Skip to content

Browns Draft/fa Predictions

The Browns Board
25 19 1.9k
  • IF the Browns pick 4th Blackmon may still be available. Luck 1, Richardson - Barkley 2, 3 ? With all the Browns picks this year what would it take to move up a spot? If RGIII comes out that will change things. How about the Browns take RGIII then R. Floyd from ND in the 1st or move for Blackmon then take Kalil with the 2nd first rounder.

    Steinbach will be back. Thomas, Kalil. Sign Garcon.

  • I've watched only a little of Garcon and Manningham and I've seen a lot of drops from them. We don't need more guys who can't catch the ball.

  • Lol as if the Browns are going to spend money in FA

  • Almost every draft ive seen has the Browns taking Richardson and Floyd, if RG3 fell to us id consider taking him but i dont think he makes it outta the top 5 and will surpass Barkley.

    Blackmon will be nice but if the Jags pick ahead us they will take him, and the Rams would most certanily look that way as well as Kahili..Dont forget the Panthers ethier they need some help for Cam and Steve Smith is getting up there..

    Ive been seeing alot of Mock drafts that have Ryan Broyles falling outta the top 3 rounds and if we could land him we could have a Steal...I think he was the second best Reciever behind Blackmon before he got hurt,Hes kinda in that Desean Jackson/Jeremy Maclin (better hands) Mold that Heckert seems to like as well...Dont take Alshon Jeffery ethier hes overweight and cant get seperation on his routes he hasnt had one 100 yard receving game this year.

  • But my mock draft will probably be different - .I want them to draft the big OT - all 348 lbs of him. He can play OG and back up both tackle positions for a

    couple of years. He will also be a huge part of special teams lines on field goals and extra points, and a huge asset to goal line scoring opportunities.

    Ghoolie's gonna love you. Gip

    **************************************

    Nah, I think the pugnacious picalilly hates me by now. LOL

    I'm not sold on Floyd. He doesn't have the burner speed. Yeah, neither did Jerry Rice.

    I'd much rather get a burner, and there aren't many in this draft of any size, cept Blackmon, and a few others

    a good bit later in the draft for whatever reasons...

    Meachem is my pick, if I had one, for wr. I just don't see any other blue chip wr in the draft, besides Blackmon. RG3 is

    seriously intriguing for a qb - but he wouldn't be an immediate impact player. Broyles is short - I want a taller wr.

    The Browns don't have the luxury of drafting RG3 to let him sit for a year and learn the offense, as much as that would be cool.

    Still too many major needs outside of qb. This draft is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch - and the Browns fo knows football,

    like I won't have to question their choices again. We'll see....

  • But my mock draft will probably be different - .I want them to draft the big OT - all 348 lbs of him. He can play OG and back up both tackle positions for a

    couple of years. He will also be a huge part of special teams lines on field goals and extra points, and a huge asset to goal line scoring opportunities.

    Ghoolie's gonna love you. Gip

    **************************************

    Nah, I think the pugnacious picalilly hates me by now. LOL

    I'm not sold on Floyd. He doesn't have the burner speed. Yeah, neither did Jerry Rice.

    I'd much rather get a burner, and there aren't many in this draft of any size, cept Blackmon, and a few others

    a good bit later in the draft for whatever reasons...

    Meachem is my pick, if I had one, for wr. I just don't see any other blue chip wr in the draft, besides Blackmon. RG3 is

    seriously intriguing for a qb - but he wouldn't be an immediate impact player. Broyles is short - I want a taller wr.

    The Browns don't have the luxury of drafting RG3 to let him sit for a year and learn the offense, as much as that would be cool.

    Still too many major needs outside of qb. This draft is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch - and the Browns fo knows football,

    like I won't have to question their choices again. We'll see....

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm not sold on Floyd. He doesn't have the burner speed. Yeah, neither did Jerry Rice.

    The Browns don't have the luxury of drafting RG3 to let him sit for a year and learn the offense, as much as that would be cool.

    Still too many major needs outside of qb. This draft is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch - and the Browns fo knows football,

    like I won't have to question their choices again. We'll see....

    I'm not sold on Floyd because he's a major character risk. Blackmon will almost certainly go to the Rams.

    Folks aren't going to like it- but if Blackmon is gone, look for the Browns to try and trade down. Walter's Mock said the Browns have huge holes at LG and RT that have to be addressed, and I agree. Someone better than Jaymie Mitchell at DE wouldn't be a bad idea either. in a 4-3 alignment the D Line is supposed to put pressure on the qb, and other than Sheard, it's not happening.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm not sold on Floyd. He doesn't have the burner speed. Yeah, neither did Jerry Rice.

    The Browns don't have the luxury of drafting RG3 to let him sit for a year and learn the offense, as much as that would be cool.

    Still too many major needs outside of qb. This draft is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch - and the Browns fo knows football,

    like I won't have to question their choices again. We'll see....

    I'm not sold on Floyd because he's a major character risk. Blackmon will almost certainly go to the Rams.

    Folks aren't going to like it- but if Blackmon is gone, look for the Browns to try and trade down. Walter's Mock said the Browns have huge holes at LG and RT that have to be addressed, and I agree. Someone better than Jaymie Mitchell at DE wouldn't be a bad idea either. in a 4-3 alignment the D Line is supposed to put pressure on the qb, and other than Sheard, it's not happening.

    @hoorta said:

    I'm not sold on Floyd because he's a major character risk. Blackmon will almost certainly go to the Rams.

    Folks aren't going to like it- but if Blackmon is gone, look for the Browns to try and trade down. Walter's Mock said the Browns have huge holes at LG and RT that have to be addressed, and I agree. Someone better than Jaymie Mitchell at DE wouldn't be a bad idea either. in a 4-3 alignment the D Line is supposed to put pressure on the qb, and other than Sheard, it's not happening.

    OK, assuming they are in the 5-10 range at the end of the season, how far down would you care for them to go.....and in exchange for what?

    Should they do what they did last year and go from say 8 to 20 and pick up another 1st round pick the following year, and maybe another #2 this year? That would give them 2 picks in the 20s, plus another lower pick in the second round. Let's say they end up with 4 picks in the top 60 this year, plus another #1 for next year.

    Would you go for that? I might. This team desperately needs depth.

  • I really don't like trading down unless they receive alot. I can't see them doing it this year. Maybe.... If it's a small move of less than 5 spots for a 2nd this I'd say ok but not a deal like 2010. Too much of a drop. They need an impact player and chances are that would come with a top 10 pick.

  • Lol as if the Browns are going to spend money in FA

    @hurricane said:

    Lol as if the Browns are going to spend money in FA

    Hopefully the Browns sign another washed up CB from Philadelphia!

  • Well with the offense we have... I'm going to say we draft trade all our picks to make sure when brad wing comes out of college from lsu we are able to draft him

  • Here's what we should do.....distribute all our draft picks evenly among Pittsburg, Cincy, and Baltimore.....just give them away with one codition. They have to take the player we would have taken with each pick. This will set their teams back, maybe enough where we will be more competitive with them. If we can get them to repeat this for 5 consecutive drafts, we should be a lock to win the division. This is my 5 year plan.....I like it a hell, of alot more than Holmgren's.

  • Here's what we should do.....distribute all our draft picks evenly among Pittsburg, Cincy, and Baltimore.....just give them away with one codition. They have to take the player we would have taken with each pick. This will set their teams back, maybe enough where we will be more competitive with them. If we can get them to repeat this for 5 consecutive drafts, we should be a lock to win the division. This is my 5 year plan.....I like it a hell, of alot more than Holmgren's.

    @lodilobo said:

    Here's what we should do.....distribute all our draft picks evenly among Pittsburg, Cincy, and Baltimore.....just give them away with one codition. They have to take the player we would have taken with each pick. This will set their teams back, maybe enough where we will be more competitive with them. If we can get them to repeat this for 5 consecutive drafts, we should be a lock to win the division. This is my 5 year plan.....I like it a hell, of alot more than Holmgren's.

    Now that's thinking outside the box. But it will only work if the owners agree to also wear ascots to soccer games and never watch football again.

  • Here's what we should do.....distribute all our draft picks evenly among Pittsburg, Cincy, and Baltimore.....just give them away with one codition. They have to take the player we would have taken with each pick. This will set their teams back, maybe enough where we will be more competitive with them. If we can get them to repeat this for 5 consecutive drafts, we should be a lock to win the division. This is my 5 year plan.....I like it a hell, of alot more than Holmgren's.

    @lodilobo said:

    Here's what we should do.....distribute all our draft picks evenly among Pittsburg, Cincy, and Baltimore.....just give them away with one codition. They have to take the player we would have taken with each pick. This will set their teams back, maybe enough where we will be more competitive with them. If we can get them to repeat this for 5 consecutive drafts, we should be a lock to win the division. This is my 5 year plan.....I like it a hell, of alot more than Holmgren's.

    Gay. So we drafted Taylor, Sheard, Haden and Ward to upgrade the defense. Guess what? Anyone? Our defense got better.

  • @lodilobo said:

    Here's what we should do.....distribute all our draft picks evenly among Pittsburg, Cincy, and Baltimore.....just give them away with one codition. They have to take the player we would have taken with each pick. This will set their teams back, maybe enough where we will be more competitive with them. If we can get them to repeat this for 5 consecutive drafts, we should be a lock to win the division. This is my 5 year plan.....I like it a hell, of alot more than Holmgren's.

    Gay. So we drafted Taylor, Sheard, Haden and Ward to upgrade the defense. Guess what? Anyone? Our defense got better.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Gay. So we drafted Taylor, Sheard, Haden and Ward to upgrade the defense. Guess what? Anyone? Our defense got better.

    A blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.

  • Lol as if the Browns are going to spend money in FA

    @hurricane said:

    Lol as if the Browns are going to spend money in FA

    The Browns did in 2010. They signed Scott Fujita, Ben Watson, Tony Pashos, and Jake Delhomme. Pashos and Delhomme were obvious mistakes, but H and H have shown that they can spend money in free agency. This season, whether you guys like it or not, was a rebuilding year. We changed to the WCO and the 4-3 defense all with completely new coaches and a limited off-season. We got rid of all the older players and have a very young team. I would be surprised if the Browns don't go after a free agent WR, LB, and OL for next year.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Gay. So we drafted Taylor, Sheard, Haden and Ward to upgrade the defense. Guess what? Anyone? Our defense got better.

    A blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.

    @lodilobo said:

    A blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.

    What about 4 nuts, douchelord.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Gay. So we drafted Taylor, Sheard, Haden and Ward to upgrade the defense. Guess what? Anyone? Our defense got better.

    A blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.

    @lodilobo said:

    A blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.

    A blind squirrel getting 1 nut would fit, but not 4, the analogy here just can't work.

  • The Packers run a west coast type offense that the Browns fantasize about. That being said, Matt Flynn (backup in GB) to someone named Aaron Rodgers, is a free agent and should be taken into serious consideration before we waste another high draft pick on a bust QB or waste another year feeling out McCoy. Also, running backs are a dime a dozen so i'm not sure about wasting a pick on Richardson. Perhaps, luring Ben Tate from the Texans in FA this year. This at least leaves us with an Answer for both RB and QB with the upcoming draft to find pieces to make it work. I'm no expert, just thinking out loud...

  • Draft a long snapper via 1st pick lol

  • @lodilobo said:

    A blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.

    What about 4 nuts, douchelord.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    What about 4 nuts, douchelord.

    What about the 4 nuts, dickhead? If they are so much better than last years players, why is there so little difference in the defensive stats? Last years team through 16 games were ranked 13th overall, while this years team is 8th through 13 games. That seems like a big improvement, but is it? Last years team gave up an average of 20.8 points per game....this years defense?....19.5...big difference? last years defense gave up an average 332 yds. / game. This years?....331.6. Definitely a major improvement? I don't see it.