Justin Blackmon
-
SEC defenses are pretty much NFL defenses these days. Trent Richardson would be a nice pick too, but that being said, we're thinner at WR I think.
SEC defenses are pretty much NFL defenses these days. Trent Richardson would be a nice pick too, but that being said, we're thinner at WR I think.
Yes, compare the top 10 RBs this year, and the top 10 wrs. The odds of having a winning record are better going with the wr.
-
I want Blackmon so bad, but I don't think we'll be picking high enough for him

I want Blackmon so bad, but I don't think we'll be picking high enough for him

Unfortunately, you are dead correct.
As it stands right now the Browns have the 13th and 25th picks. "With the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, quarterback Stanford." "With the second pick in the NFL draft (the WR depleted) St Louis Rams select Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State." It would take the farm to move up to the Rams spot to get him. -
I want Blackmon so bad, but I don't think we'll be picking high enough for him

Unfortunately, you are dead correct.
As it stands right now the Browns have the 13th and 25th picks. "With the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, quarterback Stanford." "With the second pick in the NFL draft (the WR depleted) St Louis Rams select Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State." It would take the farm to move up to the Rams spot to get him.Unfortunately, you are dead correct.
As it stands right now the Browns have the 13th and 25th picks. "With the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, quarterback Stanford." "With the second pick in the NFL draft (the WR depleted) St Louis Rams select Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State." It would take the farm to move up to the Rams spot to get him.Actually, right now, the Browns could have as high as the 7th pick...or as low at the 14th The current order is:
1. Colts with 0-11
2-3 Rams, Vikings 2-9
4-6. Panthers, Jags, Dolphins 3-8
7-14: Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins, Bucs, Seahawks, Cards, all with 4-7 records.
I would wager that none of those teams have as difficult of a remaing schedule as the Browns do.
-
Unfortunately, you are dead correct.
As it stands right now the Browns have the 13th and 25th picks. "With the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck, quarterback Stanford." "With the second pick in the NFL draft (the WR depleted) St Louis Rams select Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State." It would take the farm to move up to the Rams spot to get him.Actually, right now, the Browns could have as high as the 7th pick...or as low at the 14th The current order is:
1. Colts with 0-11
2-3 Rams, Vikings 2-9
4-6. Panthers, Jags, Dolphins 3-8
7-14: Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins, Bucs, Seahawks, Cards, all with 4-7 records.
I would wager that none of those teams have as difficult of a remaing schedule as the Browns do.
Actually, right now, the Browns could have as high as the 7th pick...or as low at the 14th The current order is:
1. Colts with 0-11
2-3 Rams, Vikings 2-9
4-6. Panthers, Jags, Dolphins 3-8
7-14: Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins, Bucs, Seahawks, Cards, all with 4-7 records.
I would wager that none of those teams have as difficult of a remaing schedule as the Browns do.
I would have lost my bet.....but only barely. The 8 teams now with 4-7 records have games left with teams with the following records:
KC Chiefs 37-18
Browns 36-19 The kicker is that the Chiefs have a game left vs. the 11-0 Packers
Chargers 33-22
Cards 21-24
Eagles 27-28
Redskins 26-28
Seahawks 26-29
Bucs 23-32
-
Actually, right now, the Browns could have as high as the 7th pick...or as low at the 14th The current order is:
1. Colts with 0-11
2-3 Rams, Vikings 2-9
4-6. Panthers, Jags, Dolphins 3-8
7-14: Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins, Bucs, Seahawks, Cards, all with 4-7 records.
I would wager that none of those teams have as difficult of a remaing schedule as the Browns do.
I would have lost my bet.....but only barely. The 8 teams now with 4-7 records have games left with teams with the following records:
KC Chiefs 37-18
Browns 36-19 The kicker is that the Chiefs have a game left vs. the 11-0 Packers
Chargers 33-22
Cards 21-24
Eagles 27-28
Redskins 26-28
Seahawks 26-29
Bucs 23-32
I would have lost my bet.....but only barely. The 8 teams now with 4-7 records have games left with teams with the following records:
KC Chiefs 37-18
Browns 36-19 The kicker is that the Chiefs have a game left vs. the 11-0 Packers
Chargers 33-22
Cards 21-24
Eagles 27-28
Redskins 26-28
Seahawks 26-29
Bucs 23-32
Gips I was factoring in the "strength of schedule" tiebreaker. I believe the league standings @ NFL.com take that into account. The thinking is a team with a "weaker" schedule with an identical record is "worse" than the one that played a tougher schedule.
-
I would have lost my bet.....but only barely. The 8 teams now with 4-7 records have games left with teams with the following records:
KC Chiefs 37-18
Browns 36-19 The kicker is that the Chiefs have a game left vs. the 11-0 Packers
Chargers 33-22
Cards 21-24
Eagles 27-28
Redskins 26-28
Seahawks 26-29
Bucs 23-32
Gips I was factoring in the "strength of schedule" tiebreaker. I believe the league standings @ NFL.com take that into account. The thinking is a team with a "weaker" schedule with an identical record is "worse" than the one that played a tougher schedule.
Gips I was factoring in the "strength of schedule" tiebreaker. I believe the league standings @ NFL.com take that into account. The thinking is a team with a "weaker" schedule with an identical record is "worse" than the one that played a tougher schedule.
Yes, with that it appears that right now they could be picking 13th....but I too am taking into account that strength of schedule component and am saying that it will be easier for those other 4-7 teams to win more games in the next 5 than it will be for the Browns to win.
The Browns may likely be favored to win NO more of the games they play. Only the AZ game looks close, and with home field the Cards are likely to be picked to win. And besides the Browns, they have another winnable game vs. the Seahawks. Likewise, Seattle has winnable games vs. AZ...and also St. Louis and Philly.
Yes, the Chiefs will NOT be favored in any of their 5 games vs. Chicago/Jets/Packers/Raiders/Broncos.
Philly has winnable games vs. Miami and Wash. Tampa Bay plays Carolina twice and the Jags. Redskins play Minnesota and Philly; San Diego will be favored vs. the Jags, and have an iffy game vs. Buffalo, but will be picked to lose to Balt., Det. and Oakland.
Unfortuneatly, it looks like mikey's prediction of from 6-8 could be accurate.
-
Gips I was factoring in the "strength of schedule" tiebreaker. I believe the league standings @ NFL.com take that into account. The thinking is a team with a "weaker" schedule with an identical record is "worse" than the one that played a tougher schedule.
Yes, with that it appears that right now they could be picking 13th....but I too am taking into account that strength of schedule component and am saying that it will be easier for those other 4-7 teams to win more games in the next 5 than it will be for the Browns to win.
The Browns may likely be favored to win NO more of the games they play. Only the AZ game looks close, and with home field the Cards are likely to be picked to win. And besides the Browns, they have another winnable game vs. the Seahawks. Likewise, Seattle has winnable games vs. AZ...and also St. Louis and Philly.
Yes, the Chiefs will NOT be favored in any of their 5 games vs. Chicago/Jets/Packers/Raiders/Broncos.
Philly has winnable games vs. Miami and Wash. Tampa Bay plays Carolina twice and the Jags. Redskins play Minnesota and Philly; San Diego will be favored vs. the Jags, and have an iffy game vs. Buffalo, but will be picked to lose to Balt., Det. and Oakland.
Unfortuneatly, it looks like mikey's prediction of from 6-8 could be accurate.
Yes, with that it appears that right now they could be picking 13th....but I too am taking into account that strength of schedule component and am saying that it will be easier for those other 4-7 teams to win more games in the next 5 than it will be for the Browns to win.
The Browns may likely be favored to win NO more of the games they play. Only the AZ game looks close, and with home field the Cards are likely to be picked to win. And besides the Browns, they have another winnable game vs. the Seahawks. Likewise, Seattle has winnable games vs. AZ...and also St. Louis and Philly.
Yes, the Chiefs will NOT be favored in any of their 5 games vs. Chicago/Jets/Packers/Raiders/Broncos.
Philly has winnable games vs. Miami and Wash. Tampa Bay plays Carolina twice and the Jags. Redskins play Minnesota and Philly; San Diego will be favored vs. the Jags, and have an iffy game vs. Buffalo, but will be picked to lose to Balt., Det. and Oakland.
Unfortuneatly, it looks like mikey's prediction of from 6-8 could be accurate.
As you can see below only Arizona & Washington have a SOS better than the Browns, so yes good chance as you guys have been saying that 6-8 is a good possiblity, will be interesting come the Arizona game to see where we are in relation to them, as that is when you might be starting to think about wanting not to win games as much, even though It is hard to take and imagine player not playing to their fullest.

-
I'll take Floyd everyday of the week over Blackmon. He's the only guy that can consistently take a 5 yard catch and turn it into a 15 yard gain. He's almost never tackled bye the first defender. If were going to continue to run this offense he is a perfect fit. Blackmon's gonna be a good player but he makes way to many boneheaded mistakes and benefits hugely from Weeden playing QB, that kid can play.
Floyd is like a bigger more physical Blackmon, why wouldn't you want that?
-
mikeyP72 said:
Floyd is looking like he will be the pick, I'm happy with that. He's been impressive his entire collegiate career.
I don't think there is any way you can make that prediction, really. You can say "it looks like the Browns will select between x and y and it looks like Floyd is rated between x and y" but you can never tell about various factors:
A. Who will be coming out in the draft or staying in school
B. Who will drop to the Browns/who will be picked ahead of their spot
C. Who does our GM/HC like? They may think is merely a clone of Greg Little. They may want more of a speed burner. Will they draft a position of need?
D. Who else will be available who will be attractive to them? What if Blackmon IS there? What if Trent Richardson is?
-
mikeyP72 said:
True Gip.
I should rephrase. If not Blackmon, then I would like the pick to be Floyd.
Floyd's got great stats- but sheezee I hope the kid's just been young and stupid, I don't want another Donte Stallworth on the Browns- two busts for underage drinking (hard to do on a college campus) and a 1.9 DUI? I'm inclined to pass, and take a look at Alshon Jeffrey from SC- Walter's mock has him going way ahead of Floyd- second only to Blackmon, and the Browns not even having a shot at him. BTW, they have the Browns taking Richardson, which I'm fine with assuming Hillis walks.
And should Floyd slide all the way down to the Browns (Atlanta) pick, well, that's a different story- I say hell yes @ 25, and get a linebacker with our high second rounder.
-
mikeyP72 said:
True Gip.
I should rephrase. If not Blackmon, then I would like the pick to be Floyd.
Floyd's got great stats- but sheezee I hope the kid's just been young and stupid, I don't want another Donte Stallworth on the Browns- two busts for underage drinking (hard to do on a college campus) and a 1.9 DUI? I'm inclined to pass, and take a look at Alshon Jeffrey from SC- Walter's mock has him going way ahead of Floyd- second only to Blackmon, and the Browns not even having a shot at him. BTW, they have the Browns taking Richardson, which I'm fine with assuming Hillis walks.
And should Floyd slide all the way down to the Browns (Atlanta) pick, well, that's a different story- I say hell yes @ 25, and get a linebacker with our high second rounder.
Floyd's got great stats- but sheezee I hope the kid's just been young and stupid, I don't want another Donte Stallworth on the Browns- two busts for underage drinking (hard to do on a college campus) and a 1.9 DUI? I'm inclined to pass, and take a look at Alshon Jeffrey from SC- Walter's mock has him going way ahead of Floyd- second only to Blackmon, and the Browns not even having a shot at him. BTW, they have the Browns taking Richardson, which I'm fine with assuming Hillis walks.
And should Floyd slide all the way down to the Browns (Atlanta) pick, well, that's a different story- I say hell yes @ 25, and get a linebacker with our high second rounder.
Sounds like a plan. Get those playmakers we have been screaming about in the first round, then get the LB we desperately need in Round 2.
I hear that Fujita is out of action for some time. May even be placed on IR.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login