Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Can The Browns Rise Up ?

Can The Browns Rise Up ?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
12 Posts 9 Posters 619 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • David G David GD
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Reputation
    David GD David G wrote on last edited by
    #1

    In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

    djdawg2010D lodiloboL 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • WRREBEL WRREBELW
      • 2k Posts
      • 87 Reputation
      WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
      #2

      That's what I'm talking about..

      We always pull of an upset once a year. Its like that one satisfying moment that teases you.

      The browns will probably win this game.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • David G David GD
        • 14 Posts
        • 3 Reputation
        David GD David G wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Browns defense will go ballistic on Ben. Sheard, Rubin & Taylor will take turns attacking him. Haden will get his pick-six. The Browns will play with all guts to bring this one home!

        D 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • David GD David G

          Browns defense will go ballistic on Ben. Sheard, Rubin & Taylor will take turns attacking him. Haden will get his pick-six. The Browns will play with all guts to bring this one home!

          DawginIT D
          • 278 Posts
          • 22 Reputation
          D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @david-g said:

          Browns defense will go ballistic on Ben. Sheard, Rubin & Taylor will take turns attacking him. Haden will get his pick-six. The Browns will play with all guts to bring this one home!

          I love the positive attitude. With that said, I hate the prediction. I'd be happy if the Browns could show they do indeed have an offense and score 21 points offensively. Steelers 34-13

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • WRREBEL WRREBELW
            • 2k Posts
            • 87 Reputation
            WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I heard michael buble will be giving the team a pep talk

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • blowe B
              • 2k Posts
              • 127 Reputation
              B blowe wrote on last edited by
              #6

              The Browns are going to kick 2 field goals and that's it. 30-6 we still suck

              "The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things " - mike huckabee
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
                • 891 Posts
                • 80 Reputation
                tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Goolie your Retarded...So let me get this right

                Thomas a top 3 Left tackle can not start for the Steelers, Alex Mack a pro bowl center could not start anywhere on the steelers Offense line

                Joe Haden- Cant start the steelers, Sheard and Talyor would be starting as well.

                TJ Ward playing next to Troy P. I think they would like that

                Dawson- I think they would like him.

                Cribbs I think they would like him as well in Special teams where he belongs

                Add Watson and Steinbach I think that is 9 plus 1 special teams starter, so 10 could start. For cris sake the steelers are good,but they are not all world the greatest ever. Goolie you like black and gold cock?? Thats what you sound like.

                Remember Goolie You are a Browns fan. I think 🙂

                That being said

                Someone posted about our last 6 games, I said it before and I will say it again. This is the game I thought we would win. I said we would go 1-5 and our only win would be primetime tv against the Steelers, because its our only primetime game and they will play out of there minds like JAX did against the Ravens on Monday night football. The steelers play on prime time all the time, so they will not get as jacked up as the Browns will be.

                last 4 weeks go like this

                Win- 24-21 over Steelers last second field goal by Dawson

                Lose to Cards 21-10 not even that close

                Lose to Ravens- 31-10

                Than the Steelers will kick our ass 38-9

                5-11 than draft time...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Dste Ace D Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 766 Posts
                  • 128 Reputation
                  D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I just think that the Steelers have too much to play for tonight for them to take us lightly.

                  My heart says that we play out of our ass and demoralize Pittsburgh.

                  My head tells me I will be changing the channel by halftime.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • David GD David G

                    In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

                    djdawg2010 djdawg2010D
                    • 862 Posts
                    • 24 Reputation
                    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @david-g said:

                    In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

                    I admire your optimism, and I'd love to see the Browns go down to that shit hole and seriously hurt their playoff chances! But in Heinz Field, on National tv trying to keep pace with the Ravens, and looking for a playoff spot... well... let's just say while I hope for the best, I think it's going to be ugly! 🙁

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • David GD David G

                      In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

                      lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 676 Posts
                      • 249 Reputation
                      lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @david-g said:

                      In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

                      If this was a different 4 - 8 team....maybe last year's team...I would say there could be some hope for an upset. This particular team, however, has no chance. You have a coach who does not have a clue, calling plays with a QB who would be pretty good in the right situation, but doesn't have the ability to carry a team. You also have only maybe 5 or 6 players who actually give a crap whether they win or not. There have been no reasons to have hope, at this point. The team has been very lucky to win the games they have won. They should probably be 0 -12. In my opinion, they are the worst team in the NFL, and not so much because of lack of talent. This, once proud NFL franchise has been reduced to the unquestionable worst franchise in the NFL. The organization is an embarrassment to the city of Cleveland, and the fans of the real Cleveland Browns. There was certainly more respect for the city, the fans, and the team in 1996, when there was no team. I've been patient for 12 seasons, and you would think we would have progressed in that amount of time. The fact is, the 1999 team would have a better chance against the Steelers. The Steelers are a good team, but not a great team. If they make it to the playoffs, they will be knocked out in the first round. They are well coached, discipined and the players have the desire to win. The only brief moment I have ever observed that desire in the Cleveland Browns was last season with Mangini as coach. In my opinion, Holmgren is a joke. He's not here to turn this team into a winner....he's here to hire his unqualified associates so they can all take advantage of the mentally challenged owner....all at the expense of the fans of the Cleveland Browns. Go ahead.....call me a fairweather fan. Maybe that's what I am...I just call things as I see them. Prediction: Steelers 34 Browns 20. Most of those 20 points will come in garbage time....Mccoy will be out of the game before half time. Seneca Wallace will have a little success moving the ball, due to a let down by The Steelers defense because they didn't really scout Wallace, and also due to the lopsided score early in the game. This will now start a QB controversy, and Wallace will start the rest of the games this season. No...I don't have a time machine, to go into the future......but I've seen this movie before.....many times.

                      djdawg2010D 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • lodiloboL lodilobo

                        @david-g said:

                        In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

                        If this was a different 4 - 8 team....maybe last year's team...I would say there could be some hope for an upset. This particular team, however, has no chance. You have a coach who does not have a clue, calling plays with a QB who would be pretty good in the right situation, but doesn't have the ability to carry a team. You also have only maybe 5 or 6 players who actually give a crap whether they win or not. There have been no reasons to have hope, at this point. The team has been very lucky to win the games they have won. They should probably be 0 -12. In my opinion, they are the worst team in the NFL, and not so much because of lack of talent. This, once proud NFL franchise has been reduced to the unquestionable worst franchise in the NFL. The organization is an embarrassment to the city of Cleveland, and the fans of the real Cleveland Browns. There was certainly more respect for the city, the fans, and the team in 1996, when there was no team. I've been patient for 12 seasons, and you would think we would have progressed in that amount of time. The fact is, the 1999 team would have a better chance against the Steelers. The Steelers are a good team, but not a great team. If they make it to the playoffs, they will be knocked out in the first round. They are well coached, discipined and the players have the desire to win. The only brief moment I have ever observed that desire in the Cleveland Browns was last season with Mangini as coach. In my opinion, Holmgren is a joke. He's not here to turn this team into a winner....he's here to hire his unqualified associates so they can all take advantage of the mentally challenged owner....all at the expense of the fans of the Cleveland Browns. Go ahead.....call me a fairweather fan. Maybe that's what I am...I just call things as I see them. Prediction: Steelers 34 Browns 20. Most of those 20 points will come in garbage time....Mccoy will be out of the game before half time. Seneca Wallace will have a little success moving the ball, due to a let down by The Steelers defense because they didn't really scout Wallace, and also due to the lopsided score early in the game. This will now start a QB controversy, and Wallace will start the rest of the games this season. No...I don't have a time machine, to go into the future......but I've seen this movie before.....many times.

                        djdawg2010 djdawg2010D
                        • 862 Posts
                        • 24 Reputation
                        djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @lodilobo said:

                        Holmgren is a joke. He's not here to turn this team into a winner....he's here to hire his unqualified associates so they can all take advantage of the mentally challenged owner....all at the expense of the fans of the Cleveland Browns.

                        This. 😠 That became more evident to me about Holmgren when I heard him talking to that Seattle radio station, and referenced the Browns and their fans as "they" and "them" instead of "us" and "we." Just one last pay day before riding off into retirement. Granted Lerner inherited the team from his dad, who I feel if still was alive, then we wouldn't have this bullshit going on! If he hasn't gotten a clue by now, then he should sell the team to someone who is committed to winning, and restoring the Cleveland Browns great name! What is happening here is that they are becoming a mockery. And that my fellow Browns fans is a slap in our faces! Why the f*** did we fight so hard to keep our name, history, and colors?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 5k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I think we're going to beat the Steelers or Ravens, but it's not happening this week. They both are about a week or two from locking up playoff spots. I rarely miss steeler browns games but I really don't know if it's worth my money to go to a bar to watch them get dominated.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate