Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Breaking Dawn Review

Breaking Dawn Review

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
4 Posts 2 Posters 579 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The Twilight Saga

    Breaking Dawn

    Summit Entertainment

    PG 13 117 min

    Geez.

    I can’t believe that nothing new opened around here in time for deadline. I tried and found a Kevin Spacey film about the Wall Street crisis from a while back but it was short run and apparently opened back in October. So it looks like I just can’t avoid the fourth and final installment of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, BREAKING DAWN. Yeah I know; it’s part one. That means I’ll probably have to sit through the other half next year.

    This time around I actually had a small glimmer of hope. I’d heard from a few people (including my niece Lacie who’s actually pretty smart) that this one was the best of the series so far. Well, I thought, that can’t be too hard. So the closest I could get to that prediction is to admit that it really wasn’t significantly worse than the others.

    Don’t get me wrong it really is awful but in a new and special way. We’ll get to that.

    You know the drill; there are vampires and werewolves living up in the northwest woods. The two groups have been living under a very strained truce which is being pushed to the breaking point.

    Mouth breather Bella (Kristen Stewart) has had the hots for both Dracula and the Wolfman and made the decision to wed Edward the vampire rather than Jacob the werewolf.

    So for what seems to be hours we’re treated to a fourteen year old girl’s vision of what a wedding should be. Both the suitors are devoted and understanding and tolerant to the point of nausea until, of course, Bella gets pregnant. You see a while ago the vampires learned how to get along in the world without killing humans for blood but who knows how this baby will turn out? Will it be human or a dangerous being to upset the balance again? Will Bella even survive the pregnancy?

    Who knows; who cares, but the wolf tribe has decided the war is back on and the baby bloodsucker has to die.

    Before it’s over I feared that I’d be the one to die if boredom can actually kill.

    The acting is worse than ever the plot thinner and the pacing stagnant.

    Taker along some garlic and a silver bullet if you must but this one won’t appeal to anyone too grown up for Barbie dolls.

    F+ (plus because Keanu Reeves isn’t in it)

    WSS

    Email [email protected]

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • JPPT1974 JPPT1974J Reacting Well Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 372 Posts
      • 51 Reputation
      JPPT1974J JPPT1974 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      My niece has saw this twice. She is a huge Twilight fan. As well as her mom, my sister. But there is a warning in the end, as a lot of people in certain scenes, which I won't give away for fear of spoiling the film. As some people had epilesy including a friend of my sister. She had seizures.

      Just wanted to warn those that plan to see it as some scenes, are not for the squeamish.

      FTR, I am by all means no Twilight nut. Far from it! I have gotten this from my niece and sister.

      School and Solar Eclipse
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        You are certainly correct there is a huge demographic just loves the series and I can't in good conscience say they're wrong. I figure if any piece of art truly moves someone then it's as valid as any other.

        All I can do is give my opinions.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • JPPT1974 JPPT1974J Reacting Well Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 372 Posts
          • 51 Reputation
          JPPT1974J JPPT1974 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Also a cousin of mine has seen it four times. That's right four times! BTW, keep up the good work with your reviews. Hope that the movies will be good to you in 2012 Steve!

          School and Solar Eclipse
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate