Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Tebow Is A Winner

Tebow Is A Winner

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
46 Posts 24 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 8k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #1

    We need ones of them.

    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • runyon27 runyon27R Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 713 Posts
      • 180 Reputation
      runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Dude is a horrible QB, I like Tebow as a person but that dude is awful. 9-20 for 104 yds. Sorry but I will pass.

      Tim Couch Pulls OutT J 2 Replies Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • bringbackbrownie2 B
        • 1k Posts
        • 118 Reputation
        B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        The Broncos can amazingly still make the playoffs by winning their division this year, but even if they do, they won't make it very far. It's only a matter of time before teams adjust and this Tebow experiment fails. Short term success - long term failure. I understand the approach though. If I'm John Fox I'm going to continue to do whatever it takes to win games. That's his job. But management will have an interesting decision to make next year in the draft..

        B S 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • B bringbackbrownie2

          The Broncos can amazingly still make the playoffs by winning their division this year, but even if they do, they won't make it very far. It's only a matter of time before teams adjust and this Tebow experiment fails. Short term success - long term failure. I understand the approach though. If I'm John Fox I'm going to continue to do whatever it takes to win games. That's his job. But management will have an interesting decision to make next year in the draft..

          bonedawg B
          • 847 Posts
          • 26 Reputation
          B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @bringbackbrownie2 said:

          The Broncos can amazingly still make the playoffs by winning their division this year, but even if they do, they won't make it very far. It's only a matter of time before teams adjust and this Tebow experiment fails. Short term success - long term failure. I understand the approach though. If I'm John Fox I'm going to continue to do whatever it takes to win games. That's his job. But management will have an interesting decision to make next year in the draft..

          Exactly, The Tebow experiment is working now because teams aren't sure how to gameplan for it. It's like the WildDawg for the Dolphins a few years back. It took teams by surprise and was successful until teams started figuring it out. With Denver, it's like they are in the WildDawg for every play except Jesus Tebow can kind of throw the ball too. Teams will figure it out in a few weeks and Jesus Tebow will stop walking on water and sink like a rock.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • runyon27R runyon27

            Dude is a horrible QB, I like Tebow as a person but that dude is awful. 9-20 for 104 yds. Sorry but I will pass.

            Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 8k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @runyon27 said:

            Dude is a horrible QB, I like Tebow as a person but that dude is awful. 9-20 for 104 yds. Sorry but I will pass.

            Dude is also 4-1.

            If you want pretty stats over wins, go root for Carolina. I'll take a W, no matter what it looks like.

            I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
            miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • Hunt Daddy H
              • 594 Posts
              • 72 Reputation
              H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Dammit. I came here to get away from hearing about Tim Tebow.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                @runyon27 said:

                Dude is a horrible QB, I like Tebow as a person but that dude is awful. 9-20 for 104 yds. Sorry but I will pass.

                Dude is also 4-1.

                If you want pretty stats over wins, go root for Carolina. I'll take a W, no matter what it looks like.

                miktoxic miktoxicM
                • 13k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
                #7

                @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                If you want pretty stats over wins, go root for Carolina.

                or you could root for the packers and have both.

                tebow is the antichrist.

                Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • miktoxicM miktoxic

                  @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                  If you want pretty stats over wins, go root for Carolina.

                  or you could root for the packers and have both.

                  tebow is the antichrist.

                  Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @miktoxic said:

                  or you could root for the packers and have both.

                  tebow is the antichrist.

                  No one compares to Aaron Rodgers. I love having him on my fantasy team. And I love Tebow as my backup.

                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    It may fail if Denver keeps running a hybrid as they seem to do for 3 qtrs. Then come the 4th qtr Tebow takes over, and you get what you get.

                    If Denver commits, which I think they will after this year, you'll see a "O" more in line with Tebows talents. You have to remember they just threw this together a few weeks ago.

                    As the playbook adjusts and the players adjust, it will work just fine.

                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                    B The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 270 Reputation
                      USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I can't stand this shit when people say "He's a winner." "The guy just wins."

                      Gimme a break. In college one player can dominate the game. In the NFL, everyone is a great and it's more about the team.

                      McCoy was a winner and just won... look at him. Same thing with Bradford, same thing with Bush and Leinart. Those fools "just won" and look how great they are.

                      Like what was said before, once a team stops him, everyone will copy that and he'll be a big Mike Vick that can't throw. I like the guy, he says and does all the right things, but i don't think he'll work out.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ballpeenB ballpeen

                        It may fail if Denver keeps running a hybrid as they seem to do for 3 qtrs. Then come the 4th qtr Tebow takes over, and you get what you get.

                        If Denver commits, which I think they will after this year, you'll see a "O" more in line with Tebows talents. You have to remember they just threw this together a few weeks ago.

                        As the playbook adjusts and the players adjust, it will work just fine.

                        beefjerky B
                        • 548 Posts
                        • 26 Reputation
                        B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @ballpeen said:

                        It may fail if Denver keeps running a hybrid as they seem to do for 3 qtrs. Then come the 4th qtr Tebow takes over, and you get what you get.

                        If Denver commits, which I think they will after this year, you'll see a "O" more in line with Tebows talents. You have to remember they just threw this together a few weeks ago.

                        As the playbook adjusts and the players adjust, it will work just fine.

                        I agree, I think it can actually work, it has nothing to do with "Tebow just wins(albeit he does have a good positive attitude)", it's the fact that style of play can actually be effective as it runs the game clock down and tires opposing defenses. He made some good throws too so it's not as if he can't develop into a decent enough passer, I'd take Tebow over Sanchez for sure(heh which isn't saying a whole lot).

                        I'd say Tebow is more like Vince Young, and before you go and say "who cares", Vince Young had a high winning % in Tennessee and had several good years, he just has a poor attitude, Tebow is the opposite in terms of attitude.

                        ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • B bringbackbrownie2

                          The Broncos can amazingly still make the playoffs by winning their division this year, but even if they do, they won't make it very far. It's only a matter of time before teams adjust and this Tebow experiment fails. Short term success - long term failure. I understand the approach though. If I'm John Fox I'm going to continue to do whatever it takes to win games. That's his job. But management will have an interesting decision to make next year in the draft..

                          sadbrownsfan S
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 41 Reputation
                          S sadbrownsfan wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @bringbackbrownie2 said:

                          The Broncos can amazingly still make the playoffs by winning their division this year, but even if they do, they won't make it very far. It's only a matter of time before teams adjust and this Tebow experiment fails. Short term success - long term failure. I understand the approach though. If I'm John Fox I'm going to continue to do whatever it takes to win games. That's his job. But management will have an interesting decision to make next year in the draft..

                          So your telling me that instead of trying to run his offense using personnel not suited for that style of offense an NFL coach adjusted his game calling? What a concept maybe someone should tell Holgrem....errr I mean Shurmmer

                          BrownIndianB Tim Couch Pulls OutT 2 Replies Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • S sadbrownsfan

                            @bringbackbrownie2 said:

                            The Broncos can amazingly still make the playoffs by winning their division this year, but even if they do, they won't make it very far. It's only a matter of time before teams adjust and this Tebow experiment fails. Short term success - long term failure. I understand the approach though. If I'm John Fox I'm going to continue to do whatever it takes to win games. That's his job. But management will have an interesting decision to make next year in the draft..

                            So your telling me that instead of trying to run his offense using personnel not suited for that style of offense an NFL coach adjusted his game calling? What a concept maybe someone should tell Holgrem....errr I mean Shurmmer

                            BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 39 Reputation
                            BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @sadbrownsfan said:

                            So your telling me that instead of trying to run his offense using personnel not suited for that style of offense an NFL coach adjusted his game calling? What a concept maybe someone should tell Holgrem....errr I mean Shurmmer

                            Spot on. If tebow was here he wouldn't be a winner.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • B beefjerky

                              @ballpeen said:

                              It may fail if Denver keeps running a hybrid as they seem to do for 3 qtrs. Then come the 4th qtr Tebow takes over, and you get what you get.

                              If Denver commits, which I think they will after this year, you'll see a "O" more in line with Tebows talents. You have to remember they just threw this together a few weeks ago.

                              As the playbook adjusts and the players adjust, it will work just fine.

                              I agree, I think it can actually work, it has nothing to do with "Tebow just wins(albeit he does have a good positive attitude)", it's the fact that style of play can actually be effective as it runs the game clock down and tires opposing defenses. He made some good throws too so it's not as if he can't develop into a decent enough passer, I'd take Tebow over Sanchez for sure(heh which isn't saying a whole lot).

                              I'd say Tebow is more like Vince Young, and before you go and say "who cares", Vince Young had a high winning % in Tennessee and had several good years, he just has a poor attitude, Tebow is the opposite in terms of attitude.

                              ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @beefjerky said:

                              I agree, I think it can actually work, it has nothing to do with "Tebow just wins(albeit he does have a good positive attitude)", it's the fact that style of play can actually be effective as it runs the game clock down and tires opposing defenses. He made some good throws too so it's not as if he can't develop into a decent enough passer, I'd take Tebow over Sanchez for sure(heh which isn't saying a whole lot).

                              I'd say Tebow is more like Vince Young, and before you go and say "who cares", Vince Young had a high winning % in Tennessee and had several good years, he just has a poor attitude, Tebow is the opposite in terms of attitude.

                              I understand what you are saying, but there is a "it" factor.

                              Call it leadership, whatever, but Tebow has it while as you noted with Young, he doesn't.

                              So it is a little of both. No, it isn't just because Tebow wins, but yes, it's because Tebow has a winners mentality.

                              Maybe put another way, he does a little less talking of the talk and a little more walking the walk.

                              Fair?

                              If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Banana Stand B
                                • 59 Posts
                                • 4 Reputation
                                B Banana Stand wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Mark Sanchez just won at USC and he is terrible.

                                Steve Holt is a bastard.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • BendMeOver BendMeOverB
                                  • 328 Posts
                                  • 7 Reputation
                                  BendMeOverB BendMeOver wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  The Broncos have a great defense, it keeps them in the games. No interception return, no victory.

                                  Tebow is lucky, especially against a "prevent" defense. Sooner or later his luck will run out.

                                  Rex Ryan is horrible at clock management.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Pumpkin Eater P
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 297 Reputation
                                    P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Teams have been defensing mobile QB's for decades, so they should already know how to stop Tebag. The problem is he can break tackles and run right over you. He does have some passing ability as well, if you notice the Broncos throw the ball deep every once in awhile to keep defenses honest.

                                    John Fox is a great coach and will adjust to any adjustments teams try to make.

                                    :neutral_face:
                                    runyon27R 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • P Pumpkin Eater

                                      Teams have been defensing mobile QB's for decades, so they should already know how to stop Tebag. The problem is he can break tackles and run right over you. He does have some passing ability as well, if you notice the Broncos throw the ball deep every once in awhile to keep defenses honest.

                                      John Fox is a great coach and will adjust to any adjustments teams try to make.

                                      runyon27 runyon27R Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                      • 713 Posts
                                      • 180 Reputation
                                      runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @pumpkin-eater said:

                                      Teams have been defensing mobile QB's for decades, so they should already know how to stop Tebag. The problem is he can break tackles and run right over you. He does have some passing ability as well, if you notice the Broncos throw the ball deep every once in awhile to keep defenses honest.

                                      John Fox is a great coach and will adjust to any adjustments teams try to make.

                                      I guess it depends on what you mean by some? I mean yes he throws the ball and less then 50% of the time people catch it. I like Tebow the person, I hate Tebow the QB. He sucks, if Kyle Orton played that game, they win by 20 pts because the Broncos D set them offense up like a half dozen times either on Jets side of the 50 or pretty close to it and they managed 3 pts. Sorry Tebow blows, he made some plays on that last drive almost all with his legs Denver can have him I dont want him.

                                      P 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                        It may fail if Denver keeps running a hybrid as they seem to do for 3 qtrs. Then come the 4th qtr Tebow takes over, and you get what you get.

                                        If Denver commits, which I think they will after this year, you'll see a "O" more in line with Tebows talents. You have to remember they just threw this together a few weeks ago.

                                        As the playbook adjusts and the players adjust, it will work just fine.

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @ballpeen said:

                                        It may fail if Denver keeps running a hybrid as they seem to do for 3 qtrs. Then come the 4th qtr Tebow takes over, and you get what you get.

                                        If Denver commits, which I think they will after this year, you'll see a "O" more in line with Tebows talents. You have to remember they just threw this together a few weeks ago.

                                        As the playbook adjusts and the players adjust, it will work just fine.

                                        It seems to be working....at least at the critical moments.

                                        But, the fact is, the Broncos are winning because their defense has been playing spectacularly, not because Tebow has. He gets the right thing done at the right time, but if that defense wasn't holding the opposition to almost nothing it wouldn't matter what he does.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                          @beefjerky said:

                                          I agree, I think it can actually work, it has nothing to do with "Tebow just wins(albeit he does have a good positive attitude)", it's the fact that style of play can actually be effective as it runs the game clock down and tires opposing defenses. He made some good throws too so it's not as if he can't develop into a decent enough passer, I'd take Tebow over Sanchez for sure(heh which isn't saying a whole lot).

                                          I'd say Tebow is more like Vince Young, and before you go and say "who cares", Vince Young had a high winning % in Tennessee and had several good years, he just has a poor attitude, Tebow is the opposite in terms of attitude.

                                          I understand what you are saying, but there is a "it" factor.

                                          Call it leadership, whatever, but Tebow has it while as you noted with Young, he doesn't.

                                          So it is a little of both. No, it isn't just because Tebow wins, but yes, it's because Tebow has a winners mentality.

                                          Maybe put another way, he does a little less talking of the talk and a little more walking the walk.

                                          Fair?

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @ballpeen said:

                                          I understand what you are saying, but there is a "it" factor.

                                          Call it leadership, whatever, but Tebow has it while as you noted with Young, he doesn't.

                                          I dont know...Young had it for some time....but lost it when defenses clued into him. Possibly the same thing could happen to Tebow.

                                          So it is a little of both. No, it isn't just because Tebow wins, but yes, it's because Tebow has a winners mentality.

                                          Maybe put another way, he does a little less talking of the talk and a little more walking the walk.

                                          Fair?

                                          Actually, it is more like less talking, less walking, more running!!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate