Skip to content

Clayton thinks Pioli goes to KC

The Browns Board
8 6 869
  • D DieselPusher wrote on last edited by DieselPusher
    #1

    Saw on espn that according to Clayton, Pioli was more impressed with the KC job. He said decision in the next 48-72 hours.

  • Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I think Pioli will stay in NE. I believe he just used us and threw out Ferentz's name to use as an excuse not to take the job.

    If he does end up in KC, I think it will be with McDaniel and not Ferentz.

  • T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @inspecta said:

    at this point it is what it is, and we can only sit back and watch it unfold.

    I don't have a good feeling about this, but that has more to do with with Lerner calling the shots than anything else.

    he could be bringing in Jesus to coach and Moses to be GM and I'd be leery.

    I sure hope not, although Jesus was a good teacher I think he would be too conservative of a head coach. I think his theory of turning the other cheek might also be bad on the defensive side of the ball. But I am all for him being a QB coach!

  • @inspecta said:

    at this point it is what it is, and we can only sit back and watch it unfold.

    I don't have a good feeling about this, but that has more to do with with Lerner calling the shots than anything else.

    he could be bringing in Jesus to coach and Moses to be GM and I'd be leery.

    I sure hope not, although Jesus was a good teacher I think he would be too conservative of a head coach. I think his theory of turning the other cheek might also be bad on the defensive side of the ball. But I am all for him being a QB coach!

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @thomas5737 said:

    I sure hope not, although Jesus was a good teacher I think he would be too conservative of a head coach. I think his theory of turning the other cheek might also be bad on the defensive side of the ball. But I am all for him being a QB coach!

    But, would he show that emotion on the sidelines that some here think is necessary to be a good coach.

  • @thomas5737 said:

    I sure hope not, although Jesus was a good teacher I think he would be too conservative of a head coach. I think his theory of turning the other cheek might also be bad on the defensive side of the ball. But I am all for him being a QB coach!

    But, would he show that emotion on the sidelines that some here think is necessary to be a good coach.

    T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    But, would he show that emotion on the sidelines that some here think is necessary to be a good coach.

    Maybe not, but we would definately hear our players thanking him and giving him the credit after wins. We would also hear a lot of players from other teams doing the same.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #6

    Pioli fears whats beyond billyboys world and he will likely stay in ne again..

    I also fear that lerner is meddling in the affairs of the football operations at this point i think it possible everything savage did he was told by lerner to do including choosing romeos assistants for him...

    Theres a reason why chud and tucker are still around after participating in a failed regime and thats peculiar to me...

  • @thomas5737 said:

    I sure hope not, although Jesus was a good teacher I think he would be too conservative of a head coach. I think his theory of turning the other cheek might also be bad on the defensive side of the ball. But I am all for him being a QB coach!

    But, would he show that emotion on the sidelines that some here think is necessary to be a good coach.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    But, would he show that emotion on the sidelines that some here think is necessary to be a good coach.

    Hey all the great ones showed it. Unlike the stump that was on the sidelines.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #8

    In all fairness to Romeo, it isn't like he had a whole lot to cheer about on the sidelines while he was here...