Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Mccoy

Mccoy

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
31 Posts 17 Posters 1.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • dawg08 D
    • 501 Posts
    • 13 Reputation
    D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

    ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Carlos C
      • 131 Posts
      • 7 Reputation
      C Carlos wrote on last edited by
      #2

      What pocket?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • kbndawg K
        • 402 Posts
        • 16 Reputation
        K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Sucking is a team effort.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Richiswhere RichiswhereR Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 1k Posts
          • 108 Reputation
          RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
          #4

          No pocket presence what so ever

          "You see the Rams are still thinking that they are playing Tony Dorsett" -Jim Brown 1978
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Carlos C
            • 131 Posts
            • 7 Reputation
            C Carlos wrote on last edited by
            #5

            mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

            T slimdawgS 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • dawg08 D
              • 501 Posts
              • 13 Reputation
              D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              He seems not to have clue at times and runs right into the sack.

              Embarrassing loss today on our own turf!! People were leaving mid 3rd quarter

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • dawg08 D
                • 501 Posts
                • 13 Reputation
                D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Garbage time TD!!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • D dawg08

                  I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

                  ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @dawg08 said:

                  I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

                  The kid is doing the best he can.

                  I don't care who we put around him, he will still suck.

                  If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                  hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • C Carlos

                    mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

                    The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 15k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @carlos said:

                    mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

                    Carlos have you finally soured a little on mccoy? I sure have. Everyone else sucks just as bad though. I feel sorry for colt. His career probably dies right here in Cleveland this year or sometime next. He could have been a decent career backup somewhere.

                    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • C Carlos

                      mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

                      slimdawg slimdawgS
                      • 541 Posts
                      • 49 Reputation
                      slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @carlos said:

                      mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

                      This is just a small taste......try being a lifer!

                      !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Gafreleets G
                        • 559 Posts
                        • 19 Reputation
                        G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        is mccoy ok? i saw the hit he took to his knee.....thought it might be a season ender for a sec. didn't see rest of game so didn't know if he's alright or not.

                        with all i've heard about Big Ben being a rapist and i go to a online sex offender registry and look up cleveland and Pittsburgh and what do i find? cleveland has a CRAP load more sex offenders (and expecially child molesters) than Pittsburgh.......over 4X as many over all. 2055 of them to Pittsburgh's 421. www.familywatchdog.us better never hear one of you date raping, can't get a woman with my tiny peep unless i hold her down, child molesting hypocrits say anything else about Ben.
                        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • T The Cysko Kid

                          @carlos said:

                          mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

                          Carlos have you finally soured a little on mccoy? I sure have. Everyone else sucks just as bad though. I feel sorry for colt. His career probably dies right here in Cleveland this year or sometime next. He could have been a decent career backup somewhere.

                          Carlos C
                          • 131 Posts
                          • 7 Reputation
                          C Carlos wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @the-cysko-kid said:

                          Carlos have you finally soured a little on mccoy? I sure have. Everyone else sucks just as bad though. I feel sorry for colt. His career probably dies right here in Cleveland this year or sometime next. He could have been a decent career backup somewhere.

                          Nah I still believe that McCoy can be a good starting QB, but he needs time. The games a little too fast for him right now and he's not getting much help from the supporting cast. We'll see if the Browns FO blow this team and start over again or if they have the gumption to try to actually build something

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Carlos C
                            • 131 Posts
                            • 7 Reputation
                            C Carlos wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @king-ghoolie-lives said:

                            Duh......... Ghoolie, you are a dumb ass, you don't know football, McCoy is not the problem.

                            DEER IN THE FKUCKING HEADLIGHTS.......................

                            Was I the only one screaming for the dumb bastard,

                            "RUN INTO THE ENDZONE YOU HAVE A WIDE OPEN LANE YOU DUMB FKUCKING PRICK"

                            But hey, you guys know much better than I do about QBs. YOU taught me a real lesson and embarassed the fkuck out of me over that Trent Dilfer mentoring Charlie Frye shit. Hell, I was dumber than Kosar. I actually wanted Frye to be cut after I saw him play one game. Little did I realize how great he would become with MENTORING and WORKING ON HIS MECHANICS.

                            Seriously, are you guys incapable of original thoughts?

                            Do you wake up on Sunday morning with absolutely nothing of substance in your pin head brains, all ready to absorb whatever some ass-hat talking head on a sports show tells you..........????

                            * Football is won in the trenches

                            * It takes 5 years to make a quareterback

                            * It takes 3 -5 years to build a winning football team

                            All the bullshit the NFL tells these announcers to feed fans, so fans will sit at teh table and eat bullshit, thinking it is steak.

                            Here's a clue.......... Football isn't won in the trenches. The trenches are a dirty, hurtful, nasty place where a bunch of dumb, low-talented fat ass fuggers grunt and grind so that the REAL football players, that is, the ones who touch the ball, can do their thing.

                            We have spent too much time on OL and non critical position and NOW, at 4 - 8 you see actually just how bad this team is.

                            You DONT know shit about football and the way you talk proves it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • G Gafreleets

                              is mccoy ok? i saw the hit he took to his knee.....thought it might be a season ender for a sec. didn't see rest of game so didn't know if he's alright or not.

                              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 20k Posts
                              • 5k Reputation
                              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @gafreleets said:

                              is mccoy ok? i saw the hit he took to his knee.....thought it might be a season ender for a sec. didn't see rest of game so didn't know if he's alright or not.

                              He'll be OK for you guys- not that it will make much difference. I gave up my usual field level seats and sat way up in the rafters- at least there you can see the plays develop. What did I see? A guy a fraction slow making decisions, & throwing to a covered player when he had someone else wide open. A couple of the sacks were all on McCoy- he saw them coming and didn't throw it away. Even on the occasions he was getting (surprisingly) good protection, he wasn't exactly reminding me of Aaron Rodgers with his throws- that's when his receivers weren't dropping catchable passes (again). The interception was on an underthrown pass into the wind.

                              PS- Flacco almost didn't need to pass, because the Ravens were running at will against us. Until we get ourselves some quality linebackers to fill the cutback lanes, expect more of the same. If Tomlin studies the game tape, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mendenhall have a 150+ yard game. Getting way behind hurt- because it took our only weapon- Hillis out of the game.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ballpeenB ballpeen

                                @dawg08 said:

                                I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

                                The kid is doing the best he can.

                                I don't care who we put around him, he will still suck.

                                hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 20k Posts
                                • 5k Reputation
                                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @ballpeen said:

                                The kid is doing the best he can.

                                I don't care who we put around him, he will still suck.

                                So are you thinking, like I am that the McCoy experiment is a failure? Too bad if it is, because it almost certainly means the Browns will have to use one of their first round picks in 2012 on a quarterback.

                                Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Groundhog Day.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Kosarfan KosarfanK
                                  • 239 Posts
                                  • 11 Reputation
                                  KosarfanK Kosarfan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Losing he faith in this kid today more than ever before. He looked awful.

                                  Bad throws, scared looks most of time when on camera. Not even sure why at the half they didn't give #2 a shot.

                                  Steelers Thursday, week from he## for the Browns.

                                  First game this season I bailed on watching at the start of the 4th.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 20k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    How sad is it to drive 3 1\2 hours to a game KNOWING you're going to lose? Yeah, the Browns have a top rated passing defense because as I told Rich- teams don't need to pass on the Browns to beat them into a pulp. Our linebackers blow dead worms- got it? Until that's fixed, expect more of the same. I told the guys on the way up- I wouldn't have taken the Browns on a bet if you had spotted me 20 points- I would have won except for a meaningless garbage time TD.

                                    Yes, I want playmakers- I also want a defense that can occasionally stop the other teams running back from racking up a 200+ yard career day on us.

                                    Gee, it's gotten to the point- I sure hope we don't embarrass ourselves on our only showing on National TV Thursday night.

                                    You say tomato, I say to-ma-to. You say Heckert, I say Turdmur.

                                    It really wouldn't have made much of a difference if it was dry and (end of career) Little Criminal had played. He's living off of reputation now.

                                    The Browns were at least keeping it close until Rice broke the big run and that took the only guy who was doing 1\2 decent (your pal Hillis) out of the gameplan.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 6k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      I want an OLB or two on draft day. Fujita and Gocong suck, and I think they're the biggest reason that teams are able to run all over us. They get beat to the outside 9 times out of 10 because they're old and slow. I'm wary of picking them high, though, I feel like the majority of them tend to be busts.

                                      P 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                                        I want an OLB or two on draft day. Fujita and Gocong suck, and I think they're the biggest reason that teams are able to run all over us. They get beat to the outside 9 times out of 10 because they're old and slow. I'm wary of picking them high, though, I feel like the majority of them tend to be busts.

                                        Pumpkin Eater P
                                        • 4k Posts
                                        • 297 Reputation
                                        P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @vaportrail said:

                                        I want an OLB or two on draft day. Fujita and Gocong suck, and I think they're the biggest reason that teams are able to run all over us. They get beat to the outside 9 times out of 10 because they're old and slow. I'm wary of picking them high, though, I feel like the majority of them tend to be busts.

                                        It's a position where you need to pay less attention to combine numbers and more attention to game-day performance.

                                        :neutral_face:
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          McCoy looked pretty bad out there and that INT and some sacks were on him, no doubt. But I'm so tired of people placing blame on the QB when he's got zero support out there from the other players. I'm not giving McCoy a pass but don't you think his confidence gets shot when he makes good plays and it's dropped or not executed correctly? 35 drops up to this point and uncountable amount of incorrect or poorly run routes make McCoy look bad when there's nothing he can do about it. I mean what do you want the guy to do throw into covered players for INT's? I think it's clear we need a QB change don't get me wrong, but don't throw the guy under the bus for a team's failure.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate