Skip to content

2011 Browns Board Weekend

The Browns Board
41 15 2.2k
  • Zombo said:

    Let's all go to San Diego and make Mark's life a living hell. We can all go together on a beach bungalow for the weekend.

    Z

    At Mark O's expense if he want to keep us out of his hair!!!

    FYI, ballpeen, on the issue of San Diego being "nicer" than Cleveland. A couple of years ago a magazine....maybe Forbes, maybe another one had this list of the "Most miserable cities in America" and it made Cleveland #1 on that list. Their methodology....supposedly was to take into account like 10 different factors and make a conclusion from those factors. The factors included things like unemployment, congestion, crime, cost of living, sports team success, rate of foreclosures, pollution rates, etc. etc. and finally, winter weather.

    Well.....believe it or not, San Diego scored WORSE on 9 of the 10 criteria. (they have more unemployment, a higher cost of living, higher foreclosure rate, more pollution (at least inland), more road congestion, and their sports team haven't won any titles in an even longer period than Cleveland. The ONLY criteria they ranked better than Cleveland on was winter weather...

    yet....it was Cleveland they surmised was the more miserable community based on that sole factor. Figure that out.

    Still, a road game in San Diego in late November or December would be nice, no doubt.

  • Forbes did, apparently, however, correct this outrage in their next year's list:

    http://www.forbes.com/2011/02/02/stockton-miami-cleveland-business-washington-miserable-cities.html

  • Zombo said:

    Let's all go to San Diego and make Mark's life a living hell. We can all go together on a beach bungalow for the weekend.

    Z

    Sounds like a road trip to me! Keep in mind, I live about 75 miles from where the Chargers play, unless they've moved to LA by then and then it all depends on where they play before the new stadium in downtown LA is complete.

  • @mark-o said:

    What the xxxx? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

    @howiedawg said:

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

    I do know that and that's why I had to give you crap for leaving me off the list! I'll take the bet that we get a sober version of you next year...It's only for one weekend and we all have a great time.

    As for you and Zombo coming back with colds....maybe it wasn't that he merely tackled you into the drum set on Friday night but that in his drunken state he kissed you and that's what caused the two of you to collapse into the drums. When I turned around he was laying on top of you on the stage....just a thought. Of course Keith didn't have his camera out when any of this happened!

    Great time as always....I miss all of you already and can't wait for next year.

  • Zombo said:

    Let's all go to San Diego and make Mark's life a living hell. We can all go together on a beach bungalow for the weekend.

    Z

    At Mark O's expense if he want to keep us out of his hair!!!

    FYI, ballpeen, on the issue of San Diego being "nicer" than Cleveland. A couple of years ago a magazine....maybe Forbes, maybe another one had this list of the "Most miserable cities in America" and it made Cleveland #1 on that list. Their methodology....supposedly was to take into account like 10 different factors and make a conclusion from those factors. The factors included things like unemployment, congestion, crime, cost of living, sports team success, rate of foreclosures, pollution rates, etc. etc. and finally, winter weather.

    Well.....believe it or not, San Diego scored WORSE on 9 of the 10 criteria. (they have more unemployment, a higher cost of living, higher foreclosure rate, more pollution (at least inland), more road congestion, and their sports team haven't won any titles in an even longer period than Cleveland. The ONLY criteria they ranked better than Cleveland on was winter weather...

    yet....it was Cleveland they surmised was the more miserable community based on that sole factor. Figure that out.

    Still, a road game in San Diego in late November or December would be nice, no doubt.

    @the-gipper said:

    At Mark O's expense if he want to keep us out of his hair!!!

    FYI, ballpeen, on the issue of San Diego being "nicer" than Cleveland. A couple of years ago a magazine....maybe Forbes, maybe another one had this list of the "Most miserable cities in America" and it made Cleveland #1 on that list. Their methodology....supposedly was to take into account like 10 different factors and make a conclusion from those factors. The factors included things like unemployment, congestion, crime, cost of living, sports team success, rate of foreclosures, pollution rates, etc. etc. and finally, winter weather.

    Well.....believe it or not, San Diego scored WORSE on 9 of the 10 criteria. (they have more unemployment, a higher cost of living, higher foreclosure rate, more pollution (at least inland), more road congestion, and their sports team haven't won any titles in an even longer period than Cleveland. The ONLY criteria they ranked better than Cleveland on was winter weather...

    yet....it was Cleveland they surmised was the more miserable community based on that sole factor. Figure that out.

    Still, a road game in San Diego in late November or December would be nice, no doubt.

    I know there are lot's of factors, but for me it is simply the eyeball factor and the golf shirt and shorts factor. 😉

  • Zombo said:

    Tank tops, bikinis and Daisy Dukes vs. Hoodies, sweaters and plastic pants.

    Z

    There is no way in hell I am going out on the piss with you if you are wearing Tank Top, Bikini and daisy dukes

  • Zombo in a tank top and daisy dukes? Yikes there's a mental image I didn't need.

  • @mark-o said:

    What the xxxx? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

    @howiedawg said:

    Jesus Marko - I knew that in my ultra tired state I would make a massive mistake on that post - and you were it!

    MarkO - you're like a brother to me you know that - I am looking forward to next year's events, although you may get a more sober version of me - I'm still not over the trip and it's Thursday - I'm blaming it on Zombo's cold.

    What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark o was your massive mistake? I'm tellin the cuz.

  • I can't believe this time last week we were cleveland bound and now I sit here full of Zombo's stage diving open field kissing tackle flu - that's the blues right there.

    So, the positive news is, only 51 weeks to go!

    San Diego sounds great but the journey back from cleveland is bad enough! let's see what the schedule throws at us in April.

    Until then I guess we will do the normal thing and keep ripping each other apart here on the board - back to normal.

    And Pavo Joe - how did I miss you of too! Sorry Mike - it was and always will be a very funny pleasure being in your company. I didn't include my cuz bec ause she has more sense than to hang around this board.

    All the best fellas - I miss you all enormously.

    H

  • Zombo said:

    Tank tops, bikinis and Daisy Dukes vs. Hoodies, sweaters and plastic pants.

    Z

    There is no way in hell I am going out on the piss with you if you are wearing Tank Top, Bikini and daisy dukes

    @kamac19 said:

    There is no way in hell I am going out on the piss with you if you are wearing Tank Top, Bikini and daisy dukes

    That is what he wears every day down there in Naples. Why would you want him to change out of what's comfortable for him? I mean, I understand that amongst his friends he is known as Zombo the Thong Monster.

  • @kamac19 said:

    There is no way in hell I am going out on the piss with you if you are wearing Tank Top, Bikini and daisy dukes

    That is what he wears every day down there in Naples. Why would you want him to change out of what's comfortable for him? I mean, I understand that amongst his friends he is known as Zombo the Thong Monster.

    @the-gipper said:

    Zombo the Thong Monster.

    coincidentally, that is what I call my penis.

    PS , put board names on that photo in the first post!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Zombo the Thong Monster.

    coincidentally, that is what I call my penis.

    PS , put board names on that photo in the first post!

    @halfsane said:

    coincidentally, that is what I call my penis.

    PS , put board names on that photo in the first post!

    thong05.jpg

  • ^

    that is about to give birth!

  • @howiedawg said:

    As I sit here back in England I wonder whether I can actually do another trip like that ever again.

    Having spent $180 dollars on alcohol within the first 5 hours of my trip to Cleveland perhaps I need to reconsider my approach to having a good time.

    Stan was the legendary party bringer yet again - how Kathy puts up with him I will never know. Thanks to you both for always taking such good care of us. Sorry if my stage invasion and Zombo's open field tackle on me into the band's drum set means you can't go back to Scoundrels ever again. I think taking to all the locals on that patio for 2 hours in short sleeves that night has also given me the worst cold ever - or was it kissing Zombo in our Sombrero hats?

    I look back on this weekend with many regrets - and they are that i did not speak to everyone on the board for long enough bur here's what i remember (there are large periods of the weekend that are a blur)

    It was great to see Ed and Mrs R - although I did promise not to return on her birthday weekend next year!

    Don and Don Jnr! Don I am not sure I hugged you enough this weekend! Had a great time with your son playing cornhole again - and even won a game this year.

    Ballpeen and Mrs Ballpeen - was great to chat to you at the Eastland Inn on Saturday night - wish I had spent more time with you at the tailgate

    Mr and Mrs Gipper - great to speak to you both on the Saturday night too - it was a real wonder I didn't need your legal services after this weekend!

    Westside Steve - Sorry I was son drunk when offered to play your guitar that I could hardly hold the pick! I'll try harder next year!! Your Martin is lovely and I have your skull and crossbones tee shirt to remind me of a great night - see you next year.

    Keith - I'm not going to let you take a camera out with you ever again

    Zombo - what can i say - you are a legend - despite the hibernation - it was a memorable one.

    There will be a movie made soon to commemorate - all the very best, Howie

    What the fuck? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    @mark-o said:

    What the fuck? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    I shan't make the same mistake about missing someone so key to what was a spectacular weekend ! I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to EVERYONE that I had the greatest pleasure in meeting, and to all the usual suspects - you know who you are - who continue to make this the most anticipated weekend of every year. Without the generosity and effort everyone goes to, this weekend would not be the same -THANKS !

    As a result of the weekends events I have created a "To do List" before our next visit;

    1) Purchase and install a mechanical liver with adjustable alcohol tolerance levels

    2) Get singing lessons - or just "do-one" when Howie says "Where's my wingman ? come and sing G" !!!

    3) Work out some, so I can stand in for "Oblong Banana"

    4) Learn the art of "Jedi" stealth mode so that Keith's camera perceives me as invisible !

    5) Work a bit harder so I can cope with the massive Bar bills

    and lastly 6) Practice the beer bong so it doesn't like like a clip from a b-rate 70's porno, although I reckon some people pay good money for that kind of footage, mmmmm there's a thought.

    Thanks again to ALL, G.

  • Thanks for keeping me steady as I mentioned in Zombos thread

  • Talking of the gman porno clip - can someone remind me how to post a youtube clip in a post, thanks.

  • Talking of the gman porno clip - can someone remind me how to post a youtube clip in a post, thanks.

    @howiedawg said:

    Talking of the gman porno clip - can someone remind me how to post a youtube clip in a post, thanks.

    Just paste the URL in Howie. I Changed the "h" to AN "x" for demonstration purposes.

    Xttp://

  • @mark-o said:

    What the fuck? I get left off of this after all the time we spent together this past weekend?????

    I agree that Keith is getting is camera taken away at approximately 8pm every day leading up to Sunday and he loses it after the game on Sunday, unless we win then he can only take pictures of all of us idiots celebrating the win.

    Guarenteed win on Sunday against the Faguars..

    I shan't make the same mistake about missing someone so key to what was a spectacular weekend ! I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to EVERYONE that I had the greatest pleasure in meeting, and to all the usual suspects - you know who you are - who continue to make this the most anticipated weekend of every year. Without the generosity and effort everyone goes to, this weekend would not be the same -THANKS !

    As a result of the weekends events I have created a "To do List" before our next visit;

    1) Purchase and install a mechanical liver with adjustable alcohol tolerance levels

    2) Get singing lessons - or just "do-one" when Howie says "Where's my wingman ? come and sing G" !!!

    3) Work out some, so I can stand in for "Oblong Banana"

    4) Learn the art of "Jedi" stealth mode so that Keith's camera perceives me as invisible !

    5) Work a bit harder so I can cope with the massive Bar bills

    and lastly 6) Practice the beer bong so it doesn't like like a clip from a b-rate 70's porno, although I reckon some people pay good money for that kind of footage, mmmmm there's a thought.

    Thanks again to ALL, G.

    @g_man said:

    I shan't make the same mistake about missing someone so key to what was a spectacular weekend ! I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to EVERYONE that I had the greatest pleasure in meeting, and to all the usual suspects - you know who you are - who continue to make this the most anticipated weekend of every year. Without the generosity and effort everyone goes to, this weekend would not be the same -THANKS !

    As a result of the weekends events I have created a "To do List" before our next visit;

    1) Purchase and install a mechanical liver with adjustable alcohol tolerance levels

    2) Get singing lessons - or just "do-one" when Howie says "Where's my wingman ? come and sing G" !!!

    3) Work out some, so I can stand in for "Oblong Banana"

    4) Learn the art of "Jedi" stealth mode so that Keith's camera perceives me as invisible !

    5) Work a bit harder so I can cope with the massive Bar bills

    and lastly 6) Practice the beer bong so it doesn't like like a clip from a b-rate 70's porno, although I reckon some people pay good money for that kind of footage, mmmmm there's a thought.

    Thanks again to ALL, G.

    I think it's the other way around G- I doubt we would ever have such a rallying of the troops if you, Howie, & Keith didn't make that annual trip. 🙂

    Larry

  • Thanks Larry. here is possibly one of the funniest moments I have had at all of the tailgates. Now if only G-Man had captured me running that perfect route and catch and landing in the hedge. Enjoy!