Skip to content

Josh Cribbs Voices Frustration After Another Defeat

The Browns Board
18 11 1.4k
  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I'd rather have him pissed after a game than fine with it... hell I even prefer Little's get dressed and sneak out early routine cause if I had that many drops I know I'd just end up yelling at the media.

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #6

    mikeyP72 said:

    Rich, the guy is 28. The special teams AS A WHOLE has went to shit after we let Seely go this past offseason.

    Surely, the lack of Cribbs production is not solely on his shoulders. The rule change that moved the ball up has hurt him a lot. Most of his punt returns are fair catches.

    Face it, the guy has had diminished opportunity to break out on special teams.

    On offense though, he has 4 TD's and has played a lot better from the WR position.

    Blame the coach for not involving him more, but don't blame him for being "Washed up" and "over-the-hill", because he's not.

    You name me the special teams returners that excelled after the age of 28 and the guys who learned how to be a WR after the age of 27, that is exactly where the Browns are with Cribbs

    great guy great player and will be useless before he is 30

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Just another reason to love Cribbs. He is a football player and gives a damn about the fans and community.

    Rich get the fuck out of here and go root for Pittsburgh, your poison is ruining this fucking board.

    I love you Mikey buddy and your passion

    problem is football is a busines and their are 100 Cribbs who love community and fans

    I too adore Cribbs

    Bottom line he is NOW OVER THE HILL, we blew it when we could have gotten something for him

    Just business Mikey, like the Steelers run it, and keep doing it and keep restocking, while we hang on to over the hill bums and in recent times paid big bucks for losers, under the Sewage regime

    Just wanting the Browns to win, but you keep rooting for Cribbs until his a sixty year old punt returner on the fortieth consecutive losing team beacuse he loves community

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @rich4eagle said:

    their are 100 Cribbs who love community and fans

    wrong: there is only one Josh Cribbs. period.

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Clearly, nobody really fears [Cribbs] as a return man any more.

    based on the way all the Bungle-no-name-special-teamers hovered and flexed over Cribbs after tackling him, clearly the entire Bungles Special Teams feared him.

    that many people patting themselves on the back for tackling someone?? -they HAD to be in the presence of an elite returner.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Rich, the guy is 28. The special teams AS A WHOLE has went to shit after we let Seely go this past offseason.

    Surely, the lack of Cribbs production is not solely on his shoulders. The rule change that moved the ball up has hurt him a lot. Most of his punt returns are fair catches.

    Face it, the guy has had diminished opportunity to break out on special teams.

    On offense though, he has 4 TD's and has played a lot better from the WR position.

    Blame the coach for not involving him more, but don't blame him for being "Washed up" and "over-the-hill", because he's not.

    You name me the special teams returners that excelled after the age of 28 and the guys who learned how to be a WR after the age of 27, that is exactly where the Browns are with Cribbs

    great guy great player and will be useless before he is 30

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @rich4eagle said:

    You name me the special teams returners that excelled after the age of 28 and the guys who learned how to be a WR after the age of 27, that is exactly where the Browns are with Cribbs

    great guy great player and will be useless before he is 30

    Brian Mitchell was an outstanding kick returner into his mid-30s.

    And Mel Gray.

    And Eric Metcalf went for like 13 years.

    Tim Brown.

    Bobby Mitchell.

    Whether or not Cribbs can continue to be outstanding for several more years certainly is an open question, but others have done it.

    Right now I am far more concerned about our special teams coaching. As I see it, special teams have literally cost this team 3 games.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #10

    I absolutely love Cribbs. He is currently, and has been for years, the only thing that I am proud of about the Browns. I coach 18u girls fastpitch softball in SoCal, and I would take 15 girls with his passion any day, over 15 Stevie Johnsons or MeSean Jacksons.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    He isn't elite. See the kid in Phoenix.... now HE, is elite. Kick coverage guys are ALWAYS hyped up when they stop a return man. Cribbs got no special respect and WORSE.......... hue made no special plays.

    He's done!

    Even if he is done he leaves with the NFL record. Might that qualify for elite!!??

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I love how Ghoolie is blowing Peterson's dick after one year, when his main argument for Hillis sucking is that he only had one good year in which he caught defenses by surprise.

    Hypocrite. But I'm sure that's just my "unathletic OL brain talking", because that's his only comeback.

    Ghoolie and Rich are fucking bitches.

  • manbearpigM manbearpig wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I love Josh Cribbs!!!

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    That face, however, couldn't even fake a smile following Cleveland's latest late-game meltdown.

    "What we're doing obviously ain't working," Cribbs said Sunday after the Cincinnati Bengals rallied for a 23-20 victory over the Browns. "Hard work isn't good enough anymore. We play hard, we never stop playing hard, but we're not getting it done.

    "We almost always 'almost win.' Winning is the only thing that matters in the NFL — and we're not doing it. I'm very upset right now."

    Cribbs wasn't alone in feeling that way. Many Cleveland players expressed similar thoughts after blowing a 10-point lead in the final 16 1⁄2 minutes against their in-state rival.

    Yet there was something very different — and pointed — about the words that the two-time Pro Bowler used in the locker room at Paul Brown Stadium.

    Cribbs has been with the Browns for seven years, encompassing 107 games and just 38 victories.

    The former Kent State quarterback is on his way to a sixth 10-loss season, and apparently has had enough of the never-ending ways that Cleveland creates to come up short at crunch time.

    "I'm at a loss for words because I really don't want to go back to Cleveland and tell the people we gave it our best today," said Cribbs, who became the seventh player in NFL history to surpass 10,000 career return yards with 127 against the Bengals.

    "I'll still sign autographs and people will still (compliment) me on how hard we fought, but they deserve better. I want them to be proud of our team and share in our success, not have to accept games like this."

    To drive home his point, the wide receiver/WildDawg quarterback/return ace/coverage standout gave himself very low grades after mishandling two passes and failing to gain more than 29 yards on any of his eight combined runbacks.

    Cribbs did win his head-to-head battle with Cincinnati counterpart Brandon Tate, who totaled 85 yards on six returns, but he scoffed at the comparison.

    "I'd say I was mediocre, at best, because I wasn't able to break one and bring it back to give us some momentum," Cribbs said. "What I'm doing isn't enough, obviously. What our team is doing isn't enough. I'm tired of losing."

    When Cribbs was asked if the Browns' biggest problem was their inconsistent offense, he shied away from a direct answer. The same applied when he was queried about the players' preparation for games.

    Cribbs' most telling response, though, was no response at all. When one veteran reporter wondered aloud if coaching was Cleveland's most glaring issue, he remained silent.

    Whether he didn't hear the question, chose to ignore it, or spoke volumes with his non-answer is up to the public's interpretation.

    "How can you expect fans?" Cribbs said, taking a long pause to collect his thoughts. "Our fans are so diehard. It's difficult to face them with the performance we just did.

    "I really need to stop talking now because I don't want to say anything that I shouldn't."

    my take is the same as it was two years ago and last year, WE HAVE NO SKILL GAME CHANGER PLAYERS, Cribbs should have been traded because all he is now is an over the hill returner, we have no receivers, Hillis is a slow fullback not a feature back, and our management on the top is now retired

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @rich4eagle said:

    my take is the same as it was two years ago and last year, WE HAVE NO SKILL GAME CHANGER PLAYERS, Cribbs should have been traded because all he is now is an over the hill returner, we have no receivers, Hillis is a slow fullback not a feature back, and our management on the top is now retired

    Shut up! Cribbs is stating the obvious and he along with the rest of the team know that Coach Shitmores system doesn't work in todays NFL. Coach Shitmore is just like all of these other project players that we have drafted over the years.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    my take is the same as it was two years ago and last year, WE HAVE NO SKILL GAME CHANGER PLAYERS, Cribbs should have been traded because all he is now is an over the hill returner, we have no receivers, Hillis is a slow fullback not a feature back, and our management on the top is now retired

    Shut up! Cribbs is stating the obvious and he along with the rest of the team know that Coach Shitmores system doesn't work in todays NFL. Coach Shitmore is just like all of these other project players that we have drafted over the years.

    rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
    #15

    @mr.-t said:

    Shut up! Cribbs is stating the obvious and he along with the rest of the team know that Coach Shitmores system doesn't work in todays NFL. Coach Shitmore is just like all of these other project players that we have drafted over the years.

    When you understand football, which you are now proving you obviously have no clue and can let your emotion of stupidity calm down, we can dicscuss this subject

    UNTIL THEN 11 years of getting it and being correctomundo and being pissed on by this board\

    and NOT ONE GUTLESS LEADER HERE HAS ever said maybe we should listen in EARNEST to what Rich says

    so, I, say stay stupid and keep staying stupid and keep hoping the Browns draft all OL guys next year

    and then you all can circle jerk yourselves to an 0-16 season and praise the lord

    those fusking muslim terrorists caused it all............being and staying and saying stupid is an art

    I remain the wizard of wiining in football.........................you bozos need to hope another team pays me so you can lose more and regular

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    That face, however, couldn't even fake a smile following Cleveland's latest late-game meltdown.

    "What we're doing obviously ain't working," Cribbs said Sunday after the Cincinnati Bengals rallied for a 23-20 victory over the Browns. "Hard work isn't good enough anymore. We play hard, we never stop playing hard, but we're not getting it done.

    "We almost always 'almost win.' Winning is the only thing that matters in the NFL — and we're not doing it. I'm very upset right now."

    Cribbs wasn't alone in feeling that way. Many Cleveland players expressed similar thoughts after blowing a 10-point lead in the final 16 1⁄2 minutes against their in-state rival.

    Yet there was something very different — and pointed — about the words that the two-time Pro Bowler used in the locker room at Paul Brown Stadium.

    Cribbs has been with the Browns for seven years, encompassing 107 games and just 38 victories.

    The former Kent State quarterback is on his way to a sixth 10-loss season, and apparently has had enough of the never-ending ways that Cleveland creates to come up short at crunch time.

    "I'm at a loss for words because I really don't want to go back to Cleveland and tell the people we gave it our best today," said Cribbs, who became the seventh player in NFL history to surpass 10,000 career return yards with 127 against the Bengals.

    "I'll still sign autographs and people will still (compliment) me on how hard we fought, but they deserve better. I want them to be proud of our team and share in our success, not have to accept games like this."

    To drive home his point, the wide receiver/WildDawg quarterback/return ace/coverage standout gave himself very low grades after mishandling two passes and failing to gain more than 29 yards on any of his eight combined runbacks.

    Cribbs did win his head-to-head battle with Cincinnati counterpart Brandon Tate, who totaled 85 yards on six returns, but he scoffed at the comparison.

    "I'd say I was mediocre, at best, because I wasn't able to break one and bring it back to give us some momentum," Cribbs said. "What I'm doing isn't enough, obviously. What our team is doing isn't enough. I'm tired of losing."

    When Cribbs was asked if the Browns' biggest problem was their inconsistent offense, he shied away from a direct answer. The same applied when he was queried about the players' preparation for games.

    Cribbs' most telling response, though, was no response at all. When one veteran reporter wondered aloud if coaching was Cleveland's most glaring issue, he remained silent.

    Whether he didn't hear the question, chose to ignore it, or spoke volumes with his non-answer is up to the public's interpretation.

    "How can you expect fans?" Cribbs said, taking a long pause to collect his thoughts. "Our fans are so diehard. It's difficult to face them with the performance we just did.

    "I really need to stop talking now because I don't want to say anything that I shouldn't."

    my take is the same as it was two years ago and last year, WE HAVE NO SKILL GAME CHANGER PLAYERS, Cribbs should have been traded because all he is now is an over the hill returner, we have no receivers, Hillis is a slow fullback not a feature back, and our management on the top is now retired

    B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @rich4eagle said:

    my take is the same as it was two years ago and last year, WE HAVE NO SKILL GAME CHANGER PLAYERS, Cribbs should have been traded because all he is now is an over the hill returner, we have no receivers, Hillis is a slow fullback not a feature back, and our management on the top is now retired

    And my quote from two years ago still stands.... that agent orange is affecting you again. clown....

  • @rich4eagle said:

    You name me the special teams returners that excelled after the age of 28 and the guys who learned how to be a WR after the age of 27, that is exactly where the Browns are with Cribbs

    great guy great player and will be useless before he is 30

    Brian Mitchell was an outstanding kick returner into his mid-30s.

    And Mel Gray.

    And Eric Metcalf went for like 13 years.

    Tim Brown.

    Bobby Mitchell.

    Whether or not Cribbs can continue to be outstanding for several more years certainly is an open question, but others have done it.

    Right now I am far more concerned about our special teams coaching. As I see it, special teams have literally cost this team 3 games.

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    Right now I am far more concerned about our special teams coaching. As I see it, special teams have literally cost this team 3 games.

    agreed, 3 and counting: Raiders, Rams, Bungles. however, Specials did win the game vs the Seahawks. so a -2 ?

    the only phase in the organization that was consistently good is now also a weakness. pathetic.

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #18

    mikeyP72 said:

    Wide receivers who gor good after 28.. Brandon Lloyd recently.

    i don't know about got good but there are many who play some their best ball after 28...like Colston, Moss, Plex>>there's a ton.

    Heinz Ward is falling off but for awhile he looked timeless. Wes Welker?

    how about 30 yr old Andre Johnson, "Through the 2010–11 NFL season, Johnson currently ranks first all-time in NFL history in receiving yards per game (80.7 yds/game) for a career."

    Cribbs still has some time. he has shown his biggest leap in improvement over this past year. even if he slows a step or two in the future at the very minimum he's a clutch possession guy with great hands who can take a big hit and not cough up the ball. he's also got great vision and is easily the best blocking WR on the team--that doesn't just go away.

    he's more valuable in Cle now than on a trading block. personally i hope he retires a Brown.