Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. I Was Wrong Post

I Was Wrong Post

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
10 Posts 9 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Represent R
    • 523 Posts
    • 24 Reputation
    R Represent wrote on last edited by Represent
    #1

    So after i demolished the browns in the offseason on these forums and then switching my mind around week 3 when we were 2-1 and had a nasty looking defense and a season where Hillis played in games... since then i have been completely WRONG... we xxxxing suck again our offense is worse then Tebow in Denver who is xxxxing 4-1 for real and our offense is worse and every team knows this run package for denver is coming.....

    The way it stands i am not sure if we even have a chance i'll be honest if the browns drafted a god dam stud i mean superstar level WR, colt steps his game up, and hillis returns to form i can't see the way we run the WCO to win games at all shurmurs decision making is sometimes so far xxxxing left it makes me sick I.E. running our tight end on 3 and 1, calling 4 yard out passes when we need 7 yards, and choosing to play for 3 every drive instead of 7 Ya he does that all the time, i was always one to give our coaches a few years to see what they could do (same for mangini i thought he deserved one more year even if it wouldve been bad he deserved a year) I will be the first guy right now to say it FIRE PAT SHURMUR He doesn't need another year at all i know what to expect from him now .... why he doesn't have an offense to highlight Colt Mccoys strengths is baffling to me.

    But back on topic i was wrong we aren't good and we won't be if we stay on this course xxxx it xxxx it and xxxx it I WAS WRONG.

    In Cleveland failure is an artform.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • choco chocoC
      • 4k Posts
      • 352 Reputation
      chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
      #2

      11-5 baby! Yeah!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • BrownIndian BrownIndianB
        • 2k Posts
        • 39 Reputation
        BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
        #3

        You are not the first to say fire shurmur. We already have a band wagon for that hopin sir. I was wrong my lofty expectations too, but all I care about now is righting the ship before it capsizes.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Gips GipsG
          • 3k Posts
          • 34 Reputation
          GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
          #4

          It really is to sad that any of us have to be wrong about this teams status and or progress so often, its useless to hold out any hope for this club, its players, regime and owner are total crap..

          Asking for an 8-8 season is asking for to much from this dysfunctional organization let alone a 10 win season..

          Unfortunately no heads are gonna roll in this "we have all the time in the world" FO atmosphere and we are in this slow simmering crockpot for 3 more years until holmgrens soup is scorched and then we get to start the same lerner failsauce recipe all over again with a fresh new cook that doesnt know what he is doing either..

          Yet as hard as this junk football that this organization brings us is to watch we will still watch it just like any other nfl fans but unlike most other team fans many of us can have little hope or expectations that things will improve or get better for any extended period of time..

          We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • daddybull1 D
            • 384 Posts
            • 19 Reputation
            D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Prior to the start of this season, who in their right mind thought the Browns would be a contender this season???

            Who thought the Browns would have a winning season???

            In addition to having a lot of holes on this team, we experienced injuries to key positions (Steinbach, MoMas and the entire running back corps).. Everyone hoped that finally the Robiskie experiment would come to fruition cause hell he's a buckeye...

            Lets get real everyone..We're headed in the right direction... We've had 2 very good drafts and have the ammunition (draft picks) to have a blockbuster draft this spring... Our rookie head coach is having growing pains but I believe has the passion to stabilize this ship...

            Suck it up this year cause 2012 should be the beginning of many strong seasons......

            Peace

            T.Dawg

            hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • D daddybull1

              Prior to the start of this season, who in their right mind thought the Browns would be a contender this season???

              Who thought the Browns would have a winning season???

              In addition to having a lot of holes on this team, we experienced injuries to key positions (Steinbach, MoMas and the entire running back corps).. Everyone hoped that finally the Robiskie experiment would come to fruition cause hell he's a buckeye...

              Lets get real everyone..We're headed in the right direction... We've had 2 very good drafts and have the ammunition (draft picks) to have a blockbuster draft this spring... Our rookie head coach is having growing pains but I believe has the passion to stabilize this ship...

              Suck it up this year cause 2012 should be the beginning of many strong seasons......

              Peace

              T.Dawg

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @daddybull1 said:

              Prior to the start of this season, who in their right mind thought the Browns would be a contender this season???

              Who thought the Browns would have a winning season???

              In addition to having a lot of holes on this team, we experienced injuries to key positions (Steinbach, MoMas and the entire running back corps).. Everyone hoped that finally the Robiskie experiment would come to fruition cause hell he's a buckeye...

              Lets get real everyone..We're headed in the right direction... We've had 2 very good drafts and have the ammunition (draft picks) to have a blockbuster draft this spring... Our rookie head coach is having growing pains but I believe has the passion to stabilize this ship...

              Suck it up this year cause 2012 should be the beginning of many strong seasons......

              Peace

              T.Dawg

              1) I never expected a contender this season, but go and explain how Dalton & Green have magically turned the Bengals into relevance, or Harbaugh with the same ground rules as Shurmur, having the 49ers do a 180. I'm not the only one saying Shurmur looks lost out there- the talking heads @ ESPN are saying the same thing, and if you've been following the Rams fans who dropped in this past week- they were happy to see him go. He's in the Red Zone, facing a depleted Rams secondary at the end of the game and doesn't have the balls to go for the winning TD- not once. I'm as old as you are, and I think I know what bad coaching looks like when I see it- and Shurmur sucks as a coach. He's getting his pants coached off every stinking week.

              Shiite, Holmgren has already said he's bringing in an OC next year- so how's that for a vote of no confidence?

              ballpeenB P 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hoortaH hoorta

                @daddybull1 said:

                Prior to the start of this season, who in their right mind thought the Browns would be a contender this season???

                Who thought the Browns would have a winning season???

                In addition to having a lot of holes on this team, we experienced injuries to key positions (Steinbach, MoMas and the entire running back corps).. Everyone hoped that finally the Robiskie experiment would come to fruition cause hell he's a buckeye...

                Lets get real everyone..We're headed in the right direction... We've had 2 very good drafts and have the ammunition (draft picks) to have a blockbuster draft this spring... Our rookie head coach is having growing pains but I believe has the passion to stabilize this ship...

                Suck it up this year cause 2012 should be the beginning of many strong seasons......

                Peace

                T.Dawg

                1) I never expected a contender this season, but go and explain how Dalton & Green have magically turned the Bengals into relevance, or Harbaugh with the same ground rules as Shurmur, having the 49ers do a 180. I'm not the only one saying Shurmur looks lost out there- the talking heads @ ESPN are saying the same thing, and if you've been following the Rams fans who dropped in this past week- they were happy to see him go. He's in the Red Zone, facing a depleted Rams secondary at the end of the game and doesn't have the balls to go for the winning TD- not once. I'm as old as you are, and I think I know what bad coaching looks like when I see it- and Shurmur sucks as a coach. He's getting his pants coached off every stinking week.

                Shiite, Holmgren has already said he's bringing in an OC next year- so how's that for a vote of no confidence?

                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @hoorta said:

                Shiite, Holmgren has already said he's bringing in an OC next year- so how's that for a vote of no confidence?

                I agree my friend.

                As to the coordinator, it will be curious to see if it is a real coordinator or just some lackey who is going to run this O and be called a coordinator.

                I don't mind if we keep the same O, but I would feel a lot better if Holmgren more or less told Shurmer this is the guy you need rather than Shurmer selecting some guy who has been his QB coach somewhere in the past.

                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • hoortaH hoorta

                  @daddybull1 said:

                  Prior to the start of this season, who in their right mind thought the Browns would be a contender this season???

                  Who thought the Browns would have a winning season???

                  In addition to having a lot of holes on this team, we experienced injuries to key positions (Steinbach, MoMas and the entire running back corps).. Everyone hoped that finally the Robiskie experiment would come to fruition cause hell he's a buckeye...

                  Lets get real everyone..We're headed in the right direction... We've had 2 very good drafts and have the ammunition (draft picks) to have a blockbuster draft this spring... Our rookie head coach is having growing pains but I believe has the passion to stabilize this ship...

                  Suck it up this year cause 2012 should be the beginning of many strong seasons......

                  Peace

                  T.Dawg

                  1) I never expected a contender this season, but go and explain how Dalton & Green have magically turned the Bengals into relevance, or Harbaugh with the same ground rules as Shurmur, having the 49ers do a 180. I'm not the only one saying Shurmur looks lost out there- the talking heads @ ESPN are saying the same thing, and if you've been following the Rams fans who dropped in this past week- they were happy to see him go. He's in the Red Zone, facing a depleted Rams secondary at the end of the game and doesn't have the balls to go for the winning TD- not once. I'm as old as you are, and I think I know what bad coaching looks like when I see it- and Shurmur sucks as a coach. He's getting his pants coached off every stinking week.

                  Shiite, Holmgren has already said he's bringing in an OC next year- so how's that for a vote of no confidence?

                  peterbell P
                  • 406 Posts
                  • 5 Reputation
                  P peterbell wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hoorta said:

                  1) I never expected a contender this season, but go and explain how Dalton & Green have magically turned the Bengals into relevance, or Harbaugh with the same ground rules as Shurmur, having the 49ers do a 180. I'm not the only one saying Shurmur looks lost out there- the talking heads @ ESPN are saying the same thing, and if you've been following the Rams fans who dropped in this past week- they were happy to see him go. He's in the Red Zone, facing a depleted Rams secondary at the end of the game and doesn't have the balls to go for the winning TD- not once. I'm as old as you are, and I think I know what bad coaching looks like when I see it- and Shurmur sucks as a coach. He's getting his pants coached off every stinking week.

                  Shiite, Holmgren has already said he's bringing in an OC next year- so how's that for a vote of no confidence?

                  So, basically Holmgren is saying Shumur sucks at the OC because of his HC responsiblities..but you(the fans) will have to live with it this year..really Mike?

                  Mangini get the heave ho because according to the Walrus Wins and losses are the bottom line..Oh..unless you're hand picked guy is running the show..

                  Now a throw away season or 2 is fine,,,F**k seriously..disgusting and depressing..

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • daddybull1 D
                    • 384 Posts
                    • 19 Reputation
                    D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I'm agreeing with ya, Shurmer does seem lost out there but isn't that the same ol' song we've been singing for the past 12 years??

                    You can't compete if you dont have the horses and face it, we dont have the horses...

                    I've, to a certain degree, lost interest in my beloved Browns... Sundays aren't the same and for some reason mondays after a loss aren't as devastating as they were in the past.. Have I come to expect it or have I been programed to accept it???

                    As a fan of this once proud franchise I can stop attending games, stop buying the gear, stop living and dying with every move the Browns make or just stop caring... Unfortunately I can't do any of these things cause I'm a Browns fan...

                    I cant do anything to help this team, my input in Berea is not wanted and letters to the editor / on message boards only allows me to vent and not improve the team...

                    Face it guys & gals, when you're losing you look lost....

                    As far as the niners and Harbaugh things are very different when comparing them to the Browns... They have a nuculas to build around.. Their star running back is focused on football whereas our guy is, well, lost... They're not playing their 4th and 5th option at running back with an offensive line that has more holes than that cheese called swiss... Their go to guy is not a special teams returner who wasn't even drafted but has become the only player on the team that gives us our only ray of hope..

                    I still say that next year should define this regime.... Could it be that Holmgren will return to the sidelines and Shurmer will become the NEW offensive coordinator??????

                    Peace

                    T.Dawg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      trust me, the reason we're losing clearly starts with Shurmer. I've been preaching this message for six weeks now, the guy has no passion and looks completely over his head. Mr Fickell at Ohio State is the same way. You want to know why Harbaugh is winning? It's simple, he has passion. When something goes wrong he's grabbing guys by the collar and demanding excellence. Whether or not people want to accept it people feed off a coaches energy. I mean hell, look at the top teams consistently in the NFL: Ravens, Pats, Steelers, recently Packers and Saints. It all starts with coaching in the NFL, and all those guys who coach those teams fall completely in my description. When they panned over to Shurmer when Phil botched that FG should sum it all up for people. He wasn't pissed, he wasn't passionate, he just had a blank helpless look on his face. I told my dad he literally looks like a lost child who doesn't know where to go to find his mom. I mean hell, how can you blame the offense when we run up the middle three times, one time with a damn TE?

                      Shurmer isn't an NFL coach, period. You can't fix what I just explained, you have to have it internally and he doesn't. Until we find a guy with that passion the Browns are doomed for failure, I promise you that. I don't care the talent we have.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate