Skip to content

Ok, so no Pioli....you really want Ozzie Newsome

The Browns Board
11 3 1.2k
  • ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Correct me if I'm wrong but.... Newsome is untouchable because he is already a GM under contract...

  • Correct me if I'm wrong but.... Newsome is untouchable because he is already a GM under contract...

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #3

    AdaM said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong but.... Newsome is untouchable because he is already a GM under contract...

    Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

  • AdaM said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong but.... Newsome is untouchable because he is already a GM under contract...

    Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Masters said:

    Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

    Could make him a partner in ownership?

    hahahahahhahahaha

  • AdaM said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong but.... Newsome is untouchable because he is already a GM under contract...

    Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Masters said:

    Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

    There's always a greater title to be had. They're only titles.

    How about naming Newsome "Football God/Superexecutive VP"...see what I'm saying?

  • Masters said:

    Newsome is GM and Executive VP. He can't be had. There is no larger title to give him and he is under contract.

    There's always a greater title to be had. They're only titles.

    How about naming Newsome "Football God/Superexecutive VP"...see what I'm saying?

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #6

    mz. said:

    There's always a greater title to be had. They're only titles.

    How about naming Newsome "Football God/Superexecutive VP"...see what I'm saying?

    I wish it was that simple 🙁 I'd love to have him.

  • mz. said:

    There's always a greater title to be had. They're only titles.

    How about naming Newsome "Football God/Superexecutive VP"...see what I'm saying?

    I wish it was that simple 🙁 I'd love to have him.

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Masters said:

    I wish it was that simple 🙁 I'd love to have him.

    Ozzie just turned down the Browns request to interview Kokinis. He said he will do everything he can to keep him.

    That makes me want Kokinis even more now.

    I think Ozzie knows his shit.

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Reports are that it is in Kokinis contract that he can only get out of it if he gets a job that give him basically the same power Savage had in CLE. They also didn't turn down the Browns request. But CLE would have to wait until Sunday at the earliest.

    http://www.cleveland.com/brownsbeat/index....t_wait_unt.html

  • Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I know that it would have to be a promotion and GM would be a promotion from Director of Player personnel, but I never heard of the notion that you had to give a guy total control as a GM. Every GM position in the league is different and has different responsibilities. There are many coaches that have a say on roster and personnel. How could they say that this guy has to have total control.

    I really don't know about that.

  • I know that it would have to be a promotion and GM would be a promotion from Director of Player personnel, but I never heard of the notion that you had to give a guy total control as a GM. Every GM position in the league is different and has different responsibilities. There are many coaches that have a say on roster and personnel. How could they say that this guy has to have total control.

    I really don't know about that.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    I know that it would have to be a promotion and GM would be a promotion from Director of Player personnel, but I never heard of the notion that you had to give a guy total control as a GM. Every GM position in the league is different and has different responsibilities. There are many coaches that have a say on roster and personnel. How could they say that this guy has to have total control.

    I really don't know about that.

    People put all kinds of wierd ass shit in contracts anymore to hang on to guys they want to keep.

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    I know that it would have to be a promotion and GM would be a promotion from Director of Player personnel, but I never heard of the notion that you had to give a guy total control as a GM. Every GM position in the league is different and has different responsibilities. There are many coaches that have a say on roster and personnel. How could they say that this guy has to have total control.

    I really don't know about that.

    People put all kinds of wierd ass shit in contracts anymore to hang on to guys they want to keep.

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Masters said:

    People put all kinds of wierd ass shit in contracts anymore to hang on to guys they want to keep.

    I wouldn't think they would want to give Kokinis authority over Mangini or can they BS there way around that. Currently they don't have anybody really experienced in evaluating FAs. McCreight has been mostly college players and the draft.