Our Defense Is A Joke
-
absolutely wrong.
our OFFENSE is the joke.
but yes. We should have crashed the line, and blitzed the hell out of Ben.
Poor playcalling, but keep it real.
Our D (and punter)is the only reason we were in this game to begin with.
-
This TEAM is a joke.
Ben is playing on 1 leg and we're flailing around helplessly unable to stop anybody.
The offense is a fookin abortion.
Embarrassing.
-
I'm ashamed. This is a playoff team if we cold stop a player witha broken ankle (or whatever). Our defense is an embarrassment.
-
Ya, blitz the house... shit half of those extended hand offs Raper was crawling into the backfield to hand it off and they couldn't get back there in time?
I think it all comes down to the linebackers again though, I don't think they could have gotten to the backfield even if they did blitz. Jauron's best chance would have been to jog in another DT and play a 5-2 and hope Sheard could get in off the edge. Or have D Jack walk up and put a hand down on the other side of Sheard, but then that leaves Gocong and Hawaii to plug the cut back lanes and they can't get that done. So ya... again, blitz the house and hope Sheldon doesn't break a hip in coverage and Young doesn't have to make a tackle....
-
HA!
Let's not blame our shitty offense. Or how bout our shitty playcalling?
Our defense is the only reason we have been in most games this year. You are gonna MAYBE win 1/20 games with 3 total points. And even that is pushing it
-
Anyone thinks it is a good idea to hire Jack Del Rio as a DC in the off season ?
-
Anyone thinks it is a good idea to hire Jack Del Rio as a DC in the off season ?
Anyone thinks it is a good idea to hire Jack Del Rio as a DC in the off season ?
no.
-
our D has some very big holes (linebackers getting blocked out of plays by puny WRs) and our O has even more. this team needs about 15 new good, better, solid, aggressive players on both sides of the ball.
BUT most of all is a coach who can call a play. call a play as if you've got nothing to lose at 4-9.
god i'm glad we flushed last year 'encouragement' for this years 'disappointment'.
fuck holmgren and shurmer.
-
Ya, blitz the house... shit half of those extended hand offs Raper was crawling into the backfield to hand it off and they couldn't get back there in time?
I think it all comes down to the linebackers again though, I don't think they could have gotten to the backfield even if they did blitz. Jauron's best chance would have been to jog in another DT and play a 5-2 and hope Sheard could get in off the edge. Or have D Jack walk up and put a hand down on the other side of Sheard, but then that leaves Gocong and Hawaii to plug the cut back lanes and they can't get that done. So ya... again, blitz the house and hope Sheldon doesn't break a hip in coverage and Young doesn't have to make a tackle....
Ya, blitz the house... shit half of those extended hand offs Raper was crawling into the backfield to hand it off and they couldn't get back there in time?
I think it all comes down to the linebackers again though, I don't think they could have gotten to the backfield even if they did blitz. Jauron's best chance would have been to jog in another DT and play a 5-2 and hope Sheard could get in off the edge. Or have D Jack walk up and put a hand down on the other side of Sheard, but then that leaves Gocong and Hawaii to plug the cut back lanes and they can't get that done. So ya... again, blitz the house and hope Sheldon doesn't break a hip in coverage and Young doesn't have to make a tackle....
That's when Joe Haden doesn't slip and give the Squealer a gift TD.
Really- The defense didn't lose that game. You can't get a TD inside the Red Zone? Colt's throwing to Squealers like they're the intended receivers into triple coverage? BTW, EVERY ONE of Colt's INTs was on an underthrow. Weak arm boo-birds, have at it. And Little has yet another critical drop? Goat horns to Un-Shure-mur while I'm at it. Hardesty doesn't have the strength to move the pile for YAC. Hillis does. So who does Turdmur give the majority of the running plays to in the second half to?
Defensively, I'm seeing the same thing you are- we seal off the play, and give up big yardage on the cutbacks. That's all on crap linbacker play. Hello? If you can stop the Steelers X4 inside the five, care to explain why you can't do likewise any place else on the field?
-
We are in a rebuild year and we will continue to be in a rebuild year for the rest of lerners reign as owner, achieving only occasional mediocrity before blowing it up and starting all over again..
-
To our defense's credit, they forced turnovers, and had that incredible goal line stand. Which is more than the offense can say. What needs to happen is, every WR that has dropped numerous passes this year, needs to find a pink slip in their lockers tommorrow. I have had enough of WR's that can't catch.
-
Ya, blitz the house... shit half of those extended hand offs Raper was crawling into the backfield to hand it off and they couldn't get back there in time?
I think it all comes down to the linebackers again though, I don't think they could have gotten to the backfield even if they did blitz. Jauron's best chance would have been to jog in another DT and play a 5-2 and hope Sheard could get in off the edge. Or have D Jack walk up and put a hand down on the other side of Sheard, but then that leaves Gocong and Hawaii to plug the cut back lanes and they can't get that done. So ya... again, blitz the house and hope Sheldon doesn't break a hip in coverage and Young doesn't have to make a tackle....
That's when Joe Haden doesn't slip and give the Squealer a gift TD.
Really- The defense didn't lose that game. You can't get a TD inside the Red Zone? Colt's throwing to Squealers like they're the intended receivers into triple coverage? BTW, EVERY ONE of Colt's INTs was on an underthrow. Weak arm boo-birds, have at it. And Little has yet another critical drop? Goat horns to Un-Shure-mur while I'm at it. Hardesty doesn't have the strength to move the pile for YAC. Hillis does. So who does Turdmur give the majority of the running plays to in the second half to?
Defensively, I'm seeing the same thing you are- we seal off the play, and give up big yardage on the cutbacks. That's all on crap linbacker play. Hello? If you can stop the Steelers X4 inside the five, care to explain why you can't do likewise any place else on the field?
That's when Joe Haden doesn't slip and give the Squealer a gift TD.
Really- The defense didn't lose that game. You can't get a TD inside the Red Zone? Colt's throwing to Squealers like they're the intended receivers into triple coverage? BTW, EVERY ONE of Colt's INTs was on an underthrow. Weak arm boo-birds, have at it. And Little has yet another critical drop? Goat horns to Un-Shure-mur while I'm at it. Hardesty doesn't have the strength to move the pile for YAC. Hillis does. So who does Turdmur give the majority of the running plays to in the second half to?
Defensively, I'm seeing the same thing you are- we seal off the play, and give up big yardage on the cutbacks. That's all on crap linbacker play. Hello? If you can stop the Steelers X4 inside the five, care to explain why you can't do likewise any place else on the field?
Haden shut down Wallace most of the game, thats not easy to do against the fastest WR in the league, I can give him a pass on the slip, if there was a respectable safety in the zone behind him that play wouldn't have went for what it did.
I think the big thing with the goal line stands are the lack of cut backs for the RB's to find. The big boys up front can push the line on the straight runs, if Gocong would stick the lanes like he did on that stand, they wouldn't give up 200+ yards a game rushing. As bad a the WR position is, I still hope they use all their big picks this year to fix the holes on D and FA the offense.
-
Anyone thinks it is a good idea to hire Jack Del Rio as a DC in the off season ?
Anyone thinks it is a good idea to hire Jack Del Rio as a DC in the off season ?
Do people here really follow sports? Besides a few games, our defense is solid. So you are saying you fire a guy who has a defense that is 7th in the league in points allowed, 2nd in the league in yards allowed for passing, 5th in the league in forced fumbles and 10th in the league in total yards allowed? Dude you give us fans a bad name.
We need a LB that can stuff the run and 2 play makers on offense.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Again, I eat my words on Haden. This kid is scrappy, and fast as a mufukka
First time you actually sounded like a man.
-
I would not be dissapointed in a big time Linebacker signing, either in the draft or Free agency.. Probably will have to come through the draft..
-
mikeyP72 said:
Kosar, do you watch football games or highlights afterwards? ? Defense got sliced up by Ben on one leg and couldn't stop the run in second half.
7 points, until the last 4 minutes. WTF are you talking about? 14 points from a 9-4 team is "sliced up"? The only thing that matters at the end of the game is points and they only had 7 until that ONE play.
Yes the run is what we need to address by drafting a run stopping LB.
-
That's when Joe Haden doesn't slip and give the Squealer a gift TD.
Really- The defense didn't lose that game. You can't get a TD inside the Red Zone? Colt's throwing to Squealers like they're the intended receivers into triple coverage? BTW, EVERY ONE of Colt's INTs was on an underthrow. Weak arm boo-birds, have at it. And Little has yet another critical drop? Goat horns to Un-Shure-mur while I'm at it. Hardesty doesn't have the strength to move the pile for YAC. Hillis does. So who does Turdmur give the majority of the running plays to in the second half to?
Defensively, I'm seeing the same thing you are- we seal off the play, and give up big yardage on the cutbacks. That's all on crap linbacker play. Hello? If you can stop the Steelers X4 inside the five, care to explain why you can't do likewise any place else on the field?
Haden shut down Wallace most of the game, thats not easy to do against the fastest WR in the league, I can give him a pass on the slip, if there was a respectable safety in the zone behind him that play wouldn't have went for what it did.
I think the big thing with the goal line stands are the lack of cut backs for the RB's to find. The big boys up front can push the line on the straight runs, if Gocong would stick the lanes like he did on that stand, they wouldn't give up 200+ yards a game rushing. As bad a the WR position is, I still hope they use all their big picks this year to fix the holes on D and FA the offense.
I still hope they use all their big picks this year to fix the holes on D and FA the offense.
BINGO!!!!!
As I and others have stated, we need OLBs real real bad. I am not a draft guru, but if anybody is, or has a list of top LBs, post it on here somewhere.
I get the feeling they will draft a QB. I have been pulling for Colt, but last night was really disappointing. He looked sharp on the first drive, then he & Shurmer went back into oblivion.
-
I still hope they use all their big picks this year to fix the holes on D and FA the offense.
BINGO!!!!!
As I and others have stated, we need OLBs real real bad. I am not a draft guru, but if anybody is, or has a list of top LBs, post it on here somewhere.
I get the feeling they will draft a QB. I have been pulling for Colt, but last night was really disappointing. He looked sharp on the first drive, then he & Shurmer went back into oblivion.
BINGO!!!!!
As I and others have stated, we need OLBs real real bad. I am not a draft guru, but if anybody is, or has a list of top LBs, post it on here somewhere.
I get the feeling they will draft a QB. I have been pulling for Colt, but last night was really disappointing. He looked sharp on the first drive, then he & Shurmer went back into oblivion.
2 words, Luke Kuechly.
Resign Jackson and convert Kuechly to OLB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login