Skip to content

Bold Predictions This Offseason

The Browns Board
24 15 1.5k
  • Browns need a wideout

    Jeffrey or Blackmon will wear a browns uniform next season

    Guaranteed

    @cantonlegend said:

    Browns need a wideout

    Jeffrey or Blackmon will wear a browns uniform next season

    Guaranteed

    And if it's Jeffrey then by the 3rd game be prepared for everyone to be screaming about how we drafted another slow ass WR with zero route running ability. The only good WR in the first round this year is Blackmon and you can take that to the bank.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Let's just keep this conversation alive my friend. This happens each and every year, you guys are so sure I am off base, then BOOM the teams does exactly as I predict.

    What you don't see, that I do see, is the Browns getting the wors ass kickings yet in teh final 3 weeks. The fans will want someone's head.

    Hey, who would have bet that the Jews (responsible for killing Christ) would have chosen Barabbas to live, over Jesus?

    Heckert is the only guy who CAN be fired and not cause Holmgren to look like a fool.

    Trsut me, at 4 -12, Heckert is gone.

    Don't forget Holmgren hired Heckert too. Cleveland fans aren't as dense as you think. I can guarantee you the preference would be to can Shurmur ahead of Heckert. Guess what? Romeo Crennell will be available again in 2012. 🙂

  • If RG3 is on the board he will be a Cleveland Brown, and I really hope that happens.

    I know some will be upset we do not take a Offense linemen with our first pick and a kicker with our second. You know the Browns could really use our second round pick on a long snapper since we fired the other one we had. Then we could go place holder with our third....LOL I think somebody in Cleveland would car bomb H&H while driving away from the draft....

  • 1.I say bring in a play making WR via FA. For the most part it takes to long for a WR to really develop into a consistent threat. There are very good WRs out there that could be had. I say try and grab DeSean Jackson his play making out weighs him being a "cancer" and up until this year I never heard of him being a "cancer". If we can't get him Colston, Steve Johnson, DBowe, or Manningham are nice options. And whoever said Manningham won't leave the Giants because of there "depleated" WRs obviously is clueless as to how second yr WR Victor Cruz is doing and they still also have Nicks who is a beast. Manningham is clearly the third WR and would happily leave to become a 1 or 2 ... he may however think twice about coming here because we suck but that will be the case with any FA.

    2.We need to grab a RT ... we should do that via free agency. No need to waste a pick here.

    3. If we address WR with a big name WR via free agency I do not want them to waste a early pick on one. I would be fine with DJax/Colston/DBowe along with Little, MoMass, Norwood, and Cribbs. With our first rounders I would like to draft 2 of the following ... DE/LB/CB. In Round 2 and 3 we add ... RB/CB/WR

    4. We definitly need to add a OC. I also think it will be Mike Sherman.

    5.In free agency we need to add a LBer, CB, and a DE regardless if we draft those positions because we are so thin at all of them. I am also all for trying Sheldon Brown at FS. Robert Mathis or Calais Campbell would be some nice Ends if we could get them. I would also be fine with trading for Osi if the Giants look to move him (Cribbs for Osi??)Potential CBs I would like to see would be Carlos Rogers, BRandon Carr or Cortland Finnigan.

    6. We need to resign DQ and I wouldn't hate resigning Hillis if he is ok with A. not taking a long contract for a shitload of money and B. is ok with not being a featured back. I like him as a back to catch some passes out of the backfield and for short yardage.

    I would idealy like our team to look like this ...

    QB McCoy/Senaca/4th+ project QB

    RB 3rd round Lamicael James / Hillis / Hardesty

    WR1 Desean Jackson

    WR2 Little

    WR3 MoMass

    WR4 Norwood

    WR5 Cribbs

    TE Moore / Watson / Cameron

    OT JT

    OG Steiny

    C Mack

    OG Pinkston

    OT Free agent ???

    Defense

    DE FA/trade Mathis or OSi or 2nd rd pick

    DT Rubin

    DT Taylor

    DE Sheard

    OLB 1a pick

    MLB DQ

    OLB Gocong/Fujita

    CB FA Finnigan/Rogers

    CB Haden

    DB 1b Minnifield??

    DB Skrine

    SS Ward

    FA Brown

  • there is no way in hell we are taing a LB that early in the draft, as much as I love Burfict out ASU he is not worth the 4-8th pick. NOw if he is there with our 2nd first its a no brainer. The Browns will draft the top playmaker they can.

  • Well, with the season pretty much over. What do you think the Browns will do from the front office to draft to Free agents to coaches. This is what I think will happen

    1. Special Teams Coach Fired, he will be the fall guy

    2. Shurmer Stays

    3. With RG3 off the board the Browns take Richerson and with there second pick in the first they take Floyd

    4. We look into Fylnn from Green Bay but the Redskins over pay for him and Colt comes back as QB 🙁

    5. We over pay for Mario Manningham (NYG)

    6. We sign Anthony Spencer Linebacker from Dallas and we sign Brandon Carr (KC)

    7. DQ we tag him

    8. Cribbs is traded for a third round pick, then with the pick we draft LaMichael James, RB, Oregon. James will become our third down back and KO and Punt returner. Cribbs main reason getting dealt is his mouth

    9. back to the second round Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina and are own pick in the third is Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    10. Holgrem and Heckert here the fans with the offense so they over hall the whole offense and bring in a ton of playmaker. They sell us on now that Colt has all these weapons this is the year!!! They sign mainly Defense free agents.

    @tampadawgs said:

    Well, with the season pretty much over. What do you think the Browns will do from the front office to draft to Free agents to coaches. This is what I think will happen

    1. Special Teams Coach Fired, he will be the fall guy

    2. Shurmer Stays

    3. With RG3 off the board the Browns take Richerson and with there second pick in the first they take Floyd

    4. We look into Fylnn from Green Bay but the Redskins over pay for him and Colt comes back as QB 🙁

    5. We over pay for Mario Manningham (NYG)

    6. We sign Anthony Spencer Linebacker from Dallas and we sign Brandon Carr (KC)

    7. DQ we tag him

    8. Cribbs is traded for a third round pick, then with the pick we draft LaMichael James, RB, Oregon. James will become our third down back and KO and Punt returner. Cribbs main reason getting dealt is his mouth

    9. back to the second round Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina and are own pick in the third is Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

    10. Holgrem and Heckert here the fans with the offense so they over hall the whole offense and bring in a ton of playmaker. They sell us on now that Colt has all these weapons this is the year!!! They sign mainly Defense free agents.

    Well Richardson has stated that he wants to return to school so I don't think we get so lucky with that. Floyd has a high probability of ending up in Cleveland. They sign DQ to a 3-year deal. McCoy stays as starter but they possible draft a project player in a later round to put pressure on McCoy and have a plan B in case he tanks. Cribbs may or may not talk his way out of Cleveland.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Let's just keep this conversation alive my friend. This happens each and every year, you guys are so sure I am off base, then BOOM the teams does exactly as I predict.

    What you don't see, that I do see, is the Browns getting the wors ass kickings yet in teh final 3 weeks. The fans will want someone's head.

    Hey, who would have bet that the Jews (responsible for killing Christ) would have chosen Barabbas to live, over Jesus?

    Heckert is the only guy who CAN be fired and not cause Holmgren to look like a fool.

    Trsut me, at 4 -12, Heckert is gone.

    Bullshit Ghoolie, you have always been WRONG!...need I remind you Kellen Winslow Jr. is still playing?

  • @cantonlegend said:

    Browns need a wideout

    Jeffrey or Blackmon will wear a browns uniform next season

    Guaranteed

    And if it's Jeffrey then by the 3rd game be prepared for everyone to be screaming about how we drafted another slow ass WR with zero route running ability. The only good WR in the first round this year is Blackmon and you can take that to the bank.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    And if it's Jeffrey then by the 3rd game be prepared for everyone to be screaming about how we drafted another slow ass WR with zero route running ability. The only good WR in the first round this year is Blackmon and you can take that to the bank.

    The browns don't need any burners. They have that in cribbs

    A west coast offense needs a guy who is big and strong and can catch balls over the middle and take the inevitable hit afterwards. They need a guy who can win jump balls and catches everything thrown in his area

    Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey can both do that

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    And if it's Jeffrey then by the 3rd game be prepared for everyone to be screaming about how we drafted another slow ass WR with zero route running ability. The only good WR in the first round this year is Blackmon and you can take that to the bank.

    The browns don't need any burners. They have that in cribbs

    A west coast offense needs a guy who is big and strong and can catch balls over the middle and take the inevitable hit afterwards. They need a guy who can win jump balls and catches everything thrown in his area

    Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey can both do that

    @cantonlegend said:

    The browns don't need any burners. They have that in cribbs

    A west coast offense needs a guy who is big and strong and can catch balls over the middle and take the inevitable hit afterwards. They need a guy who can win jump balls and catches everything thrown in his area

    Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey can both do that

    Cribbs isn't as fast as he once was. He hasn't had a touchdown return in how long? That's not all speed, but it's a major factor. The guy is getting older and he's not like he used to be.

  • @cantonlegend said:

    The browns don't need any burners. They have that in cribbs

    A west coast offense needs a guy who is big and strong and can catch balls over the middle and take the inevitable hit afterwards. They need a guy who can win jump balls and catches everything thrown in his area

    Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey can both do that

    Cribbs isn't as fast as he once was. He hasn't had a touchdown return in how long? That's not all speed, but it's a major factor. The guy is getting older and he's not like he used to be.

    @usfbrown said:

    Cribbs isn't as fast as he once was. He hasn't had a touchdown return in how long? That's not all speed, but it's a major factor. The guy is getting older and he's not like he used to be.

    Well idk if you know this or not...the kickoffs were moved up so there has been a record number of touchbacks this season

    Cribbs was really never as good a punt returner as he was kick returner because it's more about quickness than overall speed

    If you don't think cribs is fast then Ur not too bright

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Let's just keep this conversation alive my friend. This happens each and every year, you guys are so sure I am off base, then BOOM the teams does exactly as I predict.

    What you don't see, that I do see, is the Browns getting the wors ass kickings yet in teh final 3 weeks. The fans will want someone's head.

    Hey, who would have bet that the Jews (responsible for killing Christ) would have chosen Barabbas to live, over Jesus?

    Heckert is the only guy who CAN be fired and not cause Holmgren to look like a fool.

    Trsut me, at 4 -12, Heckert is gone.

    And I told you that I would bet you $100.00 that he ain't.

    Holmgren is getting 10 million reasons why he does not have to worry about looking like a fool.

  • 1.I say bring in a play making WR via FA. For the most part it takes to long for a WR to really develop into a consistent threat. There are very good WRs out there that could be had. I say try and grab DeSean Jackson his play making out weighs him being a "cancer" and up until this year I never heard of him being a "cancer". If we can't get him Colston, Steve Johnson, DBowe, or Manningham are nice options. And whoever said Manningham won't leave the Giants because of there "depleated" WRs obviously is clueless as to how second yr WR Victor Cruz is doing and they still also have Nicks who is a beast. Manningham is clearly the third WR and would happily leave to become a 1 or 2 ... he may however think twice about coming here because we suck but that will be the case with any FA.

    2.We need to grab a RT ... we should do that via free agency. No need to waste a pick here.

    3. If we address WR with a big name WR via free agency I do not want them to waste a early pick on one. I would be fine with DJax/Colston/DBowe along with Little, MoMass, Norwood, and Cribbs. With our first rounders I would like to draft 2 of the following ... DE/LB/CB. In Round 2 and 3 we add ... RB/CB/WR

    4. We definitly need to add a OC. I also think it will be Mike Sherman.

    5.In free agency we need to add a LBer, CB, and a DE regardless if we draft those positions because we are so thin at all of them. I am also all for trying Sheldon Brown at FS. Robert Mathis or Calais Campbell would be some nice Ends if we could get them. I would also be fine with trading for Osi if the Giants look to move him (Cribbs for Osi??)Potential CBs I would like to see would be Carlos Rogers, BRandon Carr or Cortland Finnigan.

    6. We need to resign DQ and I wouldn't hate resigning Hillis if he is ok with A. not taking a long contract for a shitload of money and B. is ok with not being a featured back. I like him as a back to catch some passes out of the backfield and for short yardage.

    I would idealy like our team to look like this ...

    QB McCoy/Senaca/4th+ project QB

    RB 3rd round Lamicael James / Hillis / Hardesty

    WR1 Desean Jackson

    WR2 Little

    WR3 MoMass

    WR4 Norwood

    WR5 Cribbs

    TE Moore / Watson / Cameron

    OT JT

    OG Steiny

    C Mack

    OG Pinkston

    OT Free agent ???

    Defense

    DE FA/trade Mathis or OSi or 2nd rd pick

    DT Rubin

    DT Taylor

    DE Sheard

    OLB 1a pick

    MLB DQ

    OLB Gocong/Fujita

    CB FA Finnigan/Rogers

    CB Haden

    DB 1b Minnifield??

    DB Skrine

    SS Ward

    FA Brown

    @jnuh said:

    1.I say bring in a play making WR via FA. For the most part it takes to long for a WR to really develop into a consistent threat. There are very good WRs out there that could be had. I say try and grab DeSean Jackson his play making out weighs him being a "cancer" and up until this year I never heard of him being a "cancer". If we can't get him Colston, Steve Johnson, DBowe, or Manningham are nice options. And whoever said Manningham won't leave the Giants because of there "depleated" WRs obviously is clueless as to how second yr WR Victor Cruz is doing and they still also have Nicks who is a beast. Manningham is clearly the third WR and would happily leave to become a 1 or 2 ... he may however think twice about coming here because we suck but that will be the case with any FA.

    2.We need to grab a RT ... we should do that via free agency. No need to waste a pick here.

    3. If we address WR with a big name WR via free agency I do not want them to waste a early pick on one. I would be fine with DJax/Colston/DBowe along with Little, MoMass, Norwood, and Cribbs. With our first rounders I would like to draft 2 of the following ... DE/LB/CB. In Round 2 and 3 we add ... RB/CB/WR

    4. We definitly need to add a OC. I also think it will be Mike Sherman.

    5.In free agency we need to add a LBer, CB, and a DE regardless if we draft those positions because we are so thin at all of them. I am also all for trying Sheldon Brown at FS. Robert Mathis or Calais Campbell would be some nice Ends if we could get them. I would also be fine with trading for Osi if the Giants look to move him (Cribbs for Osi??)Potential CBs I would like to see would be Carlos Rogers, BRandon Carr or Cortland Finnigan.

    6. We need to resign DQ and I wouldn't hate resigning Hillis if he is ok with A. not taking a long contract for a shitload of money and B. is ok with not being a featured back. I like him as a back to catch some passes out of the backfield and for short yardage.

    I would idealy like our team to look like this ...

    QB McCoy/Senaca/4th+ project QB

    RB 3rd round Lamicael James / Hillis / Hardesty

    WR1 Desean Jackson

    WR2 Little

    WR3 MoMass

    WR4 Norwood

    WR5 Cribbs

    TE Moore / Watson / Cameron

    OT JT

    OG Steiny

    C Mack

    OG Pinkston

    OT Free agent ???

    Defense

    DE FA/trade Mathis or OSi or 2nd rd pick

    DT Rubin

    DT Taylor

    DE Sheard

    OLB 1a pick

    MLB DQ

    OLB Gocong/Fujita

    CB FA Finnigan/Rogers

    CB Haden

    DB 1b Minnifield??

    DB Skrine

    SS Ward

    FA Brown

    The Browns will likely get 3 players in the Top 40....so that high second round pick should pretty much become an immediate starter as well.

    So, who do you think they could get?

  • @jnuh said:

    1.I say bring in a play making WR via FA. For the most part it takes to long for a WR to really develop into a consistent threat. There are very good WRs out there that could be had. I say try and grab DeSean Jackson his play making out weighs him being a "cancer" and up until this year I never heard of him being a "cancer". If we can't get him Colston, Steve Johnson, DBowe, or Manningham are nice options. And whoever said Manningham won't leave the Giants because of there "depleated" WRs obviously is clueless as to how second yr WR Victor Cruz is doing and they still also have Nicks who is a beast. Manningham is clearly the third WR and would happily leave to become a 1 or 2 ... he may however think twice about coming here because we suck but that will be the case with any FA.

    2.We need to grab a RT ... we should do that via free agency. No need to waste a pick here.

    3. If we address WR with a big name WR via free agency I do not want them to waste a early pick on one. I would be fine with DJax/Colston/DBowe along with Little, MoMass, Norwood, and Cribbs. With our first rounders I would like to draft 2 of the following ... DE/LB/CB. In Round 2 and 3 we add ... RB/CB/WR

    4. We definitly need to add a OC. I also think it will be Mike Sherman.

    5.In free agency we need to add a LBer, CB, and a DE regardless if we draft those positions because we are so thin at all of them. I am also all for trying Sheldon Brown at FS. Robert Mathis or Calais Campbell would be some nice Ends if we could get them. I would also be fine with trading for Osi if the Giants look to move him (Cribbs for Osi??)Potential CBs I would like to see would be Carlos Rogers, BRandon Carr or Cortland Finnigan.

    6. We need to resign DQ and I wouldn't hate resigning Hillis if he is ok with A. not taking a long contract for a shitload of money and B. is ok with not being a featured back. I like him as a back to catch some passes out of the backfield and for short yardage.

    I would idealy like our team to look like this ...

    QB McCoy/Senaca/4th+ project QB

    RB 3rd round Lamicael James / Hillis / Hardesty

    WR1 Desean Jackson

    WR2 Little

    WR3 MoMass

    WR4 Norwood

    WR5 Cribbs

    TE Moore / Watson / Cameron

    OT JT

    OG Steiny

    C Mack

    OG Pinkston

    OT Free agent ???

    Defense

    DE FA/trade Mathis or OSi or 2nd rd pick

    DT Rubin

    DT Taylor

    DE Sheard

    OLB 1a pick

    MLB DQ

    OLB Gocong/Fujita

    CB FA Finnigan/Rogers

    CB Haden

    DB 1b Minnifield??

    DB Skrine

    SS Ward

    FA Brown

    The Browns will likely get 3 players in the Top 40....so that high second round pick should pretty much become an immediate starter as well.

    So, who do you think they could get?

    @the-gipper said:

    The Browns will likely get 3 players in the Top 40....so that high second round pick should pretty much become an immediate starter as well.

    So, who do you think they could get?

    Gipper,

    It really depends on what they do in free agency. They honestly have a lot of holes and we have a very young team. We need to bring in solid vets via free agency IMO. We can't fill all of our needs in one draft. We need some solid vets in there prime. It also depends a lot on what we do with the QB position. Do we build around Colt? or do we draft someone? Sign a guy like Flynn??

    I know this ... we need playmakers on offense and we have a solid D.

    My thinking is to sign a WR rather then draft one. There is an abundance of good FA WR's. We can just sign a guy (or 2) we already know can play in this league instead of drafting a guy who may not pan out. I just think it is our biggest hole why mess around with a crap shoot when you can sign a sure thing.

    Plus with the defense being solid I say lets put it over the top. Lets go out an use 3 top picks on defensive players and lay down the foundation for an elite defense that can win games on its own. An OLB, CB, and DE can go a really long way on this team. Also drafting a CB could potentially fill 2 holes as we could potentially fill our FS spot with Sheldon Brown until we can find a stud FS in the 2013 draft.

    I would love for them to offer the Giants MoMass or Cribbs for Osi ... although I can not see the Giants being dumb enough to do either of those deals.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns will likely get 3 players in the Top 40....so that high second round pick should pretty much become an immediate starter as well.

    So, who do you think they could get?

    Gipper,

    It really depends on what they do in free agency. They honestly have a lot of holes and we have a very young team. We need to bring in solid vets via free agency IMO. We can't fill all of our needs in one draft. We need some solid vets in there prime. It also depends a lot on what we do with the QB position. Do we build around Colt? or do we draft someone? Sign a guy like Flynn??

    I know this ... we need playmakers on offense and we have a solid D.

    My thinking is to sign a WR rather then draft one. There is an abundance of good FA WR's. We can just sign a guy (or 2) we already know can play in this league instead of drafting a guy who may not pan out. I just think it is our biggest hole why mess around with a crap shoot when you can sign a sure thing.

    Plus with the defense being solid I say lets put it over the top. Lets go out an use 3 top picks on defensive players and lay down the foundation for an elite defense that can win games on its own. An OLB, CB, and DE can go a really long way on this team. Also drafting a CB could potentially fill 2 holes as we could potentially fill our FS spot with Sheldon Brown until we can find a stud FS in the 2013 draft.

    I would love for them to offer the Giants MoMass or Cribbs for Osi ... although I can not see the Giants being dumb enough to do either of those deals.

    @jnuh said:

    Gipper,

    It really depends on what they do in free agency.

    Well, naturally. Everything we do here in espousing what we think the Browns should do personell wise is purely speculative and is dependent on other factore....like who they pick up in FA etc.

    They honestly have a lot of holes and we have a very young team. We need to bring in solid vets via free agency IMO. We can't fill all of our needs in one draft. We need some solid vets in there prime. It also depends a lot on what we do with the QB position. Do we build around Colt? or do we draft someone? Sign a guy like Flynn??

    I know this ... we need playmakers on offense and we have a solid D.

    My thinking is to sign a WR rather then draft one. There is an abundance of good FA WR's. We can just sign a guy (or 2) we already know can play in this league instead of drafting a guy who may not pan out. I just think it is our biggest hole why mess around with a crap shoot when you can sign a sure thing.

    Plus with the defense being solid I say lets put it over the top.

    (after getting run over regularly, I am not so sure how solid it is)

    Lets go out an use 3 top picks on defensive players and lay down the foundation for an elite defense that can win games on its own. An OLB, CB, and DE can go a really long way on this team. Also drafting a CB could potentially fill 2 holes as we could potentially fill our FS spot with Sheldon Brown until we can find a stud FS in the 2013 draft.

    I personally don't have a problem with that strategy....if they indeed do get some offensive playmakers in FA.

    I would love for them to offer the Giants MoMass or Cribbs for Osi ... although I can not see the Giants being dumb enough to do either of those deals.

    No shit?