Skip to content

Hillis Practices Thurs And Fri

The Browns Board
9 5 599
  • No one has heard? Shurmur said in an interview today that hillis has shown improvement and participated in team drills without a problem. Hillis said he's ready and exicited to get back out on the field. As of now Shurmur said it will be a game time decision. If hillis plays, will the outcome of the battle of ohio be a bit different Sunday???

  • This is great news, the best way to get these fans and this organization back in his good graces is to play and play well Sunday. Im going to the game and have great tickets, this has me even more excited! As much as i've been pissed off at Hillis this season it will all change if i see him run over the Bengals defenders. I'll be wearing my Hillis jersey now in hopes of him playing!

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/11/cleveland_browns_rb_peyton_hil_17.html

    BEREA -- Browns running back Peyton Hillis participated in team drills today and expects to play Sunday in Cincinnati.

    Coach Pat Shurmur said he is a game-time decision.

    "I'm excited I feel 100% again,'' he said. "It's looking very positive for this game.''

    Hillis took plenty of reps in practice today and is on pace to play for the first time since early on in the Oakland game Oct. 16.

    "We're all shooting for this Sunday,'' he said. "I'm working my best to get out there, and I'm looking forward to the opportunity. I'm eager and excited about it."

    On Monday, Shurmur had ruled Hillis out for Sunday's game, but Hillis made such strong progress Thursday and today that he's expected to play.

    Hillis said his recovery was hastened by a Platelet Rich Plasma injection in the hamstring about two-and-a-half weeks ago.

    Running back Montario Hardesty is expected to start and share the running load with Hillis and Chris Ogbonnaya. Shurmur said that when all three are healthy, Hillis will start, Hardesty will be No. 2 and Ogbonnaya No. 3.

  • Whatever ....

  • Kosar you telling me if the guy comes back and plays anywhere near last season and helps us beat the Ravens and Steelers that you'll still hate him? Come on man..

  • No, you are right, but I cannot get over the image of a guy that simply had a real good season, got some fame and turned into a jackass. Last season I was on board with this guy 100%, although I will never buy a jersey of a player who hasn't REALLY (in my mind) proven himself a dedicated Brown. Just can't help but think he watches his team, week after week struggle like hell and does not do all he can (especially while a guy like Colt McCoy gets the crap kicked out of him week after week and still keeps getting up and chasing the win), to get this team get on track. We DID NOT go into this season weaponless and really had some hope for a decent showing this year. This guy just makes me think he's a year at a time guy, chasing what he can get for HIMSELF ALONE. Really stinks. If we were to do as you say, yes by season's end, I might rethink his dedication although I believe next season he'll be looking for a new home (and as for now, good ridence) but if he did what he's capable and we ended on a high and he returned, yes I'd rethink my image of Peyton Hillis.

    For now, whatever ...

    I can't believe I'm alone in this mindset. He has really dumped on this season, justifiably or not, we'll eventually get the real story, but SEEMS more unjustified than actually giving a damn.

    I would actually LOVE to be completely wrong on this theory. I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I refuse to go into each week thinking "I Hope Hillis plays". I don't believe he really cares to yet and when he does, he's got allot of proving to do for me and I believe allot of others.

  • I feel ya, I too was angry at what i've read about Hillis and when Joe Thomas comes out and says you've changed you know somethings not right and you better check yourself! However, theres alot of season left and he was a big part of this offense, we know what hes capable of dishing out on opposing D's. Granted, if he can get his mind and attitude straight it would be a great thing for this team and the fans. He brings another dimension to this offense and they will have to respect the run game which in the end helps Colt have a big game with his arm. As far as having his jersey it was a gift and i haven't worn it all season all two jerseys ive ever bought were a custome number 7 with my name and a Thomas jersey both were great investments. I think its time to break it out and leave the Thomas/Custom jerseys in the closet for the game Sunday. Here's to hoping he wins us back Kosar i've got great seats and id like to see a competitive game! \m/

  • I truly hope you get the game you're looking for ... especially since we're both looking for the same thing.

    Enjoy the game, have a ball !!

  • I would very much in enjoy a three-headed monster at running back.

  • Dont know if its a three headed monster. Hillis just need to be a short yard back, thats it. I never have been a fan of Hillis, but will say the man can get 2 yrds everytime.

    Hardesty- had such high hopes, but can never stay on the field.

    I think Hillis should get 6-8 carries, Hardesty 8-10 carries, Ogbonnaya the rest. Ogbonnaya should also have EVERY THIRD DOWN. We have to see if this kid can play in the NFL every game and be a solid running back.