? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

  • A total trap game for sure.

  • @howiedawg said:

    As I sit here back in England I wonder whether I can actually do another trip like that ever again.

    Having spent $180 dollars on alcohol within the first 5 hours of my trip to Cleveland perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to having a good time.

    Stan was the legendary party bringer yet again - how Kathy puts up with him I will never know. Thanks to you both for always taking such good care of us. Sorry if my stage invasion and Zombo's open field tackle on me into the band's drum set means you can't go back to Scoundrels ever again. I think taking to all the locals on that patio for 2 hours in short sleeves that night has also given me the worst cold ever - or was it kissing Zombo in our Sombrero hats?

    I look back on this weekend with many regrets - and they are that i did not speak to everyone on the board for long enough bur here's what i remember (there are large periods of the weekend that are a blur)

    It was great to see Ed and Mrs R - although I did promise not to return on her birthday weekend next year!

    Don and Don Jnr! Don I am not sure I hugged you enough this weekend! Had a great time with your son playing cornhole again - and even won a game this year.

    Ballpeen and Mrs Ballpeen - was great to chat to you at the Eastland Inn on Saturday night - wish I had spent more time with you at the tailgate

    Mr and Mrs Gipper - great to speak to you both on the Saturday night too - it was a real wonder I didn't need your legal services after this weekend!

    Westside Steve - Sorry I was son drunk when offered to play your guitar that I could hardly hold the pick! I'll try harder next year!! Your Martin is lovely and I have your skull and crossbones tee shirt to remind me of a great night - see you next year.

    Keith - I'm not going to let you take a camera out with you ever again

    Zombo - what can i say - you are a legend - despite the hibernation - it was a memorable one.

    There will be a movie made soon to commemorate - all the very best, Howie

    What the fuck? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    @mark-o said:

    What the xxxx? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    I shall be treating myself to a nice DSLR for my retirement present so better watch out for photos next year, will be even better or worse depends which end you looking at them from hehe

    @howiedawg said:

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

    Your not wrong Howie, I am still dying here to, though I cant remember kissing Zombo myself, and am sure I wasnt that pissed not to remember , unless Zombo took advantage whilst I was falling asleep in Scoundrels.

    I will follow on from what everyone said with regards this weekend, it was prob one my best trips to Cleveland so far, glad am back here in UK feeling like shite than suffering out there, but certainly cant wait to get back over next year, and may even come pester MarkO doing in San Diego one weekend next year if game falls right. The guys that hook up for this weekend always make it so great and with the hospitality of Stan, Ed, Don and their partners it all makes for amazing time each year we come over.

  • @mark-o said:

    What the xxxx? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    I shall be treating myself to a nice DSLR for my retirement present so better watch out for photos next year, will be even better or worse depends which end you looking at them from hehe

    @howiedawg said:

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

    Your not wrong Howie, I am still dying here to, though I cant remember kissing Zombo myself, and am sure I wasnt that pissed not to remember , unless Zombo took advantage whilst I was falling asleep in Scoundrels.

    I will follow on from what everyone said with regards this weekend, it was prob one my best trips to Cleveland so far, glad am back here in UK feeling like shite than suffering out there, but certainly cant wait to get back over next year, and may even come pester MarkO doing in San Diego one weekend next year if game falls right. The guys that hook up for this weekend always make it so great and with the hospitality of Stan, Ed, Don and their partners it all makes for amazing time each year we come over.

    @kamac19 said:

    I shall be treating myself to a nice DSLR for my retirement present so better watch out for photos next year, will be even better or worse depends which end you looking at them from hehe

    Your not wrong Howie, I am still dying here to, though I cant remember kissing Zombo myself, and am sure I wasnt that pissed not to remember , unless Zombo took advantage whilst I was falling asleep in Scoundrels.

    I will follow on from what everyone said with regards this weekend, it was prob one my best trips to Cleveland so far, glad am back here in UK feeling like shite than suffering out there, but certainly cant wait to get back over next year, and may even come pester MarkO doing in San Diego one weekend next year if game falls right. The guys that hook up for this weekend always make it so great and with the hospitality of Stan, Ed, Don and their partners it all makes for amazing time each year we come over.

    Too bad they wait until like April to come out with the schedule for next year. At least we know that it looks like the Browns will be playing a last place schedule. Here at least are the teams that the Browns will almost surely be playing (based on fact that Miami and Indy are so far behind in their divisions):

    Home:

    Pitt

    Cincy

    Balt.

    Denver

    Kansas City

    Philadelphia

    Washington

    Miami

    Away:

    San Diego

    Oakland

    Dallas

    NY Giants

    Indianapolis

    Pitt.

    Cincy.

    Balt.

    So, it looks like you very well may be able to make that trip to San Diego and see a Browns game at the same time.

  • I was thinking of a San Diego trip next year.

    It's been a while since I caught a game on the road, and figure if I am going to travel a distance to watch the team lose, I might as well travel somewhere a bit nicer than Cleveland.

    Shoot, this sucks man. We aren't even through with this season and we are looking forward to next season. 😳

  • Not a bad thought....the game that is

  • Zombo said:

    Let's all go to San Diego and make Mark's life a living hell. We can all go together on a beach bungalow for the weekend.

    Z

    At Mark O's expense if he want to keep us out of his hair!!!

    FYI, ballpeen, on the issue of San Diego being "nicer" than Cleveland. A couple of years ago a magazine....maybe Forbes, maybe another one had this list of the "Most miserable cities in America" and it made Cleveland #1 on that list. Their methodology....supposedly was to take into account like 10 different factors and make a conclusion from those factors. The factors included things like unemployment, congestion, crime, cost of living, sports team success, rate of foreclosures, pollution rates, etc. etc. and finally, winter weather.

    Well.....believe it or not, San Diego scored WORSE on 9 of the 10 criteria. (they have more unemployment, a higher cost of living, higher foreclosure rate, more pollution (at least inland), more road congestion, and their sports team haven't won any titles in an even longer period than Cleveland. The ONLY criteria they ranked better than Cleveland on was winter weather...

    yet....it was Cleveland they surmised was the more miserable community based on that sole factor. Figure that out.

    Still, a road game in San Diego in late November or December would be nice, no doubt.