Skip to content

Mccoy

The Browns Board
31 17 1.9k
  • Garbage time TD!!

  • I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

    @dawg08 said:

    I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

    The kid is doing the best he can.

    I don't care who we put around him, he will still suck.

  • mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

    @carlos said:

    mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

    Carlos have you finally soured a little on mccoy? I sure have. Everyone else sucks just as bad though. I feel sorry for colt. His career probably dies right here in Cleveland this year or sometime next. He could have been a decent career backup somewhere.

  • mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

    @carlos said:

    mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

    This is just a small taste......try being a lifer!

  • is mccoy ok? i saw the hit he took to his knee.....thought it might be a season ender for a sec. didn't see rest of game so didn't know if he's alright or not.

  • @carlos said:

    mccoy has been less than stellar and so has the rest of the team. I dont even know where to place the blame right now. This is a tough loss. I have now watched the Browns for a full year and can identify with the depression that a few of the other posters here have. Sad.

    Carlos have you finally soured a little on mccoy? I sure have. Everyone else sucks just as bad though. I feel sorry for colt. His career probably dies right here in Cleveland this year or sometime next. He could have been a decent career backup somewhere.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Carlos have you finally soured a little on mccoy? I sure have. Everyone else sucks just as bad though. I feel sorry for colt. His career probably dies right here in Cleveland this year or sometime next. He could have been a decent career backup somewhere.

    Nah I still believe that McCoy can be a good starting QB, but he needs time. The games a little too fast for him right now and he's not getting much help from the supporting cast. We'll see if the Browns FO blow this team and start over again or if they have the gumption to try to actually build something

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Duh......... Ghoolie, you are a dumb ass, you don't know football, McCoy is not the problem.

    DEER IN THE FKUCKING HEADLIGHTS.......................

    Was I the only one screaming for the dumb bastard,

    "RUN INTO THE ENDZONE YOU HAVE A WIDE OPEN LANE YOU DUMB FKUCKING PRICK"

    But hey, you guys know much better than I do about QBs. YOU taught me a real lesson and embarassed the fkuck out of me over that Trent Dilfer mentoring Charlie Frye shit. Hell, I was dumber than Kosar. I actually wanted Frye to be cut after I saw him play one game. Little did I realize how great he would become with MENTORING and WORKING ON HIS MECHANICS.

    Seriously, are you guys incapable of original thoughts?

    Do you wake up on Sunday morning with absolutely nothing of substance in your pin head brains, all ready to absorb whatever some ass-hat talking head on a sports show tells you..........????

    * Football is won in the trenches

    * It takes 5 years to make a quareterback

    * It takes 3 -5 years to build a winning football team

    All the bullshit the NFL tells these announcers to feed fans, so fans will sit at teh table and eat bullshit, thinking it is steak.

    Here's a clue.......... Football isn't won in the trenches. The trenches are a dirty, hurtful, nasty place where a bunch of dumb, low-talented fat ass fuggers grunt and grind so that the REAL football players, that is, the ones who touch the ball, can do their thing.

    We have spent too much time on OL and non critical position and NOW, at 4 - 8 you see actually just how bad this team is.

    You DONT know shit about football and the way you talk proves it.

  • is mccoy ok? i saw the hit he took to his knee.....thought it might be a season ender for a sec. didn't see rest of game so didn't know if he's alright or not.

    @gafreleets said:

    is mccoy ok? i saw the hit he took to his knee.....thought it might be a season ender for a sec. didn't see rest of game so didn't know if he's alright or not.

    He'll be OK for you guys- not that it will make much difference. I gave up my usual field level seats and sat way up in the rafters- at least there you can see the plays develop. What did I see? A guy a fraction slow making decisions, & throwing to a covered player when he had someone else wide open. A couple of the sacks were all on McCoy- he saw them coming and didn't throw it away. Even on the occasions he was getting (surprisingly) good protection, he wasn't exactly reminding me of Aaron Rodgers with his throws- that's when his receivers weren't dropping catchable passes (again). The interception was on an underthrown pass into the wind.

    PS- Flacco almost didn't need to pass, because the Ravens were running at will against us. Until we get ourselves some quality linebackers to fill the cutback lanes, expect more of the same. If Tomlin studies the game tape, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mendenhall have a 150+ yard game. Getting way behind hurt- because it took our only weapon- Hillis out of the game.

  • @dawg08 said:

    I would love to see what McCoy is seeing oh there? You just can't take huge sacks like he has. There has got to be some plays that allows him to move out of the pocket to throw the ball?

    The kid is doing the best he can.

    I don't care who we put around him, he will still suck.

    @ballpeen said:

    The kid is doing the best he can.

    I don't care who we put around him, he will still suck.

    So are you thinking, like I am that the McCoy experiment is a failure? Too bad if it is, because it almost certainly means the Browns will have to use one of their first round picks in 2012 on a quarterback.

    Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Groundhog Day.

  • Losing he faith in this kid today more than ever before. He looked awful.

    Bad throws, scared looks most of time when on camera. Not even sure why at the half they didn't give #2 a shot.

    Steelers Thursday, week from he## for the Browns.

    First game this season I bailed on watching at the start of the 4th.

  • How sad is it to drive 3 1\2 hours to a game KNOWING you're going to lose? Yeah, the Browns have a top rated passing defense because as I told Rich- teams don't need to pass on the Browns to beat them into a pulp. Our linebackers blow dead worms- got it? Until that's fixed, expect more of the same. I told the guys on the way up- I wouldn't have taken the Browns on a bet if you had spotted me 20 points- I would have won except for a meaningless garbage time TD.

    Yes, I want playmakers- I also want a defense that can occasionally stop the other teams running back from racking up a 200+ yard career day on us.

    Gee, it's gotten to the point- I sure hope we don't embarrass ourselves on our only showing on National TV Thursday night.

    You say tomato, I say to-ma-to. You say Heckert, I say Turdmur.

    It really wouldn't have made much of a difference if it was dry and (end of career) Little Criminal had played. He's living off of reputation now.

    The Browns were at least keeping it close until Rice broke the big run and that took the only guy who was doing 1\2 decent (your pal Hillis) out of the gameplan.

  • I want an OLB or two on draft day. Fujita and Gocong suck, and I think they're the biggest reason that teams are able to run all over us. They get beat to the outside 9 times out of 10 because they're old and slow. I'm wary of picking them high, though, I feel like the majority of them tend to be busts.

  • I want an OLB or two on draft day. Fujita and Gocong suck, and I think they're the biggest reason that teams are able to run all over us. They get beat to the outside 9 times out of 10 because they're old and slow. I'm wary of picking them high, though, I feel like the majority of them tend to be busts.

    @vaportrail said:

    I want an OLB or two on draft day. Fujita and Gocong suck, and I think they're the biggest reason that teams are able to run all over us. They get beat to the outside 9 times out of 10 because they're old and slow. I'm wary of picking them high, though, I feel like the majority of them tend to be busts.

    It's a position where you need to pay less attention to combine numbers and more attention to game-day performance.

  • McCoy looked pretty bad out there and that INT and some sacks were on him, no doubt. But I'm so tired of people placing blame on the QB when he's got zero support out there from the other players. I'm not giving McCoy a pass but don't you think his confidence gets shot when he makes good plays and it's dropped or not executed correctly? 35 drops up to this point and uncountable amount of incorrect or poorly run routes make McCoy look bad when there's nothing he can do about it. I mean what do you want the guy to do throw into covered players for INT's? I think it's clear we need a QB change don't get me wrong, but don't throw the guy under the bus for a team's failure.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Larry, the Browns were NEVER keeping it close. The rain helped us stop some TD drives and got two FGs to hook no good. THe only thing that kept the game "close" was that the game starts at 0 - 0. 7 - 0 two rain missed FGs (still close) 10 - 0 still close............. 17 - 0.......... ahhh kind of close.......... etc.etc.

    Ray Lewis is a monster. He is exponentially better than any young linebacker we have. MArk my words, if he plays in the playoffs, he will make the highlight films.

    10-3 is a one score game Ghoolie, that's close in my book. Too bad Moore didn't catch that TD, it would have been 10-7.

    Of course the Browns give up a 60 yard run on the next series, so it didn't matter.

  • I'm shocked that Colt has gone from average to bad. I blame the QB coaching for this. I think it was a bad idea for us to release Jake Delhomme and we need a veteran QB who already knows what it means to be a QB who can also help Colt improve.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Are you a liberal? LMAO, you acknowledge that McCoy is not the guy and that we need a change. What does " don't thrown him under the bus mean, exactly? Does that mean we replace him BUT let him go to the Oprah WInfrey Christmas show where he will get a lot of cool presents, maybe even a new car?

    Then send him on an all expense paid Disney cruise followed by blowjobs from Michelle Obama? WOuld that be the way to replace him?

    THE GUY blows....... HE ABSOLUTELY blows. i WOULD CUT HIM now.

    Obama will be president for another 4 years, get the fuck over it.

    Stop trying to interject your shit-ass backwoods political beliefs into football talk. Go write some more shit music and think you're a god amongst men, when in reality you're an overweight, over the hill wannabe musician trying to "get the band back together". Hollywood couldn't make a bigger cliche of a person if they tried.

    And when Heckert isn't fired in the offseason, you can take that as a cue to fuck off. Of course, you won't, you'll just play up how you were so right about us releasing Hillis or how we're stupid for not drafting 10 WR's.

    We've had it with your bullshit. Stop being a fucking bitch already and say something new or shut the fuck up. You bring down this board, piss people off, and have absolutely nothing to contribute other than your same cut-and-dry fucking argument which has been proven stupid time and time again.

    Here's a bet, since you're such a "betting man". If we don't fire Heckert in the offseason, you take a leave of absence for a year. If we do fire Heckert, I'll take a leave of absence for good and I'll mail you a nice fruitcake to go along with your son.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Are you a liberal? LMAO, you acknowledge that McCoy is not the guy and that we need a change. What does " don't thrown him under the bus mean, exactly? Does that mean we replace him BUT let him go to the Oprah WInfrey Christmas show where he will get a lot of cool presents, maybe even a new car?

    Then send him on an all expense paid Disney cruise followed by blowjobs from Michelle Obama? WOuld that be the way to replace him?

    THE GUY blows....... HE ABSOLUTELY blows. i WOULD CUT HIM now.

    Obama will be president for another 4 years, get the fuck over it.

    Stop trying to interject your shit-ass backwoods political beliefs into football talk. Go write some more shit music and think you're a god amongst men, when in reality you're an overweight, over the hill wannabe musician trying to "get the band back together". Hollywood couldn't make a bigger cliche of a person if they tried.

    And when Heckert isn't fired in the offseason, you can take that as a cue to fuck off. Of course, you won't, you'll just play up how you were so right about us releasing Hillis or how we're stupid for not drafting 10 WR's.

    We've had it with your bullshit. Stop being a fucking bitch already and say something new or shut the fuck up. You bring down this board, piss people off, and have absolutely nothing to contribute other than your same cut-and-dry fucking argument which has been proven stupid time and time again.

    Here's a bet, since you're such a "betting man". If we don't fire Heckert in the offseason, you take a leave of absence for a year. If we do fire Heckert, I'll take a leave of absence for good and I'll mail you a nice fruitcake to go along with your son.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Obama will be president for another 4 years, get the fuck over it.

    Stop trying to interject your shit-ass backwoods political beliefs into football talk. Go write some more shit music and think you're a god amongst men, when in reality you're an overweight, over the hill wannabe musician trying to "get the band back together". Hollywood couldn't make a bigger cliche of a person if they tried.

    And when Heckert isn't fired in the offseason, you can take that as a cue to fuck off. Of course, you won't, you'll just play up how you were so right about us releasing Hillis or how we're stupid for not drafting 10 WR's.

    We've had it with your bullshit. Stop being a fucking bitch already and say something new or shut the fuck up. You bring down this board, piss people off, and have absolutely nothing to contribute other than your same cut-and-dry fucking argument which has been proven stupid time and time again.

    Here's a bet, since you're such a "betting man". If we don't fire Heckert in the offseason, you take a leave of absence for a year. If we do fire Heckert, I'll take a leave of absence for good and I'll mail you a nice fruitcake to go along with your son.

    The fact is all of the following will be true at the beginning of next season:

    A. Holmgren will be the Club President

    B. Shurmur will be the HC

    C. Heckert will be the GM

    D. McCoy will be the starting QB

    So, everyone, get the fuck over it. Worry about what besides the above that the Browns need to do:

    get a playmaker at WR.....get a fast, Eric Metcalf type RB to go along with Hillis probably who will be the short yardage grinder....get some damn decent LBs that can tackle someone....get a free safety that can cover someone and occasionally make an int.....get a right side of the OL that can block someone. Get another decent cornerback that can cover someone. Bring in more depth on the DL.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Obama will be president for another 4 years, get the fuck over it.

    Stop trying to interject your shit-ass backwoods political beliefs into football talk. Go write some more shit music and think you're a god amongst men, when in reality you're an overweight, over the hill wannabe musician trying to "get the band back together". Hollywood couldn't make a bigger cliche of a person if they tried.

    And when Heckert isn't fired in the offseason, you can take that as a cue to fuck off. Of course, you won't, you'll just play up how you were so right about us releasing Hillis or how we're stupid for not drafting 10 WR's.

    We've had it with your bullshit. Stop being a fucking bitch already and say something new or shut the fuck up. You bring down this board, piss people off, and have absolutely nothing to contribute other than your same cut-and-dry fucking argument which has been proven stupid time and time again.

    Here's a bet, since you're such a "betting man". If we don't fire Heckert in the offseason, you take a leave of absence for a year. If we do fire Heckert, I'll take a leave of absence for good and I'll mail you a nice fruitcake to go along with your son.

    The fact is all of the following will be true at the beginning of next season:

    A. Holmgren will be the Club President

    B. Shurmur will be the HC

    C. Heckert will be the GM

    D. McCoy will be the starting QB

    So, everyone, get the fuck over it. Worry about what besides the above that the Browns need to do:

    get a playmaker at WR.....get a fast, Eric Metcalf type RB to go along with Hillis probably who will be the short yardage grinder....get some damn decent LBs that can tackle someone....get a free safety that can cover someone and occasionally make an int.....get a right side of the OL that can block someone. Get another decent cornerback that can cover someone. Bring in more depth on the DL.

    @the-gipper said:

    The fact is all of the following will be true at the beginning of next season:

    A. Holmgren will be the Club President

    B. Shurmur will be the HC

    C. Heckert will be the GM

    D. McCoy will be the starting QB

    So, everyone, get the fuck over it. Worry about what besides the above that the Browns need to do:

    get a playmaker at WR.....get a fast, Eric Metcalf type RB to go along with Hillis probably who will be the short yardage grinder....get some damn decent LBs that can tackle someone....get a free safety that can cover someone and occasionally make an int.....get a right side of the OL that can block someone. Get another decent cornerback that can cover someone. Bring in more depth on the DL.

    And start looking for another FB. Marecic has had enough time, he's not getting it done.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The fact is all of the following will be true at the beginning of next season:

    A. Holmgren will be the Club President

    B. Shurmur will be the HC

    C. Heckert will be the GM

    D. McCoy will be the starting QB

    So, everyone, get the fuck over it. Worry about what besides the above that the Browns need to do:

    get a playmaker at WR.....get a fast, Eric Metcalf type RB to go along with Hillis probably who will be the short yardage grinder....get some damn decent LBs that can tackle someone....get a free safety that can cover someone and occasionally make an int.....get a right side of the OL that can block someone. Get another decent cornerback that can cover someone. Bring in more depth on the DL.

    And start looking for another FB. Marecic has had enough time, he's not getting it done.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And start looking for another FB. Marecic has had enough time, he's not getting it done.

    Well, as a rookie draftee, he IS going to be given more time. Heckert, Holmgren and Shurmur have an investment in him...and in their other draftees, so they are going to give him more of a chance than just his rookie year. There are a lot of players out there who played like crap in their rookie seasons who eventually got their acts together to become all-pros, or at least decent contributing players.