Skip to content

Change Is Coming..

The Browns Board
82 32 8.0k
  • Why not just copy the longhorns uniform? They could keep roughly the same colors, colt would feel better and wed look like what we play like, a college team.

  • N Neo
    Green Bay has essentially worn the same jerseys as long as I can remember

    How many other teams have changed their uniforms?

    San Diego

    Denver

    New England

    Tampa Bay

    Jets

    Giants

    Bills

    Lions

    Eagles

    Falcons

    So why not us?

    @neo said:

    How many other teams have changed their uniforms?

    San Diego

    Denver

    New England

    Tampa Bay

    Jets

    Giants

    Bills

    Lions

    Eagles

    Falcons

    So why not us?

    San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

    Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

    Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

    Bill-switched back to traditional look

    Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

    Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

  • @neo said:

    How many other teams have changed their uniforms?

    San Diego

    Denver

    New England

    Tampa Bay

    Jets

    Giants

    Bills

    Lions

    Eagles

    Falcons

    So why not us?

    San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

    Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

    Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

    Bill-switched back to traditional look

    Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

    Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

    Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

    Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

    Bill-switched back to traditional look

    Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

    Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

    So it is still a change. Anything that is not what it was before is a CHANGE. As one poster has stated we had white helmets at one point. Why not go back to it as an alternate? Or introduce a new color as an experimental alternate uni?

  • Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

  • N Neo

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

    Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

    Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

    Bill-switched back to traditional look

    Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

    Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

    So it is still a change. Anything that is not what it was before is a CHANGE. As one poster has stated we had white helmets at one point. Why not go back to it as an alternate? Or introduce a new color as an experimental alternate uni?

    @neo said:

    So it is still a change. Anything that is not what it was before is a CHANGE. As one poster has stated we had white helmets at one point. Why not go back to it as an alternate? Or introduce a new color as an experimental alternate uni?

    The Browns have made various changes to their uniforms over the years. Perhaps you just didn't notice:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_and_uniforms_of_the_Cleveland_Browns

  • Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

    @tampadawgs said:

    Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

    If you are worried about fashion issues, go spend your time on the Project Runway forum:

    http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3260767

    I happen to own a couple of nice Browns polo shirts. One is brown with a Browns logo on it. It is quite nice. People like it. If it is not good enough for you, go buy something else. WTF color do you think you are going to get when you buy a Cleveland Browns piece of paraphenalia? Mauve or chartreuse?

  • Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

    @tampadawgs said:

    Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

    I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

  • N Neo

    @tampadawgs said:

    Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

    I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

    @neo said:

    I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as presents and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

    Go to the Browns Store on this site and buy whatever color gear you want. You want black or pink, I am sure they have something for you all:

    FF_366988_xl.jpg

  • N Neo

    @tampadawgs said:

    Its the old timers...

    What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

    I cannot wait until this happen...

    This message board might explode... They are updated the Browns Look...FREAK OUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END.....

    btw JUST LOOK UP THE MOST POPULAR COLORS, YEP BROWN IS WAY UP THERE....LOL

    MOMMY ALL I WANT FOR X-MAS IS A SHIT AS BROWN T-SHIRT

    I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

    @neo said:

    I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

    A Browns fan that hates the color brown.

  • These are nice

    brian-sipe-17_display_image.jpg?1278383885

    White jerseys and orange pants

  • @neo said:

    I am as big as a fan as anybody of the Browns, I just hate the color brown. I hate the brown jerseys. Kudos to Holmgren for going with the whites this year. I have a white #80 Andre Rison jersy that I still wear and a brown #80 Winslow jersey. They were both given to me as gifts and guess which one I wore the most? I NEVER wore the Winslow jersey. I would rather they wore orange jerseys than brown. Hell, I would rather see them come out in highlighter green with pink numbered jerseys than the brown. No other team in the league even has a HINT of brown in their team colors. And don't tell me the redskins because that shit is red.

    A Browns fan that hates the color brown.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    A Browns fan that hates the color brown.

    I don't have to like the color brown to be a fan asshole.

  • N Neo

    These are nice

    brian-sipe-17_display_image.jpg?1278383885

    White jerseys and orange pants

    @neo said:

    These are nice

    brian-sipe-17_display_image.jpg?1278383885

    White jerseys and orange pants

    Nah, those suck. Always did. Those were the Browns disco pants from back in the late 70s/early 80s. Disco sucks.

  • @neo said:

    How many other teams have changed their uniforms?

    San Diego

    Denver

    New England

    Tampa Bay

    Jets

    Giants

    Bills

    Lions

    Eagles

    Falcons

    So why not us?

    San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

    Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

    Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

    Bill-switched back to traditional look

    Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

    Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    San Diego-traditionally wore white helmets

    Jets-switched back to their classic uniforms

    Giants-hardly qualifies as a change

    Bill-switched back to traditional look

    Lions-hardly qualifies as a change

    Eagles-not much of a change, more of an update

    The Giants was also not really a change as much as it was going back to their traditional "ny" on the helmet vs. the GIANTS on the helmet that they went with for a few years.

  • I canot wait to see this board blow up next yr, when they bring out the helmet. It will be great...LOL

  • Didn't happen.

  • N Neo

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    A Browns fan that hates the color brown.

    I don't have to like the color brown to be a fan asshole.

    @neo said:

    I don't have to like the color brown to be a fan asshole.

    You don't have to like the color brown to be a fan OF asshole either.

    But it helps, as I'm sure you've noticed.

  • These guys and there gay uniform threads.

  • This topic comes up every year.

    That said, if it was determined we needed more color, I wouldn't mind bringing back the orange pants.

  • This topic comes up every year.

    That said, if it was determined we needed more color, I wouldn't mind bringing back the orange pants.

    @ballpeen said:

    This topic comes up every year.

    That said, if it was determined we needed more color, I wouldn't mind bringing back the orange pants.

    I don't care if we wear pink pants, just as long as we wear some brown jerseys at home. All white is great... if you have built a winning tradition behind it. going 4-12 with it last year left a very sour taste in my mouth.

  • lol....because.....winning is somehow tied to the colors we wear?

    thats it! it surely couldn't be the shitty players or terrible coaches....