Skip to content

Question From Out Of Town Guest

The Browns Board
27 9 1.4k
  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Dude this isn't Philly. Yea we hate your team, but no one is going to mess with you, maybe some razzing. Especially if you have your kid with you. Clevelanders are a loud drunk bunch, but some of the most respectful fans out there. There are a bunch of good lunch place near the stadium. Just do a search and you'll be fine. I like Paninis.

    I didn't mena to imply anything negative. To be honest, this is the first live game I have ever been to and simply have no idea how things work, etc. It is exciting and I appreciate your response. Good luck this weekend...I know we will need it!!!

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @schinz said:

    I didn't mena to imply anything negative. To be honest, this is the first live game I have ever been to and simply have no idea how things work, etc. It is exciting and I appreciate your response. Good luck this weekend...I know we will need it!!!

    No worries man. Didn't mean anything by it as well. Have fun.

  • @schinz said:

    I didn't mena to imply anything negative. To be honest, this is the first live game I have ever been to and simply have no idea how things work, etc. It is exciting and I appreciate your response. Good luck this weekend...I know we will need it!!!

    Not that it bothers me, but how can that team of yours kick the Steelers ass twice, yet choke it against the Jags and the Seahawks. Hell, even the Browns beat the Seahawks.

    S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    Not that it bothers me, but how can that team of yours kick the Steelers ass twice, yet choke it against the Jags and the Seahawks. Hell, even the Browns beat the Seahawks.

    LOL...yes, you obviously have some idea how embarrasing it is for us Raven fans to have that happen. If it stays on cycle we should beat Cincy this weekend, beat the 49rs Thanksgiving and lose to you all the 4th!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not that it bothers me, but how can that team of yours kick the Steelers ass twice, yet choke it against the Jags and the Seahawks. Hell, even the Browns beat the Seahawks.

    LOL...yes, you obviously have some idea how embarrasing it is for us Raven fans to have that happen. If it stays on cycle we should beat Cincy this weekend, beat the 49rs Thanksgiving and lose to you all the 4th!!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @schinz said:

    LOL...yes, you obviously have some idea how embarrasing it is for us Raven fans to have that happen. If it stays on cycle we should beat Cincy this weekend, beat the 49rs Thanksgiving and lose to you all the 4th!!

    I think it will be the Browns who decide the division title. Here is their schedule:

    Sunday

    Nov 20

    01:00 Jaguars @ BrownsCleveland Browns Stadium

    Nov 27

    01:00 Bengals @ BengalsPaul Brown Stadium

    Dec 04

    01:00 Ravens @ BrownsCleveland Browns Stadium

    Dec 08

    08:20 Steelers @ SteelersHeinz Field

    Dec 18

    01:15 Cardinals @ CardinalsUniversity Of Phoenix Stadium

    Dec 24

    01:00 @ Ravens M&T Bank Stadium

    Jan 01

    01:00 pmSteelers @ BrownsCleveland Browns Stadium

    2 games each against Rats and Squibs. 1 vs. Puddytats Whoever chokes it vs. the Browns (and I think someone will) will go down

  • S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

  • I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

    slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @schinz said:

    I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

    Yea it can get pretty brutal right off the lake, plenty of layers works fine for me

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

    Rick

    **********************

    I apologize for some of these Browns fans who said to wear layers, Rick.

    The dirty, stinkin, cheapshottin, lice harboring ratbirds?

    Everybody will be wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.... bring plenty of suntan lotion and your flip-flops.............🙄

  • I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @schinz said:

    I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

    Early December CAN be brutal, but not usually. Besides football, I do a lot of cold weather cycling so here's your basic tips. Always the first thing to go is your feet. Warm socks and some insulated boots (Sorel) help keep the toes warm. You lose a lot of heat through your head, so wear a stocking cap. And a tip from the Arctic- wind kills. You actually can be toasty at 20 below with no wind. Crank up a 40 mph blizzard at that temperature, and you're in trouble. It took me a few years to figure it out, but windproof clothing can change your comfort level by at least 10, if not 15 degrees.

  • Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

    Rick

    **********************

    I apologize for some of these Browns fans who said to wear layers, Rick.

    The dirty, stinkin, cheapshottin, lice harboring ratbirds?

    Everybody will be wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.... bring plenty of suntan lotion and your flip-flops.............🙄

    S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @calfoxwc said:

    Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

    Rick

    **********************

    I apologize for some of these Browns fans who said to wear layers, Rick.

    The dirty, stinkin, cheapshottin, lice harboring ratbirds?

    Everybody will be wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.... bring plenty of suntan lotion and your flip-flops.............🙄

    I thought they might be messing with me!!! 😎 B)

  • @schinz said:

    I have read weather can be pretty brutal there in December....Anyone have any dressing tips for weather in your stadium?

    Early December CAN be brutal, but not usually. Besides football, I do a lot of cold weather cycling so here's your basic tips. Always the first thing to go is your feet. Warm socks and some insulated boots (Sorel) help keep the toes warm. You lose a lot of heat through your head, so wear a stocking cap. And a tip from the Arctic- wind kills. You actually can be toasty at 20 below with no wind. Crank up a 40 mph blizzard at that temperature, and you're in trouble. It took me a few years to figure it out, but windproof clothing can change your comfort level by at least 10, if not 15 degrees.

    S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @hoorta said:

    Early December CAN be brutal, but not usually. Besides football, I do a lot of cold weather cycling so here's your basic tips. Always the first thing to go is your feet. Warm socks and some insulated boots (Sorel) help keep the toes warm. You lose a lot of heat through your head, so wear a stocking cap. And a tip from the Arctic- wind kills. You actually can be toasty at 20 below with no wind. Crank up a 40 mph blizzard at that temperature, and you're in trouble. It took me a few years to figure it out, but windproof clothing can change your comfort level by at least 10, if not 15 degrees.

    Thanks for the tip....I will focus on head, feet and windproofing!!

  • Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

    Rick

    B Browns24x7.com wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @schinz said:

    Hello all, I am an out of town guest from Baltimore who will be bringing his daughter, father and brother to the Brown's game against the Ravens on Dec. 4th. I have never been to your stadium and was wondering if there is a place we could get there early and sit down and have an early lunch? I am asking on here because I am wondering whether, if we are wearing our Raven's uniforms, we will be welcome at all in any of the eating palces you may have in the stadium? Thanks for any help anyone would be willing to give.

    Rick

    There are "those guys" in every stadium (except maybe Green Bay where those folks are SO hospitable). Just ignore the yahoos and all will be fine although I do recall a young Jets fan getting tackled by a couple of shit-faced Browns fans.

    But the way the Ravens season is going, Browns fans should be happy. The Ravens look like bird dung on the road v. sub .500 teams.

  • S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Does anyone know if you use the valet parking at the hard Rock can you take the shuttle or walk to the game and leave your vehicle at the Hard Rock? Thanks.

  • Does anyone know if you use the valet parking at the hard Rock can you take the shuttle or walk to the game and leave your vehicle at the Hard Rock? Thanks.

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @schinz said:

    Does anyone know if you use the valet parking at the hard Rock can you take the shuttle or walk to the game and leave your vehicle at the Hard Rock? Thanks.

    Exiting from The Hard Rock is a 10-15 minute walk to the Stadium. Head north and follow the crowd.

  • Does anyone know if you use the valet parking at the hard Rock can you take the shuttle or walk to the game and leave your vehicle at the Hard Rock? Thanks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @schinz said:

    Does anyone know if you use the valet parking at the hard Rock can you take the shuttle or walk to the game and leave your vehicle at the Hard Rock? Thanks.

    Yes, you can leave your car parked there and walk to the game. Its not far, only 3-4 blocks.

  • @schinz said:

    Does anyone know if you use the valet parking at the hard Rock can you take the shuttle or walk to the game and leave your vehicle at the Hard Rock? Thanks.

    Yes, you can leave your car parked there and walk to the game. Its not far, only 3-4 blocks.

    S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, you can leave your car parked there and walk to the game. Its not far, only 3-4 blocks.

    I just heard they moved the game to 4pm. I guess the Hard Rock Buffet is out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, you can leave your car parked there and walk to the game. Its not far, only 3-4 blocks.

    I just heard they moved the game to 4pm. I guess the Hard Rock Buffet is out.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @schinz said:

    I just heard they moved the game to 4pm. I guess the Hard Rock Buffet is out.

    I don't know why? Just come a little later and stay a little longer. I am sure they will accomodate you. Watch a bit of the early games before heading to the stadium.

  • @schinz said:

    I just heard they moved the game to 4pm. I guess the Hard Rock Buffet is out.

    I don't know why? Just come a little later and stay a little longer. I am sure they will accomodate you. Watch a bit of the early games before heading to the stadium.

    S schinz wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know why? Just come a little later and stay a little longer. I am sure they will accomodate you. Watch a bit of the early games before heading to the stadium.

    I just assumed the buffet would be over...what time does the brunch buffet go to? Good idea though...we can all root against Pittsburgh together!!!

  • VENOMV VENOM wrote on last edited by VENOM
    #27

    I've been there several times in my Steeler gear with no problems. The only out of towners I have ever seen treated poorly have usually asked for it! There are a few good places to eat near the stadium. I usually try to stop in at Fat Fish Blue. Good food and entertainment!!!

    http://www.fatfishblue.com/about.html