Skip to content

Our Defense Is A Joke

The Browns Board
31 20 1.9k
  • @hx214 said:

    I still hope they use all their big picks this year to fix the holes on D and FA the offense.

    BINGO!!!!!

    As I and others have stated, we need OLBs real real bad. I am not a draft guru, but if anybody is, or has a list of top LBs, post it on here somewhere.

    I get the feeling they will draft a QB. I have been pulling for Colt, but last night was really disappointing. He looked sharp on the first drive, then he & Shurmer went back into oblivion.

    @bob806 said:

    BINGO!!!!!

    As I and others have stated, we need OLBs real real bad. I am not a draft guru, but if anybody is, or has a list of top LBs, post it on here somewhere.

    I get the feeling they will draft a QB. I have been pulling for Colt, but last night was really disappointing. He looked sharp on the first drive, then he & Shurmer went back into oblivion.

    2 words, Luke Kuechly.

    Resign Jackson and convert Kuechly to OLB.

  • Defense played well. A couple mistakes but they forced some turn overs.

    It was the defensive play calling that was shit. Ben is hurt and the center Pouncey was having trouble early. So what do you do? Rush 4 and don't blitz or put any pressure on them.

    Joke play calling on defense. The blood was in the water, Jauron couldn't smell it.

  • Haden played well until that one slip up. BTW Haden is extremely fast and almost caught up to Wallace. What the f*** else did Wallace do the entire game besides that one play? Haden had him in check. Antonio Brown is who killed us. And might I also say TJ Ward is missed badly for our secondary.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Kosar, do you watch football games or highlights afterwards? ? Defense got sliced up by Ben on one leg and couldn't stop the run in second half.

    7 points, until the last 4 minutes. WTF are you talking about? 14 points from a 9-4 team is "sliced up"? The only thing that matters at the end of the game is points and they only had 7 until that ONE play.

    Yes the run is what we need to address by drafting a run stopping LB.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    7 points, until the last 4 minutes. WTF are you talking about? 14 points from a 9-4 team is "sliced up"? The only thing that matters at the end of the game is points and they only had 7 until that ONE play.

    Yes the run is what we need to address by drafting a run stopping LB.

    The D played tremendously...the goal line stands this year have been awesome. The defense is what kept the Browns in the game. The offense not being able to get points is what lost it. Haden didn't lose the game. SOOOO many other things lost the game.

  • absolutely wrong.

    our OFFENSE is the joke.

    but yes. We should have crashed the line, and blitzed the hell out of Ben.

    Poor playcalling, but keep it real.

    Our D (and punter)is the only reason we were in this game to begin with.

    @dj_illness said:

    absolutely wrong.

    our OFFENSE is the joke.

    but yes. We should have crashed the line, and blitzed the hell out of Ben.

    Poor playcalling, but keep it real.

    Our D (and punter)is the only reason we were in this game to begin with.

    I am with you in deffernce to my good friend Roach. Our offense is pathetic and our defense beneftis on stats because or our offense is pathetic

    Clean house start all over again

    the record for starting all over is now within striking distance

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Again, I eat my words on Haden. This kid is scrappy, and fast as a mufukka........ he got up off his ass and caught up with the pack.

    You can't bitch at him for the slip. When you're playing against the fastest players on a team, it is impossible to be perfect. It isn't his fault the Browns can't put poins on the board................

    PLUS, he really didn't even have to play on that down. THe TD was meaningless as the Browns couldn't score anyways.

    Thank you for a good post. Haden still had a good game. He had several great tackles including the forced fumble on the TE in the red zone. We had to force a punt or the steelers could run out the clock. We were stacked to cover the run with our best corner in man coverage against the only WR lined up out wide. I don't blame Jauron for the play call, the Browns were just unlucky that Haden slipped on the play.

    The defense held the steelers to 14 points and forced 3 turnovers as well as a goal line stand. Damn good. Our offense (including Shurmur's playcalling) is the biggest problem here..

  • @dj_illness said:

    absolutely wrong.

    our OFFENSE is the joke.

    but yes. We should have crashed the line, and blitzed the hell out of Ben.

    Poor playcalling, but keep it real.

    Our D (and punter)is the only reason we were in this game to begin with.

    I am with you in deffernce to my good friend Roach. Our offense is pathetic and our defense beneftis on stats because or our offense is pathetic

    Clean house start all over again

    the record for starting all over is now within striking distance

    @rich4eagle said:

    I am with you in deffernce to my good friend Roach. Our offense is pathetic and our defense beneftis on stats because or our offense is pathetic

    Clean house start all over again

    the record for starting all over is now within striking distance

    We need to clean house on offense - not defense. The browns need 2 linebackers that are good pass rushers and run stoppers as well as another corner. After that, the Browns D just needs depth. The offense needs a QB, at least 2 WRs, and a RB. I still think top WRs and RBs are a higher priority than QB right now. McCoy isn't that good but the WRs and RBs are much much worse..

  • Talent wise we are not on the same level as other elite team. But talent can be acquired through draft or FA. Im more worried about the coaching - It is below subpar and I think that will hurt is more. I dont think the mistakes made by this coach are ones of a rookie HC (Ofcourse i havent seen any other rookie HC's making soo many mistakes), It is those of one who either doesnt know football or one who is very careless and not prepared. Those are serious red flags according to me.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    I am with you in deffernce to my good friend Roach. Our offense is pathetic and our defense beneftis on stats because or our offense is pathetic

    Clean house start all over again

    the record for starting all over is now within striking distance

    We need to clean house on offense - not defense. The browns need 2 linebackers that are good pass rushers and run stoppers as well as another corner. After that, the Browns D just needs depth. The offense needs a QB, at least 2 WRs, and a RB. I still think top WRs and RBs are a higher priority than QB right now. McCoy isn't that good but the WRs and RBs are much much worse..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    We need to clean house on offense - not defense. The browns need 2 linebackers that are good pass rushers and run stoppers as well as another corner. After that, the Browns D just needs depth. The offense needs a QB, at least 2 WRs, and a RB. I still think top WRs and RBs are a higher priority than QB right now. McCoy isn't that good but the WRs and RBs are much much worse..

    I couldnt agree with you more. The only difference is that I would go with a DE, LB, and Corner on defence and a WR, a running back, and a right tackle on offense. I agree with you that while McCoy isnt looking that great right now, I think it would be better to shore up some of the gaping holes at WR and LB in the high rounds. I would like to see WR, RB, LB with the first three picks, not necessarily in that order, just take the best available player at one of those positions first. I definitely lean towards offence with the first pick though, either WR or RB. The Offense is far worse than the Defense.

  • @dj_illness said:

    absolutely wrong.

    our OFFENSE is the joke.

    but yes. We should have crashed the line, and blitzed the hell out of Ben.

    Poor playcalling, but keep it real.

    Our D (and punter)is the only reason we were in this game to begin with.

    I am with you in deffernce to my good friend Roach. Our offense is pathetic and our defense beneftis on stats because or our offense is pathetic

    Clean house start all over again

    the record for starting all over is now within striking distance

    @rich4eagle said:

    Our offense is pathetic and our defense beneftis on stats because or our offense is pathetic

    What? Our defense is on the field 65%-70% of the time because our offense is shit. How does the defense benefit from that? If anything it would hurt them. If they are on the field more they should have HIGH yards/points per game stats all around. THEY DON'T. Sometimes I wonder about the logic of some of the people on this board.

  • Same shit- different week. 17 points against the Cardinals and their back-up QB should have been plenty.

  • Ya, blitz the house... shit half of those extended hand offs Raper was crawling into the backfield to hand it off and they couldn't get back there in time?

    I think it all comes down to the linebackers again though, I don't think they could have gotten to the backfield even if they did blitz. Jauron's best chance would have been to jog in another DT and play a 5-2 and hope Sheard could get in off the edge. Or have D Jack walk up and put a hand down on the other side of Sheard, but then that leaves Gocong and Hawaii to plug the cut back lanes and they can't get that done. So ya... again, blitz the house and hope Sheldon doesn't break a hip in coverage and Young doesn't have to make a tackle....

    @hx214 said:

    Ya, blitz the house... shit half of those extended hand offs Raper was crawling into the backfield to hand it off and they couldn't get back there in time?

    I think it all comes down to the linebackers again though, I don't think they could have gotten to the backfield even if they did blitz. Jauron's best chance would have been to jog in another DT and play a 5-2 and hope Sheard could get in off the edge. Or have D Jack walk up and put a hand down on the other side of Sheard, but then that leaves Gocong and Hawaii to plug the cut back lanes and they can't get that done. So ya... again, blitz the house and hope Sheldon doesn't break a hip in coverage and Young doesn't have to make a tackle....

    I agree our linebackers are pretty bad other than DQ. But I disagree about the blitzing. If you didn't notice the Steelers were calling plays with short, quick routes so Ben could get the ball out because they were anticipating us to blitz. If we would have been blitzing they would have been burnt worse. If we did blitz it needed to be up the middle cuz edge rushing would just allow him to step up in the pocket.