Skip to content

The Gauntlet Begins

The Browns Board
18 16 1.2k
  • @tampadawgs said:

    we might win one more game.

    lose the rest. . .

    finish 5-11 . . .

    Shit I hope. . .

    CLE will be the underdawg for all of the remaining games.

    Doze of yinz who think that CLE will take even one from PIT are dreaming or tripping.

    A much better Browns team got the shit kicked outta them 41-9 by PIT at CLE in their previous meeting.

    CLE will be lucky to take ARI on the road.

    I wuz a fan of last years team.

    Not this years team.

    I expected CLE to get worse without Mangini and Ryan and sadly, I was right.

    And being right is not important to me.

    I wish I was proven wrong.

    I wish that CLE was fun to watch.

    I wish that CLE was still that team that could beat NE and NO, but they are not that team anymore.

    4-12

    My dear Browns fans, please take comfort that my predictions are virtually always wrong.

    @dick-mellon said:

    CLE will be the underdawg for all of the remaining games.

    Doze of yinz who think that CLE will take even one from PIT are dreaming or tripping.

    A much better Browns team got the shit kicked outta them 41-9 by PIT at CLE in their previous meeting.

    CLE will be lucky to take ARI on the road.

    I wuz a fan of last years team.

    Not this years team.

    I expected CLE to get worse without Mangini and Ryan and sadly, I was right.

    And being right is not important to me.

    I wish I was proven wrong.

    I wish that CLE was fun to watch.

    I wish that CLE was still that team that could beat NE and NO, but they are not that team anymore.

    4-12

    My dear Browns fans, please take comfort that my predictions are virtually always wrong.

    lol...your a douche....come back and talk after we shock the stools and take one...I love when assholes brag only to have it stuffed back down theyre throat!...Remember...ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!.... its why you play the games fucktard!

  • Starting this Sunday the Browns will be the gauntlet where we play 5 division games in a span of 6 weeks. We start versus Cincinnati then Baltimore and Pittsburgh then roll into Arizona for our one non-division game and then end the season versus Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

    How does everyone think we will fair during our last 6 games? I think we can take Arizona meanwhile exacting some revenge on Cincinnati and possibly taking one from Pittsburgh. As hard it is to say I do see the Ratbirds sweeping us, Ray Rice may be too much for us. Retrospectively though, we did a good job containing MJD who is just like Rice. Perhaps it will come down to which Flacco we see. 3-3 over the last six games to finish the season 7-9.

    @sheepdog said:

    Starting this Sunday the Browns will be the gauntlet where we play 5 division games in a span of 6 weeks. We start versus Cincinnati then Baltimore and Pittsburgh then roll into Arizona for our one non-division game and then end the season versus Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

    How does everyone think we will fair during our last 6 games? I think we can take Arizona meanwhile exacting some revenge on Cincinnati and possibly taking one from Pittsburgh. As hard it is to say I do see the Ratbirds sweeping us, Ray Rice may be too much for us. Retrospectively though, we did a good job containing MJD who is just like Rice. Perhaps it will come down to which Flacco we see. 3-3 over the last six games to finish the season 7-9.

    WE HAVE NO OFFENSE WE WILL LOSE AT LEAST FOUR IF NOT ALL

  • im going with jibz here....6 straight losses. could possibly beat arizona, but we're gonna get so beat up that the current injuries will look benign.

  • One more game, two if we are really lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 0-6 at this time.

  • I predicted we would go 5-11 before the season even started. It was mostly due to the fact we HAD a losing record coming into this year, then we had to go through a huge coaching purge, and they handed the starting job over to a rookie qb with little experience. 5-11 is my prediction and I am sticking with it.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Mangini gets canned with 5-11 and improvement..

    What's Murmur get with a shitty 5-11 with an easier schedule?

    Praised.

    Hell no, but he does get one more year at least, personally I think he should get at least 2 more years. This two years and out bullshit isn't ever going to build us anything good.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Mangini gets canned with 5-11 and improvement..

    What's Murmur get with a shitty 5-11 with an easier schedule?

    Praised.

    Is it just me or is nobody on this board going to give Shurmur ANY credit for some of the adjustments he has had to make this year...AS A ROOKIE HC... I think he deserves as much leway as a rookie QB or any rookie player for that matter. His adjustments going into the last game against JAX are praiseworthy. Let's see what he does the rest of the year with devastating injuries on O and D against some fierce competetion.

    Sticking with Luvao and Pinkston was a good decision, as they are seeming to get better each week...

    Getting McCoy to throw downfield against JAX...

    Sticking to the running game, despite being down to your 4th string RB...

    Letting Norwood get involved and show his RAC ability...

    Cutting Robiskie...

    You'll never convince me that his coaching game-plan hasn't gotten better each week. Give him time to develop as a coach. My fear is that many ignorant fans in Cleveland will be too busy calling for his head to give him a chance, but what do I know???

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Mangini gets canned with 5-11 and improvement..

    What's Murmur get with a shitty 5-11 with an easier schedule?

    Praised.

    Is it just me or is nobody on this board going to give Shurmur ANY credit for some of the adjustments he has had to make this year...AS A ROOKIE HC... I think he deserves as much leway as a rookie QB or any rookie player for that matter. His adjustments going into the last game against JAX are praiseworthy. Let's see what he does the rest of the year with devastating injuries on O and D against some fierce competetion.

    Sticking with Luvao and Pinkston was a good decision, as they are seeming to get better each week...

    Getting McCoy to throw downfield against JAX...

    Sticking to the running game, despite being down to your 4th string RB...

    Letting Norwood get involved and show his RAC ability...

    Cutting Robiskie...

    You'll never convince me that his coaching game-plan hasn't gotten better each week. Give him time to develop as a coach. My fear is that many ignorant fans in Cleveland will be too busy calling for his head to give him a chance, but what do I know???

    @albinorhino40 said:

    Is it just me or is nobody on this board going to give Shurmur ANY credit for some of the adjustments he has had to make this year...AS A ROOKIE HC... I think he deserves as much leway as a rookie QB or any rookie player for that matter. His adjustments going into the last game against JAX are praiseworthy. Let's see what he does the rest of the year with devastating injuries on O and D against some fierce competetion.

    Sticking with Luvao and Pinkston was a good decision, as they are seeming to get better each week...

    Getting McCoy to throw downfield against JAX...

    Sticking to the running game, despite being down to your 4th string RB...

    Letting Norwood get involved and show his RAC ability...

    Cutting Robiskie...

    You'll never convince me that his coaching game-plan hasn't gotten better each week. Give him time to develop as a coach. My fear is that many ignorant fans in Cleveland will be too busy calling for his head to give him a chance, but what do I know???

    While I don't think Shurmur will be anything more than Holgrem's puppet.... you forgot one major point no offseason to install a new offense, with a whole set of new coaches, and a new qb.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Mangini gets canned with 5-11 and improvement..

    What's Murmur get with a shitty 5-11 with an easier schedule?

    Praised.

    Is it just me or is nobody on this board going to give Shurmur ANY credit for some of the adjustments he has had to make this year...AS A ROOKIE HC... I think he deserves as much leway as a rookie QB or any rookie player for that matter. His adjustments going into the last game against JAX are praiseworthy. Let's see what he does the rest of the year with devastating injuries on O and D against some fierce competetion.

    Sticking with Luvao and Pinkston was a good decision, as they are seeming to get better each week...

    Getting McCoy to throw downfield against JAX...

    Sticking to the running game, despite being down to your 4th string RB...

    Letting Norwood get involved and show his RAC ability...

    Cutting Robiskie...

    You'll never convince me that his coaching game-plan hasn't gotten better each week. Give him time to develop as a coach. My fear is that many ignorant fans in Cleveland will be too busy calling for his head to give him a chance, but what do I know???

    @albinorhino40 said:

    Is it just me or is nobody on this board going to give Shurmur ANY credit for some of the adjustments he has had to make this year...AS A ROOKIE HC... I think he deserves as much leway as a rookie QB or any rookie player for that matter. His adjustments going into the last game against JAX are praiseworthy. Let's see what he does the rest of the year with devastating injuries on O and D against some fierce competetion.

    Sticking with Luvao and Pinkston was a good decision, as they are seeming to get better each week...

    Getting McCoy to throw downfield against JAX...

    Sticking to the running game, despite being down to your 4th string RB...

    Letting Norwood get involved and show his RAC ability...

    Cutting Robiskie...

    You'll never convince me that his coaching game-plan hasn't gotten better each week. Give him time to develop as a coach. My fear is that many ignorant fans in Cleveland will be too busy calling for his head to give him a chance, but what do I know???

    As other have said I think Holmgren reamed out Shurmur after the loss to the Rams. Getting Norwood involved, and letting McCoy operate out of the shotgun were improvements. As a side note, either play Carlton Mitchell to see what he can do or cut him.

  • im going with jibz here....6 straight losses. could possibly beat arizona, but we're gonna get so beat up that the current injuries will look benign.

    @choco said:

    im going with jibz here....6 straight losses. could possibly beat arizona, but we're gonna get so beat up that the current injuries will look benign.

    bum