Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Aw, Baloney

Aw, Baloney

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 10 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
    • 64k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    I remember Wallace no seeing a totally wide open Little on the left sideline, wondering why he didn't get the ball thrown to him.

    This means that Colt is not a starter? Wait a minute.....

    But Seneca played a good game. Colt does too.

    Let's see. What is different. Oh yeah, they were playing A DIFFERENT FOOTBALL TEAM THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED FOR A LONG WHILE.

    I'm long since way back when, tired of some of you guys and your superficial, raging vents.

    1. The addition of a healthy battering ram, Hillis, makes this offense work. Without him, it doesn't. Hillis was finally back. It doesn't matter which qb

    hands off to Hillis. Too bad Watson is out, though.

    2. Wallace has been in the WC offense for years - it shows - his timing does seem better - but he wasn't perfect either, by any stretch. Or did a few of you

    miss the play when Wallace threw the ball away - when they WANTED THE CLOCK TO KEEP RUNNING on third down? Really, Seneca? The right side of the oline

    failed, and Seneca had to feel Colt's angst and panicked? It isn't the qb that had to run for his life that causes it to happen. It's the right side of the offensive line. 😠

    3. If the Browns do draft a qb - I'm fine with whatevever they do - the Browns MUST fix the right side of the oline, and MUST get another

    big time, blazing fast wr. If Blackmon is gone, Kendall Wright is blazing, but he's 5' 10". Although, if you nab a top FA wr, and draft Wright.....

    that would be cool. If Blackmon falls to the Browns, too bad for their division opponents.

    4. Ben Watson wasn't in this game. That is a huge hit to whatever qb is on the field. That put more pressure on Little, and he showed that he

    really should have been a first round pick.

    5. I was surprised Arizona didn't go after the Browns off and inside of Pashos in the first half. Sure enough, they

    started to the second half. But most of the game, Pashos played pretty well - the first half.

    6. Joe Haden himself said that Fitzgerald is the best wr in football. He caught a few big passes, yes. The Browns need a few more players.

    The secondary doesn't play a zone well. Too far off when exchanges from one cover man to another - I don't get it.

    Arizona is a hot team right now, and the Browns should be proud they played a very, very, very close game. The way, way off secondary of the Browns near the end of the second half reminded me of Schottenheimer. I hate that. I mean, twenty yards off the ball ? Maybe it's me. But I think the only time that's a good idea is when you have

    about twenty seconds left in a game with a lead. Dammit, Shottenheim... I mean, Shurmur....😠

    7. The Browns should also be ashamed that their hc has no nads for playing aggressively, and undercut their chances to win with gutless, cya decisions

    to keep him from looking bad if something doesn't work. But it hurts the momentum of the offense. I like the playcalling by Shurmur, but he MUST have an OC

    that has the NADS to go for winning, instead of avoiding losing. Man, I HATE that.

    8. All this knashing of teeth and screaming against the hc, the dc, the owner, the gm, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.... is BALONEY.

    The Browns are well on their way to being a playoff team in a huge way.

    Seriously, don't some of you remember when the Chargers, Packers, Niners, Arizona, Bears,Eagles, Detroit, etc etc, were a good while the worst teams in football? for years?

    Come on, man. The Browns finally have REAL FOOTBALL MINDS in the fo and they have less than one whole year under their belt.

    9. The only exception is Shurmur with no nads. He doesn't presently? for whatever "reasons", have the guts to go for wins. Would rather let the other team lose,

    so he won't have to risk any criticism. Instead, he deserves the far worse criticism he is getting now. Maybe he figures that until they fix the right side of the oline,

    he will manage the game fearful of pressure and disaster. Yeah, well, that's baloney, Shurmur.

    10. When the Arizona defense ramped up the pressure off the right side in the second half, that's when the offense sputtered, they caught up, and Shurmur

    didn't try to win the game during the regulation - I guess he hoped lightning would strike in OT and he wouldn't have to try to grow some nads. dammit.

    11. The Browns still need some players, but if you look at the scores - these Browns play with huge intensity, and they can kick ass on defense. BTW, I think

    Alex Smith should be traded or cut, and the Browns draft another TE, or sign a FA to replace him. He makes stupid mistakes and doesn't play smart.

    12. I remember a few folks around here who were screaming that Little was a waste. WHAT? For a second round pick, a kid who didn't play his last year,

    and a shortened preseason, the kid looks like a HUTE STEAL to me. He has a huge, huge upside. He can make a secondary look silly. Come on, man.

    13. Richardson, rb, Alabama says he will stay in school. If he does, forget about him in the mock drafts already. What's his name, the fragile guy? Not impressed. Too bad.

    14. I also remember a few folks wailing that GoCong was a bum. I said "BALONEY" - he was a very, very quick de out of college and was

    a fine player. He is playing kick ass defense. Come ON, man.

    15. I do resent gutless Shurmur managing a game with cowardice at times. Sure, he has "reasons", but it sucks for all of us, and for the players as well.

    Honestly, I believe Holmgren will have to sit down and have a talk with him and tell him to stop being a coward, like he was with well over a minute left

    ........... If Shurmur figures that his team can't do it, so punt? What's he teaching the Browns players for next year when they CAN do it?

    Come ON, man.😒

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • TypicalBrowns TypicalBrownsT
      • 1k Posts
      • 98 Reputation
      TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
      #2

      He made some valid points, but the team still needs some big time improvement. We're not out of the woods yet let alone halfway through them.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Pumpkin Eater P
        • 4k Posts
        • 297 Reputation
        P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I give up on McCoy.

        :neutral_face:
        TypicalBrownsT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • P Pumpkin Eater

          I give up on McCoy.

          TypicalBrowns TypicalBrownsT
          • 1k Posts
          • 98 Reputation
          TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @pumpkin-eater said:

          I give up on McCoy.

          McCoy WILL get better, he has nowhere to go but up man! Wallace, at his veteran form, was only a tad better accuracy wise. He threw inaccurate balls at peoples feet, as well as missing some open shots downfield. He's a VETERAN and looked barely above Colt. If we stick with McCoy the dude has the right attitude. With time he needs to adapt to the speed of the game, thats it. He's extremely tough and its a miracle he lasted as long as he did this season with the beating he took. Believe in McCoy, the Browns havent had a guy with his mentality in a while. And with Little having his best game with Seneca? McCoy and Little have been fine. If anything Little didnt have his "dropsies" with him yesterday. I understand the frustration, but we need to stick with a guy for once.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
            • 891 Posts
            • 80 Reputation
            tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @king-ghoolie-lives said:

            8. All this knashing of teeth and screaming against the hc, the dc, the owner, the gm, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.... is BALONEY.

            The Browns are well on their way to being a playoff team in a huge way.

            Seriously, don't some of you remember when the Chargers, Packers, Niners, Arizona, Bears,Eagles, Detroit, etc etc, were a good while the worst teams in football? for years?

            Come on, man. The Browns finally have REAL FOOTBALL MINDS in the fo and they have less than one whole year under their belt.

            You're out of your fkucking mind.

            LOL LOVE GOOLIE RESPONSE

            cdl15C 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Hah. so what part of the FRONT OFFICE's draft picks last year were ignorant, schmoolie? It takes more than one year.

              You need a separate forum, alright. You didn't have the nads to legitmately disagree with me on anything.

              Outside of that, you have always been obnoxious, and now you are adding "dumbass" to your list of likes-to-be.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 658 Reputation
                PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Shurmur needs to focus on either Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. He says he wants to call the plays but seems overwhelmed by the other decisions he has to make during the game. He is not very good at the Head Coaching part of it. He really looks like an OC out there. I hardly ever see him out there coaching. A coach must dictate the game and not just call plays, he must inspire his team and will them to victory with gusto. Shurmur isn't doing either one right now very good.

                Shurmur needs to decide what he wants to do. Call plays or Head Coach. Pick one because while you're waiting to decide it's being decided for you...

                The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
                hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Gips GipsG
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 34 Reputation
                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I have seen enough of colt to realize he is a long term project and likely will be a great backup QB until then..

                  However i suspect this regime will draft a QB that is more natural to this system along with wallace to compete for the starting job..

                  Of course with this regime it could take them 5 years to evaluate if municipal stadium has natural grass or not..

                  I really did not expect much this year but somehow still seen much less growth than i expected..

                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • tampadawgsT tampadawgs

                    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

                    8. All this knashing of teeth and screaming against the hc, the dc, the owner, the gm, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.... is BALONEY.

                    The Browns are well on their way to being a playoff team in a huge way.

                    Seriously, don't some of you remember when the Chargers, Packers, Niners, Arizona, Bears,Eagles, Detroit, etc etc, were a good while the worst teams in football? for years?

                    Come on, man. The Browns finally have REAL FOOTBALL MINDS in the fo and they have less than one whole year under their belt.

                    You're out of your fkucking mind.

                    LOL LOVE GOOLIE RESPONSE

                    cdl15 cdl15C Very Popular
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 112 Reputation
                    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @tampadawgs said:

                    LOL LOVE GOOLIE RESPONSE

                    Like the Retard feeding that one stupid duck that always gets hit by a car about mid summer

                    "We are Americans. We don't quit doing something because it's wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing till it turns out right." Browns maybe the most American Football team ever.
                    P 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • cdl15C cdl15

                      @tampadawgs said:

                      LOL LOVE GOOLIE RESPONSE

                      Like the Retard feeding that one stupid duck that always gets hit by a car about mid summer

                      pizzadeliveryguy P
                      • 632 Posts
                      • 15 Reputation
                      P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @cdl15 said:

                      Like the Retard feeding that one stupid duck that always gets hit by a car about mid summer

                      That must be a tough duck.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • PoeticGP PoeticG

                        Shurmur needs to focus on either Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. He says he wants to call the plays but seems overwhelmed by the other decisions he has to make during the game. He is not very good at the Head Coaching part of it. He really looks like an OC out there. I hardly ever see him out there coaching. A coach must dictate the game and not just call plays, he must inspire his team and will them to victory with gusto. Shurmur isn't doing either one right now very good.

                        Shurmur needs to decide what he wants to do. Call plays or Head Coach. Pick one because while you're waiting to decide it's being decided for you...

                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 20k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @poeticg said:

                        Shurmur needs to focus on either Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. He says he wants to call the plays but seems overwhelmed by the other decisions he has to make during the game. He is not very good at the Head Coaching part of it. He really looks like an OC out there. I hardly ever see him out there coaching. A coach must dictate the game and not just call plays, he must inspire his team and will them to victory with gusto. Shurmur isn't doing either one right now very good.

                        Shurmur needs to decide what he wants to do. Call plays or Head Coach. Pick one because while you're waiting to decide it's being decided for you...

                        I hope it's already been decided. I've seen EVERY Browns head coach in action, and I've never seen one of our own look more hopelessly lost than Shurmur. Yeah- even Forrest Gregg, and Chris Palmer (who both had seriously talent deficient teams. Pat makes Romeo Crennell look like a forking genius.

                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • hoortaH hoorta

                          @poeticg said:

                          Shurmur needs to focus on either Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator. He says he wants to call the plays but seems overwhelmed by the other decisions he has to make during the game. He is not very good at the Head Coaching part of it. He really looks like an OC out there. I hardly ever see him out there coaching. A coach must dictate the game and not just call plays, he must inspire his team and will them to victory with gusto. Shurmur isn't doing either one right now very good.

                          Shurmur needs to decide what he wants to do. Call plays or Head Coach. Pick one because while you're waiting to decide it's being decided for you...

                          I hope it's already been decided. I've seen EVERY Browns head coach in action, and I've never seen one of our own look more hopelessly lost than Shurmur. Yeah- even Forrest Gregg, and Chris Palmer (who both had seriously talent deficient teams. Pat makes Romeo Crennell look like a forking genius.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @hoorta said:

                          I hope it's already been decided. I've seen EVERY Browns head coach in action, and I've never seen one of our own look more hopelessly lost than Shurmur. Yeah- even Forrest Gregg, and Chris Palmer (who both had seriously talent deficient teams. Pat makes Romeo Crennell look like a forking genius.

                          Did you see Paul Brown? I was like 10 years old when he was canned so I only have whispers of memories about him. The first Browns season I fully recollect was like 1963 and Blanton Collier was the coach.

                          hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The GipperT The Gipper

                            @hoorta said:

                            I hope it's already been decided. I've seen EVERY Browns head coach in action, and I've never seen one of our own look more hopelessly lost than Shurmur. Yeah- even Forrest Gregg, and Chris Palmer (who both had seriously talent deficient teams. Pat makes Romeo Crennell look like a forking genius.

                            Did you see Paul Brown? I was like 10 years old when he was canned so I only have whispers of memories about him. The first Browns season I fully recollect was like 1963 and Blanton Collier was the coach.

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @the-gipper said:

                            Did you see Paul Brown? I was like 10 years old when he was canned so I only have whispers of memories about him. The first Browns season I fully recollect was like 1963 and Blanton Collier was the coach.

                            Hate to show my age, but my football memories start with the "Greatest Game ever Played" the 1957 Giants-Colts overtime Championship game, so sure I remember Paul Brown, and I recall Modell canning him in the middle of a newspaper strike like it was yesterday.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate